Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are you happy for us to be going after David Bentley?

Yes. Very good player with great potential.
      51 (60.7%)
      No. We could do better going after someone else.
      19 (22.6%)
      Undecided.
      14 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 83

David Bentley (Blackburn)

Read 27843 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      David Bentley (Blackburn)
      Mar 23, 2008 07:44:23 pm
      Some promising news on the hunt for a new winger??

Its said that Benitez is confident of landing David Bently. I have been doing alot of thinking about wether or not it would be a good move and I think it would be a great one because he is becoming a world class player, he is also very young and would mean we would actually have a world class winger. Now all we need is quaresma or silva for the other wing ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008 12:36:21 pm by JD »
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Re: David Bently
      Reply #1: Mar 23, 2008 07:54:09 pm
      Some promising news on the hunt for a new winger??

Its said that Benitez is confident of landing David Bently. I have been doing alot of thinking about wether or not it would be a good move and I think it would be a great one because he is becoming a world class player, he is also very young and would mean we would actually have a world class winger. Now all we need is quaresma or silva for the other wing ;D

I agree, although I probably wouldnt have at the beginning of the season. From what I have seen of him this season he has matured and come on in leaps and bounds, he puts some wonderful crosses into the box and been quite mature asstute and come across as very proffesional. I look forward to seeing him in a red shirt.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2008 12:36:27 pm by JD »
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #2: Mar 23, 2008 07:58:37 pm
      I agree, although I probably wouldnt have at the beginning of the season. From what I have seen of him this season he has matured and come on in leaps and bounds, he puts some wonderful crosses into the box and been quite mature asstute and come across as very proffesional. I look forward to seeing him in a red shirt.

I aint seen much of him this season to be honest, but from what everyone is saying, he sounds a really exciting transfer target. Quality crosses into the box would be ideal for crouch if he can improve on his heading, which im sure wouldn't take much to learn at Melwood. I mentioned Crouch because i would like to see him play more and with Bentley in our side would be a great pairing.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,260 posts | 8582 
      Reply #3: Mar 23, 2008 07:59:11 pm
      Piece in the people today claiming its gonna be Bentley for Pennant
      babel99
      • Banned

• 141 posts | -24 
      Reply #4: Mar 23, 2008 08:04:47 pm
      i hope we get him. he had another outstanding game yesterday
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #5: Mar 23, 2008 08:05:57 pm

I cant be arsed with the national papers no more, just sticking to the Saturday echo. the amount of sh*t they spout every week drives me mad.
      Keeping my fingers crossed Bentley transfer comes true.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #6: Mar 23, 2008 08:07:11 pm
      Love to get him would be fantastic. He can become a world class winger.
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Mar 23, 2008 08:31:55 pm

I'd be willing to do that, and I'd be willing to stick up to 5 mill on top if required to secure him. Bentley is vastly under-rated, and would be a quality acquisition.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Mar 23, 2008 08:55:44 pm
      Bentley? Yes please.

Personally think he would be effective in the role Kuyt's been playing lately and he'd easily get on the teamsheet ahead of Pennant, for me.
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #9: Mar 23, 2008 09:10:42 pm
      As Eddie said, Bentley is grossly under-rated and seems very mature for his age. He has a cracking free-kick, can cross the ball and is pretty nifty at corners (it would be great to see Gerrard in the box for corners). ASwell as that, he can play anywhere across the middle which is alway handy. He captained the England U-18 side so he's responsible.

Once he keeps his feet on the ground and doesn't get too caught up in being touted as the new Beckham. I think he would be a significant improvement on Pennant.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #10: Mar 23, 2008 09:16:02 pm
      Agree with everyone Bently would be a good aquisition, he would give good width on the right and his final ball into the box is good especially on set plays, which is something that we seem unable to deliver unless Stevie G is on blob. the only problem I forsee is where do we then play Babel, because as long as he has got a hole in his a*se he will never be a top left sided player as invariably he has to cut back inside when he makes his runs, ffs even I could mark him in that position ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #11: Mar 23, 2008 09:18:37 pm
      Still not Ronaldo though.  Not the desired increase in class I was expecting.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #12: Mar 23, 2008 09:55:04 pm
      No one is ronaldo except him. And noone is as good as him rite now but i do see what you mean.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #13: Mar 23, 2008 10:02:10 pm

Im not quite sure what you mean by that!!!

??? ???
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #14: Mar 23, 2008 10:04:02 pm

no he isnt near that quality but he is a really good player who will only get better. and because of the 5mil sum involved we should then be able to pursue another winger in the 15-18mil region, that is if H&G decide not to be tight cu*ts. personally i think we need 2 new wingers of better quality and for one, bentley is definately an improvement on pennant
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #15: Mar 23, 2008 10:04:05 pm
      Im not quite sure what you mean by that!!!

??? ???

I think he means that we should be looking to buy players that are world class and Bentley is hardly going to win World Player of the Year. I am a fan of Bentley's though.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #16: Mar 24, 2008 12:00:18 am
      He's been brought up in England's 4-4-2...I highly doubt he'd be able to adapt to a wide '3' position.
      Sorry.
      The only english players I see having those qualities right now is Joe Cole...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,281 posts | 4938 
      Reply #17: Mar 24, 2008 12:11:54 am
      He's been brought up in England's 4-4-2...I highly doubt he'd be able to adapt to a wide '3' position.
      Sorry.
      The only english players I see having those qualities right now is Joe Cole...

If you have seen David Bentley play you will realise that he can play wide right, behind the striker or even wide left. He has the intelligence and ability to play in a wide 3 position.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: David Bentley
      Reply #18: Mar 24, 2008 07:26:59 pm
      Would love to see us get Bentley. But nowerdays its just rumours until its on the official website really. The amount of horse sh*t the paper spurt out.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Mar 24, 2008 08:10:16 pm

Hmm... I'll sit on the fence.

I think it may be a gamble.  We've made a few.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Mar 25, 2008 01:18:46 am
      Alright then. Look at it this way. Another Arsenal reject like Pennant. Is he better than Pennant though?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #21: Mar 25, 2008 06:54:03 am
      I like Pennant but the lad hos nothing over Bentley. Would love him in a red shirt and whipping QUALITY crosses in all day.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #22: Mar 25, 2008 07:11:34 am
      What is it with buying players from Blackburn,the last one we bought from them his name began with ( Bellamy ) We thought he was good till he got to Anfield but sadly it seemed he preferred to practise his golf swing.To this day J.A.R. will not go near a golf course :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply