Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Zonal Marking

Read 18237 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Zonal Marking
      Reply #207: Nov 30, 2009 05:16:13 pm
      I dont even start to profess I know much about tactics etc.

All I do know is that from the LFC start of time  it has been the norm to have at least one player on the goal line to assist the keeper at set pieces.

Watching only yesterday ( in the game against the Bitters) I found myself in disbelief as Pepe had to stand fixed on his line on more than one occasion without the posts covered.

If it happened in Sunday league Under 15s yould get blasted for it.

Non comprende.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #208: Nov 30, 2009 05:38:16 pm
      After all mates, we use the combination of both zonal and man marking... The reason we concedeing from set pieces s solely on bad luck with injuries... Our last two matches is the first time we have the same pairing in our central defence, non of our back 4 have had 3 or 4 games on da spin apart from carra and the kid insua... Defending is the most critical position in football, thats where most of the tactical stuff take place... Lets hope our back 4 play a number of games together and we'll see a massive difference...
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #209: Nov 30, 2009 07:17:43 pm
      Fair enough but I'm wasn't implying its the zonal marking.

What I was trying to say is, both zonal and man-to-man have their advantages and disadvantages and people only see the negative sides of it when goals are conceded.

That wasn't directed at anyone in particular Ad, I was just saying that a lot of people seem to be picking up on the lazy 'analysis' that every pundit and journalist seem to be conducting and if they were to just look at the goals we've conceded themselves they could see that the fault lies with individual mistakes and not the system itself.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Set pieces..why do we bother
      Reply #210: Dec 13, 2009 10:24:27 am
      Bump... sorry for bumping this up but I think we might have implemented a change in the set-pieces.

I realised during the Fiorentina game a couple of days ago Insua stood at the goal-line whenever there were corners, directly behind Reina. I clearly dont remember us doing that before the Fiorentina game, what we did was to leave nobody on the goalline with only Reina by himself then.

Now we've got a defender behind Reina right at the goalline with Reina standing a little further up, did anybody realise it??

I dont know whats its for, but I think it'll help Reina move further to catch the ball rather than just stick to his spot and wait for his defenders to clear it. And at least theres a second wall of defence should any other things fail.

So what is your take on this?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #211: Dec 13, 2009 12:54:15 pm
      Fed up now of the sky influenced bullshit.

Want to know what the real problem is and it would not matter whether it was zonal or man-to-man marking, our defenders are too slow to react.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #212: Dec 13, 2009 01:06:08 pm
      Bump... sorry for bumping this up but I think we might have implemented a change in the set-pieces.

I realised during the Fiorentina game a couple of days ago Insua stood at the goal-line whenever there were corners, directly behind Reina.

So what is your take on this?

My take on it is that Rafa has realised that Insua is a short arse and the best place for him is the post rather than attempting to beat any other human to a header.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #213: Dec 13, 2009 01:47:04 pm
      Anyone remember that second goal Jo scored that was offside in the derby match? Why was it offside? Because of zonal marking.

Praise? No. Realisation of the systems' strengths? No way, sir.

Quick Reply