Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread

Read 429205 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool FC - The Reserves Thread
      Reply #161: Feb 12, 2008 05:15:51 pm
      Thanks for the reminder about this Kenny, I forgot :o we were playing tonight, should be a good game and I will be watching it.

Pacheco's on the bench though isn't he? so maybe he will get another chance at some stage during the game.

Come on lads, keep that top spot ;D
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #162: Feb 12, 2008 06:35:20 pm
      I really don't see how Brouwer has made the team ahead of Pacheco, nothing I have seen of him so far has convinced me he'll make the grade. Will give this a watch tonight, I hope he can prove me wrong.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #163: Feb 12, 2008 06:42:20 pm
      Exactly my thoughts mate.
      stiffler
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 137 posts |
      Reply #164: Feb 12, 2008 07:07:50 pm
      Great finish by Nemeth, 1 nil !
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #165: Feb 12, 2008 07:09:29 pm
      Cracking goal... Lobbed the keeper from the edge of the box after a good clearance from David Martin.
      Get him in the 1st team!  ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #166: Feb 12, 2008 07:13:12 pm
      The Nemeth is backeth! Good stuff.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #167: Feb 12, 2008 07:22:20 pm
      Jay Spearing steams into a Gerrardesque challenge on Wier after running 10yds and is now receiving treatment from the physio.
      A sub is being readied as Jay can't continue... Ryan Crowther is on.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #168: Feb 12, 2008 07:38:42 pm
      Yordi Bower receives the ball on the right wing, beats the offside trap but shoots across the goal and out of play, narrowly missing Sunderland's left hand post.

Oh dear, don't tell me your here all week! ;) Is this on LFC TV or anywhere else.

Yeseth! The full game is free to watch on LFC.TV if you have an E.season ticket.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #169: Feb 12, 2008 07:53:46 pm
      Yordi Bower receives the ball on the right wing, beats the offside trap but shoots across the goal and out of play, narrowly missing Sunderland's left hand post.

Yeseth! The full game is free to watch on LFC.TV if you have an E.season ticket.
      damn, is it being streamed anywhere?
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #170: Feb 12, 2008 08:20:42 pm
      Why don't you just get yourself an e-season ticket or a subscription to the tv channel?

Two great reaction saves by Martin, not a bad keeper even if his dad is named after a chipmunk :D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #171: Feb 12, 2008 08:22:09 pm
      Huth scores but it's canceled out for offside. David Martin does a double save between the Liverpool sticks a few minutes earlier.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #172: Feb 12, 2008 08:24:26 pm
      Why don't you just get yourself an e-season ticket or a subscription to the tv channel?

Two great reaction saves by Martin, not a bad keeper even if his dad is named after a chipmunk :D

Whoops wasn't expecting you to post Eddie! A fine double save deserves a double post!  ;)
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #173: Feb 12, 2008 08:33:19 pm
      Insua having a great game.
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #174: Feb 12, 2008 08:35:03 pm
      A fine double save deserves a double post!  ;)
      But that was a triple post !? Anyone look like they could be used at the Barnsley game - bearing in mind the Inter Milan game in mid week.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #175: Feb 12, 2008 08:54:51 pm
      MOTM - David Martin, an outstanding goalie, hope he stays with us, a great backup for Pepe  ;)
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #176: Feb 12, 2008 09:08:11 pm
      Final score 1-0? I lost sound and vision of the match near the end  >:(
      David Martin is a fine keeper and one worth keeping hold of, excuse the pun!  ::)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #177: Feb 12, 2008 09:33:52 pm
      That was a good game tonight and the Ressies are looking title material!!! Nemeth is mega fast and intelligent too, I'd like to see him playing in the League cup next season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #178: Feb 12, 2008 10:26:06 pm
      Oh dear, don't tell me your here all week! ;)

More of that and you wont be here all week.  ;)

Good win for the lads tonight that. Was a bit tense leading up to the end of the game but they held on. Agree Crazy Horse, would like to see Nemeth breaking into the first team next season. I wouldn't complain if he got a game this season ahead of Voronin and Kuyt the way things have been going. Knows where the goal is...

Martin done well didn't he. One thing that stands out for him is that he looks like he can pull the ball out the air very well. Was gutted for Spearing going off because of he went into a tackle like he always does - full commitment. Hopefully it's not as bad as first thought. Thought we missed his presence in the second half to be honest. He keeps involved right til the end.

Hope Brouwer proves himself soon otherwise he'll be on his way. Not sure about his attitude or his ability. He can't be in there for no reason though.

Top of the league, five points clear. Beat Newcastle next week and hopefully we'll be on the way to the title.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #179: Feb 12, 2008 11:38:12 pm
      Well I think the first team could learn some lessons from our reserves tonight, I thought we played really well, full on commitment from all the lads particularly Martin, Spearing, he's not afraid to go into the tackles is he? Huth played very well as did Nemeth, what a beautiful goal, Rafa if your reading this, cos I know you are ;D
      Get Nemeth in the first team up front with Torres, give the lad a chance to show what he can do, play him against Barnsley on Saturday and let him have a good run at their defence.

Sorry, but he's got to be better than what we've got up front at present excluding Crouchie.

Like that Eddie.......Alvin and the chipmunks :lmao:
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #180: Feb 12, 2008 11:45:47 pm
      Agree MsG, I'd give Nemeth his shot now, though only off the bench when a game's already won. As the saying goes, if you're good enough you're old enough. There's something about this lad, not so much in the way he plays but the way he carries himself, that reminds me of a young Robbie Fowler. He just seems to ooze that same confidence, and though I can't say for certain I have a feeling he wouldn't be fazed by quality defenders.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #181: Feb 12, 2008 11:50:28 pm
      Spot on Ed.....he's got nothing to lose, take Crouchie off on Sat, when we are about 3-0 up, and let this lad have a go, you never know, the team will be buzzing if we are winning and for him to come on in that sort of environment will only do him good, give him some experience of playing in front of a big crowd.

Let's hope Rafa feels the same eh!
      graham135uk
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 797 posts | 27 
      • “Liverpool are magic. Everton are tragic.”
      Reply #182: Feb 13, 2008 07:51:09 am
      I really don't see how Brouwer has made the team ahead of Pacheco, nothing I have seen of him so far has convinced me he'll make the grade. Will give this a watch tonight, I hope he can prove me wrong.

The under 18s play tonight, thats why Pacheco was not in the team, don't think its on Liverpool TV, which is a shame.

Very good win by Liverpool Res. Puts them top by 5 points.
      The pitch was very bad, did not help the game.
      I thou rt Ronald Huth had a very good game in the back four, and Martin in goal was very good.
      Nemeth took his goal very well, he must be another one to get a run out in the 1st team next season.

Good win, well done.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #183: Feb 13, 2008 07:59:30 am
      Surely these young lads will get a chance to show what they can do next season when we have seven subs on the bench.The future looks good.

Quick Reply