Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

May I dare a little optimism??

Read 7099 times
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: May I dare a little optimism??
      Reply #46: Jun 06, 2010 05:03:38 pm
      We still have a very good team with some amazingly talented youngsters waiting in the wings for their chances.I believe if we get a manger like Hodgson then I am sure we would see the clearance of dead-wood from the squad and their replacement with these young players who are just waiting to seize their moment.We would hopefully see the return of free-flowing football with two strikers playing upfront and a couple of attacking wingers who can dance,dribble and trick their way to some breath-taking goals.I hope Gerrard decides to give the new manager at least one season to prove himself and not follow the example of Owen.As much as I hate Rafa leave,I think change was the way forward as we had got quite predictable and unimaginative as a team.
      Tasonga
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 198 posts | -8 
      Reply #47: Jun 06, 2010 07:03:57 pm
      We still have a very good team with some amazingly talented youngsters waiting in the wings for their chances.I believe if we get a manger like Hodgson then I am sure we would see the clearance of dead-wood from the squad and their replacement with these young players who are just waiting to seize their moment.We would hopefully see the return of free-flowing football with two strikers playing upfront and a couple of attacking wingers who can dance,dribble and trick their way to some breath-taking goals.I hope Gerrard decides to give the new manager at least one season to prove himself and not follow the example of Owen.As much as I hate Rafa leave,I think change was the way forward as we had got quite predictable and unimaginative as a team.

agreed. rafa leaving might give youngsters and his not favourites a chance to prove themself.

On a side note i pray to god that I will never see kuyt as a rm for us anymore.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Jun 07, 2010 08:13:25 am
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/10237268.stm

"Manchester United's owners are £1.1bn in debt - £400m more than previously known - after borrowing extensively against their shopping mall business.

BBC Panorama has found evidence that the Glazer family's debt levels may threaten their hold on the club.

A spokesman for the American family has said it holds more than £2bn in assets.

But the extent of the debt owed by the Glazers is likely to fuel a continuing revolt by some supporters, who oppose their ownership of the club."

Yes.
      We could be worse. We could be in the doo as deep as the Manure.

Panorama BBC. 22.35 Tuesday June 8th.
      « Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010 09:20:01 am by eurored »
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #49: Jun 07, 2010 08:34:50 am

Why is there a safe in there with £500 mill in it??
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #50: Jun 07, 2010 08:36:02 am
      That's the F***ing spirit we need these days. F**k off.

Reina

Skrtel         Dagger
      Johnson                                  Insua

Mascherano
              Gerrard                Aquilani

Maxi                            Babel
                          Torres

Does look good to me, that.

This.

We have the players to implement this formation and I'd love to see it more often.

Or just keep the same formation but push the wingers up field and drop the fullbacks back a bit.

I said a few weeks ago that this team is potentially title-winning the way it is and I stick by it.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #51: Jun 07, 2010 08:38:35 am
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/10237268.stm

Yes.
      We could be worse. We could be in the doo as deep as the Manure.

Panorama BBC.
      You are correct they make our problems look like a walk in the park
      but they have a couple of ace cards we don't the main being a cue of people that want to buy them!
      Whereas we only have a chocolate monkey on a stick in our cue!!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #52: Jun 07, 2010 08:51:29 am
      That's the f**king spirit we need these days. F**k off.

Reina

Skrtel         Dagger
      Johnson                                  Insua

Mascherano
              Gerrard                Aquilani

Maxi                            Babel
                          Torres

Does look good to me, that.

That team actually looks really good as a starting 11 . Replace Insua with an experienced left back and Babel with Turan and then sell deadwood reserves and promote the likes of Nemeth and Pacheco and we're good to go for the next season.  I am optimistic that Gerrard , Torres and Masch will be here next season !
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #53: Jun 07, 2010 10:45:06 am
      Optimism?

Four new statues appear on North of Seaforth - one looks short and stumpy, one big and fat, one looks weasley, and the last looks like a smug git with a blue scarf. All looked shocked, as though they had been rectally violated with a bogbrush.

Now, that's optimism :)

Quick Reply