Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match v Napoli?

Kyrgiakos
      (2%)
      Spearing
      (3.3%)
      Johnson
      (0.7%)
      Gerrard
      (92.8%)
      Ngog
      (1.3%)

Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee

Read 76589 times
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Re: Liverpool 3-1 Napoli: In-game & post-match Stevie Glee
      Reply #782: Nov 04, 2010 11:38:41 pm
      Almost had one of those "hairs stand up on the back of the neck moments" at the end of the game..

Been a while since I've had one of them watching Liverpool!

Hairs standing up?This old git had a purr on for Stevies hat trick (F***** pity the old girls on a night shift)
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #783: Nov 04, 2010 11:39:53 pm
      The man of the match poll is a touch superfluous.

Let's just save some time.. It's Gerrard.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #784: Nov 04, 2010 11:39:54 pm
      Why was three trophyless seasons in a row good enough for you with Rafa good enough? and dont blame owners because then its same case for Roy..
      People on this do have an agenda against him!!
      So in your opinion do you actually believe WOy will win us a trophy? Next year we might not be even in the Europa if Woy is still here.......What do you think?
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #785: Nov 04, 2010 11:40:55 pm
      Woy took Poulsen for Aqualani,we have Lucas who is getting better.Alonso we can never replace,Masch wanted out.2 years ago we came 2nd with that midfield. They're gone. We wont get anywhere near picking up players like that again with Woy
      in charge. Because of when we get rid of him it will not mean we chop&change at the drop of a hat as we never have done.
      What will happen when he is gone will mean stability for long term aims for both us the fans &nesv. if that means kenny
      till next summer so be it.You look at the geordies(sacking club)&celtic as examples.bad choice. kenny is been called
      for stability in the short term until a long term sucessor are put in place. who we dont know. once the right man is there
      he will be get our support.

I don't think it is wise to push Roy out before we have someone we know is better to replace him. I'm not saying he's a great manager btw - my fear is that we will get what we wish for (ie him being sacked) and then be left in a far worse position than we are now.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #786: Nov 04, 2010 11:43:11 pm
      Why is Poulsen not in the MoTM polls? He actually impressed me with his assist.......absolutely top class vision from our top DM.  ;D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #787: Nov 04, 2010 11:45:31 pm
      Hairs standing up?This old git had a purr on for Stevies hat trick (F***** pity the old girls on a night shift)

Bahahah!

Cracking 1000th post mate.

Well in!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #788: Nov 04, 2010 11:46:14 pm
      Whereas going around like a headless chicken panicking blindly is not f**king stupid?

Who the F**k says we, and me, are going around like a headless chicken? Fucks sake, im saying it like it is. Roy has been woeful, and has shown no sign of any real improvement. Today was an absolute shambles from the sounds until he threw Gerrard on, and we were lucky at Bolton. I am not panicking blindly, i gave him time. He has uttely failed thus far. If he improves, then he gets time - but if things don't change, then he should be gone at Christmas.

I disagree. It shows we are becoming no different to any other supporters: instant success or nothing. Give the manager a few months max and then he's out. Next guy comes in and he's out a few months later. And so on ...

It's not instant F***ing success we want, we just want a plan set to get us to that success we want. We are F***ing Liverpool, of course we want success. However, i know its a slow road. But still, Roy hasn't even got the bus in first gear yet. The man hasn't even F***ing worked out how to turn the key. We need someone who has the attitude to drive us on and win.

Roy's resume may well be average but - as I posted before - who are we going to attract who has a better resume? Martin O'Neil? Alex McLeish?

Err we could have got Pellegrini, Rijkaard etc etc.. :roll: There's many better managers out there than F***ing Roy Hodgson. The man who was sacked to bring this guy in was much much better.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #789: Nov 04, 2010 11:46:18 pm
      I don't think anyone is blindly panicking mate. It makes more sense to change the manager now when the new owners have come in to get someone with a long term plan for the future and who can plan for the next two transfer windows.

I pretty sure none of us want to be changing the manager every 5 minutes like some other clubs but it is clear that Roy is not the right man and I'd rather we made the right change now than go on any further with him.

I will still support the team and galdly take the wins if and when they come but it doesn't hide the fact that our football this season has been awful and doesn't look like improving much with Roy as the boss.

That's a measured and well written post and I think there is a certain validity to everything you've written. I do think that even if Roy isn't right we need to be seen to have given him a fair crack. If he is seen to be forced out prematurely it could well harm our chances of appointing a quality replacement.

With regards to the panicking, I was referring to some of the stuff being written earlier when we were losing!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #790: Nov 04, 2010 11:48:21 pm
      I don't think it is wise to push Roy out before we have someone we know is better to replace him. I'm not saying he's a great manager btw - my fear is that we will get what we wish for (ie him being sacked) and then be left in a far worse position than we are now.
      How can it be worse.With woy gone kenny t'ill january at least if not the summer. then a long term manager with a plan in place to meet the owners ambitions.whats wrong with that. woy will bring us down to his level which is well below
      average if he remains
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #791: Nov 04, 2010 11:50:24 pm
      That's a measured and well written post and I think there is a certain validity to everything you've written. I do think that even if Roy isn't right we need to be seen to have given him a fair crack. If he is seen to be forced out prematurely it could well harm our chances of appointing a quality replacement.

With regards to the panicking, I was referring to some of the stuff being written earlier when we were losing!

Yeah, that wasn't headless panicking either! It was reiteration of what many have been saying for F***ing weeks now!
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #792: Nov 04, 2010 11:55:42 pm
      Yeah, that wasn't headless panicking either! It was reiteration of what many have been saying for f**king weeks now!
      bigv even when we where losing tonite most posted even if we won the feeling would be the same.
      gat rid of woy.agree? 
      Rock N Redzer
      • Banned

• 108 posts |
      Reply #793: Nov 04, 2010 11:57:40 pm
      That's quite a statement mate to make about any player mate. I don't think we'll see another Liverpool player like Stevie in our life.

And not to put the boy down but I thought he looked inexperienced for most of the game. Still waiting to see him wow me, but although I think Spearing is better at the moment, I think he'll become a better player than Spearing.

But as I said, no-one will replace Gerrard. He's the utter meaning of the word irreplacable.

I pretty much agree with that post. Firstly I think it we'll (as fans) be on a life time look out for the next Steven Gerrard and although it cannot be ruled out we'll produce or buy one in years to come, it is highly unlikely we'll ever have a player who is coupled with ability and inspiration like him, his DNA needs to be bottled. For me he ranks alongside the likes of Kenny, Rush and Souness in our all time legendary bests.

I also agree that Shelvey was a little dissapointing tonight he's been sound so far in his appearances for us I think and looks indeed an intelligent player who has good vision and passing ability. Tonight wasn't one of his better days at the office, though I'm sure he'll use this as a learning curve and continue to grow.

I also agree in your opinion that Shelvey doesn't look as though he's going to be our next Steven Gerrard, he'll be good, he may become a very important player for us soon enough. But at this stage comparing him to Gerrard is a NO NO in my opinion, in that he'll be the man to fill Gerrard's boots. Sometimes when you watch a player you just know there is something about him. I remember that with Gerrard after his Sheffield Wednesday performance 10 years ago, this ilk of player comes along occasionally and makes you sit up and take notice and looks different from the rest. Shelvely doesn't have that extra something about him that makes me feel/know he'll be a player of Gerrards calibre, although he will be good of that I have no doubts, just not up on Gerrards level.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #794: Nov 04, 2010 11:58:33 pm
      Why bother with the poll? :laugh:

Players like Steven Gerrard only come once every 20 years. I'm glad it is us that have him!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #795: Nov 04, 2010 11:58:41 pm
      Err we could have got Pellegrini, Rijkaard etc etc.. :roll: There's many better managers out there than f**king Roy Hodgson. The man who was sacked to bring this guy in was much much better.
      Pellegrini's only success outside of Central / South America was the Intertoto Cup. Rijkaard - if (and it is a big if) we could get, would be great but I can't see him falling over himself to take over a team who hounded out the previous coach after three or four months.

As I have already said, I am not trying to argue that Roy Hodgson is a great manager or that he is indeed right for us in the longterm (I am undecided on that one right now). What you are failing to acknowledge is the profound ugliness of some of the comments being said about him and the effect that is going to have on our reputation as Liverpool supporters.
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #796: Nov 05, 2010 12:01:09 am
      Yeah, that wasn't headless panicking either! It was reiteration of what many have been saying for f**king weeks now!
      Wanting Liverpool to lose has been said for weeks?
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #797: Nov 05, 2010 12:02:59 am
      Pellegrini's only success outside of Central / South America was the Intertoto Cup. Rijkaard - if (and it is a big if) we could get, would be great but I can't see him falling over himself to take over a team who hounded out the previous coach after three or four months.

As I have already said, I am not trying to argue that Roy Hodgson is a great manager or that he is indeed right for us in the longterm (I am undecided on that one right now). What you are failing to acknowledge is the profound ugliness of some of the comments being said about him and the effect that is going to have on our reputation as Liverpool supporters.
      W
      what was Pelligrinis record with with Real in terms of points/goals/wins etc?
      If you dont know dont post . if you want to know why not check?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #798: Nov 05, 2010 12:03:05 am

He has said some bad things about us - therefore i stand by calling him a w**ker! I'm sorry if that hurts you precious, but the guy has increasingly pissed me off more and more and he has shown a distinct lack of class in every respect. Therefore any respect i had for him is gone. I aint failing to see the ugliness of the comments - but i agree with them! Deal with it.

Oh, and Pellegrini knocked up 96 points in La Liga, may not have got a trophy but thats pretty F***ing impressive to me, had them playing some good football as well. Something i have not seen Liverpool play all season!

bigv even when we where losing tonite most posted even if we won the feeling would be the same.
      gat rid of woy.agree? 

Agreed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #799: Nov 05, 2010 12:05:41 am
      Wanting Liverpool to lose has been said for weeks?

I think bigv is getting at the fact that most on here think Roy is not the right man due to poor negative tactics, handling of the media, poor signings etc etc.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #800: Nov 05, 2010 12:06:14 am
      He has said some bad things about us - therefore I stand by calling him a w**ker! I'm sorry if that hurts you precious, but the guy has increasingly pissed me off more and more and he has shown a distinct lack of class in every respect. Therefore any respect I had for him is gone. I aint failing to see the ugliness of the comments - but I agree with them! Deal with it.

Oh, and Pellegrini knocked up 96 points in La Liga, may not have got a trophy but thats pretty f**king impressive to me, had them playing some good football as well. Something I have not seen Liverpool play all season!

Agreed.
      Cheers mate saves me having to shut another no-mark up :laugh:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #801: Nov 05, 2010 12:09:34 am
      Why bother with the poll? :laugh:

Players like Steven Gerrard only come once every 20 years. I'm glad it is us that have him!

Once in a 100 more like it Ad.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #802: Nov 05, 2010 12:09:50 am
      Sad times indeed!
      Seems that to "belong" on here,one must NOT like Roy Hodgson.
      Any one that even indicates any slight positiveness re Roy gets totally ridiculed.I for one really hope that his 3 run of wins continue.
      It was good enogh for me hearing Stevie G giving his support to his boss (he did'nt have to do that)so why don't we just give him the benefit of the doubt as to his ambitions for the club.
      If like most of you predict "he does'nt cut it" so be it.However we are Liverpool and we don't (usually)act this way.I say IRWT and hope.
      NB It would probably help his cause if he binned Poulsen (BIG mistake imo).   
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 735 posts | 113 
      Reply #803: Nov 05, 2010 12:10:19 am
      I'm sorry if that hurts you precious
      Is it too much to ask to have an informed discussion without personal digs / insults? If you disagree with me that's fine - I won't be offended!

btw - what bad things has Roy said about us?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #804: Nov 05, 2010 12:10:34 am
      Have we ever had one player get all the votes in a MOTM poll on the forum before?

If we haven't this could be the one.

Quick Reply