Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Europa League - who cares?

Read 83459 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Re: The Europa League - who cares?
      Reply #667: Feb 10, 2013 09:48:54 am
      If we win the Europa League where will the posters who don't care go,I have always believed that we should try and win everything we enter.

This for me - simple really Billy, that's what we're here for isn't it?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #668: Feb 10, 2013 10:43:54 am
      This for me - simple really Billy, that's what we're here for isn't it?

It is mate but some of our fans buy into the modern myth that we shouldnt even bother in the UEFA and League Cups.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #669: Feb 10, 2013 11:10:28 am
      Too be fair, whatever team is picked will go out and give it their all. It's not like the lads are ever going to go out with the intention of losing. We can still put out a strong team whilst rotating some key players and giving them a much needed rest.

For example the likes of Shelvey and Allen can come in and do a job. If Coutinho starts playing in the league the likes of Downing and Sterling are going to have more time off. Sturridge can't play in it anyway and Skrtel will most likely rotate with Carra. That's four or five changes already without dramatically weakening the team.

It will also give some of these players a chance to impress, so they will be trying that bit harder. As well as this it can help keep them happy with some match time. Suso is another one who can definitely do a decent job in the Europa.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #670: Feb 11, 2013 11:57:15 am
      Quote from harrydunn08
      I want us to try to win every competition we enter as well.  I just don't want us to do so at the expense of our league campaign. When players are fatigued the likelihood of suffering an injury becomes greater.  Look at Lucas's injury last season - it came in a CC match immediately following a difficult league match against City that he had played the full 90 in.  The challenge he suffered wasn't that bad, but his tired legs couldn't withstand the impact and he blew his ACL. 

So, which do you prioritize?

Neither. Prioritising games has done us no favours this season and won't start doing us favours now.

Lucas was fit enough to start the Chelsea game, like everyone else. He got injured from a challenge, it had nothing to do with the schedule. If he didn't get injured then, he could have got injured in the next game, or 3 months later.

We haven't played for 8 days before tonight, a player could still get injured. Football injuries are completely random. Some of our players get 6 injuries a year, then go a whole season without them. It's pot luck, but they still have to play for the club.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #671: Feb 11, 2013 01:57:13 pm
      Win it for Carra . A nice trophy to end his career.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #672: Feb 11, 2013 02:52:39 pm
      I think at this stage of the season, and considering our position in the Prem. We have to start tonight with our strongest side and make sure we secure 3 points. Then we assess what we have for Thursday, Go for the strongest available again, considering knocks, fatigue, pulls and twists etc. Then move on to next Sunday, and go again. The prem games are must wins to keep the presure on  the bitters and the spuds. We just gotta push on in the Prem as a priority and use who's fit and available when the europa comes around.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #673: Feb 11, 2013 10:19:02 pm
      Its now our only chance to rescue this season.

Now I'm off here to watch Black Mirror.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #674: Feb 11, 2013 10:24:32 pm
      Its now our only chance to rescue this season.

Now I'm off here to watch Black Mirror.

Been staring at a black mirror all night mate, it was a reflection of tonight's game here on the forum and F**k was it dark. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #675: Feb 11, 2013 10:25:06 pm
      We have to win this to at least put a smile back on our faces after a dismal season.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #676: Feb 12, 2013 12:16:09 am
      Screw rotating for this, play our best XI and rotate for the league when Sturridge and Coutinho can play.

If we F**k up against Zenit, our season will be finished before March...
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #677: Feb 12, 2013 06:26:33 am
      Screw rotating for this, play our best XI and rotate for the league when Sturridge and Coutinho can play.

If we f**k up against Zenit, our season will be finished before March...

Agreed.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      Reply #678: Feb 12, 2013 06:35:27 am

If we F**k up against Zenit, our season will be finished before March...

Seconded that! FS lets win something 4 the fans! Thats US.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :aaliverpoolwz0: :aaliverpool2xt1: :ernaehrung004:
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #679: Feb 12, 2013 10:03:21 am

True that, we screw this up and the last few months could be really really long.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #680: Feb 12, 2013 04:45:26 pm
      True that, we screw this up and the last few months could be really really long.

Agree, need to go out and batter these guys. In need of a trip to Amsterdam in May  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      Reply #681: Feb 12, 2013 08:54:50 pm

F***ing aye!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #682: Feb 13, 2013 07:39:53 am

chats I am a firm believer in playing our strongest X1 from the kick off every match,we have been caught out too many times through resting players.Imagine a working man going into a place of work and the boss saying to him such a person will do your job today I think you need a rest,you just sit there and watch him work.If he struggles with the job I might get you to give him a break sometime after dinner.Pride in wearing the RED of Liverpool Football Club should be mandatory at Anfield.REDMEN go out and show us you have got that Pride against Zenit,we cannot afford not to win this competition as there is not much else left to play for this season.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #683: Feb 13, 2013 08:00:34 am
      LFC is always about winning titles and every competition we enter,our aim is to be champions.That's the mentality all the current players and management staffs need to understand about LFC.So,this Europa Cup is very important to win,to raise morale for next season,to raise our profile further throughout the world and to announce that LFC has a squad capable of winning titles again.Last season,we proved that by winning the Carling Cup.Unfortunately,the momentum was stopped unforgivenly.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #684: Feb 13, 2013 11:01:55 am
      How much we earn if we win Europa Cup and how much we earn if we win Super Cup and Club World Cup?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #685: Feb 13, 2013 11:24:45 am
      How much we earn if we win Europa Cup and how much we earn if we win Super Cup and Club World Cup?

I think the European Cup winners go into the Club World Cup - even if they lose the Super Cup.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #686: Feb 13, 2013 11:30:16 am
      We should be concentrating our efforts 100% on this cup now. Top 4 is out of reach and even finishing 5th will be difficult so winning this will be our only hope of playing in Europe next season.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8658 
      Reply #687: Feb 13, 2013 02:01:53 pm

£10 or thereabouts

Fed up now talking about money, how about just being happy winning a trophy getting to have a mad F**k off party in Amsterdam with 30,000 odd scousers, why the F**k does it matter how much money we make, you'll never see any of it!!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #688: Feb 14, 2013 08:36:57 am
      30,000 Liverpool supporters.

In Amsterdam?

Now that sounds F***ing boss to me!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124