Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Man Utd V Liverpool - Match Thread

Read 21287 times
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Re: Man Utd V Liverpool - Match Thread
      Reply #391: Mar 24, 2008 03:31:09 pm
      KUYT didnt play as badly as most people are suggesting but i still dont understand why he is given that role anyway. RIISE in for TORRES- what was that all about? I was embarassed...
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #392: Mar 24, 2008 03:39:35 pm
      At the end of the day, Man Utd have the better players and Mascherano sent off or not we still would of lost!
      He was being a total idiot all game, he was constantly swearing at the official during the game.. you could see it, and going up to protest to the red when he's not even captain, already on a yellow card aswell.. he's crazy!
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #393: Mar 24, 2008 03:51:38 pm
      Well thats me in a bad mood for a week i hope we play better than that next sunday.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #394: Mar 24, 2008 03:59:24 pm
      http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/sports/mascherano+set+to+face+fas+wrath/1854347

The Football Association has warned that Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano could face a lengthy ban after being sent off against Manchester United for dissent.
      ________________________ ___________

Things look set for worse folks.

I had my suspicions about this after the game yesterday. If the FA have any sense though, they will look into why he got so angry after his red card, when clearly he thought he was sent off for asking a question.

But! Do the FA have any sense?  :f_tongueincheek: Remember Aliadiere getting an extra game ban?...
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #395: Mar 24, 2008 04:39:05 pm
      I had my suspicions about this after the game yesterday. If the FA have any sense though, they will look into why he got so angry after his red card, when clearly he thought he was sent off for asking a question.

But! Do the FA have any sense?  :f_tongueincheek: Remember Aliadiere getting an extra game ban?...

True Redkenny. Every comment that I have read since the match, save for Andy Gray's, have all come down hard on Mascherano; nobody is saying anything about the several rough tackling unleashed on Torres or the Referee's inconsistencies.

I think they're gonna try to make a scapegoat of Mascherano for refusing to leave immediately. This irks me to the bone.!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #396: Mar 24, 2008 05:05:44 pm
      Iwasn't going to post on this topic as I'm still angry about yesterday. Yeah I can understand one or two having bad games, but in light of recent performances for the whole spine of the team to play as poor as they did, and where on God's earth did Masch's attitude come from, I just hope that nothing is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of.Having said that, now is not the time for recriminations against individuals, remember YNWA.

IRWT

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #397: Mar 24, 2008 05:19:53 pm
      Iwasn't going to post on this topic as I'm still angry about yesterday. Yeah I can understand one or two having bad games, but in light of recent performances for the whole spine of the team to play as poor as they did, and where on God's earth did Masch's attitude come from, I just hope that nothing is going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of.Having said that, now is not the time for recriminations against individuals, remember YNWA.

IRWT

I think sometimes whats happening is, Masch is probably trying to live up to his reputation.  And us labelling him Monster isnt doing him any favours !!  I know this sounds silly, but put yourself in his place.  Playing in front of thousands of adoring fans your not gonna let yourself down and look a Nancy now are you ??   ;)

Apologies to anyone called Nancy  ;)
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #398: Mar 24, 2008 05:29:29 pm
      look we lost that match and it probably was going to happen with masch on the pitch, but thats not to say it was definately going to happen. why bennett booked him is beyond me, he didnt curse wasnt aggressive and he gets sent off for asking a question, its a disgrace. i'd love to see bennett stick to this for the rest of his games because he'll be giving out yellow cards left right and centre if he does. IMO if bennett wants to stand by his decision then this incident should surely stand as precedent now meaning that any player who asks "whats happening" gets a yellow. i dont want that happening in the sport but why should it be one rule for us and another for teams like utd and chelsea? furthermore, why was torres booked to begin with? didnt look like he said much, the chaps just learning english so i'd hardly say he came out with a tirade of abuse.

anyway this is a match we lost against bitter rivals, to make it worse we lost 3-0. this is not good for the momentum of the team but we have to just forget it because the everton game is even more important now than it was before. personally i think this topic should be locked now, whats done is done and we're all only going to get angry when we see this. we shouldn't dwell on this loss and look ahead to a win on sunday. IRWT
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #399: Mar 24, 2008 05:55:50 pm
      Look, we've played Man Utd in the league 8 times since Rafa has been incharge. Drew 1, lost 7
      We are not good enough - Enough said!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #400: Mar 24, 2008 06:02:04 pm
      Look, we've played Man Utd in the league 8 times since Rafa has been incharge. Drew 1, lost 7
      We are not good enough - Enough said!

Not enough said really IMO. I know we're not manager, Rafa is, but I think the point is we're trying to analyse why we're adrift of them and how we can fix it. I know we're not going to change anything but it helps deal with the loss!
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #401: Mar 24, 2008 07:00:22 pm
      Ayrton are you in Spain mate?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #402: Mar 24, 2008 08:31:39 pm
      Good shout ShanerB, Amen to that.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #403: Mar 24, 2008 08:44:56 pm
      Aye it's going to be interesting to see whether the FA decide to take a hard line on it and encourage all ref's to book players coming up to them. Can't wait to see if Chelsea find themselves disqualified because they don't have enough players on the pitch.

It's bullshit, and yes Masch shouldn't have gone over in the first place but all he did was ask what was going on, as Torres had got kicked all over the shop and then when he'd questioned it got booked! I would have done the exact same. I can imagine all Masch wanted to know was why Torres was getting booked for such a trivial thing. It wasn't as if he charged across into the ref's face and started ranting off, he put his hands up questioningly and a second later the tw*t of a ref pulls out the card. No warning to go away, nothing.

I actually agree it should be clamped down on, but to do so WITHOUT WARNING in such a season defining game is beyond stupid. I mean fair enough if they introduce something about a captain being the only one allowed to speak to the ref, and all others get booked (like in Rugby. A system which works very well in mine eyes), but to send someone off for merely speaking civil like to the ref, no cursing or aggression, is ludicrous and cost us the game. Alright the negative ones will say we would have lost anyway, but that's just stupid, we weren't outplayed by any means and were very much still in it. It's hard to beat United anywhere, let alone away, but we had a chance to scrape three points or even a draw from that game, but not when Bennet did what he did.

There's parralels between the Chelsea game here; we should have won that one, but for an unbelievable decision from the referee, just as we could have got at least a point yesterday, but for the inconsistency of a ref. The difference is the Chelsea game was a one off mistake and was given because the ref didn't see what happened. Bennet gave a red card for something that is not against the rules and it wasn't like he was unsure what happened like Styles in the Chelsea game. He went to make an example of Mascherano, and I can't help feeling that if Ashley Cole and the rest of the Chelsea tw*ts hadn't been such dickheads in the game in midweek, Masch wouldn't have got sent off.

But then to compound the idiocracy with a further ban? COMPLETE AND UTTER BULLSHIT. I can't believe the FA would do such a thing. Want to make an example of someone to say haraunging a ref is wrong? Go back to the Chelsea game and give all those players who surronded the ref and pretty much physically pushed him around 3 match bans. But don't don't don't give someone a further ban for simply asking what was going on in a civil manner and without any aggression or disrespect.

Anyway, rant over.

Bring on Everton, let's take our aggression out on them and stick four past em.

YNWA.
      FIVESTAR
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts | -11 
      Reply #404: Mar 24, 2008 09:16:25 pm
      man u are a quality team to beat them with all your players is a big ask , lets not mess about if any off you has played football at grass roots and done what mash done you would be of, the same applys to all fa games ,he says he was only askig but you could clearly see him shouting at the ref time and time againc,can you remember when we all would slate Keane whats the difference?.we need to hope he learns, something Keane didn't do and come back a even better player with more mental control IMO that's were we lost the game, man u played there game and we let the occasion get to us
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #405: Mar 24, 2008 10:19:36 pm
      That red card was very harsh, but Mascherano's attitude was poor and unprofessional but on the other hand I am filthy that the FA is making an example of Masch. That monkey face Rooney as Smigger said has been doing it for years.
      maxextz
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts | -13 
      • Id like To dip my cookies in your tears.
      Reply #406: Mar 25, 2008 01:17:03 am
          these results come up now and again like" at home marseille and reading" and a few others,but marseille away was a fantastic result i am as gutted about what happend sunday as the rest of you [we always let ourselves down against those ba*tards] :f_steam: but lets get over it and look forward to beating blu*sh*te next sunday ;D. as they say what comes around goes around 2006 we knocked the mancs out of the fa cup maybe we will meet them on a bigger stage and revenge will be really sweet ::) ynwa.
      Saffi 7
      • Forum David Johnson

• 225 posts | 17 
      • "...that's why they paid 26 million for him..."
      Reply #407: Mar 25, 2008 05:40:27 am
      I waited until today to post because I was hoping for an unclouded, less emotion-filled perspective on the happenings of Sunday afternoon at old toilet. We struggled to get a grip on the game before we conceded and for Masch to play his natural game with a yellow card hanging over him was always going to make a difference. We didn't turn up, as bad as the ref was, I am not going to complain about him. There were spells in the game where we made breaks and had chances but once we lost Masch, we never really looked in it. Their forwards sprung our offside trap quite a few times as well, Reina was brilliant to deny a host of goal scoring opportunities.

Rafa put out pretty much the team I was hoping he would, but we couldn't impose ourselves. I am still gutted, but we have to pick ourselves up and think about Everton (minus Masch) next Sunday and hope we can turn it around. It's been a rough couple of days lads but...

Walk on...

IRWT 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #408: Mar 25, 2008 07:02:54 am
       I have just got back from a holiday break and as yet I have not looked at a video of the game.I heard the result on the radio and to say I was disappointed would be an understatement.I did read Andy Grays comment and for him to come out and say Masch should not of been sent off surely indicates that it was not right as he would normally rubbish one of our players.I have no option but to accept that we lost 3 points but I want RAFA to give our lads a kick up the arse and come out fighting and take Everton apart this weekend. Make sure we stay the top side in LIVERPOOL and show Everton no mercy.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #409: Mar 25, 2008 07:29:35 am
      We did'nt get beat, we got fu**ed
      Lets face it everybody as much as it pains me, the better team won!
      We are just not good enough!
      and while we are in the current limbo over ownership I can't see us doing it next year either!
      Come on everybody cheer me up, tell me I'm wrong
      PLEASE
      « Last Edit: Mar 25, 2008 08:10:34 am by neilh2105 »
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #410: Mar 25, 2008 07:52:29 am
      and while we are in the current limbo over ownership I can't seee us doing it next year either!
      PLEASE

Have a look at the possible take-over thread, then start praying! ;)
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      Reply #411: Mar 25, 2008 07:58:04 am
      and while we are in the current limbo over ownership I can't seee us doing it next year either!
      PLEASE

You're wrong.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #412: Mar 25, 2008 08:09:23 am
      Please explain why you think that?
      It stifles discussion when answers to statements are as oblique as yours!
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      Reply #413: Mar 25, 2008 11:39:37 am
      PLEASE

Please explain why you think that?
      It stifles discussion when answers to statements are as oblique as yours!

I didn't know you wanted a discussion...i was just trying to cheer you up since you asked so nicely.

But let's rather concentrate on the remaining games and the CL...and then we can starting stressing over next season when we've crossed these bridges. :-\

Quick Reply