Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

BREAKING: Hicks and Son are at Deutsche Bank in NY

Read 38712 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: BREAKING: Hicks and Son are at Deutsche Bank in NY
      Reply #138: Sep 22, 2010 08:32:09 am
      Just checked on FB and fans are battering them with emails from as far as Singapore, Adelaide and Sydney  ;D

Quality. The Liverpool family fighting back.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #139: Sep 22, 2010 08:34:40 am
      Mine has just been sent three times with 3 different titles!!! Lets get rid of these t*ssers once and for all!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #140: Sep 22, 2010 08:37:45 am

:gt-happyup:  Well done mate.  United we stand.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #141: Sep 22, 2010 08:53:58 am
      Wrote my own little spiel, focusing more on hopefully showing how much we do not want this man at our club. If even one person reads it (highly unlikely i guess) then at least one of them have seen my message and warning.

And greater, it is still another email to add to the others they will see flying in anyways.

Hi there,

Now by now im sure you are aware of the many emails from dedicated reds around the world. No doubt all explaining the financial implications of Hicks being allowed refinancing on his deal for Liverpool Football Club. So need i go through it again? No, i do not believe i need to go into the financial mumbo jumbo, as although important as i said, by now if you are taking notice of the emails you know.

What i wanna beg of you is just from a passionate fans point of view. I want you to know that this club, yes a CLUB, not a franchise. This is a club, one of the most highly successful sporting institutions to grace the entire earth in the history of mankind. One built on the traditions of honesty, hard work, and to stop at nothing for success. Yet, Hicks and his little buddy Gillette have completely stripped Liverpool of the ability to be successful. They have broken the tradition of honesty by repeatedly lying to us fans whom all we ask is that they keep Liverpool going successfully. Really, it isn't too much to ask. But they lie about funds for players, the lie about funds for our new stadium that they PROMISED, amongst many many other things.

All this because they have as much knowledge of how to run a business in sports as my left toe has. They are useless, Hicks has no idea whatsoever about what he is doing, and only seeks these funds to keep alive whatever delusions he has of making a profit from the club, MY CLUB. He is a pest, a disease, the lowest form of life. He is ripping apart the very fabric of not just the club, but a city and a way of life. Because thats what Liverpool is. It's a culture, a religion. And he is ripping it apart. He must NOT be allowed any breaks to allow this to continue. The rot must stop now, and this can be helped if you do not allow this refinancing to be done with your bank. One institution has not allowed him the financing due to the wake up calls from us fans - will you listen?

Because drastic action is already being taken. Merchandise is being boycotted, and increasing movements for match boycotts is also gaining momentum. Liverpool fans are huge in number around the world. We are on every corner of the globe, of all race and religion, but we are united in our efforts to rid this disease from our club. If you do not listen to us, you will be held accountable by millions of fans around the globe, and you will also come under the intense pressure of our united fan base. And trust me, you have not known hell until you have faced the wrath of a Liverpool fan scorned.

Take these words in. I echo the sentiments of many a million fans.

Yours faithfully,

David Verner. Liverpool til i die!
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #142: Sep 22, 2010 09:04:51 am
      Some of that letter needs to be urgently reworded due to the threatening undertones; otherwise it will be reported and/or disregarded. Businesses will listen to reason but won't be pushed or threatened.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #143: Sep 22, 2010 09:11:06 am
      Some of that letter needs to be urgently reworded due to the threatening undertones; otherwise it will be reported and/or disregarded. Businesses will listen to reason but won't be pushed or threatened.

Hell no. Now is not the time for being nice. Action at whatever it F***ing costs!

RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #144: Sep 22, 2010 09:29:54 am
      Done... might be a bit late but still worth a go.
      Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #145: Sep 22, 2010 09:30:27 am
      Just sent the email to DB an JPMorgan. I personally do not thing that a German institution would lend Hicks any money. They are known for their low risk investments, not so convinced about JPMorgan though.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #146: Sep 22, 2010 09:35:15 am

Americas

I've sent the template from earlier emails to a Deutsche Bank via the contact us section. And I'm just about to email all those JP Morgan email contacts.

Make up your own intro but basically;

'stefan.krause@db.com'; 'anshu.jain@db.com'; 'jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com'; 'charlie.scharf@chase.com'; 'gordon.smith@chase.com'; 'marc.x.sheinbaum@jpmchase.com'; 'david.b.lowman@jpmchase.com';

'autobahn.fi@db.com'; 'autobahn.insight@db.com'; 'aesales.emea@db.com'; 'autobahn.fx@db.com'; 'autobahn.fo@db.com'; 'autobahn.support@db.com'; 'ruben.borges@db.com'; 'lem.brewster@db.com'; 'mayura.hooper@db.com'; 'renee.calabro@db.com'; 'scott.helfman@db.com'; 'john-t.gallagher@db.com';
      'kristin.lemkau@jpmorgan.com'; 'jennifer.r.zuccarelli@jpmchase.com'; 'valeria.m.cafe@jpmchase.com'; 'lauren.m.francis@jpmorgan.com'; 'tasha.pelio@jpmorgan.com'; 'justin.g.perras@jpmorgan.com'; 'kimberly.weinrick@jpmorgan.com'; 'mary.sedarat@jpmorgan.com'; 'kristen.chambers@jpmchase.com'; 'joseph.evangelisti@jpmchase.com'; 'savelfc@gmail.com'

If the above email list doesn't work - here is the same email list without the quotes

stefan.krause@db.com;anshu.jain@db.com; jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com; charlie.scharf@chase.com; gordon.smith@chase.com; marc.x.sheinbaum@jpmchase.com; david.b.lowman@jpmchase.com;, autobahn.fi@db.com; autobahn.insight@db.com; aesales.emea@db.com; autobahn.fx@db.com; autobahn.fo@db.com; autobahn.support@db.com; ruben.borges@db.com; lem.brewster@db.com; mayura.hooper@db.com; renee.calabro@db.com; scott.helfman@db.com; john-t.gallagher@db.com;, kristin.lemkau@jpmorgan.com; jennifer.r.zuccarelli@jpmchase.com; valeria.m.cafe@jpmchase.com; lauren.m.francis@jpmorgan.com; tasha.pelio@jpmorgan.com; justin.g.perras@jpmorgan.com; kimberly.weinrick@jpmorgan.com; mary.sedarat@jpmorgan.com; kristen.chambers@jpmchase.com; joseph.evangelisti@jpmchase.com; savelfc@gmail.com

Feel free to use your own opening paragraph - as this is usually previewed before opening an email

Hi there, I have some urgent matters I need you to deal with.

Tom Hicks is currently at Deutsche Bank headquarters in New York (I think) and to our knowledge is approaching you to discuss the refinancing of Liverpool FC's debts before an October repayment deadline.

I am here to tell you not to entertain this possibility.

supporters of Liverpool Football Club have been alerted to the news that Deutsche Bank/JP Morgan is considering a £281m loan to Tom Hicks to continue in his leveraged ownership of the club, news which is greeted by us with a mixture of anger, outrage and despair.

I can assure you of a number of facts:

Deutsche Bank/JP Morgan or any other of the financial institutions  bail out Tom Hicks, you will be taking a heavy risk, even without the hostility of the supporters of the club.

You are no doubt aware that Hicks Sports Group defaulted on a $525m loan last year and the details of the lenders’ outrage at his subsequent manoeuvres concerning land around the Texas Rangers’ stadium. If not, we would be happy to provide you with the details.

Hicks subsequently gave interviews making clear that the default was ‘strategic’ and painting himself as a successful businessman in other fields.

Hicks cannot have it both ways. Either he is a successful businessman – in which case he thinks nothing of reneging on financial agreements if they prove onerous to him – or he did not have the money to repay the loan. In neither case can he be considered a good risk for repayment of a large loan.

No doubt, Hicks has portrayed LFC as a successful vehicle with a growing commercial profile and the ability to repay high interest payments in his approach to you. You should be aware that LFC is in decline, thanks to Hicks’s tenure, and has dropped out of the lucrative Champions League. Its inability to support the interest on the current loans is one factor draining the on-pitch success that ensures off-pitch profit. On Thursday, its ground was 20,000 short of capacity as fans stayed away. It is said that Hicks is seeking to mortgage the loan against the ground and players: if so, you should also be aware that the ground is worth little, being in an extremely depressed area of Liverpool, and the players have made publicly clear their opposition to Hicks’ continuation as owner so that it is likely the best will leave (their ability to pick their own destinations means there can be no guarantee of their achieving their highest worth) should he stay.

It is said that Hicks believes the supporters will accept him as a sole owner. If he has indeed been so deluded as to have informed you of this, I now seek to correct the impression. Hicks and his son are held in contempt by millions of Liverpool supporters worldwide. We are increasingly mobilised and drastic measures, including boycotts, are now being discussed. We are not prepared to see the club we love bled to death.

Has he informed you about Liverpool’s worldwide supporter base? A word of advice: the lukewarm fans will drift away as the debt bleeds the club dry of success, the hardcore fans will boycott and do everything in their power to ensure Hicks is ousted without a penny of profit as quickly as possible.

Don’t believe me? Research us. Look at whom you are dealing with. Look at the boycott we carried out against The Sun newspaper after it defamed our supporters. Look at how we drove shock jockey S Cohen off the air when he insulted our dead. We are not the tame consumers you lbo people are used to dealing with. We are militant, passionate and committed. I don’t know how we will do it, I don’t know how long it will take, but we will drive Hicks from this club and your organisation will be the target of our considered and organised action if you bail him out.

Oh, and personally, I wouldn’t lend Hicks a fiver.

Yours faithfully,
      Sean K

I started to collate all the emails from the two related topics and wouldn't you know it, i found this on the last page i looked at.

I've started a thread with all i can find here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=33106.0
      Please help and add any i've missed.

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #147: Sep 22, 2010 09:55:47 am
      Sent from 3 different addresses, with random subjects.
      Daveylad
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #148: Sep 22, 2010 10:06:22 am
      Whilst none of this is particularly funny, it warms the cockles to see reds everywhere clubbing together to chase this t**t around the world- loving that!

Sent this (minor reword):

When Tom Hicks borrows money nowadays, he doesn't pay it back.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hi there, I have some urgent matters I need you to consider.

Tom Hicks is approaching you to discuss the refinancing of Liverpool FC's debts before an October repayment deadline.

I would like to urge you not to entertain this possibility.

Supporters of Liverpool Football Club have been alerted to information that Deutsche Bank and/or JP Morgan is considering a £281m loan to Tom Hicks to continue in his leveraged ownership of the club, news which is greeted by us with a mixture of anger, outrage and despair.

I can assure you of a number of facts:

Deutsche Bank/JP Morgan or any other of the financial institutions  bail out Tom Hicks, you will be taking a heavy risk, even without the hostility of the supporters of the club. You are no doubt aware that Hicks Sports Group defaulted on a $525m loan last year and the details of the lenders’ outrage at his subsequent manoeuvres concerning land around the Texas Rangers’ stadium. If not, we would be happy to provide you with the details.

Hicks subsequently gave interviews making clear that the default was ‘strategic’ and painting himself as a successful businessman in other fields.

Hicks cannot have it both ways. Either he is a successful businessman – in which case he thinks nothing of reneging on financial agreements if they prove onerous to him – or he did not have the money to repay the loan. In neither case can he be considered a good risk for repayment of a large loan.

No doubt, Hicks has portrayed LFC as a successful vehicle with a growing commercial profile and the ability to repay high interest payments in his approach to you. You should be aware that LFC is in decline, thanks to Hicks’s tenure, and has dropped out of the lucrative Champions League. Its inability to support the interest on the current loans is one factor draining the on-pitch success that ensures off-pitch profit. On Thursday, its ground was 20,000 short of capacity as fans stayed away. It is said that Hicks is seeking to mortgage the loan against the ground and players: if so, you should also be aware that the ground is worth little, being in an extremely depressed area of Liverpool, and the players have made publicly clear their opposition to Hicks’ continuation as owner so that it is likely the best will leave (their ability to pick their own destinations means there can be no guarantee of their achieving their highest worth) should he stay.

It is said that Hicks believes the supporters will accept him as a sole owner. If he has indeed been so deluded as to have informed you of this, I now seek to correct the impression. Hicks and his son are held in contempt by millions of Liverpool supporters worldwide. We are increasingly mobilised and drastic measures, including boycotts, are now being discussed. We are not prepared to see the club we love bled to death.

Has he informed you about Liverpool’s worldwide supporter base? A word of advice: the lukewarm fans will drift away as the debt bleeds the club dry of success, the hardcore fans will boycott and do everything in their power to ensure Hicks is ousted without a penny of profit as quickly as possible.

Don’t believe me? Research us. Look at whom you are dealing with. Look at the boycott we carried out against The Sun newspaper after it defamed our supporters. Look at how we drove shock jockey S Cohen off the air when he insulted our dead. We are not the tame consumers that LBO outfits are used to dealing with. We are militant, passionate and committed. I don’t know how we will do it, I don’t know how long it will take, but we will drive Hicks from this club and your organisation will be the target of our considered and organised action if you bail him out.

Personally, I wouldn’t lend him a bean. When Tom Hicks borrows money nowadays, he doesn't pay it back. He's the neighbour that borrowed your hedge clippers two years ago...

Yours faithfully,

www.lfcforum.co
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #149: Sep 22, 2010 10:16:59 am
      Fan power prevents Tom Hicks and George Gillett from refinancing Liverpool loans - report

By Matt Monaghan
      21 Sep 2010 15:15:00

Fan power has stopped Tom Hicks and George Gillett's attempt to retain control of Liverpool after several banks refused financial packages after being picketed, according to The Mirror.

Texan millionaire Tom Hicks had been rumoured to be close to agreeing a £280 million, two-year deal with the Blackstone investment group before they pulled out of talks. Similar overtures to 10 organisations have been swatted away as he desperately tried to raise the capital to clear the £237m owed to the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) before a mid-October deadline.

The pair are understood to have been told each time that the political situation following supporter protests at the deeply unpopular stewards had stopped negotiations. If they continue to fail to generate the money, Hicks and Gillett's stakes in the Anfield outfit will be taken over by RBS.

KopFaithful, a group created to campaign against the Americans, calmly welcomed the news.

A spokesman said: “We are encouraged by the latest news, but we remind every Liverpool fan that the fight is not over until the Americans are out of our club.

“We want to make it clear to anyone that Hicks talks to, that if they underwrite his attempt to hold onto out club and extend his disastrous regime then they will face a backlash from millions of angry Liverpool fans.

“The current board at Anfield have made clear their opposition to the thought of any refinancing, because they believe that it would not be good for the future of the club, and we hope that no bank will lend money to the Americans when the people running the club are telling them not to."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/b602V

Power to the people.

None of my mails bounced back.
      dcslfcfan
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #150: Sep 22, 2010 10:24:23 am
      I just sent from both personal emails and my LIVERPOOLFC.tv email so that may hopefully get some attention as from a club registered looking address........
      Hick get out of our club you totally F***ing parasitic moron go leach off the Yanks and sh*t on your own turf  you low life scum......my feelings towards you make me like Man Utd and Everton in comparison....that is some mean feat I tell you.
      nlong
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #151: Sep 22, 2010 10:31:55 am
      sent
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #152: Sep 22, 2010 10:35:08 am
      I hope all the 155v guests viewing this topic send the emails, the club has never needed you more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #153: Sep 22, 2010 11:14:10 am

A working class hero is something to be.  ;)
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #154: Sep 22, 2010 11:37:00 am
      List of e-mails:
      Code: [Select]
      jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com, charlie.scharf@chase.com, gordon.smith@chase.com, marc.x.sheinbaum@jpmchase.com, david.b.lowman@jpmchase.com,
      autobahn.fi@db.com, autobahn.insight@db.com, aesales.emea@db.com, autobahn.fx@db.com, autobahn.fo@db.com, autobahn.support@db.com,
      ruben.borges@db.com, lem.brewster@db.com, mayura.hooper@db.com, renee.calabro@db.com, scott.helfman@db.com, john-t.gallagher@db.com,

kristin.lemkau@jpmorgan.com, jennifer.r.zuccarelli@jpmchase.com, valeria.m.cafe@jpmchase.com, lauren.m.francis@jpmorgan.com,
      tasha.pelio@jpmorgan.com, justin.g.perras@jpmorgan.com, kimberly.weinrick@jpmorgan.com, mary.sedarat@jpmorgan.com, kristen.chambers@jpmchase.com,
      joseph.evangelisti@jpmchase.com, savelfc@gmail.com

Just copy & paste - simple enough. Thanks to KS for the list, just took the semi-colons and apostrophes out.

I've sent four, from four different e-mail addresses and one via the contact form.

Title: "LFC: Do NOT Finance Hicks!"

Nice one thanks Res ....one email and mass coverage...sweet!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #155: Sep 22, 2010 11:41:54 am
      Hick get out of our club you totally f**king parasitic moron go leach off the Yanks and sh*t on your own turf  you low life scum......my feelings towards you make me like Man Utd and Everton in comparison....that is some mean feat I tell you.

Welcome to the Forum DCS.

What makes me think you ll go a long way ?!

;D
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #156: Sep 22, 2010 11:58:13 am
      Liverpool FC takeover being hindered by Hicks plea for more American finance
      The deeply unpopular American co-owner is damaging the club by refusing to relinquish ownership.

Despite having seen negotiations with Blackstone fall through over the refinancing of Liverpool FC’s debt, co-owner Tom Hicks is refusing to abandon his bid for sole ownership.
      The Texan businessman is determined to retain an interest in the Anfield club despite the increasing animosity brewing on Merseyside and he has now gone to America to try to find the money to repay the £237m debt owed to RBS before a hefty interest payment is due on October 6.

Hicks was seen entering the offices of Deutsche Bank in New York and though it cannot be confirmed that he was there on business relating to Liverpool FC, the RBS interest payment is known to be his most serious present concern and therefore one can assume he was there to request financial assistance to address the situation.

The motives for Hicks determination are almost entirely monetary. Rather than lose the club, which co-owner George Gillett and himself did not even purchase with their own funds, he is convinced the club is worth between £600m-£800m and is happy to ride out the storm until he lines his pockets.

It does not matter to Hicks that revenue will stagnate due to the lack of the promised new stadium in Stanley Park. It does not matter to Hicks that the results on the pitch will plateau and - possibly decline further - with the continued lack of investment in the first team squad and the subsequent disillusionment of current players.

Except it should as these factors are vital for the club to retain a good market value and if the greedy American owner wants to rake in the cash he would be well-advised to take them seriously.

But as we’ve seen over the past three years, Tom Hicks does not seem to know very much about running a football club.(echoed what Rafa said!)
      http://www.sportingo.com/football/a14355_liverpool-fc-takeover-being-hindered-by-hicks-plea-more-american-finance
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #157: Sep 22, 2010 12:00:36 pm
      Just recieved this e-mail in my inbox !

Hicks Holdings requests that you verify your email address: please REPLY to this email. -- 03:53 September 22 2010‏
       08:53
      Reply  ▼Reply
      Reply all
      Forward
      Delete
      Junk
      Mark as unread
      Mark as read
      Delete all from sender
      Print message
      View message source
      Show message history
      Hide message history
      Show details
      Hide details Mack Hicks Mack Hicksmhicks@hicksholdings.com

Send e-mail
      Find e-mail Add to contactsTo Steve and Bev burrows-pym
      Sent: 22 September 2010 08:53:38
      To:  Steve and Bev burrows-pym (frizzby5@hotmail.co.uk)

________________________ ________________________ ______________________ Message from "Mack Hicks"________________________ ________________________ ______________________ I recognize from your email address that this is the first message I have received from you since Hicks Holdings began using Sender Address Verification (SAV). Your message is very important to me. Like you, we are very concerned with stopping the proliferation of spam. We have implemented Sender Address Verification (SAV) to ensure that we do not receive unwanted email and to give you the assurance that your messages to me have no chance of being filtered into a bulk mail folder. By pressing REPLY and SEND to this message your original message will be delivered to the top of my Inbox. You need only do this once and all future emails will be recognized and delivered directly to me. When replying to this email, please make sure that the following email address appears in the To: field of the reply: mhicks-verify-1285145589.4556.1.0.4e914af6@hicksholdings.com If you are unable to respond to this authentication request within 2 weeks, or if your reply is not sent to the correct email address (as indicated above), your message may not be delivered. Thank you! Mack Hicks
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #158: Sep 22, 2010 12:01:12 pm
      7am in New York City.

I'd imagine some bankers are now arriving in work and sitting down at their desks....

Go on, send them another email. ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #159: Sep 22, 2010 12:01:58 pm
      List of e-mails:
      Code: [Select]
      jamie.dimon@jpmchase.com, charlie.scharf@chase.com, gordon.smith@chase.com, marc.x.sheinbaum@jpmchase.com, david.b.lowman@jpmchase.com,
      autobahn.fi@db.com, autobahn.insight@db.com, aesales.emea@db.com, autobahn.fx@db.com, autobahn.fo@db.com, autobahn.support@db.com,
      ruben.borges@db.com, lem.brewster@db.com, mayura.hooper@db.com, renee.calabro@db.com, scott.helfman@db.com, john-t.gallagher@db.com,
      kristin.lemkau@jpmorgan.com, jennifer.r.zuccarelli@jpmchase.com, valeria.m.cafe@jpmchase.com, lauren.m.francis@jpmorgan.com,
      tasha.pelio@jpmorgan.com, justin.g.perras@jpmorgan.com, kimberly.weinrick@jpmorgan.com, mary.sedarat@jpmorgan.com, kristen.chambers@jpmchase.com,
      joseph.evangelisti@jpmchase.com, savelfc@gmail.com

Just copy & paste - simple enough. Thanks to KS for the list, just took the semi-colons and apostrophes out.

I've sent four, from four different e-mail addresses and one via the contact form.

Put a RANDOM title, such as "Office Spreadsheet" to avoid the spam filter.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #160: Sep 22, 2010 12:05:29 pm
      Tried to send some last night.

Stupid Hotmail account ask me to verify my account to confirm I was not sending SPAM! As if!

Quick Reply