Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers)

Read 8099 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers)
      May 01, 2008 06:49:04 pm
      http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/04/30/liverpool-want-12m-premier-league-striker-would-work-very-well-with-torres/6770.html

He scored 18 Goals this season and counting, but is assist record is low. His is commanding a whooping 12 million pounds and The Mighty REDS and the devils are going after his signature. Rafa Benitez believes he will work well with Torres. He scored that late consolation goal against US in the 3 - 1 crushing of Bloacburn Rovers.

What do you think?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers)
      Reply #1: May 01, 2008 07:04:11 pm
      Well he's certainly been banging in the goals for Blackburn, 17 in 35 appearances so far. The only concern I'd have is the fact that he didn't do a lot at Bayern, this could well be because he's better suited to English football but it could be that he's just having a good first season & won't continue to do so well. If it's the latter then it would be a fair bit of money wasted.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #2: May 01, 2008 07:18:36 pm
      Well he's certainly been banging in the goals for Blackburn, 17 in 35 appearances so far. The only concern I'd have is the fact that he didn't do a lot at Bayern, this could well be because he's better suited to English football but it could be that he's just having a good first season & won't continue to do so well. If it's the latter then it would be a fair bit of money wasted.

I will prefer if we had a player with a very good assist record. This may turn out to be a hasty buy as he may not have been fully tested in the EPL. But IRWT - Rafa benitez must have observed him long enough.

Alos, He has scored 15 goals in the Premiership and 3 in the League cup competition.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #3: May 01, 2008 07:23:04 pm
      From what I've seen he's a great header of the ball and a great finisher. But smaller clubs usually demand stupid money for their decent players.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #4: May 01, 2008 11:24:12 pm
      He is a fantastic player no doubting that i would be happy if we bought him
      BRFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #5: May 02, 2008 12:02:41 am
      We won't sell him after one season, hopefully we can keep him, and we will do better with McCarthy next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: May 02, 2008 12:14:03 pm
      What's the fans take on him BRFC?
      BRFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #7: May 02, 2008 12:24:05 pm
      Well he has made our season so far, at £3.5m, dare I say it he is better value for money than your Torres at the moment, don't think he has scored a boring goal. And he has exceeded everyones expectations - even his in his first season, so I don't think we will sell him unless he stinks next season
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #8: May 02, 2008 01:19:27 pm
      At 3.5 million for sure that is buy of the season.
      BRFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #9: May 02, 2008 01:55:42 pm
      I mean, no offense to Liverpool and Torres, but for what was it £26.5m? You would expect Torres to create the chances he does and score those goals
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10: May 02, 2008 02:01:15 pm
      20 million it was from Rafa's mouth. 30 goals in his first season from Spain, cant ask for more. Named the best striker in the Prem and possibly the world atm so that cant be too bad.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11: May 05, 2008 10:43:29 am
      But still I have to agree 3.5mil for a player to score 17 goals in their first year is awesome..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: May 05, 2008 11:45:34 am
      Absolutely. Best valued buy in the season.
      kennys88lads
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts | -4 
      Reply #13: May 05, 2008 01:52:25 pm
      Everyone was raving about Mccarthy last season and this season he has been below average so I would be weary of Santa Cruz at this point. I am also scarred by the signing of bellamy who was on fire at BRFC before we signed him and then he flopped for us. Would rather go all out for Villa far more expensive but playing with Torres is mouthwatering...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14: May 06, 2008 08:02:54 am
      Yeah not into buying Santa Cruz, just admiring a good buy.

That Villa/Torres partnership wont leave my mind. Just imagine seeing Villa next to Torres on the team sheet *drools* ;D

Im sure the ladies will be drooling for an entirely different reason though...
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #15: May 06, 2008 11:02:49 pm
      Yeah not into buying Santa Cruz, just admiring a good buy.

That Villa/Torres partnership wont leave my mind. Just imagine seeing Villa next to Torres on the team sheet *drools* ;D

Im sure the ladies will be drooling for an entirely different reason though...

Is Villa even on Rafa Benitez' Radar? Surely he must be aware of the quality of a striker like Villa.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #16: May 07, 2008 12:35:44 am
      Is Villa even on Rafa Benitez' Radar? Surely he must be aware of the quality of a striker like Villa.

Dont think rafa is even interested to be honest, seems extremely unlinkely he is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #17: May 07, 2008 09:58:15 am
      He would be solodee but the price range isnt really making it any better for us.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #18: May 07, 2008 10:11:27 am
      Benni McCarthy had a good season last year scoring a few goals. Then this season he has been non exsitant could be same case with Santa Cruz and Blackburn would charge over the odds prices for him. He didnt exactly have a good goal scoring record at Bayern Munich which shows he may not handle the pressure of big clubs.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #19: May 07, 2008 10:31:33 am
       I did read on one of the sports pages that Santa Cruz is quite happy at Blackburn and has no desire to leave.I agree with other posters about McCarthy having a good season last season but not too clever this season.I do feel Santa Cruz is a different class and will score goals whoever he plays for and would do well up front with Torres.
      eggsterlfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Reply #20: May 07, 2008 04:59:35 pm
      villa and torres would be great to watch but i doubt we could raise the money for him atm but santa cruz could be good with torres and we could afford him 12 mil a bit much tho
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #21: May 07, 2008 06:56:33 pm
      Blackburn... striker... reminds me of bellamy too much and we know how that turned out. Bellamy scored more than Santa Cruz aswell i think.
      solodee
      • Started Topic

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #22: Apr 21, 2009 12:25:59 am
      Liverpool line up swoop for Roque Santa Cruz

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/apr2009/0/8/roque-santa-cruz-27781715.jpg

Rafa Benitez is eyeing up Blackburn’s in-demand striker Roque Santa Cruz.

Liverpool boss Benitez, given a huge £30m transfer kitty this summer, could be ready to rival Manchester City for the Paraguayan centre forward.

Benitez is keeping close tabs on Santa Cruz, 27, to strengthen his strike force and to work as a possible foil for Fernando Torres.

City bid £20m for Santa Cruz in the summer and manager Mark Hughes wants him - but the Eastlands boss is under huge pressure himself.

Liverpool have been scouting and reporting to Benitez on Santa Cruz who would prefer Champions League football to what City could offer him as Blackburn prepare to launch a big money auction this summer.

Benitez has already targeted Valencia’s David Silva as a big-money buy but Santa Cruz is on his radar in what would be a major shock but shows the level of Liverpool’s ambition.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/04/21/liverpool-line-up-swoop-for-roque-santa-cruz-115875-21293327/

Use to be excited about his stats. But since the advent of David Bentley, Craig Bellamy and other sharks in small clubs that turn out to be tadpoles in a big club, I have become less enthusiastic about these types.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #23: Apr 21, 2009 12:47:01 am
      Just read this on the Sky Sports website.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5215915,00.html
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #24: Apr 21, 2009 01:04:13 am
      The article from the link posted above by danny8t4:

Roque reveals exit plan

Blackburn star still wants to quit the club

Roque Santa Cruz has revealed that he has already told Blackburn that he wants to leave the club this summer.

The Paraguayan star was the subject of more than one bid from Manchester City in January - but Rovers stood firm and shunned the offers.

A host of clubs are continually being linked with the former Bayern Munich man - who has confirmed that he will defintley be looking to leave the club.

The 27-year-old is currently recovering from knee surgery and he told the media in his homeland that he would be looking to quit Ewood Park - whether they stay up or not.

"I have already told them (Blackburn) and they know that before the transfer window closes I would like to continue my career at a bigger, more ambitious team," he told Radio Nanduti.

"Even though I haven't heard anything, I haven't changed my mind."

Season over

Santa Cruz admits he may struggle to play for Rovers again this season, admitting that he could very well have already played his final game for the club.

"I think it will be very difficult for me to play again this season because of the recovery. Our last league match is on May 24 and I also need a couple of days for my knee to physically recover," he said.

"I had to clean the zone where I had the cruciate ligament operation I had three or four years ago because there was some liquid there.

"When I had the tendonitis in the left knee, it made the other leg overwork. That's why it got worse and I needed the surgery.

"Now, it is up to the knee. The recovery time is between four and six weeks and I will not hurry. The most important thing is to play without any problems.

"I will wait for my knee to be perfect, no matter how long it takes."

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #25: Apr 21, 2009 01:13:19 am
      I am against bringing him in, i cant see santa cruz and nando playing well together. too much alike in my opinion. santa cruz is a goal poacher, and he would choose to take a long range shot rather then pass it someone front of himself. thats my opinion after observing him playing for rovers + i feel like he wont enjoy being over shadowed by nando, he would like to be nr "9" (star-player)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #26: Apr 21, 2009 02:55:15 am
      I like Santa Cruz and what he can bring to the team, it is something we lacked seen Crouch left the club but it all depends on what price is being thrown around.
      tedward78
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 204 posts | -5 
      Reply #27: Apr 21, 2009 06:40:44 am
      10-12 million??
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #28: Apr 21, 2009 09:50:30 am
      No thanks.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #29: Apr 21, 2009 09:58:49 am
      Not sure about him. I know he's kind of prolific and maybe he would get the goals for us. But this raises another question: Will it break the Torres and Gerrard combo?

Lets see how this develops as it looks to be an interesting saga. And as if now, Barry's saga looks to be over, can't see him coming anymore.
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #30: Apr 21, 2009 10:28:02 am
      The move needs to be right, we don't want another Robbie Keane situation...

We need a striker yes but also a proper genuine right winger more so.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #31: Apr 21, 2009 10:37:55 am
      No.. too expensive for a back up winger. Don't need a striker to play with Torres. Also I don't think he's good enough for Liverpool
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Apr 21, 2009 11:34:56 am
      No way I think someone said he is prolific, no he is not the only time he got double figures in a season was last season, he had an average of 6 a season for Bayern, the  price Ive heard is 20 million are Blackburn having a laugh this is another Bentley signing, let City with all there money sign this lad, he would not be a good signing for us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Apr 21, 2009 01:25:15 pm
      Yes please. And heres why

He wants to move to a big club and challenge for things. We want someone of top quality who can cover Nando or come off the bench to change a game or give us another option for a decent sum. 10 million would probably get him since fat Sam and Blackburn could be relegated. He knows the prem league well, speaks the language and if he doesnt speak it well theres a load of Spainish lads in the dressing room.

Yep Id be well pleased to land him compared to some of the other names being thrown about on this board
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Apr 21, 2009 05:26:52 pm
      He has being poor this season he has 4 in 17, sure why don't we buy McCarthy as well, he had a good season for Blackburn a couple of years ago, Santa Cruz had one good season have we not learned from other signings made by other clubs on the back of one season, look at Bentley, Bent, Bellamy(there was people on here calling for the signing of the fiirst two). As I've said already he has an average of 6 goals a season in his career and if you examine his career he has being very injury prone. Please don't sign this lad, he is similar to Torres without the pace can't see him being able to form a partnership with Torres.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #35: Apr 21, 2009 05:28:04 pm
      I personally don't really rate him. There are far far better players out there for what they are asking for.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #36: Apr 22, 2009 10:50:01 am
      Plus his injuries, he'll need time to fully recover. He didn't play any competitive games yet because of his injury. We know that he's a goal poacher but with his injuries right now and time needed to fully recover and another time for him to get to his fully best condition, I say it's a waste of time and money!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #37: Apr 22, 2009 11:54:56 am
      He has being poor this season he has 4 in 17, sure why don't we buy McCarthy as well, he had a good season for Blackburn a couple of years ago, Santa Cruz had one good season have we not learned from other signings made by other clubs on the back of one season, look at Bentley, Bent, Bellamy(there was people on here calling for the signing of the fiirst two). As I've said already he has an average of 6 goals a season in his career and if you examine his career he has being very injury prone. Please don't sign this lad, he is similar to Torres without the pace can't see him being able to form a partnership with Torres.

Two points:
      1. Why do people keep saying we need a striker to 'form a partnership with Torres'. He is a lone striker, the only player to have successfully played with him as a striker is David Villa and that is because Torres pushes higher up the pitch to assist Villa, its a one off situation. IF we sign a striker it should be someone who doesn't need to form a partner ship with Torres, they have to be capable of playing as a lone striker coming of the bench, or stay out of Torres' way  and take defenders away from Torres when they come off the bench.
      2. I don't believe he's good enough even off the bench
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #38: Apr 22, 2009 03:26:43 pm
      If so we don't really need a striker why not we find a right winger that can be a striker, meaning the winger that pull defenders away from Torres and give the space he needed. A winger that can cause trouble to the defenders. We all know Torres-Gerrard partnership is brilliant and other teams also knows that. By buying right midfielder/winger that have the same stature and ability as Gerrard does will surely create a hell for the opposing teams.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #39: Apr 22, 2009 03:44:54 pm
      If so we don't really need a striker why not we find a right winger that can be a striker, meaning the winger that pull defenders away from Torres and give the space he needed. A winger that can cause trouble to the defenders. We all know Torres-Gerrard partnership is brilliant and other teams also knows that. By buying right midfielder/winger that have the same stature and ability as Gerrard does will surely create a hell for the opposing teams.

I think David Silva would fit that bill perfectly ...even though he is a left sided midfielder he's very versatile and can play in that position ! He can cause trouble for defenders and also create space for himself and other and he links up with Torres very well plus .....he just oozes class !
      john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 22, 2009 09:12:20 pm
      He has scored a few stunners but not convinced he is not injury proned
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #41: Apr 30, 2009 12:16:01 am
      Not a bad player, but not good enough for the reds.

After the Keane disaster I don't want to take anymore one trick ponies.  The 'done it in the Premiership' factor no longer holds much water IMO.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #42: May 18, 2009 02:26:05 pm
      Further to my above point, from what I'm hearing, this is seriously on the cards.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #43: May 18, 2009 02:28:44 pm
      Further to my above point, from what I'm hearing, this is seriously on the cards.

Is your source reliable ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #44: May 18, 2009 02:43:52 pm
      I wouldn't have posted if it didn't have some credibility.

I can imagine Big Fat Headed Sam will be a major stumbling block though.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #45: May 18, 2009 02:45:16 pm
      He'll definitely add strength in depth for us, that we're lacking upfront.  Smooth move.  Just hope we're not paying too much!!!
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #46: May 18, 2009 02:54:22 pm
      Just hope we're not paying too much!!!

Seconded.

We have a bad habit of paying overboard for players.

If this comes off I hope it's for the right price.
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #47: May 18, 2009 03:00:06 pm
      Interesting...could be a sub for nando although he lacks pace..
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #48: May 18, 2009 06:33:47 pm
      Interesting...could be a sub for nando although he lacks pace..

Precisely what he'll be.

We'd welcome him with open arms. ;)
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #49: May 18, 2009 07:09:08 pm
      As long as he wasn't injured at the same time as Fernando and it would certainly upset gobs***e allerdyce.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2869 
      Reply #50: May 18, 2009 07:16:46 pm
      If we can get the lad on the cheap, then I'd be very happy with Santa Cruz coming to Anfield.

Will be a great back up for Torres and he's good in the air which could prove very handy if we're trying to find a late goal in a game.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #51: May 18, 2009 08:05:30 pm
      To be honest don't want this lad at Anfield for a couple of reasons, barring last season he has never scored more than 6 league goals in a season, his career has being plagued with a whole littany of injuries, his attitude this season has being awful, I know he wants away but he has treated his club terribly, Blackburn will still be looking for big money - I think it would be wasted on this lad. Don't want this lad at Liverpool he is not what we need and with the attitude he has displayed at Blackburn this season don't think he would be happy to sit on the bench.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #52: May 19, 2009 09:19:52 am
      Dont think it'll materialise. His price is already at 18 million due to the tag they slapped on him and then City will push it up no doubt and then you have Allardyce the c**t. Not a bad player, good back up, but when all things are taken into consideration, is it worth it?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #53: May 23, 2009 01:40:28 pm
      A Liverpool fan in town has been spotted with Santa Cruz on his back.

(not literally, that would just be weird)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #54: May 23, 2009 02:26:00 pm

On his Liverpool shirt? How would an ordinary lad like us know if a deal was struck?
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #55: May 23, 2009 02:42:34 pm
      A Man city fan had Kaka tatooed on his back before that deal was done............Im not convinced! ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #56: May 23, 2009 02:44:10 pm
      On his Liverpool shirt? How would an ordinary lad like us know if a deal was struck?

Apparently so mate. Just got a text before.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #57: May 23, 2009 02:51:05 pm
      Apparently so mate. Just got a text before.

Interesting. Id like him as cover and at a good price
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #58: May 23, 2009 03:27:07 pm

Wrong end of the stick lads!!!!!!!!!!

It was supposed to read Santa Claus, apparently Rafa has dyed his beard grey and his bringing some early Christmas presents in the Summer
      Santa Claus 25 it should have read
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #59: May 23, 2009 03:35:56 pm

It was supposed to read Santa Claus, apparently Rafa has dyed his beard grey and his bringing some early Christmas presents in the Summer

Umm ...

What? ???
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #60: May 23, 2009 03:38:48 pm

Don't ask, people in work think i'm on Crystal Meth
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #61: May 23, 2009 03:41:21 pm
      Don't ask, people in work think i'm on Crystal Meth

Don't worry, you're not the only one who's going to crack up because the reds won't be playing for a few months!

;)
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #62: May 23, 2009 03:54:24 pm
      Better get on the FIFA 09 I think and modify the team reflecting summer transfers.
      Then I'll dominate the world for a few months
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #63: May 23, 2009 04:06:48 pm

:lmao:

I wouldn't be surprised mate.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #64: May 25, 2009 12:01:44 am
      I was in Liverpool City Centre yesterday and saw a lad with a Liverpool shirt on with Santa Cruz and '10' on the back  :-\

Does he know something we don't?

Why would you do that unless he'd signed  :o

Strange .......
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #65: May 25, 2009 06:34:25 am
      I was in Liverpool City Centre yesterday and saw a lad with a Liverpool shirt on with Santa Cruz and '10' on the back  :-\

Strange .......

I wonder if it was the same chap Redkenny saw?

Rumours are flying around, but for the moment that's all they are I think. Obviously we'll know more these coming months.

It's certainly odd though.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #66: May 25, 2009 08:27:48 am
      I was in Liverpool City Centre yesterday and saw a lad with a Liverpool shirt on with Santa Cruz and '10' on the back  :-\

Could it not just be that the lad, you saw, is called Santa Cruz?  :-\

Or maybe he was advertising a Christmas boat trip to Lapland?  ;D
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #67: May 25, 2009 12:28:22 pm
      I F***ing hope not. Overrated crap.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: May 25, 2009 02:33:00 pm
      I F***ing hope not. Overrated crap.

Don't beat about the bush now, Ross eh.  :lmao:

By the way, it was MsG who told me that she saw that lad in town.
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #69: May 26, 2009 07:11:33 am
      Roque is a good player…but he’s been good for like 10 years now…

How much good does he have left?

kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #70: May 26, 2009 09:37:05 am

Strange .......
      It is a strange one alright. Dont rate him that highly so hope he just had the same name  .Did he look south American MsG? ???
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #71: Jun 20, 2009 01:55:40 pm
      City agree Santa Cruz fee

Blackburn striker set to be reunited with Hughes

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Blackburn to sign Roque Santa Cruz for £18million, according to Sky Sports News sources.

The Paraguayan striker's future has been the subject of intense speculation for some time and he was linked with a move to City during the January transfer window.

Mark Hughes attempted to bring him in but could not agree a fee with Rovers as Sam Allardyce fought to keep one of his top players.

Santa Cruz was brought to England by Hughes in 2007 when he was in charge at Ewood Park.

The 27-year-old enjoyed a tremendous first season in the Premier League but struggled for form and fitness following Hughes' move from Blackburn to City.

He has regularly been quoted as saying that he could leave Blackburn in the summer and it now appears he may be reunited with Hughes.

It is understood a fee has been agreed but personal terms will need to be sorted out before a transfer can be finalised.

City are looking to strengthen their squad considerably before the start of the 2008/9 campaign to enable them to compete with the top clubs.

They already have a formidable set of strikers but Hughes feels Santa Cruz would provide a different kind of threat.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5389342,00.html
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #72: Jun 20, 2009 02:06:55 pm
      £18M?

:lmao: Once again, Man City get the shitty end of the stick.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #73: Jun 20, 2009 02:11:08 pm
      Daylight robbery. :lmao:  :f_tongueincheek: :o
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #74: Jun 20, 2009 10:00:36 pm
      pfft 18million?!? I can't beleive these amounts being thrown to average players these days :P
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #75: Jun 20, 2009 10:15:33 pm
      pfft 18million?!? I can't beleive these amounts being thrown to average players these days :P
      £18M?

:lmao: Once again, Man City get the shitty end of the stick.
      They thought they had signed him in January for the same ammount but his injury put the brakes on that one. If anywhere it was always going to be City who got him.
      stevie92
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 187 posts |
      Reply #76: Jun 22, 2009 11:57:37 am
      hes going to officially signed by the citizens today
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #77: Jun 22, 2009 12:21:45 pm
      And they say they want to be a top four club...
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #78: Jun 22, 2009 12:25:10 pm
      Santa Cruz having medical at Manchester City
      By Soccernet staff

It was widely reported that the two Premier League clubs agreed a transfer fee of around £18m on Friday.

City manager Mark Hughes brought the Paraguay international to Rovers for just £3.8m from Bayern Munich two years ago and is eager to be reunited with the striker at Eastlands.

The 27-year-old enjoyed a tremendous first season in England but struggled for form and fitness following Hughes' move from Blackburn to Manchester in June 2008.

Monday's medical will no doubt focus on Santa Cruz's troublesome knees. He has had three knee operations during his career; most recently in April, which ruled him out for the last three months of the 2008-09 Premier League season.

Santa Cruz would be City's second signing, following the £12m capture of Gareth Barry from Aston Villa, in a summer in which they are in the hunt for "four to six players" to "set the tone very clearly" for the club's pursuit of silverware, according to chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak.

City are also reported to be pursuing Manchester United's Carlos Tevez and Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #79: Jun 22, 2009 01:47:59 pm
      Liverpool were definitely after him but not at £18M.

More like £10M.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #80: Jun 22, 2009 01:56:04 pm
      Whats the point in him going to City? He will be on the bench most the time if they get Tevez as there would also be Bellamy and Robinho as well as Jo :-\
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #81: Jun 22, 2009 02:18:53 pm
      Whats the point in him going to City? He will be on the bench most the time if they get Tevez as there would also be Bellamy and Robinho as well as Jo :-\

Haha never thought about it like that actually.

Although I suppose they will look a bit like this next season:

Given

Zabaleta Richards Dunne Bridge

De Jong Barry

Wright-Phillips            Robinho

Bellamy Santa Cruz
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #82: Jun 22, 2009 02:57:40 pm
      Haha never thought about it like that actually.

Although I suppose they will look a bit like this next season:

Given

Zabaleta Richards Dunne Bridge

De Jong Barry

Wright-Phillips            Robinho

Bellamy Santa Cruz

But that's only if they get Tevez.

Although they think their starting line up will look like this;

Given

Zabaletta Ramos  Richards  Terry   Dunne   Toure   Bridge

De Jong Alonso Barry

Wright Phillips                            Robinho

Santa Cruz  Bellamy  Tevez  Torres   Messi   Eto'o Drogba

Subs: We are rich and dont need any
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #83: Jun 22, 2009 05:16:20 pm
      One of the teams I really hope fail miserably next year. Was only a matter of time before Santa Cruz signed for them though which is fine as long as they stay away from our transfer targets and best players. One thing they can't buy is a good mentality they're full of talented but tempremental players.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #84: Jun 22, 2009 06:19:09 pm
      Santa Cruz seals City switch

Striker completes move from Ewood Park

Roque Santa Cruz has completed his transfer from Blackburn Rovers to Manchester City.

The Paraguay international has been a long-term target of City manager Mark Hughes, who signed Santa Cruz from Bayern Munich during his time at Ewood Park.

City were keen to sign the attacker in the winter transfer window but failed to reach an agreement for his signature.

The Eastlands club renewed their interest this summer and had a reported £18million bid accepted last week.

Santa Cruz underwent a medical at the City of Manchester Stadium on Monday and has now sealed his switch to the affluent outfit.

The 27-year-old netted an impressive total of 23 goals in 43 games during his debut campaign in England, but his second season was blighted by injury.

Santa Cruz becomes Hughes' second signing of the summer after midfielder Gareth Barry joined from Aston Villa last month.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5396181,00.html

Lockety-lock!

Quick Reply