Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras)

Read 8211 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras)
      Jul 03, 2008 04:24:42 pm
      Palmeiras goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri has made the trip to Europe to secure a work permit, amid suggestions he is on his way to Liverpool.

The 25-year-old is only second choice at Palmeiras, but local press reports suggest he has caught the eye of Liverpool who have not been deterred by his reported £3 million asking price.

Jose Reina’s understudy Charles Itandje failed to impress last season during his rare appearances and the Frenchman is reported to be on his way to Galatasaray.

The Reds are in the hunt for a keeper and Palmeiras coach Wanderley Luxemburgo has allowed him to miss the club’s pre-season training camp in order to travel to Italy to apply for a passport.

Palmeiras’ sporting director Genaro Marin reckons his club are negotiating with a European side, while agent Juninho has refused to divulge the identity of the team in question.

“A transfer is being discussed, the way to pay (…),” Marin told UOL Esporte. “We’ll look to go further tomorrow (Thursday) because there’s not just one team interested."

Juninho added: “We have signed a document with the team that forces us to keep their name secret, that’s why we can’t reveal it at the moment.

“They came to speak to me, to Palmeiras, and the negotiations are in progress."

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/07/03/Prem-Cavalieri-linked-to-Liverpool/?facets/football/

The keeper has a very good reputation in Brazil and hey were in the market for one  :laugh:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Diego Cavalieri (Palmeiras)
      Reply #1: Jul 03, 2008 04:34:51 pm
      I'm brazilian and I have seen this guy playing a lot of times.

It's true he "is only second choice at Palmeiras", but it's for a very good reason. Palmeiras' 1st choice is Marcos, one of the biggest heroes in the history of the club. Some of you might remember him from the World Cup 2002, when he was great.

But in the past years, Marcos had a lot of problems with injuries. It gave Diego a chance to play regularly and he was awesome. Last year he was one of the best keepers in the league... unfortunatly for him, Marcos is back this year, which mean Cavalieri went to the bench once again, but I'm sure he would be 1st choice in 98% teams in Brazil :P

He is a very good and young keeper, would be a brilliant back-up for Pepe. Actually some brazilians would even complain about him being a bench warmer, cause a lot of people believe he can make it in Europe and going to Liverpool could be harder for him - at a club who need a keeper (like Milan, for example), he would have a bigger chance of being a starter.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #2: Jul 03, 2008 08:03:58 pm
      I know Rafa wants back up for Pepe but with O'Neil buying Robinson where does that leave Carson or have I been away from this site for to long and Carson has been sold of. The Brazilian Rafa may buy is new to me so it would be interesting to have Carvalieri & Pepe together.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #3: Jul 03, 2008 10:48:03 pm
      Carson said he would rather play first team football in a lower league than be back up to pepe. Let him leave, I dont care if he goes anymore doesnt seem like he wants to be part of liverpools team, and for me he showed last season at villa he isnt ready to be a first team keeper, learning from pepe would do him well, carson isnt as good a goalie as he thinks he is.

Im all for us going for this keeper, good teams interested in him and he's already a second goalkeeper so he wont come expectin to be the regular goalie all the time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Jul 04, 2008 04:39:17 am
      Waa hey! I said we should go to South America and buy a GK. I'll leave it at that though in case its not us ;)

I too have hear a few mention his name. He could come here, be the under study and push Pepe. Should Pepe get injured we have a great back up or if not then he could re-kindle his career elsewhere and a better player. Its a win win for both parties.
      AggerDoo
      Reply #5: Jul 04, 2008 02:48:37 pm
      Liverpool make £3m bid for Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri
      Jul 4 2008

EXCLUSIVE by David Prentice, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are poised to land £3m Brazilian goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri from Palmeiras.

The Reds confirmed today they are in negotiations with the player and his club and hope to announce his signing next week.

His arrival will signal the departure of Scott Carson, back at Melwood this week after a year-long loan at Aston Villa.

Rafa Benitez is trying to juggle his financial resources as the saga over Gareth Barry’s proposed transfer shows no sign of reaching a conclusion.

Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 04, 2008 03:16:00 pm
      Never heard of him.Hope his worth 3mil.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #7: Jul 04, 2008 08:01:03 pm
      I forgot to mention I would love to have a Diego at Liverpool :D

I read on brazilian papers today that Diego Cavalieri has already travelled to Liverpool :) looks like it's really going to happen
      AggerDoo
      Reply #8: Jul 04, 2008 10:31:32 pm
      Keeper set for Reds switch
      Agent claims Cavalieri is set to finalise transfer
      By Lewis Rutledge   Last updated: 4th July 2008

Benitez: Considering a new keeper?

The agent of Diego Cavalieri has claimed the Palmeiras goalkeeper is close to joining Liverpool.
      The Brazilian shot-stopper, 26, has made over 100 appearances for Palmeiras since beginning his professional career in 2002.
      It now appears he could be on his way to the Premier League with Rafa Benitez looking to bring in cover for Jose Reina.
      According to Cavalieri's representative Juninho Parmigiani, the player is to travel to England this weekend to finalise the deal.
      Juninho told azetaesportiva.net: "Palmeiras' board released Diego to negotiate with Liverpool and we are going to fly in to finalise the last details.
      "We still cannot say that everything is closed because there are some things between Liverpool and Palmeiras and other details in the contract.
      "I believe everything is going to be resolved this weekend.
      "If everything goes as it was agreed, he is going to sign the contract."

Yeah looks like hes joining us. Dont really know much about him infact I no nothing so will just have to wait and see unitll the Carling Cup.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Jul 04, 2008 10:50:23 pm
      I have never heard of this guy, hopefully he will be better than Itandje
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Jul 05, 2008 09:21:19 am
      Why are we forking out 3 million for someone who will play a few carling cup ganes? There must be about 5 good yoing keepers at the club already who could sit on the bench every week and the bulgarian keeper we signed lst season Mihailovic is back this season and hes meant to be a top keeper to. I mean Pepe hs been the best keeper around for the past 3 season this Diego lad isnt going to knock him from number 1 so spend the 3 mllion on a player we do need
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #11: Jul 05, 2008 09:49:36 am
      Why are we forking out 3 million for someone who will play a few carling cup ganes?

Hopefully because we are going to get more than £3 million for Scott Carson?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #12: Jul 05, 2008 09:51:57 am
      Why are we forking out 3 million for someone who will play a few carling cup ganes? There must be about 5 good yoing keepers at the club already who could sit on the bench every week and the bulgarian keeper we signed lst season Mihailovic is back this season and hes meant to be a top keeper to. I mean Pepe hs been the best keeper around for the past 3 season this Diego lad isnt going to knock him from number 1 so spend the 3 mllion on a player we do need

We dont want to harm the youngsters development by forcing him to sit on the bench. He is way better off playing and learning his trade with a full 90 minutes rather than sitting on abench and only training with the side.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #13: Jul 05, 2008 10:15:23 am
      Hopefully because we are going to get more than £3 million for Scott Carson?

And like I said theres about 5 keepers at the club who can sit on the bench to cover Pepe why spend decent money on another bench warmer? If you say we need an experienced keeper for cover why not trawl the lower leagus for an older keeper who'd be happy to sit on the bench for Liverpool. And how do you think the young keepers like Martin will feel if they see Rafa in the market for a keeper cant be good for there confidence can it?

We are supposed to be tight for cash so put the 3 million towards a player who will actually push us on not sit on the bench every week
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14: Jul 05, 2008 11:20:51 am
      I personally dont see how people can say Itandje was bad he played  a few cup games ffs it was never enough to judge him on those. I dont see the point of selling for 2 and buying a bench keeper for 3 that money could be well spent elsewhere.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Jul 05, 2008 05:02:54 pm
      I personally dont see how people can say Itandje was bad he played  a few cup games ffs it was never enough to judge him on those. I dont see the point of selling for 2 and buying a bench keeper for 3 that money could be well spent elsewhere.

Totally agree mate in terms of the way Charles has been treated by some fans. I think though that Charles himself stated he wanted a move according to some sections of the media hence the sale and purchase of Cavalieri.
      lupus_hegemonia
      • Strong & Eternal LFC supporter!
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 186 posts | -9 
      • From Aegean Sea... we're coming to support LFC!
      Reply #16: Jul 07, 2008 02:16:32 pm
      Like I've wrote in MANY LFC's fora and topics:

NO... MORE... LATINOS... IN... THE... BLOODY... BRITISH... ISLAND!!!

MERCY!!! NO MORE LATINOS!

GIVE TO THE BRITISH LADS, THE CHANCES THAT THEY DESERVE!
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #17: Jul 07, 2008 11:26:12 pm
      err.... Gedda grip lad...
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #18: Jul 07, 2008 11:30:42 pm
      Totaly agree with you Chico , whats he on.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Jul 08, 2008 12:23:26 am
      am I allowed to offend other members? I would really like to :(

;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #20: Jul 08, 2008 12:29:20 am

I dont think you are the only one ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #21: Jul 08, 2008 02:28:35 am
      sure can diego wont take it to heart?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #22: Jul 08, 2008 08:58:32 pm
      am I allowed to offend other members? I would really like to :(

;D
      Diego mate, if I were you, I wouldn't waste your time.

Quick Reply