Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ashley wants to sell Newcastle

Read 3298 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Ashley wants to sell Newcastle
      Sep 14, 2008 07:20:00 pm
      http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4144680,00.html

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has confirmed he wants to sell the troubled Premier League club.

Ashley only took charge of the St James' Park outfit last summer and has endured a roller-coaster spell at the helm in the North East.

His relationship with the club's supporters has reached breaking point in recent days following the resignation of hugely-popular manager Kevin Keegan.

Keegan quit his post after just three games of the new season, claiming that he was forced to walk away due to the board's involvement in the club's transfer policy.

Immediate demonstrations from the fans followed and Ashley attempted a reconciliation with Keegan, only for talks in London to break down on Friday.

Supporters again vented their anger towards Ashley and executive director (football) Dennis Wise before, during and after Saturday's 2-1 home defeat by Hull City, although the duo were both conspicuous by their absence.

And now the club's owner has admitted he wants to sell his stake following the reaction of the Geordie faithful.
      Listened

In a statement released to Sky Sports News, Ashley said: "I am putting the club up for sale.

"I hope the fans get what they want and that the next owner is someone who can lavish the amount of money on the club that the fans want.

"This will not be a fire-sale. Newcastle is now in a much stronger position than it was in 2007. It is planning for the future and it is sustainable.

"I have the interests of Newcastle United at heart. I have listened to you (the fans). You want me out, that is what I am now trying to do but it won't happen overnight and it may not happen at all if a buyer does not come in.

"You don't need to demonstrate against me because I have got the message. Any further action will only have an adverse effect on the team. As fans of Newcastle United you need to spend your energy getting behind not me, but the players who need your support."

Structure

Ashley has again given his backing to Wise, and claims that it would be impossible for Keegan to have had sole control over buying new players.

He added: "One person alone can't manage a football club and scout the world looking for world class players and stars of the future.

"It needs a structure and it needs people who are dedicated to that task. It needs all members of the management team to share that vision for it to work.

"Dennis and his team have done a first-class job in scouting for talent to secure the future of the club."

Couldn't of gone any other way really could it ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Ashley wants to sell Newcastle
      Reply #1: Sep 14, 2008 07:39:27 pm
      Cant stand Newcastle,not in a chelsea or utd way, cant stand them tho
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: Sep 14, 2008 08:10:47 pm
      Here you go Hicks & Gillett your chance to sell up and buy a club you can afford

NUFC Recruitment Enquiries 0191 201 8696
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2008 08:17:15 pm by Venison 86, Reason: contact number added »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Sep 14, 2008 08:14:54 pm
      Didn't take Mike Ashley long to get the hint did it ? 

Wish our 2 gobshites were as easy  :f_steam:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #4: Sep 14, 2008 08:29:52 pm
      Ashley isnt the problem at newcastle its the wise man and that other goat whatever his name is. He's making the right choise anyway
      Shoelessboy
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 314 posts |
      Reply #5: Sep 14, 2008 09:57:15 pm
      Ashley is the problem, his heart was too involved and therefore he would never have left the manager to do it on his own. Keegan should never have got the job back, he was a great player but I really dislike him as a manager
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6: Sep 14, 2008 11:02:32 pm
      Mike Ashley wants to sell.........Hicks and Gillette take note and follow suit!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #7: Sep 15, 2008 12:16:52 am
      I reckon were still be too nice to them Yanks, Christ some fans have already insulted Hick's son.

Anyone fancying storming the Sandon next time the Yanks are over and kidnapping Tom Hicks Jnr!

Only joking Tom, Merseyside Police, FBI, CIA..................... 
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #8: Sep 15, 2008 04:00:13 am
      Hicks and Gillet get in there!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #9: Sep 15, 2008 10:07:09 am
      At least Ashley had the bollocks to come out and say how fickle they are. He's absolutely right too.

He's been trying to set up a Arsenal style system. Hardly got the chance to show how it's going to work.

He also bailed them out from going under, and gauranteed ploughing money in not expecting a response. The majority of their fans won't recognise, or even acknowledge this of course! ::) I feel sorry for the fella.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #10: Sep 15, 2008 10:08:42 am
      Just to add too, he's probably going to make about £10m to £20m profit off selling them! :D He bought them for £150m odd, and ploughed £110m in to clear some of the debt.

Our two gobshites are going to take substantially more.
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #11: Sep 15, 2008 10:32:06 am
      Would'nt it be a sickener if D.I.C stepped in and bought Newcastle? All Our hope of saviour will be lost. :'( Worrying thought.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #12: Sep 15, 2008 01:29:19 pm
      Theres a lot of talk about D.I.C being linked with Newcastle. Thats not good for us at all
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #13: Sep 15, 2008 02:55:47 pm
      Hasn't a statement been on SSN saying DIC will not pursuing the Liverpool deal. Even going as far to wish the team and fans luck!
      MsGerrard
      Reply #14: Sep 15, 2008 03:00:05 pm
      It's been on Radio City that DIC are not interested in Liverpool   :(  or any other club for that matter !
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Sep 15, 2008 03:07:34 pm
      Hasn't a statement been on SSN saying DIC will not pursuing the Liverpool deal. Even going as far to wish the team and fans luck!

Yes, but there is also specultion that Sheikh Mohammed, is dispensing with DIC (Dubai Investment Capital) in the pursuit of Liverpool and instead planning to use his own money to purchase the club.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2008/dic-ditched-by-the-sheikh/
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #16: Sep 15, 2008 03:40:31 pm
      So no 7 year plans to sell then?

Had a read in one newspaper last week how Sheikh Mo and his son-in law are very competitive, also the fact it's not DIC, which is a profit making company, means even better news for us, if a deal is done with the two fuckwits.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Sep 15, 2008 03:48:11 pm
      So no 7 year plans to sell then?

Had a read in one newspaper last week how Sheikh Mo and his son-in law are very competitive, also the fact it's not DIC, which is a profit making company, means even better news for us, if a deal is done with the two fuckwits.

I was rather hoping the yanks would bottle it and sell up in seven weeks than take the risk of not being able to refinance

It has to be better news he is ditching the DIC and splashing his own cash, but I am sure he still wont let the yanks take the piss with the price
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #18: Sep 15, 2008 03:59:40 pm
      Well at least Gillett learned one little lesson this weekend!

We the fans are more organised than he or Tom Hicks ever thought.

To read that statement from SOS after they had met with George shows they tried to ride roughshod over the fans, especially when he tried to accuse SOS of being run by Amanda Staveley or DIC.

He'll learn: Militantcy is in the blood in this city.

Have faith brothers and sisters, our time will come YNWA
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2877 
      Reply #19: Sep 15, 2008 05:42:25 pm
      They want £750 million for the club that they bought for less then £300 million  :f_doh: Smackheads! Just sell up and f**K off for the same price you bought it for
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #20: Sep 15, 2008 06:47:07 pm
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #21: Sep 15, 2008 08:10:29 pm
      Has anyone read Ashley's full statement ? fair play to the bloke if no buyer comes in hes not going to dump the club in the sh*t as many would do.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #22: Sep 15, 2008 08:14:11 pm

:lmao:  Have you seen the questions underneath ??
      mkj1972
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 764 posts |
      Reply #23: Sep 15, 2008 08:29:11 pm
      :lmao:  Have you seen the questions underneath ??
      [/quote

Yes i have,glad you like it
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #24: Sep 15, 2008 10:15:09 pm
      This is even funnier! :lmao:

Please note, NUFC is not mine to sell. But if you really are mad enough to buy it put your bids on a postcard and send them to

Agent Mike Ashley
      The Sunderland Stadium of Light
      Sunderland
      SR5 1SU

Quick Reply