Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........

Read 7008 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........
      Reply #46: Feb 07, 2008 05:20:59 pm
      4.You tape over a christening video with the UEFA cup final against Alaves because you won’t be home to watch it. (Because I was in Dortmund watching it!) My Mrs doesn’t understand that just being there isn’t enough you need to watch it again.

5.Seeing your son born then jumping in a transit van to go to Wembley for a cup   final with Arsenal.(What! I was there for the birth she just had to wait a couple of days for her grapes!)

6.In the early days of marriage being on the bones of your arse money wise, bills up the wall, getting hounded by the mortgage but always making sure I had a season ticket each year! (Any single lads make sure your wife’s a good red as mine has always understood my passion for Liverpool)

quality ha ha ye still married mate!! Great stories
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #47: Feb 07, 2008 05:31:45 pm
      quality ha ha ye still married mate!! Great stories

Yes mate 23 years on Saturday, we did go to one league game just after we had started courting but i dont think she liked how this quiet caring lad became a screaming singing idiot for 90mins so we just went to testimonials or charity games after that, oh i did take her to a reserve game on her birthday once! well if its good enough for Shanks ;)

Once bought tickets outside Spurs only to find they where in their end so went in anyway ;D anyone else been in the wrong end at a game?  :o
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Feb 07, 2008 05:37:36 pm

Once bought tickets outside Spurs only to find they where in their end so went in anyway ;D anyone else been in the wrong end at a game?  :o

I was in the Everton end at the 1986 FA Cup Final, but I suppose it didn't really matter because it was all mixed Red and Blue everywhere anyway  ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #49: Feb 07, 2008 06:02:00 pm
      was in the gladwys for the 3-1 win December 05. That was an experience of hatered! My girlfriends a blue when she asked if I wanted to go to the derby couldnt say no didnt know till that evening where I'd be sitting. Great win tho  :D
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #50: Feb 07, 2008 09:00:18 pm

Exact same thing happened to me and my brother at White Hart Lane a few years back - my brother bought the tickets on the web and hey presto we are sat in the middle of the worst of the Yids.

We had drunk a couple of pints before the game and I told my bro "don't shout out for Liverpool if you value your life in here" ....two minutes into the game, I hear my brother shriek "Youuuuuuuuuuu Reds" at a corner that had just been won... all hell broke lose.

Coppers waded in and we made out we were lost Spanish tourists... I think (know) they felt sorry for us... and guess what (true story), we got move to the very front row of the stands where there were a couple of free seats right next to the special needs section - result!

Smiling so much as I typed this one up, fond memories or near death experience - not sure!

RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #51: Feb 07, 2008 09:11:06 pm
      Agreed! Excellent post Glenbuck! :lmao:

It's a cracking topic this! ;)

I passed my AS Level Psychology in a very... intoxicated manner! It was in the morning of..... 26th May 2005! :o I'll let everyone do the Math! ;)

One lad even got back from Istanbul in the morning on one of the only flights to leave Turkey on schedule. Needless to say though, he was a bit distracted in his exam and failed! :D

To this day, all you get from him is'Worth it!' 8)

Quality!  ;) :aaliverpool2xt1:
      :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ:

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #52: Feb 07, 2008 09:17:24 pm
      You never get fed up talking/listening about CL 2005.

You always have a big grin on your face when reading about it - anywhere !! - CL 2005

When watching the DVD the hairs still stand up on your neck when that final whistle goes !! - CL 2005

No matter how badly we play, you won't hear a bad word said about the Reds.

You always wear something red on Match Day, no matter how insignificant

The first thing you do when you get a new car is get your LFC paraphinalea (is that how you spell it ?)  stuck in the window !

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Feb 07, 2008 11:28:13 pm
      Yeah but not on accident hehe. Birmingham last season, was in the home end. Rubbish as they won >:(
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #54: Feb 07, 2008 11:29:25 pm
      Exact same thing happened to me and my brother at White Hart Lane a few years back - my brother bought the tickets on the web and hey presto we are sat in the middle of the worst of the Yids.

We had drunk a couple of pints before the game and I told my bro "don't shout out for Liverpool if you value your life in here" ....two minutes into the game, I hear my brother shriek "Youuuuuuuuuuu Reds" at a corner that had just been won... all hell broke lose.

Coppers waded in and we made out we were lost Spanish tourists... I think (know) they felt sorry for us... and guess what (true story), we got move to the very front row of the stands where there were a couple of free seats right next to the special needs section - result!

Smiling so much as I typed this one up, fond memories or near death experience - not sure!

Hahaha that's brilliant!! A Cardiff fan would never get that sorta treatment I tell you!!

Agree with you MsG on the CL things.. love reading or even just thinking about it :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #55: Feb 08, 2008 08:57:31 am
      Brillian post Glenbuck, still laughing mate...cheers  :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #56: Feb 08, 2008 11:24:00 pm
      Been in the spurs end in the 70s and in the saints end at the dell, same era. Bollocks to em. Never take my reds scarf off at a match for anyone. Never got any trouble though. Don't know why.
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #57: Feb 09, 2008 06:06:10 pm
      haha great post! im sure you'll all know this one...

you know your a liverpool fan when you've spent 120quid on new clothes, spent an hour getting ready to go out, spent 25quid on taxis, spent 20quid entry fee to a club and head straight to the smoking area to spend the night arguing with your non-liverpool mates! i missed the new year's countdown just like that!
      justice96
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #58: Feb 09, 2008 10:49:00 pm
      you can't decide to have 5 European Cups tatooed under your liverbird tattoo, or should you wait until we get the 6th one to make is symetrical
      streety893
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -3 
      • Theres always hope in our hearts
      Reply #59: Feb 13, 2008 11:41:44 am
      great post and my dog jerzy dudek would agree too
      MsGerrard
      Reply #60: Feb 13, 2008 12:20:12 pm
      When I go to the gym I always put my stuff in locker number 8.......I wonder why ;)  and if that one's in use I'll go to locker 23, or locker 9  ;) :lmao:

Quick Reply