Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Fernando Torres (host of clubs)

Read 58214 times
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Fernando Torres (host of clubs)
      Reply #621: Jul 27, 2010 09:59:53 am
      Yanks and Purslime - read this and read it good!

If you sell Torres all hell will break loose from the fans, you think we were making life difficult on you before? Wait til you see what's in store if you sell him.
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #622: Jul 27, 2010 10:10:12 am
      Yanks and Purslime - read this and read it good!

If you sell Torres all hell will break loose from the fans, you think we were making life difficult on you before? Wait til you see what's in store if you sell him.

there will be rioting in the streets of merseyside
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #623: Jul 27, 2010 10:15:25 am
      We shouldnt even consider selling him to a premier league team! Thats a F***ing joke
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #624: Jul 27, 2010 10:30:27 am
      If the worse does happen and we end up selling Masch and Torres, then a boycott of the games has to be a option.  Cause lets face it, you can show your anger as much as you like, but if the ground is sold out, they yanks wont give a flying toss.

I have a good feeling though that he will stay and give the club the benefit of the doubt for one more season.  Sit him in a room with King Kenny and let them talk.

I just want this nightmare to be over.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #625: Jul 27, 2010 10:31:43 am
      If the worse does happen and we end up selling Masch and Torres, then a boycott of the games has to be a option.  Cause lets face it, you can show your anger as much as you like, but if the ground is sold out, they yanks wont give a flying toss.

I have a good feeling though that he will stay and give the club the benefit of the doubt for one more season.  Sit him in a room with King Kenny and let them talk.

Couldnt agree more - the protests have to be upped if Nando goes, not the old shirt burning, but a complete boycott
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #626: Jul 27, 2010 10:32:58 am
      Me thinks all this Nando sh*t is making the forum a tad hysterical.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #627: Jul 27, 2010 10:35:39 am
      don't think its up to the club,if he wants to go then the ball is in his court.
      if the reports are true then it shows how fickle footballers are.the only lads who really show any loyalty are the local lads.it shows with mascherano that the big name players from abroad don't give a damn about the club when things don't go so well.
      if torres wants to go then everyone will know its him who wanted to leave.so basically either put a transfer request in or put the dummy back in your mouth!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #628: Jul 27, 2010 10:38:29 am
      If Torres goes it answers us a few things, there is no takeover in the forseeable future, he is not happy with the transfer targets and he maybe not happy with the appointment of Hodgson.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #629: Jul 27, 2010 10:43:27 am
      It is up to the club he has a contract we could turn around and say fck you like in the old days and dump him in the reserves to suck on that dummy for a while , either way it is up to us very similar if reports are true :f_whistle: to the ronaldo episode they got another year out of him when he wanted out ,the difference with us is the wankers in charge with the dollar signs in the eye.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #630: Jul 27, 2010 10:47:59 am

In all honesty, match boycotts are the only thing that will work now, even before Torres and Mascherano have potentially gone.

Whether or not they both stay, or both go, we still need rid of these cancerous owners. And boycotts are the only way we are going to affect them in a way that they will actually sit up and take note.

It disappoints me to think that it would take Fernando Torres being sold for that larger majority of fans to sit up and take note at how bad our situation is. We really are there, and anyone who is too blind to actually acknowledge how bad a hole we are in cannot be called a Liverpool fan. Hicks and Gillett are still killing this club.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #631: Jul 27, 2010 11:44:42 am
      if im right didnt torres say last season that it would be ok if we didnt make CL im sure he did but enlight me on this if im wrong YNWA
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #632: Jul 27, 2010 11:46:01 am
      if im right didnt torres say last season that it would be ok if we didnt make CL im sure he did but enlight me on this if im wrong YNWA

I do recall him saying the Europa league was just as important..
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #633: Jul 27, 2010 11:47:23 am

Yes he did say that in a interview
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #634: Jul 27, 2010 11:52:32 am
      If City secure Balotelli will they end their interest in Torres then? Latest news they're closing in on a £30m move for Balotelli. May that end all talk on Torres leaving! Even if it isn't unsettling him, it definitely is unsettling me.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #635: Jul 27, 2010 12:08:54 pm
      Does anyone think that Nando is just trying to put more pressure on the owners and the board to make moves and make sure they sell the club? I just can't believe Nando would leave us after one bad season. I hope/pray that he is trying to be clever little Spaniard and help the club out by getting the best out of our situation.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #636: Jul 27, 2010 12:14:05 pm
      For all we know Nanado has probably said he is staying, but our owners are hoping that they can de stabilise the club and Nando by not telling us.  I just think the owners are hoping that they get one big offer and they will accept it.  Keep the 70 million and still demand and stupid price for the club, plus with t he other 25million plus for Masch, they will be rubbing there hands.  And there is nothing we can do about it.

I just would like to know what the RBS's take on this is, as surely if they sell Torres and MAsch then the value of the club drops and we then end up in a situation where the club owes more than its worth.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #637: Jul 27, 2010 12:27:26 pm
      Meanwhile, Liverpool have rubbished reports yesterday suggesting a deal was in place to sell Fernando Torres to Chelsea. The club’s summer-long stance that the striker is not for sale remains unchanged and Hodgson is confident he will soon commit his future.

liverpool echo
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #638: Jul 27, 2010 12:32:48 pm
      I just think the media are trying to engineer a move, they can see Liverpool is a club in trouble and you know how the media loves to stick the knife in.  Its funny how the scum are never mentioned and they are in more sh*t than we are.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #639: Jul 27, 2010 12:42:43 pm
      don't think its up to the club,if he wants to go then the ball is in his court.
      if the reports are true then it shows how fickle footballers are.the only lads who really show any loyalty are the local lads.it shows with mascherano that the big name players from abroad don't give a damn about the club when things don't go so well.
      if torres wants to go then everyone will know its him who wanted to leave.so basically either put a transfer request in or put the dummy back in your mouth!

Or maybe thats just the way the picture is being painted, so people direct the anger away from the real F***ing culprit, one shithouse c**t by the name of C. Purslow, and are now starting to blame Nando for saying nothing and by the looks of some of the posts about Nando it's working !!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #640: Jul 27, 2010 01:34:29 pm
      What exactly is that clown Purslow saying he is doing all the wheeling and dealing in the transfer market and has yet to give an interview. A business man running the football side, sad times indeed.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #641: Jul 27, 2010 01:36:57 pm
      I'm still confident he's staying.

Btw, this is just one thing you have to put up with as a liverpool fan. The media hate us. Why? Because many of them are ex players who played for United or Everton or Spurs or Villa etc who were all in our shadow majorly when they were playing. They watched us dominate football and now they've become pundits and/or work for the media so they have their chance at revenge.

I'm still to see any official quotes from Gerrard or Torres about leaving, but every summer, apparently they want to go.
      It always takes the player to officially come out and say they're staying, to end the speculation.

Huge transfer stories are big news, and papers sell by the millions when they have a back page like: TORRES: I WANT TO GO etc.

As far as i know, the last official bit of news we've had from Torres himself is the picture of him with the world cup and the liverpool scarf draped over his shoulders.

When you see a story that says he's told hodgson he wants CL football next season, it's all made up. Why haven't they got an official source for it? If it were true they'd be able to have a source showing how legit it all is.

I won't be worried until he actually says to either lfc.tv or BBC that he wants to leave.
      Until then, I assume he's committed to our club
      dodgy
      • Forum Ian St John

• 426 posts | 14 
      Reply #642: Jul 27, 2010 01:38:05 pm
      Look well if he stops ,few people may look stupid
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,497 posts | 2868 
      Reply #643: Jul 27, 2010 01:49:13 pm
      I have to say I'm disgusted at some posts in this thread having a go at Torres.

Never has he said he wants to go or never has he said he 'just wants Champions League football'.

So those telling him 'to get some F***ing steel' etc. need to get a grip. The last clue we had was him in with the World Cup trophy and a Liverpool scarf. Guess lots of people have forgotten that already.

Quick Reply