Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Adebayor's Celebration

Read 11309 times
      Teenage Mutant Ninja SKRTEL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Re: Adebayor's Celebration
      Reply #23: Sep 13, 2009 01:32:12 pm
      Quickest ive ever seen him run!!
      Hobesph
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #24: Sep 13, 2009 05:28:46 pm
      Thought the celebration was funny as hell, it's just a shame none of the Arsenal fans in attendance could aim! The stamps just looks worse and worse the more i see it. He'll be getting a ban for that but no extra punishment can be dealt out for the celebration as the ref gave him a yeloow during the game.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #25: Sep 13, 2009 05:41:56 pm
      Against your old club and an "accidental" stamp?

Not so accidental, IMO. Clearly went out there to get Robin van Persie.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #26: Sep 13, 2009 05:42:50 pm
      Course it wasn't accidental, you can tell just from the replays.
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #27: Sep 13, 2009 05:58:56 pm
      Funny how people have double standards though, I watched it (the celebration) with some mates and when Gary Neville did it to us he was "bang out of order and an utter c**t" but Adebayor does it to Arse and it's "hilarious".  Personally, I like it when former players give a bit of stick back, Stevie G's had enough abuse off the mancs for years but got some revenge back at OT last season. Football's too sanitised these days, and you can bet that the people outraged at a players behaviour have dished out abuse to them at some stage. But as someone said previously, we don't want to go back to the bad old days of rioting in stadiums so I accept the way it is now.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #28: Sep 13, 2009 06:07:20 pm
      Fair enough to say that he's a c**t! Remember it was Wenger who first brought him here and it was Arsenal that nurtured him into a footballer he is right now. It was like rubbing salt to the wound. If it's not for Arsenal wonder where he'll end up being? Maybe Belgian league? Total disgrace and no respect for the fans who used to adore him.
      Doddzy89
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 704 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Sep 13, 2009 06:08:44 pm
      I take it the people condoning Adebayor's celebration then didn't have a problem with Gary Neville doing the same thing to us a few years back at the swamp?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #30: Sep 13, 2009 06:09:35 pm
      Just saw the stamp. Hope he gets a ban for that. F***ing disgrace.

Seen it last night on MOTD. Absolute disgrace and I hope he gets severely punished for it. It made me feel sick.

As for his celebration, that wasn't anywhere near as bad as the stamp, but I still think he's a c**t for doing it. Players don't know how blessed they are these days with all the money they're on. A lot of fans leave themselves skint to get to a match and if they're not happy about certain players not pulling their weight for the club they love, then they've got every right to have a moan. The goal should have been enough for him, if he had issue with the Arsenal fans.

Bad sport. And he proved himself to be a proper c**t yesterday.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #31: Sep 13, 2009 06:15:46 pm
      he knows that the gunners fans have bad feelings for him gets a good contract then puts in dismal work ethic. he was trying to provoke. this guys nasty hope the bad karma comes back to bite him
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #32: Sep 13, 2009 06:21:57 pm
      Adebayor's always had a lack of class. As somebody just said, these players don't know how lucky they are, Adebayor demanded a massive pay rise at Arsenal or he'd walk, he didn't care about the club one little bit. This seems to be quite common thesedays, gone are the days of club loyalty bar a few players. He should get a 4 match ban for that stamp as well, that was a dirty trick and needs dealing with harshly.
      Teenage Mutant Ninja SKRTEL
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #33: Sep 13, 2009 06:25:24 pm
      I take it the people condoning Adebayor's celebration then didn't have a problem with Gary Neville doing the same thing to us a few years back at the swamp?

excellent post! didnt think of it like that, puts into perspective really.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #34: Sep 13, 2009 06:55:48 pm
      I thought he was dead F***ing right... I've never laughed so hard... The stomp, intentional or not was in my opinion over exaggerated its a contact sport and lets not all get lovey dovey he didnt do any permenant damage to RVP and we have seen worse...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #35: Sep 13, 2009 07:00:51 pm
      I thought he was dead F***ing right... I've never laughed so hard... The stomp, intentional or not was in my opinion over exaggerated its a contact sport and lets not all get lovey dovey he didnt do any permenant damage to RVP and we have seen worse...

Football is a contact sport. But a clear intentional stamp to someone's head doesn't belong in the game. It's cowardly and thuggish. Just because he didn't do any permanent damage to Van Persie's face, doesn't make it OK.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Sep 13, 2009 07:08:58 pm
      Adebayor is everything that is wrong with football. Wenger took a gamble and helped make him into the player he is, what he did yesterday showed a complete lack of respect for Arsenal and especially Wenger. Remember the only reason he went to City is because he is a greedy b'stard, I remember hearing something about him trying to engineer a last minute move to Utd.

He gives 2 sh'ts about City and if the money disappeared at City so would he. He knew exactly what he was doing to Van Persie yesterday. It was an apalling stamp on a player that is far superior in terms of ability and class.

For his behaviour yesterday he should get a 10 game ban or maybe fine him a couple of million because that probably is the only way of hurting him because it is obvious he is driven purely by money.
      bri1970
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 651 posts |
      Reply #37: Sep 13, 2009 07:20:26 pm
      His celebration was a disgrace but i thought the stamp on Van Persie was even worse,if he doesn't get charged with that i will be suprised.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #38: Sep 13, 2009 08:07:23 pm
      The stamp was disgraceful.  No place for that sort of reaction in the game imo.  RVP is lucky that it didn't crush his cheekbone.  As for the celebration, very stupid.  Someone could have been badly hurt, in fact I heard that a steward was hurt.  The lad is a pr**k, a greedy, self centred, nasty pr**k.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39: Sep 13, 2009 08:12:34 pm
      Reminded me of how that tw*t Neville celebrated in front of us. Except i think Neville had a burger thrown at him :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #40: Sep 13, 2009 08:14:34 pm
      How can people compare the Adebayor celebration with what Gary Neville did TWICE!!

What Gary Neville did was during one of the most heated and passionate games in English football and only did it to prove he's some top manc, even though he's from Bury.

What Adebayor did was because of something that presumably happened at Arsenal last season. Can't say I've ever heard of any serious hatred between Man City and Arsenal in general.

What Adebayor did was probably very spur of the moment, whereas that little rat Neville would of been dreaming of doing what he did for F***ing years.

And yes I thought what Adebayor did was F***ing hilarious. Watching loads of Cockneys getting in a knark is always good for a laugh.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #41: Sep 13, 2009 08:19:35 pm
      How can people compare the Adebayor celebration with what Gary Neville did TWICE!!

What Gary Neville did was during one of the most heated and passionate games in English football and only did it to prove he's some top manc, even though he's from Bury.

What Adebayor did was because of something that presumably happened at Arsenal last season. Can't say I've ever heard of any serious hatred between Man City and Arsenal in general.

What Adebayor did was probably very spur of the moment, whereas that little rat Neville would of been dreaming of doing what he did for f**king years.

And yes I thought what Adebayor did was f**king hilarious. Watching loads of Cockneys getting in a knark is always good for a laugh.

I didn't say it had anything to do with a same situation as to why Neville and Adebayor done it but just that it reminded me of when Neville done it. Either way both players done it to wind up the fans regardless of the passion and hatred involved between the teams.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #42: Sep 13, 2009 08:26:41 pm
      Sorry wasn't even talking about your post king kenny.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #43: Sep 13, 2009 08:30:07 pm
      I know one thing, if we were to play Real Madrid and Alonso scored the winning goal that knocked us out of the champions league and run up to the kop to celebrate like that, it would leave a very bad taste in my mouth. Same applies if in the same hypothetical game he was to stamp on Gerrard for example. Thats my view on it.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #44: Sep 13, 2009 08:33:41 pm
      Sorry wasn't even talking about your post king kenny.

I knew that ::)

:laugh:
      Redders
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #45: Sep 13, 2009 08:49:14 pm

What Adebayor did was probably very spur of the moment, whereas that little rat Neville would of been dreaming of doing what he did for F***ing years.

And yes I thought what Adebayor did was F***ing hilarious. Watching loads of Cockneys getting in a knark is always good for a laugh.

That's a fair point mate. Can't compare the rivalry between us and United to anyone bar the Old Firm.  I didn't have a problem with Neville celebrating fwiw, I'm sure Gerrard would have done the same if it was the other way round, the club means that much to him. It's a bit different when it's a player who used to play for you I suppose. Would be sh*t if Alonso did it to us, though I don't think for a minute he would.

Quick Reply