Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

PES 2010

Read 22637 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: PES 2010
      Reply #115: Sep 18, 2009 04:57:00 pm
      The games passing and movement is poor but the technique side of the game is so good all the players have outstanding technique i have scored a couple of crackers with Torres and Aquilani (Italy) and also the way certain players move is so realistic. In some aspects of the game PES outshine Fifa but overall Fifa is yet again the game to buy.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #116: Sep 18, 2009 05:01:13 pm
      Bring back Italia '90!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #117: Sep 18, 2009 05:01:14 pm
      Yeah that's a fair assessment.

Some parts of Pro Evo are very good. Some of the goals you can score on it are outstanding - at times the player movement is great too like you said. Still the general look of it is awful - it actually looks completely like a computer game whereas Fifa doesn't.

They haven't got the basics right with Pro Evo yet either - the crossing is appalling. It's one dimensional and it never goes to the player you want it to.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,933 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #118: Sep 18, 2009 05:03:09 pm
      For me since 08 that's when Fifa overtook PES as the best football game over the past years they have made PES slower and less fluent :(
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #119: Sep 18, 2009 07:13:43 pm
      Well don't really understand what most of you are on about here. Don't think you've given it much of a go.

Been playing it today and I'm delighted with it to be honest, much improvement from last year, the new tactics menu can really change how your team plays which is gonna be great for master league. Easily the best graphics ever seen in a football game! Player faces can't get much better the look of the shirts is great, fantastic lighting too. Passing shooting and Crossing all improved from last year.

Some people calling this game poor? Just because it's different to FIFA doesn't make it a poor game, your not even giving it a chance.

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #120: Sep 18, 2009 07:16:46 pm
      The main flaws.

1) The player running full sprint look like they're jogging.
      2) The crossing is bad - it never finds the player you want it to and it's like you can't even choose the power or the direction, it just kinda goes where it wants to go.
      3) Passing is too predictable.
      4) When you change direction with a player it doesn't look right, they move in sudden jerks, it doesn't flow properly.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #121: Sep 18, 2009 07:19:30 pm
      Oh and the player ratings don't make sense.

The graphics are very very good though. I just wonder whether they will be that good looking for every team though... I guess not.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #122: Sep 18, 2009 07:34:33 pm
      The ratings are very silly I'll give you that, they don't really make much of a difference for example Torres is still incredible even though his ratings pretty shocking. It's something that can be changed anyway hopefully they will. Got to remember PES will be a later release than FIFA so ther's more time for change.

People saying this is a poor game or some kind of disaster after playing it for maybe one half? Then people are saying stuff like, Fifa retains their title once again after only comparing 5 minute demos. Not only that It's about personal preference isn't it, just because people prefer one to the other doesn't mean FIFA has immediatley made the better game, that's just your opinion.

If your not going to be open minded ther's not much point comparing the two. If people actually played PES for a decent amount of time maybe they'd have a different view.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #123: Sep 18, 2009 07:38:37 pm
      I'm not going to lie, I'm starting to like this game a lot more now. I also prefer the celebrations to Fifa, more realistic.

The aesthetics are extremely good - I think Fifa could be largely improved if it was bright like this game. Simple as that!

The major let down though is the fact it doesn't have the 360 degree movement like Fifa does.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #124: Sep 18, 2009 07:41:30 pm
      Awful
      The demo is simply awful haha
      Running is to robotic, like with the arms etc...

Fifa is better in every department IMO
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #125: Sep 18, 2009 07:45:23 pm
      Nice one Ross, atleast your giving it a fair chance, I love the way the game looks to be honest, the graphics are what's impressed me most.

It does hae 360 movement mate! :laugh: Chuck it in google if you don't believe me!

FIFA is better in every department? Really don't understand that Jonty, Finding the graphics much better than FIFA's at the very least.
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #126: Sep 18, 2009 07:46:12 pm
      Well, the only thing i found good was the kits

period.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #127: Sep 18, 2009 07:49:07 pm
      Awful
      The demo is simply awful haha
      Running is to robotic, like with the arms etc...

Fifa is better in every department IMO
      I agree,played it a lot since yesterday and i was hoping for better but it has dissapointed me.It used to be my favourite game for years but seems to have lost it spark over the last 2 years.The only thing i can say is better is the graphics.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #128: Sep 18, 2009 07:49:25 pm
      Nice one Ross, atleast your giving it a fair chance, I love the way the game looks to be honest, the graphics are what's impressed me most.

It does hae 360 movement mate! :laugh: Chuck it in google if you don't believe me!

FIFA is better in every department? Really don't understand that Jonty, Finding the graphics much better than FIFA's at the very least.

The Fifa movement is far far superior I reckon.

Pro Evo looks wise is very very good, but for me Fifa is still the better game - and I've given Pro Evo a good few plays now.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #129: Sep 18, 2009 08:04:03 pm
      I still see PES as a better looking and better playing game, Have given FIFA a go but I don't think I'll be buying it again. In spite of some flaws PES may have I can't enjoy FIFA as much. See this one as a massive improvement anyway, can't wait to get a master league going next month!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #130: Sep 18, 2009 08:11:34 pm
      I can't wait to get a Premier League going on Fifa ;)

Does Pro-Evo have online play by the way? Guessing it does, but again, I really like the whole EA Sports online thing.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #131: Sep 18, 2009 08:16:37 pm
      Haha! Well we got Champions league and Europa league ! ;) Yer it does they've handed it over to SONY aparantley so they can sort out the lag and that.

Can do the CL, EL and the World Cup too, playing against people like, and the BAL thing. Yeah EA's done a great job with the online stuff, one thing I don't like though is the ratings when you play 10v10, That always bugs me.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #132: Sep 19, 2009 03:26:38 am
      don't really like the demo. it's a bit too much like that Fifa game.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #133: Sep 19, 2009 10:49:13 am
      don't really like the demo. it's a bit too much like that Fifa game.

Pardon?
      TheRedsFan
      • Forum David Johnson

• 219 posts |
      • Nunca Caminaras Solo...Te Amo Liverpool
      Reply #134: Sep 19, 2009 10:05:39 pm
      I kind of liked the demo, the graphics are great, the player look real, the game play have improved,Anfield looks real the menu is better than FIFA, there is a big improvemnt honestly I give it a 7/10....Although FIFA has better graphics and perhaps better game play I cannot get hooked on it the same way I was on PES
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #135: Sep 23, 2009 11:33:36 pm
      Just downloaded the demo now.

So may the shitness begin...
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #136: Sep 24, 2009 12:53:12 am
      Thought it was awful. Played a few games to give it a chance and as soon as i did that, i realised how the last 2 hours was a complete waste of my life.
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #137: Sep 24, 2009 01:00:03 am
      you dedicated 2 hours of your life to the game, you did well there.

i could never spend 2 hours playing Fifa, 20 mins at a push maybe.

Quick Reply