Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Daniel Agger and Roy Hodgson on Liverpool FC collision course

Read 12040 times
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Re: Daniel Agger and Roy Hodgson on Liverpool FC collision course
      Reply #69: Oct 19, 2010 06:52:59 pm
      It's total bullcrap that Daniel Agger isn't playing just because he likes to keep the ball on the ground and start attacks from there.

Roy shouldn't blame Agger for playing for Denmark because it's not like he's given starts for Liverpool under Roy even though Agger didn't do anything not to deserve them.

He's just too good for Roy to handle.

The scandal is that he doesn't play cause is a good, VERY good, player! It's a shame  :mad: f*ck off Roy
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #70: Oct 19, 2010 06:57:16 pm
      So Agger withdraws from the squad because of illness.

I'm appalled that there has been such a breakdown between the manager and our best 'footballing' centre-back.

I just can't believe we will probably end up losing Agger who almost had his career ended but came through it.  I hope Roy the stubborn get starts playing the lad alongside Skrtel in central defence because they probably are the next few years of Liverpool FC.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #71: Oct 19, 2010 08:15:55 pm
      Roy is a complete TOSSER
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #72: Oct 19, 2010 09:34:31 pm
      Surley the guys who manage get to go to Anfield need to make some noise for Agger to show him we the fans appreciate him, and that Roy is a cock for leaving him out.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #73: Oct 19, 2010 09:37:35 pm
      Surley the guys who manage get to go to Anfield need to make some noise for Agger to show him we the fans appreciate him, and that Roy is a cock for leaving him out.

It'd probably send the wrong message to Skrtel and Carragher though.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,285 posts | 935 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #74: Oct 19, 2010 09:40:43 pm
      It'd probably send the wrong message to Skrtel and Carragher though.
      Why not send a message to Roy then
      elnino9_Zii
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #75: Oct 19, 2010 09:47:04 pm
      The more he opens his mouth the more he just fckin infuriates me ,no fckin clue and no fckin idea how to manage a big club, our best ball playing centre half by a country mile and Roy treating him like a second rate footballer, un yet he still rates poulsen and konchesky that just about sums him up ,to be honest they have been on a collision course ever since Danny gave that interview about the long ball tactics, to be a great liverpool manager you have to have that bit of pinache about you sadly Roy you don't have it now or never will have it, should have stayed at a small club (no offence meant) where your mentality was better suited.   

if agger had any resepct for roy he wouldn't have come out and said what he did about the long ball tactics... what player came out and slagged of rafa about his tactics?
      to be a liverpool manager you need to have respect from your players.woy has not!
      F**k off please :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #76: Oct 19, 2010 09:56:40 pm
      I thought Agger didn't actually slate Roy Hodgson's long ball tactics?

I thought it was the Danish press twisting his answers by setting different questions.

Agger sets record straight

Daniel Agger today hit back at suggestions he has criticised the Reds' style of play under manager Roy Hodgson and insisted: "I'm happy at Liverpool."

The Reds' defender spoke to Danish TV following Sunday's defeat to Manchester United, after which quotes attributed to him emerged in the Danish press which seemed to indicate he was unhappy with the role he was being asked to play in the Liverpool team.

Agger was keen to set the record straight when he sat down with Liverpoolfc.tv at Melwood today.

"I am very disappointed with the papers in Denmark for the way they have done this story," he said. "I spoke to Danish TV after the game on Sunday and answered the questions that were put to me. I didn't speak to the papers.

"The problem was the questions never appeared on TV, only the answers did, and then the newspapers put their own questions in. What came out was one hundred per cent wrong and that is why I am very disappointed.

"An example is the quote about me not playing long balls. The TV journalist asked me what I needed to do to get back into the team and suggested I should start hitting more long balls. I said I wouldn't do that because I'm not that kind of player. That's where that quote came from.

"I actually think we play good football and that we have showed that against Manchester United and against Arsenal.

"What I don't understand is that it was only a few days ago when I spoke to the media ahead of the Steaua Bucharest game and I think I said everybody at the club was happier now with the new manager, the new players and the new methods. It's strange to read this just a few days later but that's the way the media works, especially in Denmark. They don't have much to write about so they look for every little thing and try to make a big sensation out of it.

"I have been involved in every game this season. Of course I'm disappointed when I'm not in the team, but I have been here for five years and really like it here. I wouldn't have stayed for this long if I didn't like it or if I was unhappy. I am still happy and will keep fighting for my place."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/agger-sets-record-straight

So, unless another article came out the opposite after that, I don't think Agger slated Roy's tactics.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #77: Oct 19, 2010 10:33:10 pm
      Agger takes the ball over the half way line and gives us hope while Roy will camp in our own half to give us defeats after defeats. Please leave Roy and let us start the rebuilding process.
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #78: Oct 19, 2010 10:45:35 pm
      What is the matter with Hodgson? Is he just determined to drive Danny out of the club. He is suppose to be one of the quietest players at the club, just gets on with things, yet this idiot just can't wait to do him down. Pathetic, if he ends up leaving in January, then the sh*t will hit the fan.
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #79: Oct 19, 2010 11:33:52 pm
      F**k off old w**ker
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #80: Oct 28, 2010 07:53:33 am
      Just what is going on with this lad now. Ever since the "misunderstanding" earlier on, it seems that Daniel is being moved further and further away from the first team. How crazy is it, that as it becomes clearer with every game, that we are crying out for a defender who can pass on the floor, instead we get the present situation.

Really feel now that we won't see Daniel again, as long as Roy is here, and that is absoulute outrage, for this football club.

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #81: Oct 28, 2010 08:01:20 am
      If Woy can't see, nor can capitalise upon this lads undoubted ability he should not be a manager of a Sunday league side let alone our illustrious club!
      Sort yourself out Roy you geriatric mess!
      Dan Agger is a world class act unlike you Woy
      Mr Bleeds
      • Banned

• 367 posts |
      • Here, have a beer.
      Reply #82: Oct 28, 2010 08:49:54 am
      I thought Agger didn't actually slate Roy Hodgson's long ball tactics?

I thought it was the Danish press twisting his answers by setting different questions.

Daniel Agger today hit back at suggestions he has criticised the Reds' style of play under manager Roy Hodgson and insisted: "I'm happy at Liverpool."

The Reds' defender spoke to Danish TV following Sunday's defeat to Manchester United, after which quotes attributed to him emerged in the Danish press which seemed to indicate he was unhappy with the role he was being asked to play in the Liverpool team.

Agger was keen to set the record straight when he sat down with Liverpoolfc.tv at Melwood today.

"I am very disappointed with the papers in Denmark for the way they have done this story," he said. "I spoke to Danish TV after the game on Sunday and answered the questions that were put to me. I didn't speak to the papers.

"The problem was the questions never appeared on TV, only the answers did, and then the newspapers put their own questions in. What came out was one hundred per cent wrong and that is why I am very disappointed.

"An example is the quote about me not playing long balls. The TV journalist asked me what I needed to do to get back into the team and suggested I should start hitting more long balls. I said I wouldn't do that because I'm not that kind of player. That's where that quote came from.

"I actually think we play good football and that we have showed that against Manchester United and against Arsenal.

"What I don't understand is that it was only a few days ago when I spoke to the media ahead of the Steaua Bucharest game and I think I said everybody at the club was happier now with the new manager, the new players and the new methods. It's strange to read this just a few days later but that's the way the media works, especially in Denmark. They don't have much to write about so they look for every little thing and try to make a big sensation out of it.

"I have been involved in every game this season. Of course I'm disappointed when I'm not in the team, but I have been here for five years and really like it here. I wouldn't have stayed for this long if I didn't like it or if I was unhappy. I am still happy and will keep fighting for my place."

So, unless another article came out the opposite after that, I don't think Agger slated Roy's tactics.

:f_whistle:
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #83: Oct 28, 2010 09:05:07 am
      We really can't afford to lose talent like dagger ffs,woy you really need to get your head outta your ass and start seeing clearly mate
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #84: Oct 28, 2010 09:13:58 am
      It's time RH started showed some balls and put Carra out to grass and brought Agger back. Carra has lost his legs plain and simple and giving him a two year contract was daft, personally I think he (Carra) was instrumental in getting shot of Rafa, player power gone mad and what happens RH rewards him, Carra in my eye's is just another player but one where is best is 3 years gone. I would like to see Carra either given a role behind the play, maybe Blackpool and RH shown the door before he does any more damage. On Carra he has been a good servant but like Bob Paisley once said ''let his legs go on someone elses watch'', if we lost someone in his prime like Agger because no one got the balls to shift Carra on it would be a travesty.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #85: Oct 28, 2010 09:16:01 am

You know what? ...I'm yet to see a press release from the offal that is either negative or critical of either the manager or owners - irrespective of who they are - when they're still in office. Strange that.

Anyway. ...it's good to see Agger tow the Company line - maybe he'll be allowed to play a few games again.
      Beth♥TrueRed
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts |
      • Walk on, with hope in your heart ♥ And YNWA ♥
      Reply #86: Oct 28, 2010 08:44:18 pm
      So glad to read this article.. he's still happy, this is good :D
      but Roy must play Daniel anyway wtf
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #87: Oct 28, 2010 09:57:49 pm
      Maybe a few chants for Agger at the next home game would remind Roy that he cannot be leaving top players on the bench.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #88: Oct 28, 2010 10:22:32 pm
      Who, of the two, is the more valuable to the team/squad/club, in the long term?   
      Oh!         See ya then Woy.
      Flipmode
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts |
      Reply #89: Oct 29, 2010 05:02:27 pm
      Roy wants us to employ the long ball tactic and as you know Agger is good at bringing the ball out of defence instead of hoofing it out.
      This is probably why he doesn't rate him.

Also did Woy not tell Reina not be more of an English keeper as in kick the ball long as oppose to start up a quick attack using a throw which imo is his best quality
      KopiteKid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts |
      • Scouse Solidarność
      Reply #90: Oct 29, 2010 05:26:28 pm
      In my opinion he is by far our best defender, he looks so comfortable bringing the ball out of defence and dribbling forward. Him and Skrtel need to start every game together - would be a great partnership.

On a side note, I saw Agger in town today walking by L1  :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #91: Oct 29, 2010 05:29:47 pm
      I just want Daniel Agger to know that us fans still love him and want him playing.

It's crazy that Roy Hodgson isn't playing him just because Daniel doesn't play that type of game he wants.

Quick Reply