Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Chelsea

Read 412162 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: Chelsea
      Reply #3818: Aug 15, 2023 03:21:55 pm
      Looks like they are going to get Olise.  This is after Caicedo.  And possibly Lavia.  Unreal the horsetrading there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3819: Aug 15, 2023 03:47:36 pm
      Looks like they are going to get Olise.  This is after Caicedo.  And possibly Lavia.  Unreal the horsetrading there.

£1bn spend in 12 months
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3820: Aug 15, 2023 04:54:03 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,153 posts | 2147 
      Reply #3821: Aug 15, 2023 04:59:00 pm

I find it utterly depressing following a sport at this level that is now so obviously rigged and gamed in the way that Chelsea, Newcastle and Man City are doing right now and the Premier League sits there and allows it all to happen making them look like the weak and feeble, amoral cu*ts that they are. Every football supporter should be angry. But they're not. Half of them are dribbling over 'proper tekkers' social media cu*ts, darting out their opinions on the 'GOAT' and just actively encouraging it all. Almost as bad are the morons saying 'if you can't beat them, join them' and are gagging to see their club hit he'd to the next oil slave master.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3822: Aug 15, 2023 05:48:39 pm
      I find it utterly depressing following a sport at this level that is now so obviously rigged and gamed in the way that Chelsea, Newcastle and Man City are doing right now and the Premier League sits there and allows it all to happen making them look like the weak and feeble, amoral cu*ts that they are. Every football supporter should be angry. But they're not. Half of them are dribbling over 'proper tekkers' social media cu*ts, darting out their opinions on the 'GOAT' and just actively encouraging it all. Almost as bad are the morons saying 'if you can't beat them, join them' and are gagging to see their club hit he'd to the next oil slave master.

It’s abhorrent. I don’t suspect the PL will put a stop to it either. Just look at Sky Sports salivating over the numbers like it’s a good thing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3823: Aug 15, 2023 06:00:28 pm

And there we have our own supporters crying because these teams spend more than us and offer the ridiculous wages

I’ll take one league win doing it without a sugar daddy all day long
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3824: Aug 15, 2023 06:01:45 pm
      The whole sport is in danger of drowning in it's own foul ocean of greed.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3825: Aug 15, 2023 06:27:55 pm
      And there we have our own supporters crying because these teams spend more than us and offer the ridiculous wages

When you refer to one league win - many 'crying' about the time under Jürgen weren't asking to match the huge spending of the top spenders - rather just for FSG to go the extra little bit [ as Jürgen mentioned ].   While we have arguably the best manager in the world at the helm.

Our net spend is well down in the PL table. Even spending a bit extra won't put us in the Chelsea bracket.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3826: Aug 15, 2023 06:31:51 pm

I know you two ( and 1/2 more ) always stood firm you’d never liked to be part of a sports washing group and stated you’d probably walk away and understandably so. However, much as I agree with you in principle how else are we going to compete?

As you know I’ve now stated I’d happily ( I’m now a hypocrite)  take oily owners if it means there’s a chance we can get back to the top. Nothing granted obviously but the chavs have just had you over, not so much with the fees paid but probably the wages.  🤷‍♂️

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3827: Aug 15, 2023 06:33:16 pm

For us maybe there is somewhere in between though, whereby FSG can spend a bit more, without us going the way of PSG, Chelsea etc.

Its sh*t, no two ways about it. The money available to some, the imbalance, nothing seemingly being done. It's souring the game.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,153 posts | 2147 
      Reply #3828: Aug 15, 2023 06:37:35 pm
      I know you two ( and 1/2 more ) always stood firm you’d never liked to be part of a sports washing group and stated you’d probably walk away and understandably so. However, much as I agree with you in principle how else are we going to compete?

As you know I’ve now stated I’d happily ( I’m now a hypocrite)  take oily owners if it means there’s a chance we can get back to the top. Nothing granted obviously but the chavs have just had you over, not so much with the fees paid but probably the wages.  🤷‍♂️

I'd rather keep a semblance of integrity and some principles than indulge in that.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3829: Aug 15, 2023 06:45:41 pm
      I'd rather keep a semblance of integrity and some principles than indulge in that.

I was the same mate but after 10 years making the numbers up I’ve caved in. 🤦‍♂️
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3830: Aug 15, 2023 06:49:11 pm

We just have to keep doing what we have over the last decade

Getting more commercial income in and using the money we earn smartly
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,345 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3831: Aug 15, 2023 06:54:14 pm
      We just have to keep doing what we have over the last decade

Getting more commercial income in and using the money we earn smartly

Easier said than done now. It’s just getting harder and harder. It’s literally impossible to always spend wisely as mistakes will/do happen.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3832: Aug 15, 2023 07:09:57 pm
      Totally agree....Any link between high spend recruitment and guaranteed success is completely exaggerated. The football landscape is littered with megabuck signings that have failed miserably.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #3833: Aug 15, 2023 07:19:02 pm
      Totally agree....Any link between high spend recruitment and guaranteed success is completely exaggerated. The football landscape is littered with megabuck signings that have failed miserably.

Chelsea just agreed a 35m deal with Palace for Olise . 9th signing of the summer. Moved quickly and decisively.

It seems there is fsgs version of a 'rebuild' and others version of a 'rebuild'

I couldn't give a fck about Chelsea but nobody can deny they are backing their manager. Klopp meanwhile ..... nothing needs to be said does it.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3834: Aug 15, 2023 07:34:11 pm
      Chelsea just agreed a 35m deal with Palace for Olise . 9th signing of the summer. Moved quickly and decisively.

I couldn't give a fck about Chelsea but nobody can deny they are backing their manager. Klopp meanwhile ..... nothing needs to be said does it.
      [/quote.

Back their manager...that's quite funny....He'll most likely be sacked before Christmas...If  though Chelsea win the league for the next couple of season's then your point will have been merited. Also, I haven't heard even the faintest rumour of Klopp feeling let down by the club.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3835: Aug 15, 2023 07:36:12 pm

Back their manager...that's quite funny....He'll most likely be sacked before Christmas...If  though Chelsea win the league for the next couple of season's then your point will have been merited. Also, I haven't heard even the faintest rumour of Klopp feeling let down by the club.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,266 posts | 3503 
      Reply #3836: Aug 15, 2023 07:38:47 pm

Well they are backing this manager , will prob be a different one in jan and then a different one this time next year
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3837: Aug 15, 2023 07:48:57 pm

So much change. So many players in/out. Lot of fans don't like Poch and he's under a lot of pressure.  Be surprised if they challenge this year.

They're spending a lot of money, but just feels a scattered and rushed. But yeah, they are certainly spending.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 826 
      Reply #3838: Aug 15, 2023 07:50:06 pm
      Well they are backing this manager , will prob be a different one in jan and then a different one this time next year
      It's clear as day...Chelsea is Todd B's plaything...The manger probably didn't know about the signing.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,685 posts | 3906 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3839: Aug 15, 2023 07:52:36 pm

It does actually. They’ve made a show of him with the Caicedo/Lavia F**k up. Should have just signed Lavia weeks ago and had him start v Chelsea.

Now it’s a fire fighting job to get stuff done in a couple of weeks.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3840: Aug 15, 2023 10:02:19 pm
      Greed greed greed

Quick Reply