Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Changing Managers' after a third of the season.

Read 9884 times
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Re: Changing Managers' after a third of the season.
      Reply #69: Nov 16, 2010 04:25:27 pm
      Kenny has the the knowledge/history/understanding of the club behind him.Football is a game
      of 11 v 11 on the pitch. How difficult would it be for Kenny to pick our best 11 week in week
      out? He for one has not lost that ability,but our current so called manager definetly has.FACT. 
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #70: Nov 16, 2010 04:57:30 pm
      Kenny has the the knowledge/history/understanding of the club behind him.Football is a game
      of 11 v 11 on the pitch. How difficult would it be for Kenny to pick our best 11 week in week
      out?

Thank fook your not responsible for the appointment of our new manager..
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #71: Nov 16, 2010 05:04:38 pm
      Thank fook your not responsible for the appointment of our new manager..

what the fcuk is your point?
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #72: Nov 16, 2010 05:20:44 pm
      but I take your point, Roy is a premiership manager, I think that, like me, a lot of supporters belive that Roy is a premiership manager, but Rafa is a world class manager.

Personally, I dont feel Kenny would be the right man, for various reasons, mostly expressed by others already. An Alternative name, that could come straight in and do a better job, Frank Rijkaard.
      [/quote]

Thanks for the perspective re Prem manager versus world class Manager. I learnt/agree.
      Not a big fan of Frank Rijkaard. Great, Great player, inherited super stars at Barca and did very credible job. Had average players in Turkey and got fired just recently ( I know press said he resigned, to pursue other opportunities) Regrettably, he'd inherit many average players at LFC and by the time he put his so called "sexy football/soccer" in practice, we'd have lost so many games that supporters at Anfield would sing out WoY HODGSON'S name without any reference to the C word which is synonomous with his name today. There's something about Neil Warnock that I like. Pay QPR a million, pay him double his salary and offer him a rolling contract. Can you imagine Glenn Johnson taking him on? Or Agger having the testicles ( dont think I'm allowed to type balls?) to question his tactics? Even Carra I think would think twice before calling him a Ku$t
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #73: Nov 16, 2010 05:29:08 pm
      His CV read manager for 35 years won fuckall and Purslow said your the man for me.

what do u mean? winning 2 swedish championships and a danish championship is awesome achievement in 35 years...
      azizdamji
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 155 posts | -2 
      Reply #74: Nov 16, 2010 05:49:57 pm
      what do u mean? winning 2 swedish championships and a danish championship is awesome achievement in 35 years...

I read the posts. Nowhere do I read anyone suggesting Roy had
      "awesome achievement".
      My best guess is readin' and ritin' aint your strength, so whoever is readin' this to you hopefully will talk real slow,real,real,real slow.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,614 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #75: Nov 16, 2010 06:09:54 pm
      Warnock as manager? Ha. Quality that. :D
      staffletop
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 679 posts | 29 
      Reply #76: Nov 16, 2010 06:37:48 pm
      @ azizdamji.
      "theres somethingabout Warnock I like"

Theres a lot about Warnock I like, his hair makes me laugh, he hates Fergie more than we do and he is a Yorkshireman same as me. Unfortunately theres one thing he isnt, a premiership manager.
      Anyway, can you imagine ANY manager talking to our players like Warnock does. You must be joking mate, our players are the best in Europe [mainly] but ALL football players these days are like big spoilt kids. One wrong word, the teddy gets thrown out of the cot and his agent is in the office within an hour with the transfer request. That goes for ALL footballers, it comes with the terrotory.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #77: Nov 16, 2010 08:25:08 pm
      in a nutshell changing the manager will work, it's working right now a Leciester - and they got lumped with Sven!

So yes, lets change post haste!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #78: Nov 16, 2010 08:32:09 pm
      I can see the original question of this topic about changing a manager mid-season appears to have been lost in a general debate about the manager and who his successor should be.

Of which there is already a few topics.

So this one is now locked.

Quick Reply