Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Jan

Read 5394 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Jan
      Jan 13, 2008 09:31:38 am
      All the moans and groans in the world will not change the results of the last 3 league matches.I understand and in a lot of cases agree with posters discontent at the way our team has been playing.Now it is time to move on and look forward to the Luton Match, I think the REDS will do a demolition job on Luton and hopefully it will be the kickstart we have been looking for in the league and get us in the right frame of mind for the champions league.Just remember the mighty REDS have come through bad times in the past and we will come good again.Our history demands it.
      « Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 09:09:04 pm by JD »
      MsGerrard
      Re: Time To Move On .Luton Here WE Come.
      Reply #1: Jan 13, 2008 10:20:34 am
      All the moans and groans in the world will not change the results of the last 3 league matches.I understand and in a lot of cases agree with posters discontent at the way our team has been playing.Now it is time to move on and look forward to the Luton Match, I think the REDS will do a demolition job on Luton and hopefully it will be the kickstart we have been looking for in the league and get us in the right frame of mind for the champions league.Just remember the mighty REDS have come through bad times in the past and we will come good again.Our history demands it.

I agree with you Billy......there's absolutely nothing we can do to change results. >:(

We can moan and groan all we like but, we can't do anything about it, although as supporters of this great team, we are entitled to have our say.....be it good  ;D   or bad.  :(

But the Manager and the team need us to get behind them, and work through this difficult period of the season.  :(

We'll come good, said she trying to remain positive and optimistic  ;D

It would be nice to think we could go on a bit of a run, lift the pressure off Rafa, give some of the under performing stars in our team a boost and shut the media up.........I'm in dream land  ::)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #2: Jan 13, 2008 11:20:39 am
      I would start playing some youth/reserve players in established 1st team places... give them the chance they deserve and a few established first teamers don't... starting with El Zhar and Nemeth given runs up-front... why not?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Jan 13, 2008 11:36:14 am

Totally agree Billy we need to roll our sleeves up and get on with it instaed of brooding, if we get a good win against Luton that should start the ball rolling hopefully.

I would start playing some youth/reserve players in established 1st team places... give them the chance they deserve and a few established first teamers don't... starting with El Zhar and Nemeth given runs up-front... why not?

I agree totally with you there don. I would also state that instead of splashing out on a winger why not just recall Anderson and be done with it. That lad deserves a shot at least.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Re: Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Sep
      Reply #4: Jan 13, 2008 11:38:55 am
      ..recall Anderson and be done with it. That lad deserves a shot at least.

Great point re Anderson as Babel promising loads ...but delivering jack-sh*t.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #5: Jan 13, 2008 04:06:12 pm
      Good to hear him say it but does he really know who his strongest team is? On paper sure it stares you in the face but with so many players under performing should some fringe/young players get the chance to prove themselves as has been said in earlier in this post thread?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158391080113-1121.htm

BOSS: I'LL PICK STRONGEST TEAM
      Jimmy Rice 13 January 2008

Rafa Benitez plans to select his strongest possible side when Luton Town travel to Anfield for the FA Cup third round replay on Tuesday.
      The Spaniard this week denied he selected a weakened side at Kenilworth Road, pointing to the fact he had 10 internationals in the side.

"I was surprised when a journalist questioned me about not using my strongest team," said Benitez, who was without Steven Gerrard for the initial tie due to injury.

"We had 10 international players in the side but the journalist was just talking about Fernando Torres, so I think he didn't know exactly about our squad.

"We will approach the replay with the same idea. I will use a strong team again because we want to progress in the FA Cup.

"It is a fantastic competition and we want to win it again."

Benitez, whose side have seen in the New Year with three consecutive draws, admits the performance at Luton was not good enough.

However, the Liverpool boss is confident his players can shake off their indifferent form to record a first win of 2008.

"It wasn't good enough, that is clear. We were really disappointed after the game but a lot of Premier League teams didn't even get a replay," he said.

"We watched some videos and we knew it could be a tough game because they are physical and for them it was like a final.

"It was an opportunity for their players to show their quality and put themselves in the window. You must give credit to them because they played well.

"Maybe we can learn from this game and it will be totally different at Anfield. We have another opportunity now and I have a lot of confidence in our team. I think we will win because we want to progress in the competition."

Luton, currently in administration, have lost several players since the initial tie including David Edwards and Chris Coyne.

Frustrated by player sales, manager Kevin Blackwell has tendered his resignation and will step down in February.

The winner of Tuesday's tie will face either League One Swansea City or non-league Havant and Waterlooville.
      Troffy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -55 
      Reply #6: Jan 13, 2008 04:10:45 pm
      Great point re Anderson as Babel promising loads ...but delivering jack-sh*t.

Not true. Babel has done as much in his first season as Ronaldo did in his.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #7: Jan 13, 2008 04:41:33 pm

I'll toast to that ...looking forward to Ryan Babel being named FIFA World Player of the Year next season!

...Babel (or Dirk) won't even be in their national squad on this season's form!
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #8: Jan 14, 2008 09:47:47 am

exactly and hes not even a left winger. yet he has scored 6 goals alot of them amazing goals. play him upfront for a few games in a row and see how much of an impact he has.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #9: Jan 14, 2008 10:28:33 am
      This game is the perfect chance to start Babel up front maybe with Crouch. Also Agger could maybe ease himself back in with this tie. It should be nowhere near as tricky as the the tie in there place. Id start with a stong enough 11 and have the likes of Spearing on the bench and give him a run out in the second half if we are 2 or 3 up 
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #10: Jan 14, 2008 10:28:55 am
      i think if Rafa gives babel time he will be a big big hit. surely he cannot be judged on his first 20 games? look at henry at arsenal and ronaldo at scum u. both started slow in the prem but now are both world beaters.
      Venom-C
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 14, 2008 10:34:14 am
      Hmmm.......here's my team:

Reina
      Arbeloa                  Carra                       Agger/Skirty             Aurelio

Pennant                Gerrard                    Maschy                     Babel

Crouch                    Nemeth/any reserve forward who give a sh*t

Torres has to have a rest sometime, but to put Voro or kuyt in his place would be suicidal as I dont think they would make our reserve bench on the way they're playing ATM....so I'd give one of the promising reserve players a run because they're not retarded like those other 2 "1st team strikers" I've mentioned.

I've put Babel on the left because its obvious rafa has some sort of plan with him because I'm pretty sure rafa's not blind to his abilities (wenger.....henry?), so I'm not gonna get on Rafa's back about it.
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #12: Jan 14, 2008 10:37:09 am
      I think if Rafa gives babel time he will be a big big hit. surely he cannot be judged on his first 20 games? look at henry at arsenal and ronaldo at scum u. both started slow in the prem but now are both world beaters.

Yeah - look at Sam at Newcastle...

At this level and at his price - delivery is fast-tracked!

I have no doubt he has the talent - but like some others in the present squad - does he have the mental strength to go with the ability in his boots? Jury still out on that one (for me at least)...
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Jan 14, 2008 10:43:31 am
      Hmmm.......here's my team:

Reina
      Arbeloa                  Carra                       Agger/Skirty             Aurelio

Pennant                Gerrard                    Maschy                     Babel

Crouch                    Nemeth/any reserve forward who give a sh*t

Torres has to have a rest sometime, but to put Voro or kuyt in his place would be suicidal as I dont think they would make our reserve bench on the way they're playing ATM....so I'd give one of the promising reserve players a run because they're not retarded like those other 2 "1st team strikers" I've mentioned.

I've put Babel on the left because its obvious rafa has some sort of plan with him because I'm pretty sure rafa's not blind to his abilities (wenger.....henry?), so I'm not gonna get on Rafa's back about it.

I would (as Rafa has stated play our strongest XI). Nothing like a decent win to get confidence back - hence I would play Torres - but I would also play SG wide and put Xabi and Masch in the middle... but given Rafa's popularity in the press at the minute I presume Pennant would get the nod and Xabi or Masch to be sacrificed

Sacrificing one of our very few world-class players (either Xabi or Masch) so that SG can be "happy" for me, from a team perspective, is madness - particularly as we have WON so many BIG games with SG on the wing/libero - because the last thing SG does (if you study his libero movement) is actually stay in any one position anyway!!!.
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #14: Jan 14, 2008 10:45:07 am
      i totally agree with you don. but lets just hope and pray that babel has the mentality to be a great player. has shown his ability. i think he should get a go up front on Tuesday. you? ???
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #15: Jan 14, 2008 11:03:21 am
      I totally agree with you don. but lets just hope and pray that babel has the mentality to be a great player. has shown his ability. I think he should get a go up front on Tuesday. you? ???

Yeah why not, he needs a few in the net to get his confidence up, he is a very well mannered lad apparently (very spiritual) and so I've heard, very sensitive ...and he is only 19 - when combined in the current climate (when boys and men are quite clearly distinguishable...) - then you have this net net result - indifferent performances.

As others have also said (inc. me) I would also give El Zhar, Nemeth or Jordy a whirl - why the hell not!?

Kuyt and Voro (and a couple of others) probably would get more help from a sports psychologist than any manager/coach or games right now... and I mean that in a constructive way, a very constructive way.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #16: Jan 14, 2008 11:08:16 am
      Why is this thread dated 15th September  ???
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #17: Jan 14, 2008 11:11:30 am
      i know yeah thats a bit strange aint it. i wish it was 15 september so we could change some results
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: Liverpool v Luton (FA Cup Replay) Tue 15 Jan
      Reply #18: Jan 14, 2008 11:13:13 am
      Why is this thread dated 15th September  ???

Date changed to correct date.
      Well spotted.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #19: Jan 14, 2008 01:42:30 pm
      Yeah why not, he needs a few in the net to get his confidence up, he is a very well mannered lad apparently (very spiritual) and so I've heard, very sensitive ...and he is only 19 - when combined in the current climate (when boys and men are quite clearly distinguishable...) - then you have this net net result - indifferent performances.

As others have also said (inc. me) I would also give El Zhar, Nemeth or Jordy a whirl - why the hell not!?

Kuyt and Voro (and a couple of others) probably would get more help from a sports psychologist than any manager/coach or games right now... and I mean that in a constructive way, a very constructive way.

Babel is infact 21 now not 19.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Jan 14, 2008 02:04:15 pm
      We need a proper result in this match, a real goal fest! ;) Let the rest of the league know we're back on top of things and we're kicking arse! 8) There's nothing like a goal fest to see the confidence levels rise!

I'm happy Benitez is playing a full strength side! Do fancy seeing Nemeth let loose in the first team soon though, he's one to watch for sure! :) Think Torres should be rested, not only to keep him fresh for Villa but it might actually coax someone else into scoring! :D
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #21: Jan 14, 2008 02:13:16 pm
      Wow, he grew 2 years older in the space of a few hours ;)
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #22: Jan 14, 2008 02:16:13 pm
      Babel must be mates with Dr who and his Tardis.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #23: Jan 14, 2008 02:32:17 pm
      Torres and Crouch up front. Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #24: Jan 14, 2008 02:36:20 pm
      Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.
      Despite the fact he scored our goal at Luton??
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #25: Jan 14, 2008 02:36:51 pm
      Torres and Crouch up front. Luton have never played against a guy like Crouchie, wreck havoc against their defence.

Crouch scored the goal to give us the lead against them last week mate. But I agree with you having Torres and Crouch up front tomorrow. In fact I'd prefer that strike force for most of the remainder of the season!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Jan 14, 2008 02:39:47 pm
      In terms of their League. Probably why he didnt play on the weekend maybe, although i doubt he would save someone from the Prem to play in the FA.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Jan 14, 2008 02:47:04 pm
      In terms of their League. Probably why he didnt play on the weekend maybe, although I doubt he would save someone from the Prem to play in the FA.

True, but I think it's fair to say Crouch has been nothing other than a cup player for us this season. It's interesting seeing as Rafa came out and said yesterday, that he plans to field his strongest side tomorrow? Would this mean Crouch will be on the bench?...
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #28: Jan 14, 2008 02:48:14 pm
      True, but I think it's fair to say Crouch has been nothing other than a cup player for us this season. It's interesting seeing as Rafa came out and said yesterday, that he plans to field his strongest side tomorrow? Would this mean Crouch will be on the bench?...
      Knowing Rafa, he is probably going to be having Voronin on the bench with Kuyt up-front *sigh*
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #29: Jan 14, 2008 02:55:33 pm
      Our best side including recent injuries IMO is :

Reina

Finnan    Carragher    Hyypia    Riise

Pennant  Gerrard  Mascherano Kewell

Torres   Crouch

No Babel up front because he simply hasnt played there enough to judge. Benayoun can easily go in for JP there or Agger can slip in for Hyypia. Might catch our first glimpse of Skrtel too.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Jan 14, 2008 03:04:06 pm
      No Babel up front because he simply hasnt played there enough to judge. Benayoun can easily go in for JP there or Agger can slip in for Hyypia. Might catch our first glimpse of Skrtel too.

Unfortunately Agger has had a setback with his gammy foot, so we wont be seeing him tomorrow. Also Aurelio is fit again I think so he could possibly be in at left back. Whether that would put Riise ahead of Kewell ahead of him? Or possibly Babel?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Jan 14, 2008 03:10:21 pm
      Then Aurellio over Riise and stay as is, Riise doesnt deserve to be named when talking about strongest team atm.
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #32: Jan 14, 2008 03:10:36 pm
      i think riise is having a bad patch at the moment and he is due a goal. Get on him tomorrow night 1st scorer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2008 09:08:49 pm
      Bump.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2008 09:36:20 pm
      I want to see Skrtel make an appearence, but we should not underestimate them, they will up the antee for the trip to Anfield, as will Havant & Waterlooville should we meet them, it is not as simple as some may make it out to be.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2008 09:38:09 pm
      I want to see Skrtel make an appearence, but we should not underestimate them, they will up the antee for the trip to Anfield, as will Havant & Waterlooville should we meet them, it is not as simple as some may make it out to be.

This kind of talk annoys me.

Liverpool FC should be wiping the floor with the likes of Luton and Havant and Waterlooville.  United, Chelsea and Arsenal all would.  We have around £100 million worth of talent on the pitch at times.  These players are getting paid vast sums of money - money that could be going on new stadiums etc - so they better had win and they had better make it look F***ing convincing.

The 'magic of the FA Cup' stopped in the last game.  That was the moment.  No more repeats.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2008 10:15:47 pm
      This kind of talk annoys me.

Liverpool FC should be wiping the floor with the likes of Luton and Havant and Waterlooville.  United, Chelsea and Arsenal all would.  We have around £100 million worth of talent on the pitch at times.  These players are getting paid vast sums of money - money that could be going on new stadiums etc - so they better had win and they had better make it look F***ing convincing.

The 'magic of the FA Cup' stopped in the last game.  That was the moment.  No more repeats.

A caning is what we all need from tomorrows match! A thumping victory, get a bit of our credibility that f*cking Hicks has got shut of back!
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2008 10:22:27 pm
      My starting 11 v Luton:

Reina

Arbeloa - Carragher - Sami - Aurelio

Yossi - Gerrard - Mascherano - Babel

Torres - Crouch

Subs: Intandje, Finnan, Kewell, Xabi, Kuyt, Skrtel / Hobbs.

With a team in crisis coming to Anfield this should be nothing more than a formality, I mean a convincing formality. 4-0 is acceptable if not more.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      edu_rbb
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 499 posts | 14 
      • En Sevilla
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2008 10:35:54 pm
      great team,WE MUST WIN!!!
      batman0077
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2008 10:43:47 pm
      Knowing Rafa, he is probably going to be having Voronin on the bench with Kuyt up-front *sigh*
      I know what you mean. Peter needs to get more playing time. I don't think Rafa understands how vital he is. He's no better than Kuyt or Voronin from what I've seen.

Of course we'll win it!! Why wouldn't we?? Those redmen have a job to do, and that is to squash this team like a bug. We will win this game and go one to win many more these next few weeks!

Go get 'em you Reds!! YNWA :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 15, 2008 02:09:30 am
      I have hardly watched Liverpool on Sky, if at all this season :o So I can't really comment on how they are playing!! No I lie, I must have watched one or two at the start or at Christmas as my boyf has sky+.

This is a must win game (obviously). I can see Luton maybe scoring but I can't see them winning, especially at Anfield. Hopefully though they don't get too embarrassed and put up a fight as I feel really bad for them in the situation they're in at the mo :(

It's on Sky isn't it?
      urmo
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -2 
      Reply #41: Jan 15, 2008 09:58:13 am
      Yes its on sky sports 2. I can see a thrashing tonight with all the talk about benitez. the players will do the job for him tonight. Come on red men!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #42: Jan 15, 2008 03:09:07 pm
      Bump!

Come on you mighty reds!!!

I can't wait to release some of this anger through my vocal chords tonight!!!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #43: Jan 15, 2008 03:10:20 pm
      Can't wait for the game now. I've went for 4-1 and hoping for a good attacking performance.

You going to the game RK?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #44: Jan 15, 2008 03:15:44 pm
      Yeah, in The Kop tonight mate.

Really looking forward to this game myself. Just want to put all the yank sh*t to the back of my mind and concentrate on what should be concentrated on, football! Hoping for a real good sharp attacking performance myself. Need to get stuck into them tonight and wallop them!! I've gone for 7-0. Optimistic?  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #45: Jan 15, 2008 03:18:46 pm
      As for the squad i would play if i was manager:

Itandje

Arbeloa    Hobbs   Hyypia   Insua

El Zhar     Lucas    Alonso   Leto

Crouch    Kuyt

Because honestly, we are LFC and should wipe the floor with teams like Luton. Also because we should pit our youngsters against teams in the FA cup to see how they go.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #46: Jan 15, 2008 03:25:33 pm
      As for the squad I would play if I was manager:

Itandje

Arbeloa    Hobbs   Hyypia   Insua

El Zhar     Lucas    Alonso   Leto

Crouch    Kuyt

Because honestly, we are LFC and should wipe the floor with teams like Luton. Also because we should pit our youngsters against teams in the FA cup to see how they go.

I think we would go out playing with this sqaud. We definately should be able to beat them with that squad but not on current confidence. I think we need a big win tonight and rafa will most likely put out quite a few first teamers. I would like to see that sqaud but at the moment i think we need more of a strong side with more certainty to it to get a win and regain confidence.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #47: Jan 15, 2008 03:28:31 pm
      No doubt he will play practically a first team and the media will slate him as fielding a side from a desperate man.  I think the reserves and players with a point to prove would fight hard for the win and thats what we need right now. THats the logic behind my team, not a Rafa-esque logic but hey, whatever.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #48: Jan 15, 2008 03:30:08 pm
      True i see your way of thinking. Rafa can't win at the moment, he will get as u said above if he fields a strong side and if he doesnt it will be seen as an insane risk and he will be slated again.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #49: Jan 15, 2008 03:32:00 pm
      I see your point crouchinho but we played a more experienced team than that in the last game and couldn't beat Luton.

Imagine the media reaction if Rafa played your team and we lost!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #50: Jan 15, 2008 03:36:54 pm
      No worse than he is getting now mate. No backing from the board, no respect from the media, why not? Lets think about it a second, this is Luton v Liverpool. There is only one winner. Besides, i would love to see Insua, El Zhar and co get a run out and show us what they can do.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #51: Jan 15, 2008 03:42:06 pm
      I also like to see some of the young players get a game but right now I feel the best option is to put out a strong side and get a big win to boost the confidence of the players.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #52: Jan 15, 2008 03:45:06 pm
      We do need our strongest side, possibly Itandje in goal because he is consistent. Normal back four, best midfield in the world (-Sissoko) and Torres and Crouch, NO RAFA NOT VORONIN, up front.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #53: Jan 15, 2008 03:48:45 pm
      Im willing for youngsters to play but Voro? Uh-uh. No chance. The lad has no idea, i'm sure Luton wouldnt even want him.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #54: Jan 15, 2008 03:54:09 pm
      I'm sure Luton wouldnt even want him.
      Luton might.... I hear they are lacking in players at the moment ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #55: Jan 15, 2008 04:01:30 pm
      Luton might.... I hear they are lacking in players at the moment ;)

Come on mate, no one is THAT desperate ;)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #56: Jan 15, 2008 04:12:50 pm
      Just thought i'd say guys Pennant turned 25 today. Didn't know if any saw it in the birthday thread moved from the kop. Anyone think he'll get a start tonight
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #57: Jan 15, 2008 04:16:07 pm
      Just in case you didn't know, the following are postponed because of the great british weather:

Sheffield Wednesday v. Derby County
      Barnet v. Swindon

My Sky is on the clink because it has been raining and winding all day, and so we have to fix the satellite dish, I can't see the damn game.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #58: Jan 15, 2008 04:53:06 pm
      Bristol vs fulham now added to those two games
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #59: Jan 15, 2008 06:51:56 pm
      Come on Liverpool FC is the message

Quit the negativity LOOK forward never back

Rafa will come up trumps and im 100% positive that we will wipe the floor with the Hattters (no disrespect)

Bring on Swansea or Havant Waterlooville

BOOK YOUR TICKETS WEMBLEY HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS GREAT TO BE ALIVE ITS GREAT TO BE A RED AND ITS GREAT TO SUPPORT THE BEST TEAM IN THE WORLD

COME ON LIVERPOOL

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,655 posts | 6949 
      Reply #60: Jan 15, 2008 06:57:58 pm
      Just thought I'd say guys Pennant turned 25 today. Didn't know if any saw it in the birthday thread moved from the kop. Anyone think he'll get a start tonight

Didn't know that.  Did know his he has distanced himself from his Dad who is an injecting heroin user and was filmed injecting himself and a prostitute in a flat in Nottingham the other week (according to the papers yesterday).

Happy birthday Jermaine.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #61: Jan 15, 2008 06:59:39 pm
      Did know his he has distanced himself from his Dad who is an injecting heroin user and was filmed injecting himself and a prostitute in a flat in Nottingham the other week (according to the papers yesterday).
      According to the Paper, we kiss their arse. According to the paper Steve McLaren is a ginger, fat balding...... oh wait.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #62: Jan 15, 2008 07:09:42 pm
      TEAM NEWS:
      Liverpool - Itandje, Hyypia, Riise, Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Crouch, Pennant, Arbeloa, Babel, Carragher. Subs - Martin, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt, Lucas.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #63: Jan 15, 2008 07:15:16 pm
      From that it looks like a :

Itandje

Arbeloa   Carragher (C) Hyypia   Riise

Pennant   Gerrard    Alonso   Babel

Torres    Crouch

No doubt a birthday present from Rafa to Jermaine. Come on boys!!

Quick Reply