Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Loic Remy (Nice)

Read 29091 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Loic Remy (Nice)
      Reply #207: Jul 22, 2010 10:08:56 am
      Liverpool make player-swap offer for Nice striker - Exclusive
      ......The Kop are still counting their cash despite the better news of landing Joe Cole on a free transfer - and Hodgson wants to spend what he has on two new left backs after selling Emiliano Insua and losing Fabio Aurelio.

Liverpool have asked Nice if they would take the player exchanges and have also pleaded to be given more time to come up with the cash, but they are running out of time to have Remy eligible for their Europa League qualifiers......

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Reds-make-player-swap-offer-for-Nice-striker-Loic-Remy-Exclusive-article533135.html

So we need two Left Backs and we want Remy and all with a kitty that's sitting at £6m (ish) .....good luck with that one Roy.

When i mention £6m (ish) i am, of course, assuming the £6.5m from the sale of Doss & Voro has, er, disappeared - if not then we may have as much as £12.5m at our disposal, with which, to buy two Left Backs and Remy........good luck with that one Roy.

I guess it all boils down to Purslow's powers of persuasion then - can he convince Nice that; if they take El Zhar and Plessis now, then he'll throw the rest 'round when he sells Masch?  >:D

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2010 10:38:24 am by bad boy bubby »
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #208: Jul 22, 2010 01:18:36 pm
      A little bit more on Loic Remy and reports suggest the Nice striker would prefer a move to Arsenal as they are the Premier League club he supports! skysports on the transfer centre.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #209: Jul 22, 2010 01:32:28 pm
      Don't think we will go for him to be honest. We havn't made a bid but the player wants a move to Liverpool and the agent is urging Hodgson to make a bid, Hodgson hasn't said that he is interested in the player and I doubt he knows much about him.

Going off interviews, Hodgson doesn't seem to know much about most peoples we are being linked to. Maybe its a cover?
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #210: Jul 22, 2010 02:24:42 pm
      Not sure about this lad. £13-14 million? A bit much for a player basically unknown. Ive watched a few vids on youtube and i admit he looks the part but who doesn't on youtube.

Next Henry they say, i think they are losing the run of themselves there. Henry is a french cheat legend so he has big shoes to fill there. I seen one of his celebrations and he copies Henry that's what the comparison must be.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #211: Jul 22, 2010 02:39:55 pm
      Less than £10 mil more like it. Remember good 'ol Kuyt cost £9 mil, so anymore expensive than that has to be someone better and with good credentials.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #212: Jul 22, 2010 04:59:49 pm
      He hardly blows youtube away though. I never seen so little on a player commanding such a large fee on youtube. No compilation or anything.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #213: Jul 22, 2010 05:48:23 pm
      He hardly blows youtube away though. I never seen so little on a player commanding such a large fee on youtube. No compilation or anything.
      True i had to go digging for one. I found one when he scored twice against Lorient i think it was, it was highlights of the game and about 8 mins long. Watched it all ( sad i know ) and he looked decent. Pacey, nice touch and two impressive finishes. But it was against a piss poor side so....
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #214: Jul 22, 2010 05:51:43 pm
      Ya kenny even the most F***ing average player, has compilations all over you tube, to be honest that worries me a small bit as well.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #215: Jul 22, 2010 06:00:04 pm
      ^^And I'm sure City/Chelsea would be all over him if he was as good as they say. He is one of them players you have to take a chance on like Henry, Arsenal paid £11m and look what happened next. We tried it with Cisse and got the raw deal. Will Roy take a chance with this fella? with the budget he has i doubt it.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #216: Jul 22, 2010 06:02:41 pm
      We also bought Babel for 10 million ...
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #217: Jul 22, 2010 06:03:50 pm
      We also bought Babel for 10 million ...
      Another raw deal so far.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #218: Jul 22, 2010 10:49:22 pm
      Next Henry they say, I think they are losing the run of themselves there. Henry is a french cheat legend so he has big shoes to fill there. I seen one of his celebrations and he copies Henry that's what the comparison must be.

Is it just me or is this a title being awarded to any young, black, French striker nowadays who shows even the smallest bit of promise? I hate these labels because its rare that the players who get them live up to their hype!!
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #219: Jul 22, 2010 11:37:57 pm
      Is it just me or is this a title being awarded to any young, black, French striker nowadays who shows even the smallest bit of promise? I hate these labels because its rare that the players who get them live up to their hype!!

I agree. Babel, Remy and even Oberton from manure have all been labeled as the next "henry" I dont think we should be getting caught in the hype of who these players are supposed to be reminding us of.   
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #220: Jul 23, 2010 01:09:39 am
      Hodgson has also offered pint-sized jinker Nabil El Zhar and midfield irrelevance Damien Plessis as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Loïc Rémy, the equivalent of Dixons agreeing to take your worthless 1970s fridge away when they finally deliver the new one.
      http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jul/22/football-transfer-rumours

;D Have to admit, this made me laugh.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #221: Jul 23, 2010 01:14:46 am
      People also forget that Henry was a winger when he arrived at the Arse and it was Wenger that turned him into a striker.

Personally i think this Remy fella might be alright to add a bit of depth, he certainly looks more capable than N'Gog, but i agree the fee is a bit steep.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #222: Jul 23, 2010 01:24:43 am
      People also forget that Henry was a winger when he arrived at the Arse and it was Wenger that turned him into a striker.

Whats your point though? I thought Remy was an out and out striker?
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #223: Jul 23, 2010 01:29:55 am
      Take Plessis, Degen, El Zhar and 5 mill for him? Then get in some F***ing left backs!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #224: Jul 23, 2010 01:30:05 am
      Whats your point though? I thought Remy was an out and out striker?

Remy is an out and out striker, Henry wasn't until later on. I guess my point is that they seem to be a different style of player. Or maybe it's just me.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #225: Jul 23, 2010 01:36:35 am
      Remy is an out and out striker, Henry wasn't until later on. I guess my point is that they seem to be a different style of player. Or maybe it's just me.

Oh, are you saying this to the people claiming he is coming from a crap French league? Otherwise, i am lost as to why you are talking about Henry ;D. Not getting at you mate, just trying to understand.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #226: Jul 23, 2010 01:36:57 am
      It says on wikipedia that he primarily plays in the lead striker role, but he also operates in the winger and attacking midfield positions, actually :P
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #227: Jul 23, 2010 01:39:37 am
      It says on wikipedia that he primarily plays in the lead striker role, but he also operates in the winger and attacking midfield positions, actually :P

Oh la de da!! :D smart arse.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #228: Jul 23, 2010 01:40:51 am
      To be fair, I only found that out 2 hours ago too :laugh:
      I know sh*t about this guy.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      Reply #229: Jul 23, 2010 01:42:53 am
      To be fair, I only found that out 2 hours ago too :laugh:
      I know sh*t about this guy.

You should be rubbing it in my face.

Quick Reply