Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 14th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P2 W1 D1 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Javier Mascherano
      (4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.3%)
      Fernando Torres
      (50.5%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1%)

Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie

Read 20183 times
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #69: Mar 18, 2010 11:27:38 pm
      The brother was at the match tonight and he said there was groans every time Kuyt got on the ball. To be honest I think he is a disaster on the right.

Must be said Kuyt didn't have a good game but he can nick an goal here and there - just a shame both shots were straight @ their keeper!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #70: Mar 18, 2010 11:29:17 pm
      Well well well. Roughly 20 people viewing this thread and 3 pages of posts. Usually after a poor result the thread is packed to the rafters with posters and the pages be heading for double figures by now. Strange that!

Proper fans here eh  ;)
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #71: Mar 18, 2010 11:31:41 pm
      To the three posters who my opinions rattled.

I'd urge caution not to count your chickens to early as this year we've turned more corners than Nigel Mansell has through 60 laps at Silverstone.

Please don't question my loyality to the club, it's just that some fans still have aspirations! We've had a great week, but lets not forget in the grand scheme of things we've had a very poor season. That is all I'm saying, going by some posts you'd think we don't have a worry in the world and the last two results have put to bed the fickleness of certain supporters.
      Mate I am not counting any chickens just yet,but as usual, when the defensive chains are relaxed,our quality players take the lead,and it usually produces results.But let's not forget,they are not working under the same constraints as the management team,who are expected to keep pulling f*cking rabbits out of hats on Co-op vouchers."When in doubt defend first and attack sometime later,with someone who can find the net"
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #72: Mar 18, 2010 11:45:06 pm
      Well well well. Roughly 20 people viewing this thread and 3 pages of posts. Usually after a poor result the thread is packed to the rafters with posters and the pages be heading for double figures by now. Strange that!

to be honest i think that might have something to do with the fact that after a good uplifting win often many fans will be in party mode and the drink will be flowing so they cant possibly be here. however after a dire miserable loss or uninspiring display you slink back to your hovel to type away on the forum whilst being all dejected and let down kinda thing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Mar 18, 2010 11:47:02 pm
      2nd game in a row now we have scored more than 2, maybe our season is finally going to hit that good note we have been desperate to see.
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #74: Mar 18, 2010 11:49:40 pm
      to be honest I think that might have something to do with the fact that after a good uplifting win often many fans will be in party mode and the drink will be flowing so they cant possibly be here. however after a dire miserable loss or uninspiring display you slink back to your hovel to type away on the forum whilst being all dejected and let down kinda thing.

Good point that - I wasn't out tonight watching match with supporters club (live in North East see).  I will be on Sunday so here's hoping for a result and a reason to celebrate!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #75: Mar 18, 2010 11:52:51 pm
      Just back from the game now.

First 25 minutes we played very well.  Got all the required goals at just the right times in the game.  I never thought Lille would score, but about 40,000 fans thought they might have. ;)

Lucas was my pick of the bunch. Torres took his goals well and can also be exceptionally proud of his performance.

If Lucas and Kuyt were asked to respond to be dropped then Lucas certainly did - as for Kuyt - utterly hopeless.  I expect Rodriguez to come back Sunday.

Two comprehensive wins in the space of 74 hours?  I'll have more of that.

If last week was terrible this week has been a huge improvement.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Mar 18, 2010 11:54:03 pm

Very Strange.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #77: Mar 18, 2010 11:55:46 pm
      Two wins from an abysmal season playing in the Europa cup, struggling for fourth and now we're on board the SS Shankly.

FFS How fickle are football fans ;D!

Jump off if you like. Ill give ya a push.

Do you really need to put a downer on everything? So F***ing negative :roll: I was in a good mood, still am but i just hate seeing posts like that attacking us, who are doing what all fans should do and rejoicing in our win. It was a good win. Enjoy it. Crack a smile. For once!

Oh well, im on board the SS Shankly. Always have been ;)

How was the atmosphere JD? Sounded okay on the commentary i listened to, but that was just through the computer.
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #78: Mar 19, 2010 12:00:37 am
      Liverpool FC
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #79: Mar 19, 2010 12:00:37 am
      lucas was my man of the match on account of the fact he was a different player all of a sudden. was it really Gerrard that said he could play further up the field? ha ha brilliant. like many i didnt like the idea of seeing the two defensive and holding midfielders but especially in the first half that definately not what we got. was good to see him being like that and he obviously loved it.

agger would be second in line for motm and he was great. i still have a lot of respect and time for carra but god im loving the fact we have skrtel and agger in our defence. im gutted that skrtel is out but look forward to his return. i think out best defensive line would be derived from Carra, Skrtel, Agger and Johnson (in no particular order)
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #80: Mar 19, 2010 12:01:43 am
      Have you actually seen any of our games this season apart from tonight.

Just playing Devils Advocate!! I think the stats WOULD prove Lucas to be the most consistant player this season.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #81: Mar 19, 2010 12:06:34 am
      Notice the difference in performance compared to Portsmouth?

I did. Was a lot more disjointed and laboured. Not much fluency and endeavour. Also, Kuyt was playing. Unlike Lucas, he didn't react to being dropped against Pompey. Kuyt is a liability to the team at this present moment in time and needs a long rest in my opinion.

Was also bit pissed off Rafa didn't change things when they were creeping into the game by our uselessness at putting together some decent attacks, midway through the second half. And ultimately inviting unnecessary pressure on ourselves, even though Lille couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

But shove all that constructive criticism aside and we basically got the job done, albeit with the smoothness and style of a dog up a tree.

Scored goals at vital times, defended when called upon and didn't leave Torres too isolated.

Into the quarter finals we go!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #82: Mar 19, 2010 12:06:34 am
      To the three posters who my opinions rattled.

That SS Shankly line amused me.  You're certainly not fooling me with your motivation behind posting.

The Kop sang Rafa Benitez before the game, and after every goal tonight.

Looks like a lot of people at the game are also aboard the SS Shankly.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #83: Mar 19, 2010 12:11:26 am
      I just remembered they have the two extra referees.

When Torres scored Liverpool's second goal, I was like 'Woah, why is  the keeper standing out of his goal in the replay?'. Then I noticed it wasn't the keeper, ;D.

Good win, that. Four goals in two games for Nando just in time for Sunday!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #84: Mar 19, 2010 12:11:41 am
      Voted for Fernando Torres for MOTM.

Thought Lucas had a brilliant first half but we didn't see as much of him second half.

As for Torres - if he hadn't been playing tonight God only knows what may have happened. He was the definition of the word clinical.

It's amazing how he just never seems to buckle under the pressure. There was a lot riding on that chance at the end and what does he do? Stick it in the back of the net of course.

Really is a special player.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #85: Mar 19, 2010 12:11:55 am

Brian!!Hope your not implying that all the negative F*****rs find it hard to come on and say anything GOOD about the team.Naughty Naughty. :f_whistle:
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 01:22:20 am by crouchinho »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #86: Mar 19, 2010 12:15:45 am
      Just finished re-watching the game, good win, some notable performances.  Not the night for bringing the mood down and talking about individual performances, save the retrospection for later on.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #87: Mar 19, 2010 12:16:08 am
      Kinda wonder how we lost to them in France.

Saw the highlights and their defending isn't really one of their strenghts, is it?
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #88: Mar 19, 2010 12:18:13 am
      I know people are saying that the performance wasn't as fluid as the Pompey game but this Lille side were a decent side, they like to get the ball down and play. I think that it is a better result than what some people might think.

Is it just me or did Insua give a slightly better performance than the last few months. Still looks dodgy for long periods but made some crucial interceptions tonight, best I've seen him play for a while anyway.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #89: Mar 19, 2010 12:23:32 am
      Kinda wonder how we lost to them in France.

Saw the highlights and their defending isn't really one of their strenghts, is it?

Pretty much cos we were sh*te in France mate :D
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #90: Mar 19, 2010 12:26:58 am
      is it possible to be drawn against benfica in the quarters to then meet valencia in the semi's and possibly meet atletico in the final?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #91: Mar 19, 2010 12:31:52 am
      is it possible to be drawn against benfica in the quarters to then meet valencia in the semi's and possibly meet atletico in the final?

Find out tomorrow mate ;)

Quick Reply