Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!

Read 8302 times
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Mascherano: Anfield is my home, allow me to stay!
      Reply #46: Feb 19, 2008 10:09:48 pm
      Javier is a snip at GBP 17M on this form.

What a player, bossed the midfield ...a midfield that was full of intl midfielders... what a dude.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #47: Feb 19, 2008 10:11:43 pm
      After tonights performance, if he wants to leave he'll have to go through me...... and several other fans first.
      TotheMax
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | 22 
      Reply #48: Feb 19, 2008 10:14:33 pm
      Tonight he could not have made any clearer why he is worth the money. But anyone who saw the CL final last year would already know
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #49: Feb 19, 2008 11:02:21 pm
      He was quite simply awesome tonight. Countless times of getting a foot in and breaking up their play. Alot of it goes unseen but if you follow him he's always there, getting stuck in, running around at full pelt determined to win the ball back. Almost like he's been hypnotized to go and get the ball!

Tonight he played the defensive midfield role like a Master and with Lucas alongside him it seemed well balanced. There was some superb passing aswell from Mash.There was one I recall ,a 1-2 I think it was with Finnan and his return pass was beautifully weighted....fantastic player.

« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 11:04:44 pm by LondonRed »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #50: Feb 19, 2008 11:03:50 pm
      This deal should have been done and dusted a long long time ago.  Considering they made a profit from the January transfers - securing Mascherano's signature would be a big step in the right direction from the Chuckle brothers.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #51: Feb 19, 2008 11:05:11 pm
      Don't forget his distribution Londonred, his passing was F***ing awesome tonight! He seems to be becoming a much more complete midfielder this season.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #52: Feb 19, 2008 11:47:44 pm
      He has the ingredients in his play to show he is the best at what he does, no one comes close. such a crucial player to us.
      Cy
      Reply #53: Feb 19, 2008 11:54:06 pm
      Tonight was an other reason ( for those who doubted) why he is an Argentine international....masterf ul performance from Masch tonight...well done..Just sign the lad, what more proof do you need??
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #54: Feb 20, 2008 10:13:02 am
      He was quite simply awesome tonight. Countless times of getting a foot in and breaking up their play. Alot of it goes unseen but if you follow him he's always there, getting stuck in, running around at full pelt determined to win the ball back. Almost like he's been hypnotized to go and get the ball!

Tonight he played the defensive midfield role like a Master and with Lucas alongside him it seemed well balanced. There was some superb passing aswell from Mash.There was one I recall ,a 1-2 I think it was with Finnan and his return pass was beautifully weighted....fantastic player.

...and didn't even get booked.

Made Mikelele, in his prime in that role at Real Madrid, look quite ordinary... as Eddie said, awesome midfield display - absolutely brilliant performance.

I don't care what Gerrard says, when he plays flank libero we are a DIFFERENT and balanced team.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #55: Feb 20, 2008 11:29:45 am

Quite right London Red, watching on the tele, when the camera only follows the play, you don't see all the work that Masch does off the ball, but last night I was watching him off the ball, his movement and positional play is excellent this bloke is absolutely awesome.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #56: Feb 20, 2008 12:42:04 pm
      ...and didn't even get booked.

Made Mikelele, in his prime in that role at Real Madrid, look quite ordinary... as Eddie said, awesome midfield display - absolutely brilliant performance.

I don't care what Gerrard says, when he plays flank libero we are a DIFFERENT and balanced team.

Woah he was absolutely sublime last night but makalele in his prime was phenominal that was a bit far he had the best game iv'e seen him have though definately.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #57: Feb 20, 2008 12:43:57 pm
      Woah he was absolutely sublime last night but makalele in his prime was phenominal that was a bit far he had the best game iv'e seen him have though definately.

Makelele's dristribution is pants... he destroys and looks for the obvious-safe short pass... Masch was doing a Xabi at times last night!
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 20, 2008 01:23:42 pm
      We signed him during the transfer window!

Wouldn't mind another Masch though to add to our collection

Tonight was an other reason ( for those who doubted) why he is an Argentine international....masterf ul performance from Masch tonight...well done..Just sign the lad, what more proof do you need??
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #59: Feb 20, 2008 01:31:16 pm
      Makelele's dristribution is pants... he destroys and looks for the obvious-safe short pass... Masch was doing a Xabi at times last night!

I noticed that mate.  He was able to ping the ball anywhere he wanted.

Fantastic performance from the lad.  Hope to see more.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #60: Feb 20, 2008 01:35:56 pm
      Xabi1309, we didn't sign him in January. Apparently we have a verbal agreement to sign him, but knowing what Hicks & Gillett are like with their word that doesn't offer me too much comfort.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #61: Feb 20, 2008 01:43:43 pm
      Mash has been the best player in recent weeks and last night was awesome.Am I right in thinking that his overall game is improving week by week?
      Eddie your right, all we have to date is a verbal agreement on purchase price,makes you wonder why the deal hasn't been done. ???
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2008 02:56:06 pm
      Eddie your right, all we have to date is a verbal agreement on purchase price,makes you wonder why the deal hasn't been done. ???

Well after last night, pretty sure Mancini will put a bid in... if we do have first refusal and a deadline date and an agreed price... then waiting, maybe only maybe, is not such a bad thing, bad injuries, etc... still think he is just to GOOD to miss out on... so get the pen and paper ready slick Rick.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #63: Feb 20, 2008 05:17:53 pm

True he was making amazing passes i have been the first to praise him all the time but makalele was a master of what he did im not comparing him to maka now im comparing him to maka in his prime.

But anyway it doesnt matter Mascherano is an amazing player who cant be beaten right now. I think iv'e yet to see him have a bad game for us.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #64: Feb 20, 2008 05:21:14 pm
      True he was making amazing passes I have been the first to praise him all the time but makalele was a master of what he did im not comparing him to maka now im comparing him to maka in his prime.

But anyway it doesnt matter Mascherano is an amazing player who cant be beaten right now. I think iv'e yet to see him have a bad game for us.

I saw his debut vs Sheff Utd last season and to date, I can't think of a single bad game... there must of been one...but can't think of it right now.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #65: Feb 20, 2008 09:29:28 pm
      He seriously hasnt had a bag game for us, even if we all play bad hes still there winning us back the ball and playing it to someone.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: Feb 21, 2008 01:14:16 pm
      I dont think this is crap talk, on what grounds are you basing that on the fact he leaves his guts on the pitch and gives 110% every week. Yes I admit to criticising the way he plays but it would be a sin to criticise his commitment to the team when he is on that pitch and it is not the first time that he has publicy came out and said he would like to stay at liverpool.

Yes, I do agree to a great extend that Masc's loyalty and commitment towards the club is very much got to do with what he does on the field while mere words would not reflect that. And so far he has not dissapointed me at all.
      CapnEvil
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 22, 2008 01:46:37 am
      I agree, this is definitly one player we need to keep.  If we don't sign him, he's the type of player who would do big things for another team, and make us regret missing out.

Quick Reply