Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........

Read 6993 times
      MsGerrard
      You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........
      Feb 05, 2008 12:29:13 am
      1. You wouldn't ever have a 'blue' car.

2. You arrange your holidays to coincide with where Liverpool are playing in their pre-season tour.

3. You call your pets names like Paisley, Shankly, Kenny.

4. You call your kids after your hero(s)

5. You pick up the newspaper, and turn to the back page first.

6. You have a 'hot' date on a Wednesday night, but Liverpool are playing, so you turn it down.

7. You get up early on a Sunday morning to catch last night's MOTD to see all of  the 3 minutes they devote to Liverpool thrashing Chelsea  4-0.

8. You support the most successful team in English Football; 18 times League Champions, 5 times European Cup Winners, 7 times F.A. Cup winners, 7 times League Cup Winners, 3 times U.E.F.A Cup Winners.

9. You log on to LFC reds.com every day to catch up on all the news on the Reds.

10. You know all the words to 'Poor Scouser Tommy'

11. You will defend your team to anyone who tries to put us down.

12. We will never forget the 96 that died at Hillsborough 15th April 1989.

Just a few reasons why I love Liverpool Football Club. Born and Bred a Scouse, your either a Red or a Blue, it's drilled into you from the day you were born, I am so glad that I'm a Red through and through. My Grandad would be so proud of me, following Liverpool, he told me so much about the Reds when I was a young girl, sadly he didn't get to see our glory years.

In times of need, we all pull together, the Liverpool spirit, the Liverpool way.
      It doesn't matter where you live, who you are, if you follow Liverpool you will never walk alone.
      We are all so lucky to support this great team........now let's make it great again.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1:

Mods please feel free to move this, if you feel it's in the wrong place, and I apologise for waffling on.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: You Know Your A Liverpool Fan When........
      Reply #1: Feb 05, 2008 12:50:55 am
      Excellent Shout Missy!

Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #2: Feb 05, 2008 12:51:26 am
      It's not in the wrong place. The Liverpool spirit is unique, in a good way!
      I feel that our relationships with blue fans off the field is quite a good one, unlike Arsenal Spurs
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Feb 05, 2008 12:57:09 am
      Good post MsG!

Number one is so real it's unbelievable. There is no way at all in the world I could ever have a blue car!! No matter what car it was. I've had three cars. Two of them red and the other was black with red trim.  :D

Not sure if I could ever call a pet Kenny though. That would be confusing for both me and the pet.

Your grandad would be proud. No doubt about it.

Another one I'd like to add. People who don't live in Liverpool might not know this. There is a number 17 bus that goes past Anfield heading in and out of town. And there is a number 19 bus that goes past goodison heading in and out of town.
      Where I live, it takes the same amount of minutes walk to either the 17 or 19 bus stop. I'll ALWAYS go to the 17 bus stop if I'm heading into town and not driving.
      Funny thing is, not so long ago, one certain number 17 bus got decorated officailly with the colour red and images of Crazy Horse lifting the European Cup on the side of it and the Shankly statue as big as they could print it on the back of the bus. Brilliant. I can't help smiling if I ever see it.
      They've recently done the same thing for the bitters on a number 19 bus. Makes me laugh when I've seen it and there isn't any big cups printed on it. Basically it's a load of crap to look at.

If that was the last bus on earth and I was soaked to the bone in the freezing cold, with a broken leg, I'd rather walk home.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Feb 05, 2008 01:03:04 am
      Good post MsG!

Number one is so real it's unbelievable. There is no way at all in the world I could ever have a blue car!! No matter what car it was. I've had three cars. Two of them red and the other was black with red trim.  :D

Not sure if I could ever call a pet Kenny though. That would be confusing for both me and the pet.

Another one I'd like to add. People who don't live in Liverpool might not know this. There is a number 17 bus that goes past Anfield heading in and out of town. And there is a number 19 bus that goes past goodison heading in and out of town.
      Where I live, it takes the same amount of minutes walk to either the 17 or 19 bus stop. I'll ALWAYS go to the 17 bus stop if I'm heading into town and not driving.
      Funny thing is, not so long ago, one certain number 17 bus got decorated officailly with the colour red and images of Crazy Horse lifting the European Cup on the side of it and the Shankly statue as big as they could print it on the back of the bus. Brilliant. I can't help smiling if I ever see it.
      They've recently done the same thing for the bitters on a number 19 bus. Makes me laugh when I've seen it and there isn't any big cups printed on it. Basically it's a load of crap to look at.

If that was the last bus on earth and I was soaked to the bone in the freezing cold, with a broken leg, I'd rather walk home.

You made me laugh so much Kenny with that last line..... :lmao: I've heard about these buses but never seen them, well I wouldn't want to see the blue bus, only the red one :D

My Auntie had a cat called Keegan, and we had a rabbit called Kenny ;)
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Feb 05, 2008 01:09:15 am
      Good post Cas!

Kenny they were my exact thoughts when I was in town the other week.  I seen the number 19 decorated to the bone in blue.  I felt sorry for any LFC fan that was on the bus!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Feb 05, 2008 01:11:44 am
      I'm sure mrtommo mentioned he's got a dog called Paisley?

I bet that rabbit you had was the most intelligent and gifted rabbit there ever was. Good job it wasn't named after me eh!  :D

Good post Cas!

Kenny they were my exact thoughts when I was in town the other week.  I seen the number 19 decorated to the bone in blue.  I felt sorry for any LFC fan that was on the bus!

Shame on them if they got on that bus mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7: Feb 05, 2008 02:33:17 am
      Ohh ill add another one my personal experience.

You know you are a Liverpool fan when;

Your ex-girlfriend calls you from London and you are in Sydney its 5 a.m. and you are so deep in to watching the Semifinal against Chelski to tell you she just had all her personal items stolen and you say yes thats good and hang up because the penalty shoot out is about to start. Then you get a txt msg an hour later saying that your an asshole and that its all over. Well all good, I have no regrets at all if i could i would do it all again. LFC over women any day.
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #8: Feb 05, 2008 02:47:16 am

Ummm, gee, all I can say is maybe you need a Liverpool gal...(she wouldnt have called during the game..!!!)

a few and far between here in Oz, but a great Gal in a Liverpool shirt just has that certain something......
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9: Feb 05, 2008 02:56:13 am
      Going there in July actually after the Euro never been to Liverpool before, nor to Anfield so im thrilled allready that i will get a chance to see it in 5 months. I will also be on the hunt for a Liverpool lassie never know might find one.  :lmao:
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #10: Feb 05, 2008 03:01:54 am
      my fiancee being from the borough didn't really care too much for football but in the last year or so she's been watching the matches with me and putting on the red jersey. she gets into it and yells as well now so I'm pretty lucky i don't have to worry about her when a games on now. shes amazing really, i knew i'd convert her over hehe.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Feb 05, 2008 08:37:59 am
      Great post msG, and yes my cat is called Rafa and I would never ever have a blue car both mine and my daughters are red with liverpool crests in the back window. In fact all of those I pretty much do except for MOTD as I watch it if its on but dont go out of my way to watch, I Record the whole game off of the LFC.TV channel now :-).
      Hysén007
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #12: Feb 05, 2008 10:14:02 am
      Exellent post mate!

But I heard about one player (or the coach) in Havant & Water that had 11!!! names, his father gave him all the names from the starting line up in QPR in ´73 I think, that gives me an idea for my next kid...... (different team of course...) 

YNWA

donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #13: Feb 05, 2008 12:38:03 pm
      Great post.

Listen I have a solution to your hot date scenario on Wednesday's.

My place or yours?

... I'll bring the beer ...ok...and the flowers too!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #14: Feb 05, 2008 01:27:10 pm
      So true i arranged my wedding to be when Liverpool were playing away and my kids christenings have been planned around dates of the Liverpool games.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Feb 05, 2008 01:28:53 pm
      Good Post MsG

You know Your a Liverpool fan when you feel sick with nerves days before a big game
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #16: Feb 05, 2008 03:19:50 pm
      Excelent MsG! I love it!

I can say when some my students call me Liverpool or Liverpool are the champions, it makes me feel fine. It's the best nickname I have ever got!
      I love when some of them tell me they will support Liverpool!

About newspapers it's true. I buy them only for read something about Liverpool even if it's a little article!
      I know I am a Liverpoo fan when I buy new cloths red colour magically draw my attention, even I have already got many things of the colour... I simply can't resist to that red feeling!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Feb 05, 2008 03:56:23 pm
      I drive past the stadium every day to and from work, I could go a different more straightforward route but I love the feeling I get passing the ground every day - twice a day !!!    ;D
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #18: Feb 05, 2008 05:44:49 pm
      I have remembered another case when I know I am a Liverpool fan. Once when I entered a class room, Champions League anthem started to sound. So I was met by that anthem it was funny and made me laugh! Another day one my group made a remake of Belarus anthem singing instead of "Belarusian people" "Liverpudlians"!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #19: Feb 05, 2008 06:59:12 pm
      Cracking post MsGerrard! :)

1. You wouldn't ever have a 'blue' car.

I changed driving instructor because his car was blue! ;)

2. You arrange your holidays to coincide with where Liverpool are playing in their pre-season tour.

I re-arranged a surgery because we got to the UEFA Cup final! 8)

6. You have a 'hot' date on a Wednesday night, but Liverpool are playing, so you turn it down.

I'm pro-active! 8) I make them watch it! (Done that 3 times now! ;))

Just a few reasons why I love Liverpool Football Club. Born and Bred a Scouse, your either a Red or a Blue, it's drilled into you from the day you were born, I am so glad that I'm a Red through and through. My Grandad would be so proud of me, following Liverpool, he told me so much about the Reds when I was a young girl, sadly he didn't get to see our glory years.

Your Grandad would be so proud hun, and made up that you got to experience our glory years on his reccomendation! :) My Grandad seen a lot of our glory years! He was so much of a Red that he turned down trials from Everton (telling them, in true family fashion I might add, to 'shove them up their arse' :)) and held a season ticket in the Kemlyn Road for 30 years! Sadly he died a few years before we won the Champions League in 2005, but I know exactly what him and my Dad felt back in the 70's and the 80's! Fingers crossed my kids will be jealous of me, living through a few more of our glory years! :)

YNWA!  :)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #20: Feb 05, 2008 07:14:48 pm
      1) You tell your non Liverpool supporting mates that Liverpool come before Ireland every time

2) you come close to moving to Liverpool (also the city itself was a factor)

3) you face a bollicking in work for being on the internet every day to see whats happening in the club

4) you shed a tear of joy (istanbul 05) and one of sorrow reading stories of hillsborough

5) 90% of books you own are about Liverpool and about 50% of your dvd collection is Liverpool

6) You fight the clubs corner even tho you know the people you are defending it to havent got a quater of the passion for there club you have for Liverpool

There is loads more you could use really isnt there. Theres a saying here in Dublin "proud to be Irish but blessed to be a dub" well I can add to that honoured to be a Liverpool fan.

What a club great topic

Y.N.W.A
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #21: Feb 05, 2008 07:25:26 pm
      Good post MsG!

Ive seen them buses, funny how the 19 is always empty.

You also no that your a red when you don't watch Match Of The Day, just because Liverpool got beat. All my mates are the same.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #22: Feb 05, 2008 08:21:45 pm
      You know you are a Liverpool fan when:

1) There is always something about your dress code that reminds everyone around you that you support the LFC; even if it is the small pin-up badge (Crest)

2) Every match for you is a sign of better performances to come.

3) You know that every Liverpool player is a quality player regardless of the bad spells/runs they might be having.
      « Last Edit: Feb 05, 2008 08:24:05 pm by solodee »

Quick Reply