Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Is Roy the Right Man for Liverpool FC? (added 9 September 2010)

Yes
      (7.3%)
      No
      (80.2%)
      Undecided
      (12.5%)

Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)

Read 514608 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Is Roy The Right Man? (Vote)
      Reply #6440: Dec 07, 2010 09:46:48 pm
      Your clearly on a wind up Gazza because any Liverpool with half a brain can see the team that Hodgson inherited is a hell of a lot stronger than the team Rafa inherited.

I'll refresh your memory or maybe you weren't following us in 2004.

Traore, Biscan, Cheyrou, Le Tallec, Diao, El Diouf, Baros, Pongolle just to name a few.

Andy Gray hates Liverpool what is your excuse for clearly stating a lie.

Interesting to see the knee jerking fans coming out again supporting Hodgson, they will go missing again when we lose our next away game.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6441: Dec 07, 2010 09:55:20 pm
      Ah the child that is corbally turns up for his usual pop making himself look a tit. Suggest you go through the full squad young man think you will be very surprised at the actual quality Gerrad left. Infect it had enough quality to win the CL. Alas I cannot say the same for our present team.

Fowler, Owen, KeweL, Heskey, Smicer, Hypia, Cisse, Risse, Dudek, Finnan actually Biscan was quite a legend on the Kop IGOR!!!!!!! Had some spectacular games. Hardly crap players.
      Although I didn't like Baros he had flair and wouldnt swap him for babel or NGog. So I stick by what I say.

Oh I forgot Hamann but he was sh*t wasn't he.....
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6442: Dec 07, 2010 09:57:31 pm
      Edit and Gerrard and Cara but they sh*t also surely.......
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #6443: Dec 07, 2010 09:59:10 pm

I'll refresh your memory or maybe you weren't following us in 2004.

Traore, Biscan, Cheyrou, Le Tallec, Diao, El Diouf, Baros, Pongolle just to name a few.

Wait, hang on, but they are Champions League winners! Who are you comparing them to? Agger, Skrtel, Sotis, Glen, Lucas, Babel & Kuyt? These players still haven't won anything :P
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6444: Dec 07, 2010 09:59:43 pm
      Aquilani Mascherano Reina Gerrard Torres Johnson Maxi Carragher Skrtel and Agger and that is before Cole came in as well.

Much much stronger than Houllier team, you need a bit of a history lesson as well Gazza Fowler was long gone after been stabbed in the back by Houllier and Thompson.

You really don't have a clue do you Gazza, your clearly either a wind up merchant or just clueless.

Your obviously taking the piss number 7 as well because Traore, Biscan and Cheyrou have a champions league medal means they were good players is that what your really saying
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6445: Dec 07, 2010 10:05:08 pm
      Corbally you are funny, haha but again making yourself look foolish. I apologise for the fowler glitch was thinking of the resigning my bad. But will point out your critical mistakes hopefully you will acknowlege your mistakes also.

Gerrard and Carra are Geds, IMO Hamman brought more to the side than Masch I.e. Goals as well as organisation. Johnson can't defend whereas Finnan was a spectacular defender and good going forward.

So I will now do your trick which you seem fond of doing...., so you telling me Agger and Skrtel are better than Sami surely your a WUM and a manc in disguise.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6446: Dec 07, 2010 10:06:09 pm
      Your obviously taking the piss number 7 as well because Traore, Biscan and Cheyrou have a champions league medal means they were good players is that what your really saying

Surely he's saying Rafa must be one hell of a manager to make such a pile of mediocrity Champions League winners.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #6447: Dec 07, 2010 10:07:09 pm
      IMO Hamman brought more to the side than Masch I.e. Goals as well as organisation. Johnson can't defend whereas Finnan was a spectacular defender and good going forward.

Barcelona disagree with you, but who are they?
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6448: Dec 07, 2010 10:15:52 pm
      Barcelona disagree with you, but who are they?

Not played much didn't figure in the Madrid match neither. Can't see him ousting iniesta either. Thing is Masch is a destroyer think the St described him a a horrible player. Now he meant that as nothing but a tackler didn't create didn't score just destroyed.

Sorry but that's not Liverpool or Barcelona type of player. Will watch his career at Barca to see how he does, but if you don't need him playing your biggest rivals when do they need a destroyer. I thought the signing was bizarre.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6449: Dec 07, 2010 10:18:32 pm
      So a 31 year old Hamman was better than the Argentina 26 year old captain in his prime, while I liked Finnan, I think Johnson gives more going forward. Hyypia was also 31 while Hodgson was blessed to have inherited 2 good centre halves in their mid twenties.

You've compared two players what about the pile of sh*t I listed, you probably never even heard of half them have you because there is no F***ing way you saw them play if you thought they are better than what we have now.

The Biscan comment shows how little you F***ing know, Houllier paid £5.5 million for him, he was a F***ing disaster. Ya he became a cult figure at the end due to the fans feeling sorry for him and he giving his all in matches. Played about 3 good games for Liverpool all in the Champions league.

Look then at the fringe players Rafa left Maxi, Sortis, Lucas and Ngog for a combined total of £8.5 million what a sh*t manager he was.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6450: Dec 07, 2010 10:24:53 pm
      The Biscan comment shows you never went to the match lad, he was a cult in the Kop the guy would tackle a brick wall and was thick as sh*t but had F***ing great heart and his name was sang many a time on th kop, even Walton will tell you that.

And yes Hamann was better in my opinion and we got rid to soon.

There is arguing a point and trying to argue a point just because of who the poster is which you seem to be doing, which I take a wild guess in the majority of readers on here will be wise to.

Stop being a tit.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6451: Dec 07, 2010 10:29:27 pm
      The Biscan comment shows you never went to the match lad, he was a cult in the Kop the guy would tackle a brick wall and was thick as sh*t but had F***ing great heart and his name was sang many a time on th kop, even Walton will tell you that.

Off topic, but the legend that was Igor Biscan was playing last week on ITV4 for Dinamo Zagreb. - He got sent off for deliberate handball. Great save though!

Carry on :)

gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6452: Dec 07, 2010 10:30:31 pm
      Off topic, but the legend that was Igor Biscan was playing last week on ITV4 for Dinamo Zagreb. - He got sent off for deliberate handball. Great save though!

Carry on :)

Haha loved the guy always looked like he was surprised, but wouldn't want a 50/50 with him

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6453: Dec 07, 2010 10:30:45 pm
      No your actually the first Liverpool fan I've talked to that thinks that and I've talked to a hell of a lot,  and I have to ask myself with your past posts why do you state something that is blatantly not true.

Wouldn't mind a poll to see what people think but think my view would win by a landslide a bit like is Hodgson the right man.

But then if you had not seen Liverpool on a regular bases at that time your only going on what you read in the Hodgson biased British media and things idiots like Andy Gray say. So maybe your not a WUM you just don't have a great memory or you didn't follow the club then.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6454: Dec 07, 2010 10:37:30 pm
      Grow up man, you seem to read posts and just disregard peoples views and make up your own.

Fact. Never have said Roy is the right man so why do you keep implying that I want him here.Fact I have asked for some sort of respect why he is here which I believe all Liverpool managers deserve.

As for IGOR hahah he was a legend now that lad could tackle, yep sometimes two weeks to late but with his puzzled look always seemed to get away with it than most, don't need a poll to tell me what I saw with my own eyes.

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6455: Dec 07, 2010 10:42:17 pm
      You stating a view the large majority of Liverpool fans that have been following the club for years would completely disagree with.

I just bewildered by your view to be honest but everyone is entitled to there opinion.

I'm sure a poll on here would show which view is more widely accepted. Biscan was sh*te in fairness to him he did give 100% when he played just look completely out of his depth. 
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6456: Dec 07, 2010 10:52:35 pm
      On topic please.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #6457: Dec 07, 2010 10:54:24 pm
      No. Nope. Nah. Never
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #6458: Dec 07, 2010 10:59:51 pm

So basically you don't think he's the right man for the job :laugh:
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #6459: Dec 07, 2010 11:17:08 pm
      I think the Andy Gray comments just echo how the press/media feel about Roy.  They love him for some reason.  I've yet to see one of the big rags actually have a pop at the way sets up his largely international standard team to defend deep, hold on to what they have, like ...... Fulham!!  Again, as a few people have pointed out, these people are happy that Liverpool are now mid table material. 

I think it's ludicrous to go ahead against poor teams and then just sit back and try to protect what you have.  Especially when we do it, we look more vulnerable.  This squad is capable of much much more than we are seeing now and that is largely down to the manager being far too cautious and respectful of poor opposition.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #6460: Dec 08, 2010 12:48:25 am
      Just seen the Sky post-match interview from Monday. I know obviously we had a poor in the past and it may sound simplistic but...

Its a sad day when a Liverpool manager is asked about going for the title and he and the interviewers laugh straight after its asked because they all know its so unlikely.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6461: Dec 08, 2010 01:25:10 am
      Not normally I agree with Andy Gray or Houllier but the team Rafa inherited is far superior than the one a roy did. We won that final inspite of Rafa rather than because of him let's not be blinded.

Ha..haha......hahahahaha!

That's a load of claptrappin' hogwash.

Did make me laugh though. Thanks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #6462: Dec 08, 2010 02:27:47 am
      Ah the child that is corbally turns up for his usual pop making himself look a tit. Suggest you go through the full squad young man think you will be very surprised at the actual quality Gerrad left. Infect it had enough quality to win the CL. Alas I cannot say the same for our present team.

Fowler, Owen, KeweL, Heskey, Smicer, Hypia, Cisse, Risse, Dudek, Finnan actually Biscan was quite a legend on the Kop IGOR!!!!!!! Had some spectacular games. Hardly crap players.
      Although I didn't like Baros he had flair and wouldnt swap him for babel or NGog. So I stick by what I say.

Oh I forgot Hamann but he was sh*t wasn't he.....

Nice try!!

You don't half talk some sh*t at times, you sure you're not a bluenose on a wind-up, when exactly was Biscan a F***ing legend on the kop, I and several other lads in 208 were reguarly singing Biscan to the old 60's batman tune and it wasn't meant as a tribute. FFS he played one decent game and that was Deportivo away after Gerard left!!

Kewell was a walking injury

Fowler had already been shipped out by Houllier in 2001!!

Dudek has been replaced by a better keeper, who complained of being a slave in 2006 lets not forget.

Heskey was sold by Houllier a couple of days before he left the club.

Owen had already made up his mind to F**k off to Madrid and if he was so insistent on signing a new contract, how come for the previous 12 months had his agent been on a sabbatical everytime Rick Parry was trying to sort his contract out!

No F***ing way was it a better squad than what soft arse has been left with - no matter what You, Richard Keys or Andy Gray claim and yes i did watch the replay of the game last night and heard them cu*ts come out with that sh*t!

Quick Reply