Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Next Liverpool Manager, who do you want?

Kenny Dalglish
      (44.4%)
      Roy Hodgson
      (10.5%)
      Martin ONeill
      (2.6%)
      Sven Goran Eriksson
      (1.3%)
      Mark Hughes
      (0.7%)
      Frank Rijkaard
      (7.9%)
      Louis van Gaal
      (7.2%)
      Somebody else
      (25.3%)

Who could be the next Liverpool manager?

Read 276588 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,479 posts | 2862 
      Re: Mourinho for Liverpool
      Reply #23: Feb 03, 2009 07:18:36 pm
      Actually if Rafa walked at the end of the season, then yes I'd want Jose.

F**k it I'd rather have him than that leprechaun O'Neil and come on admit it, you'd f***in love it, if we scored a last minute winner at OT and he came charging down the touchline like a loon.

I have to say I agree with every word of that.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #24: Feb 03, 2009 07:22:09 pm
      I have to say I agree with every word of that.

Me too.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:34:04 pm by JD, Reason: For the love of God please put your own post AFTER a quote. »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,881 posts | 6815 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #25: Feb 03, 2009 07:24:33 pm
      Not that I hope it will happen but for the purpose of the exercise, I would choose Guus Hiddink....He seems to have the ability to bring players together and get the best out of each of them.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #26: Feb 03, 2009 07:25:10 pm
       . . . . but if Rafa decides he has had enough of the board and ups and leaves, I can think of many worse than O'Neill.

Someone's mention on here that he jumps up and down too much . . . . for me that shows passion and a desire to win.

But that is hopefully a long way off, Rafa still has much to offer and wants that title.

Not that I hope it will happen but for the purpose of the exercise, I would choose Guus Hiddink....He seems to have the ability to bring players together and get the best out of each of them.
      But Hiddink has already said he only wants to manage at international level. Getting old.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 07:27:49 pm by Reslivo, Reason: Edit function is there for a reason »
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #27: Feb 03, 2009 07:32:02 pm
      Whoever gave me a minus for stating my opinion in this thread and attatched the lovely message "pr**k", thank you for your mature comments. They have been duly noted and I am currently working to rectify the situation...........you pr**k ! ;D

As for the topic at hand......maybe it is time for somebody new, and if it is (despite working for our rivals for years), Mourinhio has to be ranked as one of the best managers in the world and our club deserves the best option.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #28: Feb 03, 2009 07:33:56 pm
      Actually if Rafa walked at the end of the season, then yes I'd want Jose.

F**k it I'd rather have him than that leprechaun O'Neil and come on admit it, you'd f***in love it, if we scored a last minute winner at OT and he came charging down the touchline like a loon.

Headhunters! Ha we'll sh*t em'
      Sorry Folks I have to agree with HuytonRed. But its a big IF. You can not argue with his record, but are we not forgetting someone?

Maria de Montserrat aka Seniora Montse Benitez. Does she not pick the team?
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 183 posts |
      Reply #29: Feb 03, 2009 07:44:29 pm
      Yes i think i started a half decent thread . . ;)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Feb 03, 2009 07:49:58 pm
      Yes I think I started a half decent thread . . ;)

Maybe rename it to something like "Who could replace Rafa" instead of the title you have? That way people wont go in all fired up and might actually answer who they think would be a good manager to take over if Rafa went for on reason or an other
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #31: Feb 03, 2009 07:52:48 pm
      Maybe rename it to something like "Who could replace Rafa" instead of the title you have? That way people wont go in all fired up and might actually answer who they think would be a good manager to take over if Rafa went for on reason or an other

That's a good idea ! God, chill Mr Serious head !
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:34:52 pm by JD, Reason: Put your post AFTER a quote. »
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #32: Feb 03, 2009 07:53:51 pm
      There really aren't many managers I can think of that I would like to replace Rafa if he were to leave (God forbid). It really would knock us back 5-10 years if Rafa left.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #33: Feb 03, 2009 07:57:04 pm
      There really aren't many managers I can think of that I would like to replace Rafa if he were to leave (God forbid). It really would knock us back 5-10 years if Rafa left.

Shame if were to happen, but 5-10 years?? Thats overdoing it don't you think?

We have the basis for what could be a great side. It would take a lousy manager for us to go backwards if Rafa left!
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:35:30 pm by JD, Reason: CAPS LOCK OFF! And post after quote. »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,356 posts | 2876 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Who could replace Rafa
      Reply #34: Feb 03, 2009 07:59:23 pm
      That's a good idea ! God, chill Mr Serious head !

Move along. I was giving the lad an idea so people might suggest names instead of all saying Rafa shouldn't or cant go
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 183 posts |
      Reply #35: Feb 03, 2009 07:59:41 pm

Good point  and it is good to know when you've started a debate
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:00:35 pm by CRK »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Feb 03, 2009 08:03:06 pm
      Shame if were to happen, but 5-10 years?? Thats overdoing it don't you think?

We have the basis for what could be a great side. It would take a lousy manager for us to go backwards if Rafa left!!

Thing is, if Rafa left, so would the majority of our Spanish players. Torres, Alonso and Reina make up half of our core of side. Torres and Reina have both said during their Liverpool careers that they would have to rethink their future if Rafa left. Doubt the likes of Mascherano and Agger would stay put either if the likes of Real and Barcelona are sniffing round them and no one to tell them to stick it up there arses.

It's taken Rafa four or five years or so to replace the likes of Smicer, Baros, Biscan, Troare, Kewell, Henchoz etc with the likes of Agger, Skrtel, Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Reina etc and get them to sustain a serious title challenge. It would take a fair few transfer windows to replace the players we could lose if Rafa left. Not forgetting that they'd need time to gel.
      sckinny
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts | -13 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2009 08:03:12 pm
      I'm not aware that Mourinho is available - what have I missed  :)

He's an obvious name but I wonder if there are less obvious managers, that could do a similar job and buy into the values of the club? I do rate him but I think he's motivated by winning and his pay cheque alone. Assuming Rafa goes, along with the American's, we're going to need a huge dose of stability. This may require someone with existing or previous links to the club... Or someone that understands what LFC means.

Either way, I think this is a healthy discussion - as succession planning is a good idea for a variety of reasons!
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:06:25 pm by CRK »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2009 08:05:32 pm
      Totally hypothetical but Hiddink would be my pick. Might be tempted to get into club football again.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2009 08:09:01 pm
      Would Hiddink, if tempted to come back to club management, be equipped and prepared for the job? Been in International management for a long time now?

Totally hypothetical but Hiddink would be my pick. Might be tempted to get into club football again.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:09:44 pm by CRK »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,726 posts | 3740 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2009 08:12:15 pm
      Hiddink will be my choice or give Sammy Lee a chance.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:29:36 pm by CRK »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2009 08:13:51 pm
      Either way, I think this is a healthy discussion - as succession planning is a good idea for a variety of reasons!

I know of a pair of American businessmen that'd agree with you! ;)
      Abbey-Alonso 14
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -3 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2009 08:16:32 pm
      I want Rafa to do well with us but he needs to cop on with the subs he's making >:( Robbie Keane is a great player and he treated him like sh*t :(
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:18:51 pm by CRK, Reason: Took it a little literally with the caps lock »
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2009 08:20:44 pm
      IF the worst happened and he was sacked or walked due to the bs thats been happening

Gus Hiddink would be the man I would go for.

But thats a huge IF.... at least it bloody better be
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 183 posts |
      Reply #44: Feb 03, 2009 08:25:07 pm
      Hiddink will be my choice or give sammy lee a chance.

Give Sammy Lee a chance? Would be crazy he is unproven. Look what he did to Bolton? Sammy Lee is a great assistant, but manager? I dont know.
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009 08:30:24 pm by CRK »
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #45: Feb 03, 2009 08:30:08 pm
      John Barnes ! :f_tongueincheek:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply