Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Favourite LFC memory

Read 5401 times
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 212 posts |
      Favourite LFC memory
      Jul 30, 2008 11:38:24 pm
      What is your favourite memory or historic Liverpool FC event up to date? Mine was 2005 Istanbul.

changed it just for you RedScouseLaz ;p ;D
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2008 03:04:32 am by redkenny, Reason: Title edit, English language, calling LFC l\'pool. Shall I go on? »
      joe_lfc_4lyf
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 77 posts | -2 
      • King.
      Re: the great debate?
      Reply #1: Jul 30, 2008 11:42:33 pm
      Graeme Souness......Only Joking  ;) ;D

I Think Paisley

Joe
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: the great debate?
      Reply #2: Jul 31, 2008 12:22:18 am
      It's a non issue.

In terms of man management , Shankly every time.

In terms of tactical awareness , Paisley every time.

Both were equally incredible managers in there own way and there is no point in devaluing that in attempting to say so and so is better.

RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: history/memories
      Reply #3: Jul 31, 2008 12:40:52 am
      ive changed the forum !!!

what is your fav memory or historic l'pool event up to date mine was 2005 istanbul

....By all means discuss who you think is better. Thats just my opinion and you and anyonelse wishing to discuss it is entitled to thier own. You certainly didnt have to change it on my account mate ;)
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 212 posts |
      Reply #4: Jul 31, 2008 12:43:21 am
      ....By all means discuss who you think is better. Thats just my opinion and you and anyonelse wishing to discuss it is entitled to thier own. You certainly didnt have to change it on my account mate ;)
      its ok actually you reminded me of wot i actually wanted this thread to be a forgot so a just put sumink random
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #5: Jul 31, 2008 12:50:43 am
      I'd plump for Istanbul as well but that's the obvious choice, so I'll have to say the Coca Cola Cup in 95. I'd just started takin an interest in football and Macca was quickly becomin me fave player so for him to score both goals was the icin on the cake. That's me earliest memory so it can me best as well.
      LFCJAK
      • Forum Geoff Strong
      • Started Topic

• 212 posts |
      Reply #6: Jul 31, 2008 12:53:33 am
      yeah then seems tho istanbul is the obvious one id go for the f.a cup final in 1965 even though i wasnt alive i got it on dvd and it never gets borin we went in as underdogs against leeds but we came out on top so the first time we won it is my fav historic moment
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #7: Jul 31, 2008 01:03:41 am
      Ian St John's header ;D

You're not the only one who's seen Ron Yeats pick the Cup up before our time Jak :lmao:

If we're goin for memories before we were born then it has to be the 74 cup final against Newcastle. Keegan's second goal, best team goal I've seen. The St Ettienne game in 77 will be right up there with our more ancient fans :P Monchengladbach 77, Roma 84, double in 86 (Everton in the cup final). Some will even say Shankly's arrival in 59 was there greatest memory. Or if there's any who remember Billy Liddell they might have him as there memories. He was by all accounts that good. But there's so many legends this club has had I think pinpointin one player as a particular memory would be hard. And the legends didn't start in the 60s as Liddell proves, but so does the likes of Jack Balmer, Gordon Hodgson, Elisha Scott, Bob Paisley, Phil Taylor and so on.
      kopkiwi
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 555 posts | -6 
      Reply #8: Jul 31, 2008 02:51:09 am
      Unfortunatly my most distinct memory is the 96 FA Cup final against The Scum. Only cause it was the first ever Live Liverpool match shown on tv here in NZ.

GOOD memories. Owens FA Cup win in 01 will live long and hard in the memory as will the Toon 4-3 wins.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Favourite LFC memory
      Reply #9: Jul 31, 2008 03:13:05 am
      What is your favourite memory or historic Liverpool FC event up to date? Mine was 2005 Istanbul.

It's a good topic - there's probably a few knocking about along the same lines. But please, do not call Liverpool, 'l'pool!!!!! I'll hunt you down and torture you!!!

Mine has got to be European Cup number 4 - 1984. That's when I really understood what the meaning of nerves was and even more so, how much of a red I was. My little sister was not far off from being born at the time and I'm sure if those pens went on she would have been premature.

But that feeling when it was finally ours.................... words can't explain.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #10: Jul 31, 2008 05:00:07 am
      I think one of my favorite memories which always sticks with me is the UEFA Cup win 2001. I just always loved the way we went on the game and won it, always love watching replays of it on TV.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #11: Jul 31, 2008 09:08:54 am
       The memories that will for ever stay in my mind was winning the F.A.CUP for the first time in 1965,watching the team parade the cup in Liverpool with my 3and a half year old son on my shoulders,just brilliant.Then to cap it off being at Anfield on the Wednesday nightand seeing Gerry Byrne and Gordon Milne parade the cup around the ground B4 playing and beating Inter Milan in the European Cup.I can still see myself standing on the KOP that night-TREMENDOUS.I thank Bill Shankly for that CUP as my DAD who had been a RED alll his life was alive to see us win the cup for the 1st time ,he died 6 months after.
      Trev
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      Reply #12: Jul 31, 2008 10:55:21 am
      Although we have had some fantastic games and tremendous results through the years I consider myself lucky to have been one of the thousands who experienced the last day of the famous Kop in 94 , seeing all those legends at the same time and the atmosphere although always special was something else on that day, will take that memory with me to the grave

YNWA  :) :) :) :)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #13: Jul 31, 2008 11:27:39 am
      Istanbul 2005 has to be my best memory
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #14: Jul 31, 2008 12:22:39 pm
      That win over Olympiakos on our way to number 5.

1. It was my birthday.
      2. Everything was going against us...
      3. That goal by Gerrard.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15: Jul 31, 2008 01:29:49 pm
      I'm stuck in between the Olympiakos game and the Istanbul final. We came from behind in both but to do that against a team like Milan is amazing.
      Watt
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 884 posts | 22 
      Reply #16: Jul 31, 2008 01:41:34 pm
      The memories that will for ever stay in my mind was winning the F.A.CUP for the first time in 1965,watching the team parade the cup in Liverpool with my 3and a half year old son on my shoulders,just brilliant.Then to cap it off being at Anfield on the Wednesday nightand seeing Gerry Byrne and Gordon Milne parade the cup around the ground B4 playing and beating Inter Milan in the European Cup.I can still see myself standing on the KOP that night-TREMENDOUS.I thank Bill Shankly for that CUP as my DAD who had been a RED alll his life was alive to see us win the cup for the 1st time ,he died 6 months after.

Thats awesome about your dad, Billy!! Loved it! Thanks for sharing :) :)

My favorite LFC memory.... Istanbul 05 is obvious, but as i think I've said in a similar thread before... I actually cant say I remember much of that final. I was wasted before half time, and that is pretty much all I remember; that joyless first period... :-[ :-[  Sooo sad and ashamed.
      Want to say the FA cup final the year after, with Gerrards hit on overtime... But I think I have to say the last leg in the semis last year, against Chelsea. I was dead sober, cause I had tonsillitis and couldnt drink, I've never been so nervous in my entire life, and when it was all over, it was like being in a rollercoaster, just took my breath away. Will never forget it.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 31, 2008 02:19:52 pm
      Istanbul 05.Coming back after 3-0 down was magnificent,Another game i really enjoyed was the CL game against Arsenal last season.Awesome game to watch.
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #18: Jul 31, 2008 02:56:57 pm
      Dont think you can look any further than Istanbul,excellent night.
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #19: Aug 01, 2008 07:30:46 am

The FA cup final 1965, I was only a young teenager and I won a ticket, yes won a ticket for the final, god I was over the moon.
      BUT, my dad said I was to young to go down to London on my own, and he went in my place, and got me a program, god, he was good to me.
      Yet 3 months later he let me go to the Charity Shield in London, mmmmmmmmm need I say more.

Billy, I was at that match when we played Inter Milan, all I can say to the younger members of this form, if you think the kop singes well in todays European games, I have to say it was nothing like it was on that night.
      Shanks got the ground going when they brought the FA cup out, and we never stoped singing for 2 hours, what a night.

1977, must be up there we won the European Cup for the 1st time, and again the next year, we thourt are team could walk on water.

There has been so many good times following Liverpool football club, I just hope you younger members can see this great club lift more and more cups, because I still have the same passion now for are great club as I did back in 1963 when I started to follow Liverpool FC.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #20: Aug 01, 2008 08:48:33 am
      graham that night against  Inter Milan will always stand out as the best atmosphere I ever experienced,it was electric.it was just a pity we were robbed in the return leg,you will probably remember that game for the bad ref decisions, if ever a ref was bought off that man would of been a strong contender for the prize.then there was the dirty tricks with the car horns going all night so the lads could not get any sleep.Without a doubt the REDS of 1963 to 1967 really did us proud.By the way I have mentioned on a previouse post about winning a raffle to the 1965 semi final at Villa Park which was run by L.F.C. that was also a fantastic experience.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #21: Aug 01, 2008 09:15:57 am
      when I saw dudek save sevva. penlty. We won the fivth european cup.
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #22: Aug 01, 2008 09:29:31 am
      Definitely has to be the final in Istanbul!!

I have never seen such a comeback ever, and all the emotions i went through that whole day and night i can still remember.

And then the next season, when we reached the FA Cup Final and we came back from that and ended up winning it, brought all those Istanbul memories back. It was great!!

Quick Reply