Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Robbie (His name ISN'T Keano) Keane thread

Read 108304 times
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Re: The Robbie (His name ISN'T Keano) Keane thread
      Reply #1219: Feb 02, 2009 03:32:13 pm
      Liverpool have confirmed that keane's talking to spurs.
      well, guess its just for the good. good for him and good for the club  ;D :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1220: Feb 02, 2009 03:34:26 pm
      You just don't know what you are gonna get with Rafa and our results to an extent say so.

So that means we can give up on him? I dont think so. No matter what, he is our manager and a darn fine one at that so he will get my support 99%.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #1221: Feb 02, 2009 03:34:34 pm
      In Rafa we trust?

If we all put our hands on our hearts and were asked do you trust Rafa Benitez, there wouldn't be many saying yes we do. Come on be honest XABI !

You just don't know what you are gonna get with Rafa and our results to an extent say so.

84 points over the last 38 league games.

If the manager wants him out then that's what happens.  That's were the buck stops.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1222: Feb 02, 2009 03:39:06 pm

If the manager wants him out then that's what happens.  That's were the buck stops.

At least thats were it should stop......
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #1223: Feb 02, 2009 03:39:36 pm
      I didn't say give up on him Crouchino . . . been a fan for many years and I support fully everything to do with club, but you cannot trust the gaffer to do what is right at the moment. Thats fact.

So that means we can give up on him? I dont think so. No matter what, he is our manager and a darn fine one at that so he will get my support 99%.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1224: Feb 02, 2009 03:42:39 pm
      Ah well it's money down the drain.

No matter who bought him or how badly some thing he's been treated, truth is Robbie Keane hasn't been good enough to stay at this club. We're doing the right thing for ourselves and for him by letting him go.

On paper it looked like a good signing, possibly for a bit more than we expected, but as we know football isn't played on paper.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #1225: Feb 02, 2009 03:43:24 pm
      Do you trust him implicitly ? Do you think he has done all he can this season ? Do you trust him to put the best 11 out against Everton tomorrow?

I don't  and I would question anyone's honesty if they said they did.

I didn't say give up on him Crouchino . . . been a fan for many years and I support fully everything to do with club, but you cannot trust the gaffer to do what is right at the moment. Thats fact.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1226: Feb 02, 2009 03:45:17 pm
      Do you trust him to put the best 11 out against Everton tomorrow?

I don't but that's because we play Everton on Wednesday and not tomorrow. ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1227: Feb 02, 2009 03:45:50 pm

Quite the contrary, we make a 5 million profit.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1228: Feb 02, 2009 03:45:57 pm
      Do you trust him implicitly ? Do you think he has done all he can this season ? Do you trust him to put the best 11 out against Everton tomorrow?

I don't want the best 11 to play. I'd rather save Nando and Stevie if it's possible. Even if it is the bitters we have bigger fish to fry than the FA cup
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #1229: Feb 02, 2009 03:46:49 pm
      ;D, I stand corrected !

I don't but that's because we play Everton on Wednesday and not tomorrow. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #1230: Feb 02, 2009 03:47:51 pm
      I don't want the best 11 to play. I'd rather save Nando and Stevie if it's possible. Even if it is the bitters we have bigger fish to fry than the FA cup

I agree entirely.  Of course I hope we stuff them on Wednesday but if anybody is carrying a slight knock then I would rather see them rested for the Premiership game at the weekend.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #1231: Feb 02, 2009 03:49:15 pm

I don't  and I would question anyone's honesty if they said the

there is defo an unknown element to him, i'll give you that. I think he knows now that he cannot afford any more mess ups, hence his team yesterday, that was his best team. I think he will play the main men from now on.
      Only thing is next few weeks are very busy with FA Cup, Premier League, Champ league and then the exodus of the squad for international duty.. Hopefully the boys can stay injury free and Rafa will have no choice but to keep playing them
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #1232: Feb 02, 2009 03:53:13 pm
      Are you feeling alright????

You are quite happy to put out an inferior side against Everton. What kind of Liverpool Fan are you?

We have to give ourselves a chance of silverware in all competitions we are still involved in and by playing SG and Nando, we would be keeping the momentum going. And if we did go on to win the F A Cup, it would be lovely to say we beat the Toffees on the way to Wembley.

waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #1233: Feb 02, 2009 03:53:53 pm
      Ah well it's money down the drain.

No matter who bought him or how badly some thing he's been treated, truth is Robbie Keane hasn't been good enough to stay at this club. We're doing the right thing for ourselves and for him by letting him go.

On paper it looked like a good signing, possibly for a bit more than we expected, but as we know football isn't played on paper.
      In fairness he hasn't been good enough but you could say that about a lot of players but they weren't shipped out after 5 or 6 months and some are still there and getting a game.If he goes we need to buy quality and i can't see that happening in a few hours especially with the in fighting going on so i think were f*cked for cover.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1234: Feb 02, 2009 03:54:37 pm
      Are you feeling alright????

You are quite happy to put out an inferior side against Everton. What kind of Liverpool Fan are you?

We have to give ourselves a chance of silverware in all competitions we are still involved in and by playing SG and Nando, we would be keeping the momentum going. And if we did go on to win the F A Cup, it would be lovely to say we beat the Toffees on the way to Wembley.

If we drop the FA Cup meaning we could have more time for the CL and PL then i'm all for it. Getting hectic our schedule is.

As for questioning his support, uh-oh.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #1235: Feb 02, 2009 03:54:44 pm
      Fee's been agreed.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1236: Feb 02, 2009 03:56:14 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N163107090202-1550.htm

LIVERPOOL AGREE TO SELL KEANE TO SPURS
      Paul Rogers 02 February 2009

Liverpool Football Club have this afternoon confirmed they have reached agreement with Spurs for the transfer of Robbie Keane back to the White Hart Lane club.
      Having earlier granted the striker permission to talk to his former club, a spokesman for LFC told Liverpoolfc.tv: "Liverpool Football Club have reached agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for the sale of Robbie Keane."

It thinks keane is out :) Gluck keane too.
      « Last Edit: Feb 02, 2009 03:57:22 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Added link »
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1237: Feb 02, 2009 03:57:45 pm
      His name is now back to Keano it seems.

Good luck. :(
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #1238: Feb 02, 2009 04:02:31 pm
      i tell you, I can't wait for the official reason as to why Robbie Keane has been sold. After Benitez saying ' he thinks Keane will be a Liverpool player after the window ', it will be interesting to see what they both have to say.

It certainly isn't because Keane wanted to go . . . . . . .
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #1239: Feb 02, 2009 04:02:46 pm
      HE'S OUT
      YEAH!
      sad the deal won't be completed during jan. transfer window...or will it be? will keane be out by tomorrow?
      he;s finally been off-loaded!  :lmao:
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #1240: Feb 02, 2009 04:03:20 pm
      His name is now back to Keano it seems.

Good luck. :(
      May he play in peace
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #1241: Feb 02, 2009 04:03:45 pm
      In fairness he hasn't been good enough but you could say that about a lot of players but they weren't shipped out after 5 or 6 months and some are still there and getting a game.If he goes we need to buy quality and i can't see that happening in a few hours especially with the in fighting going on so i think were f*cked for cover.

As JD said earlier in this thread I don't think Keane is cover though. Our formation is by and large one up top, whether Torres is fit or not. Now if Torres gets injured again (fingers crossed he doesn't) we're still gonna be playing with one up top. Robbie Keane can't play up top on his own to any successful level which is why he hasn't been good enough in a Liverpool shirt.

I still think he's a very good player and I expect him to show that quality back at Spurs, but at Liverpool with our current formation Robbie Keane is neither a starter nor good enough cover and we shouldn't be rearranging our entire side to fit him in.

As for other players not being good enough, yes that's a fact but we can't just tell players to F**k off if other clubs aren't prepared to take them off our hands.

Quick Reply