Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!

Read 8294 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!
      Jan 01, 2008 06:17:27 pm
      Javier Mascherano: Anfield is home, allow me to stay at Liverpool

Jan 1 2008 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

JAVIER MASCHERANO today told Liverpool's owners to decide whether or not they want to keep him at Anfield.

In an emotional plea, the Argentinian told of his desperation to become a Liverpool player on a permanent basis but admitted time is now against him.

Rafa Benitez has made it known on several occasions that he wants to keep Mascherano but Liverpool are still to conclude a proposed £17m deal with the player's agent, Kia Joorabchian, and with his 18-month loan due to expire in June the midfielder fears he will be forced to look elsewhere for a permanent deal.

If that were to happen it would represent a massive blow to Benitez who rates Mascherano as one of the finest players in his position in world football.

And with Barcelona waiting in the wings to take him to the Nou Camp, Liverpool now face a race against time if they are to keep him at Anfield.

But Mascherano insists Tom Hicks and George Gillett can still make his Anfield dream come true – if they want to.

"It's simple," said Mascherano. "With the time that has passed it will now be more difficult for me to stay here because I need to do something about my future.

"It is a really difficult situation because I have been talking a lot about how I want to stay here but, now, it doesn't depend on me.

"I have done everything to stay but now the owners have to decide if they want to buy me or not.

“They have to decide."

Mascherano's desperation to stay is further fuelled by the fact he has come to see Liverpool as his home and he thanked Benitez, his team mates and the fans for making him feel so welcome.

"I have to say thank you to everyone at Liverpool because I feel like this is my home," he said.

"It is difficult for me because I have gone from being at West Ham, where it wasn't good for me, to Liverpool, where I am really happy.

"I want to stay but it doesn't depend on me and it will be difficult because of the amount of time that has passed and I need to do something about my future."

If we lose him.  It really does show how brainless Mr. Hicks & Gillett actually are.

HURRY UP AND SEAL THE DEAL!  >:(
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!
      Reply #1: Jan 01, 2008 06:19:26 pm
      Javier Mascherano has to stay

Jan 1 2008 by Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

JAVIER Mascherano had another great game against City on Sunday and was again one of Liverpool's better players.

Ever since he came to Anfield he has done a brilliant job in front of the back four and I've got no doubt that every Liverpool supporter wants to see him stay at the club.

Steven Gerrard must think highly of him as well because when Mascherano is in the team he is given the freedom to go and express himself.

It's no coincidence that Gerrard has scored so many goals in the past couple of months with Mascherano playing alongside him.

Compare that with Gerrard's situation with England where he plays alongside Frank Lampard but doesn't have the same freedom and is therefore restricted from being as effective as he can be.

Mascherano reminds me of Didi Hamann and Ronnie Whelan in that he does a lot of the dog work that gives other players the licence to attack.

It is a role which he performs brilliantly and it would be really disappointing if his stay at Anfield was not made permanent.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2: Jan 01, 2008 06:38:19 pm
      In my opinion  we can cope with losing Momo,Risse, Carson((making his loan permanent) even Crouch.

But we cannot loose Mascherano ,he was one of the best and consistant this year that just passed. Came 3rd in Player of the year award behind Gerrard and Torres. I think that simply says he is class in his first 12 months at anfield

Let's hope rafa settles this .in january , it will be good even for the player himself to perform better
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #3: Jan 01, 2008 06:42:00 pm
      We need him to stay, he's one of our better players. And he should have a long term future in the club. Losing him would be a big set back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #4: Jan 01, 2008 06:46:42 pm
      This one is plain and simple really, if liverpool are to have any chance of winning the league then we have to just pay the 17 million. Its not like paying out shed loads of money for a player that is just going to be a flop. Mascherano has proved himself to be one of the best midfielders in the world, he alwas gives 100% and he is a brilliant tackler and him in the centre with gerrard is deadly as it allows gerrard to bomb on and attack and not wory about having to get back as hardly anyone gets past Masch. Very reliable. If the americans dont give the money for this deal then you have to really begin to question whether or not they are truly passionate about lfc. Masch is young and is just going to get better and better. The deal has to be completed in january or else we ae just going to lose him to barcelona and end up regretting it. Lfc have made the odd mistake with not signig players.(rooney was told he couldnt sign for us because they said he wasnt good enough, and now look at him. He went to our rivals and he has been the player thats scored against us and we ended up losing).

He's a kop favourite and it will be a shame to see him go if the americans dont provide the money
      Garry1603
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 01, 2008 07:48:27 pm
      There is no risk associated with signing Masch - he's a proven class premier league player who fits perfectly into the Liverpool system. He wants to stay, and is popular with players and supporters.

What more needs to be said?

It's simple, Messers Gillett and Hick, if we want to be champions, Masch must not be allowed to leave.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #6: Jan 01, 2008 10:09:02 pm
      Why do I have a feeling of deja vu here?

Remember when we nearly lost Gerrard to Chelsea because there was no clear statement that we wanted him to stay?

Parry went on holiday didn't he?

How about a clear unambiguous statement Rick?

Oh look, a flying pig.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Jan 01, 2008 10:17:46 pm

Remember when we nearly lost Gerrard to Chelsea because there was no clear statement that we wanted him to stay?

Oh look, a flying pig.

Rick has no power, no authority, no nothing - words "lame" and "duck" come to mind.

Best thing Rafa could do is build a direct relationship with the Yanks and stop the bullshitting chinese whispers that Rick Parry has been executing these last two months.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Jan 01, 2008 10:37:23 pm
      to be honest what is the point of Rick Parry even being employed by liverpool, he does'nt actually do anything. My missus could do a better job and she dont even know the offside rule
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 454 
      Reply #9: Jan 02, 2008 01:20:13 am
      I would like to state that we have an 18 months loan deal that we have paid extra for to sample the services of Mascherano.  I don't see anything wrong in using as much of this period as possible, the situation is simple and straight forward, he wants to say and we want him to stay as fans and Benitez also.  I think if the owners did refuse to finance the Mascherano deal they will burn the feet in the process.  I am not worried the slightest it is a no brainer, we will buy him, end off.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #10: Jan 02, 2008 02:27:05 am
      Good on you Masch for expressing your desire to stay. As for Rick Parry my little brothers local side is after a club secretary the position would suit you ideally Mr. Parry, you get a free steak sandwich after every match.  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #11: Jan 02, 2008 03:17:07 am
      Parry is a tw*t, the Yanks are tw*ts. Thats the only thing that we know for sure under the new management. They dont let fans know anything about the club. I blame Parry for everything.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #12: Jan 02, 2008 07:09:49 am
      Id be gutted if we didnt sign Mascherano on a permanent deal the player is quality and with him in the side it leaves Stevie to push forward more than he does say when Alonso plays,if we dont do the deal it would rank up there with Houllier letting Anelka go to buy Diouf instead.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #13: Jan 02, 2008 08:29:31 am
      I would like to state that we have an 18 months loan deal that we have paid extra for to sample the services of Mascherano.  I don't see anything wrong in using as much of this period as possible, the situation is simple and straight forward, he wants to say and we want him to stay as fans and Benitez also.  I think if the owners did refuse to finance the Mascherano deal they will burn the feet in the process.  I am not worried the slightest it is a no brainer, we will buy him, end off.

I agree that we don't have to pay the money out yet but my understanding is that there is an agreed fee so a clear statement if intent would not go amiss and reassure Mascherano and the fans.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: Jan 02, 2008 09:25:10 am
      His agents have offered him to other big European clubs because they dont think he will be signed by Liverpool. Will find the source later.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #15: Jan 02, 2008 09:28:05 am
      I would agree with the sentaments about we need him to stay, he is a world class holding player, but its how we would finance the permanant move. Ideally Rafa wants a world class player for each position and although Momo has had a rough time of it lately, what really pisses me off is the fact that some on this board were loving him at one moment then slating him for being sh*te the next. Some of you so called supporters are less consistant than Rob Styles referring decsions and its pretty pathetic to read at times. Can none of you come out with more than Parry is a tw*t the yanks are tw*ts etc etc. Its really getting quite immature at times.

I wouldnt sell momo unless he really wanted to go as I think he and Masch would occupy and compete for the same position, and I wouldnt sell Crouch either, Carson however is worth a tidy sum and it would be fair to let him go to Villa as I think he has become a great keeper and its not fair on him to keep him as understudy. He would go part way to financing the deal.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #16: Jan 02, 2008 09:47:30 am
      Can none of you come out with more than Parry is a tw*t the yanks are tw*ts etc etc.

I have actually been backing him up. I have stated on a few topics i think he is better than most think.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #17: Jan 02, 2008 10:24:20 am
      Parry is a tw*t, the Yanks are tw*ts. Thats the only thing that we know for sure under the new management. They dont let fans know anything about the club. I blame Parry for everything.

Sorry youve lost me!! How is that statement backing him, who do you mean by him?? You have obviously got to look in the "Ive just contradicted myself" locker mate and stop giving out negative kharma when not justified, and stop making one sentance statements without trying to justify your assumptions or opions.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 02, 2008 10:44:57 am
      last transfer window we sh*t all over parry and the yanks heads only to find ourselfs with Torres, babel, Lucas and Benayoun at the end of the transfer window......great signings IMO, and now we are doing it again...only 2 days into the transfer window!

Have a little patience FFS!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #19: Jan 02, 2008 10:57:21 am
      His agents have offered him to other big European clubs because they dont think he will be signed by Liverpool. Will find the source later.

Maybe the Iranian is trying to push his price up by ensuring international demand for HIS asset.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #20: Jan 02, 2008 11:02:28 am
      I have actually been backing him up. I have stated on a few topics I think he is better than most think.

He certainly had an important role before the arrival of G&H - but I challenge anybody to define his role while sons of Hicks and Gillette travel over to give personal assesment to their Dads of club "situations"...

I have never personally heard of a "Junior CEO" role, which is what Parry has effectively become, i.e., all title, no power... 
      Cy
      Reply #21: Jan 02, 2008 11:31:51 am
      This kind of statement is what been a Liverpool player is all about. Mascherano is without a doubt a great asset for the club. He will worth every penny. Come on Gillet and Hicks, just pay for the lad to stay. He has been outstanding so far, work ethic, commitment attitude....Mascherano has the potential to be one of the great..
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 02, 2008 01:06:53 pm
      Masch is one of the keys to winning the league. We may not get it this year, but I feel that after we sign him indefinetly and he realizes that he isnt' walking on ice anymore, he will open up even more and perform twice as good as we could possibly expect. It will take a small bit of time for him to be 110% comfortable here, and I'm sure that once he does there will be no stopping him. We need more players that give their hearts and souls to Liverpool, and this is a great example.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #23: Jan 02, 2008 01:21:50 pm
      Sorry youve lost me!! How is that statement backing him, who do you mean by him?? You have obviously got to look in the "Ive just contradicted myself" locker mate and stop giving out negative kharma when not justified, and stop making one sentance statements without trying to justify your assumptions or opions.
      I have backed Momo and dont want to see him go. I like the way he plays and have said all along that he has his part to play. Check out the forum and you will realise i havnt bagged him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #24: Jan 02, 2008 01:26:57 pm
      last transfer window we sh*t all over parry and the yanks heads only to find ourselfs with Torres, babel, Lucas and Benayoun at the end of the transfer window......great signings IMO, and now we are doing it again...only 2 days into the transfer window!

Have a little patience FFS!

Good deals, but any fan will admit he is useless and no one really knows what he does for the club. He doesnt come out and give anyone clarification about any news in the media. That whole debarcle with Rafa and Hicks, he didnt pop out and say, 'no, not true, its all good here and everyone is getting along'
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Jan 02, 2008 02:59:10 pm
      I dont no if this is true, i heard it on the radio legends football phone in, but apparently Hicks and Gillet have'nt paid any money to the club and that liverpool have had to loan money out, and H & G are slowly paying it back to the club. (this might be a load of bull, but thoguht i would give it a mention to if any one knows anythin more about it).
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 454 
      Reply #26: Jan 02, 2008 05:58:07 pm
      Ideally Rafa wants a world class player for each position and although Momo has had a rough time of it lately, what really pisses me off is the fact that some on this board were loving him at one moment then slating him for being sh*te the next. Some of you so called supporters are less consistant than Rob Styles referring decsions and its pretty pathetic to read at times. Its really getting quite immature at times.
      Pragmatic you surely can understand the reason for fans getting frustrated with Sissoko, because I certainly can.  I am not talking about those that are quick to conclude that a player is sh*t. But with his performances he is far from eligible to be worthy of being mentioned in a sentence that has world class written in it.  I don’t know what you were trying to imply.

Sissoko has had 6 starts in the prem the results of those games are 1 lost, 2 draws and 2 wins. One of the wins was the derby and that was far from convincing.   This is not mentioning that he was in the side against Marseille (home) and Chelsea in the league cup.  You can’t blame one player for all these results, but like I have said before poor passing may be able to be slightly camouflaged in other positions, but as a CM it comes too apparent and the consequences is disastrous.  It confuses the wingers, and attacking players in general as they don’t know whether to attack or be cautious.

I think he has potential but is costing us too many points.  If you look at the wingers their performances are very different when he is in the side especially Pennant.  If we keep him he has to play off the bench to minimise, as for my personal opinion, we get a good offer take it with a smile. 

« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008 06:02:14 pm by king kenny »
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #27: Jan 02, 2008 06:02:25 pm
      Go on then we'll let ya stay,  just go tell ya Kia/West Ham to reduce the price!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,127 posts | 454 
      Reply #28: Jan 02, 2008 06:16:33 pm
      Go on then we'll let ya stay,  just go tell ya Kia/West Ham to reduce the price!

That’s what it’s all about after all the so-called 17m contractual price is not exactly peanuts.  If they can try and haggle a few million here and there, I say go for it.  After all, the club has the backing of their player, he has been bounced around and wants to stay here now.  The agents can’t do anything without Mascherano’s orders and we have a contract.
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #29: Jan 02, 2008 06:18:00 pm
      Its clear the overall majority of Liverpool fans want mascherano so surely that must register with the owners H&G

His attributes are exceptional and the thought of us missing out on the midfield gem is unthinkable

If i had 17 million i would buy him myself

We have to keep this legend in the making at Liverpool Football club

YNWA
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #30: Jan 02, 2008 06:18:35 pm
      If i had one player that I would sign this january it would Macherano.

He has proved he is worth the 17million price tag to the yanks so I'm quite sure but more hopeful that they will bust the bank and make his loan permanant.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #31: Jan 02, 2008 07:24:55 pm
      Its clear the overall majority of Liverpool fans want mascherano so surely that must register with the owners H&G

His attributes are exceptional and the thought of us missing out on the midfield gem is unthinkable

If I had 17 million I would buy him myself

We have to keep this legend in the making at Liverpool Football club

YNWA
      Too right we have honoured him in a song and everything!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #32: Jan 03, 2008 05:05:34 pm
      Craptalk by Mascherano. It's about money and contracts. Period. Players should stop to pretend they have special emotions for certain cities or clubs if it's not for real. Can't it be that he just wants more money and therefore Gilett/Hicks are so reluctant?

Because normally a Mascherano deal would be a no-brainer....
      RED-X
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 03, 2008 06:20:23 pm
      I think we need it, I would like to stay
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: Jan 03, 2008 10:47:02 pm
      Craptalk by Mascherano. It's about money and contracts. Period. Players should stop to pretend they have special emotions for certain cities or clubs if it's not for real. Can't it be that he just wants more money and therefore Gilett/Hicks are so reluctant?

Because normally a Mascherano deal would be a no-brainer....

I dont think this is crap talk, on what grounds are you basing that on the fact he leaves his guts on the pitch and gives 110% every week. Yes i admit to criticising the way he plays but it would be a sin to criticise his commitment to the team when he is on that pitch and it is not the first time that he has publicy came out and said he would like to stay at liverpool.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jan 04, 2008 08:17:42 am

Oh look, a flying pig.
      Oh mate how could compare Rick Parry to the original flying pig the great Tommy Lawrence.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #36: Jan 04, 2008 11:07:04 am
      The Masch deal will go through - the player wants it, the manager wants it and the fans want it. So it will happen.

What is happening now is the Iranian spin doctoring the value of his asset - just like he did with Tevez for Manure... he is our man I have no doubt of that.

Just hope we have some cash spare for another couple of players - especially if we off-load Kewell (Fulham?), JAR (Villa?), Crouch (City?) and Momo (Juve / Valencia?)... that should raise more than enough funds to own Masch and buy at least one more quality player... preferably a centre back... I would give El Zhar up-front or even Nemeth...with Torres.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #37: Jan 04, 2008 01:38:27 pm
      Oh mate how could compare Rick Parry to the original flying pig the great Tommy Lawrence.

Sorry Billy.

Didn't mean to impinge on the great man's name.

I remember his mud spattered frame flying through the air with a lot of affection. :f_sorry:
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #38: Jan 04, 2008 02:53:52 pm
      the second news by Ian Rush??? :o
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #39: Jan 04, 2008 05:22:53 pm
      Sign him and get it over with. FFS!!!
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #40: Jan 04, 2008 06:30:09 pm
      Juve are going to make a official bid. Lets hope we can get to him before they will.

I have trusted the owners so far, but that will disappear if they can't find the money to buy macherano

He is a world class midfielder and I dare say our hopes of winning the title would be almost over if we don't keep macherano at anfield.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #41: Jan 05, 2008 07:54:43 am
      Heard the scumbags are interested in Masc. if loosing to them last month is not bad enough than lossing Masc. wll be. Can't the Yanks see what we are buying into? Masc. has the potential to be turned into a world class attacking midfield if we care to watch him play closely. Its just that Rafa needs to develop him further as a player. Give him another year or two and 17 mil. will be peanuts to us and we may need to double or triple the figure to get him back here.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #42: Jan 05, 2008 08:38:14 am
      Sorry Billy.

Didn't mean to impinge on the great man's name.

I remember his mud spattered frame flying through the air with a lot of affection. :f_sorry:
      Thanks for the reply Oldred,I knew you werent having a go at Tommy Lawrence,but I couldnt resist the reply.Cheers.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2008 02:09:56 pm
      Looks like Mascherano won't be staying.. unfortuantley... as he's been by far our best midfielder this season :(
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,302 posts | 2845 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2008 04:38:15 pm
      joke that were going to lose him. Our player of the season for me even ahead of Torres. Love watching him chase people down to get the ball agggh does me head in thinking of someone else getting him and he wants to play for us genuinely!

Christ there has to be some way we can keep him. 
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2008 05:03:28 pm
      joke that were going to lose him. Our player of the season for me even ahead of Torres. Love watching him chase people down to get the ball agggh does me head in thinking of someone else getting him and he wants to play for us genuinely!

Christ there has to be some way we can keep him. 

Maybe if Christ himself takes over from Rafa he can work a few miracles on and off the pitch... that is what I think a few un-real fans are expecting on here.

Wake up - smell the coffee - the club is firmly on S H I T  STREET at the moment.

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #46: Feb 19, 2008 10:09:48 pm
      Javier is a snip at GBP 17M on this form.

What a player, bossed the midfield ...a midfield that was full of intl midfielders... what a dude.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #47: Feb 19, 2008 10:11:43 pm
      After tonights performance, if he wants to leave he'll have to go through me...... and several other fans first.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #48: Feb 19, 2008 10:14:33 pm
      Tonight he could not have made any clearer why he is worth the money. But anyone who saw the CL final last year would already know
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #49: Feb 19, 2008 11:02:21 pm
      He was quite simply awesome tonight. Countless times of getting a foot in and breaking up their play. Alot of it goes unseen but if you follow him he's always there, getting stuck in, running around at full pelt determined to win the ball back. Almost like he's been hypnotized to go and get the ball!

Tonight he played the defensive midfield role like a Master and with Lucas alongside him it seemed well balanced. There was some superb passing aswell from Mash.There was one I recall ,a 1-2 I think it was with Finnan and his return pass was beautifully weighted....fantastic player.

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 11:04:44 pm by LondonRed »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #50: Feb 19, 2008 11:03:50 pm
      This deal should have been done and dusted a long long time ago.  Considering they made a profit from the January transfers - securing Mascherano's signature would be a big step in the right direction from the Chuckle brothers.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #51: Feb 19, 2008 11:05:11 pm
      Don't forget his distribution Londonred, his passing was F***ing awesome tonight! He seems to be becoming a much more complete midfielder this season.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #52: Feb 19, 2008 11:47:44 pm
      He has the ingredients in his play to show he is the best at what he does, no one comes close. such a crucial player to us.
      Cy
      Reply #53: Feb 19, 2008 11:54:06 pm
      Tonight was an other reason ( for those who doubted) why he is an Argentine international....masterf ul performance from Masch tonight...well done..Just sign the lad, what more proof do you need??
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #54: Feb 20, 2008 10:13:02 am
      He was quite simply awesome tonight. Countless times of getting a foot in and breaking up their play. Alot of it goes unseen but if you follow him he's always there, getting stuck in, running around at full pelt determined to win the ball back. Almost like he's been hypnotized to go and get the ball!

Tonight he played the defensive midfield role like a Master and with Lucas alongside him it seemed well balanced. There was some superb passing aswell from Mash.There was one I recall ,a 1-2 I think it was with Finnan and his return pass was beautifully weighted....fantastic player.

...and didn't even get booked.

Made Mikelele, in his prime in that role at Real Madrid, look quite ordinary... as Eddie said, awesome midfield display - absolutely brilliant performance.

I don't care what Gerrard says, when he plays flank libero we are a DIFFERENT and balanced team.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: Feb 20, 2008 11:29:45 am

Quite right London Red, watching on the tele, when the camera only follows the play, you don't see all the work that Masch does off the ball, but last night I was watching him off the ball, his movement and positional play is excellent this bloke is absolutely awesome.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #56: Feb 20, 2008 12:42:04 pm
      ...and didn't even get booked.

Made Mikelele, in his prime in that role at Real Madrid, look quite ordinary... as Eddie said, awesome midfield display - absolutely brilliant performance.

I don't care what Gerrard says, when he plays flank libero we are a DIFFERENT and balanced team.

Woah he was absolutely sublime last night but makalele in his prime was phenominal that was a bit far he had the best game iv'e seen him have though definately.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #57: Feb 20, 2008 12:43:57 pm
      Woah he was absolutely sublime last night but makalele in his prime was phenominal that was a bit far he had the best game iv'e seen him have though definately.

Makelele's dristribution is pants... he destroys and looks for the obvious-safe short pass... Masch was doing a Xabi at times last night!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 20, 2008 01:23:42 pm
      We signed him during the transfer window!

Wouldn't mind another Masch though to add to our collection

Tonight was an other reason ( for those who doubted) why he is an Argentine international....masterf ul performance from Masch tonight...well done..Just sign the lad, what more proof do you need??
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #59: Feb 20, 2008 01:31:16 pm
      Makelele's dristribution is pants... he destroys and looks for the obvious-safe short pass... Masch was doing a Xabi at times last night!

I noticed that mate.  He was able to ping the ball anywhere he wanted.

Fantastic performance from the lad.  Hope to see more.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #60: Feb 20, 2008 01:35:56 pm
      Xabi1309, we didn't sign him in January. Apparently we have a verbal agreement to sign him, but knowing what Hicks & Gillett are like with their word that doesn't offer me too much comfort.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #61: Feb 20, 2008 01:43:43 pm
      Mash has been the best player in recent weeks and last night was awesome.Am I right in thinking that his overall game is improving week by week?
      Eddie your right, all we have to date is a verbal agreement on purchase price,makes you wonder why the deal hasn't been done. ???
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2008 02:56:06 pm
      Eddie your right, all we have to date is a verbal agreement on purchase price,makes you wonder why the deal hasn't been done. ???

Well after last night, pretty sure Mancini will put a bid in... if we do have first refusal and a deadline date and an agreed price... then waiting, maybe only maybe, is not such a bad thing, bad injuries, etc... still think he is just to GOOD to miss out on... so get the pen and paper ready slick Rick.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #63: Feb 20, 2008 05:17:53 pm

True he was making amazing passes i have been the first to praise him all the time but makalele was a master of what he did im not comparing him to maka now im comparing him to maka in his prime.

But anyway it doesnt matter Mascherano is an amazing player who cant be beaten right now. I think iv'e yet to see him have a bad game for us.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #64: Feb 20, 2008 05:21:14 pm
      True he was making amazing passes I have been the first to praise him all the time but makalele was a master of what he did im not comparing him to maka now im comparing him to maka in his prime.

But anyway it doesnt matter Mascherano is an amazing player who cant be beaten right now. I think iv'e yet to see him have a bad game for us.

I saw his debut vs Sheff Utd last season and to date, I can't think of a single bad game... there must of been one...but can't think of it right now.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #65: Feb 20, 2008 09:29:28 pm
      He seriously hasnt had a bag game for us, even if we all play bad hes still there winning us back the ball and playing it to someone.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2008 01:14:16 pm
      I dont think this is crap talk, on what grounds are you basing that on the fact he leaves his guts on the pitch and gives 110% every week. Yes I admit to criticising the way he plays but it would be a sin to criticise his commitment to the team when he is on that pitch and it is not the first time that he has publicy came out and said he would like to stay at liverpool.

Yes, I do agree to a great extend that Masc's loyalty and commitment towards the club is very much got to do with what he does on the field while mere words would not reflect that. And so far he has not dissapointed me at all.
      CapnEvil
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 22, 2008 01:46:37 am
      I agree, this is definitly one player we need to keep.  If we don't sign him, he's the type of player who would do big things for another team, and make us regret missing out.

Quick Reply