Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Houllier's last squad v Rafa's

Read 17348 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Re: Houllier's last squad v Rafa's
      Reply #92: Dec 08, 2010 08:42:11 pm
      By the way Heskey was left out of Houlliers squad.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #93: Dec 08, 2010 08:42:55 pm
      Wasnt Heskey sold to allow the purchase of Cisse.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #94: Dec 08, 2010 08:43:31 pm
      The only justification I will give:
      When Rafa took over there were four decent sides in England. Spurs, Man City, Villa werent great and we came 5th to a sh*t Everton team.
      Roy has a aquad competing with lots of teams who have good teams challenging for 4th and the Big Four has been brought into a Big Seven.

Interesting post never thought of it like that, you have a great point.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #95: Dec 08, 2010 08:43:49 pm
      Wasnt Heskey sold to allow the purchase of Cisse.

He was sold a couple of days before Houllier left.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #96: Dec 08, 2010 08:49:53 pm
      How about last seasons injuries, or don't they count because they don't suit your agenda against Rafa.

There's no "agenda against Rafa" from my part. I've got an agenda against people talking utter b0ll0cks, but not against our former manager. Yes we had injuries last season, yes we've got injuries this season, everyone gets them. I remember the mancs playing Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher as centre halves last season because they didn't have anyone else. They didn't finish 7th though as a result of it.

You need to just be honest. There's no shame in admitting we played sh!t last season, just like there's no shame in admitting that winning the Champions League with a team which included Djimi Traore was an astounding achievement. We were sh!t last season and the manager was culpable. Simple as that really.   
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #97: Dec 08, 2010 08:53:43 pm
      There's no "agenda against Rafa" from my part. I've got an agenda against people talking utter b0ll0cks, but not against our former manager. Yes we had injuries last season, yes we've got injuries this season, everyone gets them. I remember the mancs playing Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher as centre halves last season because they didn't have anyone else. They didn't finish 7th though as a result of it.

You need to just be honest. There's no shame in admitting we played sh!t last season, just like there's no shame in admitting that winning the Champions League with a team which included Djimi Traore was an astounding achievement. We were sh!t last season and the manager was culpable. Simple as that really.   
      I agree 100%
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #98: Dec 08, 2010 08:58:05 pm
      I think Hodgson is competing in the weakest Premiership in years, Utd Chelsea and Arsenal are all weaker than they were in Rafas time, so Gazza another way to look at it.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #99: Dec 08, 2010 09:01:32 pm
      I think Hodgson is competing in the weakest Premiership in years, Utd Chelsea and Arsenal are all weaker than they were in Rafas time, so Gazza another way to look at it.

Unbelievable.  :lmao:
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #100: Dec 08, 2010 09:02:31 pm

I totally agree with that in one sense. For the first time in years our best teams would get mullered by the better teams from Spain in particular if they met tomorrow. That said, Spurs are the best they have been for a generation, so are Man City. Arsenal are probably the best team they have been for four seasons or so, while even the likes of Bolton are extremely difficult teams to play against, ditto Sunderland and Newcatle. I think what's happened is that the Mancs and Chelsea haven't spent, Arsenal never do, and so there has been a contraction in the gaps between the teams.

To suggest though as someone did on here yesterday that we really ought to be able to make the leap from seventh to champions under those circumstances is frankly ridiculous.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #101: Dec 08, 2010 09:03:33 pm
      What is unbelieveable so you think these are Arsenal Chelsea and Utds strongest teams, you really haven't a clue about football Gazza do you.

Arsenal are sh*te bigmick, they are sh*t here tonight, they scrapped a win against Fulham after losing there last 2 matches at home. It shows how poor the Premier league is that they are top.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #102: Dec 08, 2010 09:06:45 pm
      What is unbelieveable so you think these are Arsenal Chelsea and Utds strongest teams, you really haven't a clue about football Gazza do you.

Corbally getting so wound up at a post or someone on the Internet is not good for your health, also making questions up and answering them yourself is bordering on schizophrenia you need a break lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,662 posts | 3896 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #103: Dec 08, 2010 09:06:58 pm
      The old guard top four is the weakest it's been in the last five years. Spurs and City have pumped big money into their respective squads. What we have is a tightening at the top between the top six. I leave out Villa because I think they no longer have the funds to sustain the squad investment.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #104: Dec 08, 2010 09:09:15 pm

How?

Are Chelsea this season better than last season? No.

Are the Mancs this season better than last season? No.

Are Arsenal better this season than last season? I'd have to say no because they always start great and then fade to 3rd/4th.

Are City better this season? No.

Are Spurs? About level.

Now Villa have dropped out and Everton, too.

So how has it got stronger this season may i ask? So many clubs have depleted.

Chelsea have had no Lampard, an in and out Drogba and Anelka, Alex and Terry both injured, Carvalho left.

The Mancs have gone through the Rooney scandal, no Ferdinand, Vidic was out, Evra too, no stable keeper, no right back still, Carrick losing all form and ability.

Arsenal are the only ones i'd say have strengthened with more depth and trimming of some older players in Silvestre and Gallas.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #105: Dec 08, 2010 09:17:10 pm
      How?

Are Chelsea this season better than last season? No.

Are the Mancs this season better than last season? No.

Are Arsenal better this season than last season? I'd have to say no because they always
      start great and then fade to 3rd/4th.

Are City better this season? No.

Are Spurs? About level.

Now Villa have dropped out and Everton, too.

So how has it got stronger this season may I ask? So many clubs have depleted.

Chelsea have had no Lampard, an in and out Drogba and Anelka, Alex and Terry both injured, Carvalho left.

The Mancs have gone through the Rooney scandal, no Ferdinand, Vidic was out, Evra too, no stable keeper, no right back still, Carrick losing all form and ability.

Arsenal are the only ones I'd say have strengthened with more depth and trimming of some older players in Silvestre and Gallas.

As a staff member would expect better however will explain my rofl.

Chelsea are the same IMO

united granted weaker but better manager than us even when rafa here

arsenal as abov

Spurs by far better

City have a far better squad than last year.

As for the rest you can pool them all together.

However to my previous post, to post a question then a theoretical answer, then to go on and abuse the answer you have given yourself is downright childish.

Are you going to actually do some modding or jump on the bandwagon.

I am sure many other low post members have decided to post elsewhere with the abuse they get from the same posters on here it's f**king ridiculous.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #106: Dec 08, 2010 09:20:39 pm
      Have to say never seen a bigger WUM on this site, complete piss taker, I thought he just wasn't a Liverpool fan starting to wonder now does he even watch football now
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #107: Dec 08, 2010 09:21:35 pm
      Have to say never seen a bigger WUM on this site, complete piss taker, I thought he just wasn't a Liverpool fan starting to wonder now does he even watch football now

Grow up and get to the game, you are getting tiresome you child
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #108: Dec 08, 2010 09:26:03 pm
      Gazza plain for everyone on here to see, I've been told by a lot via PMs to ignore you because they are as you are clearly a WUM.

But I just find some of your posts beyond belief and find it hard like the rest to ignore you and don't want your opinions to go unchecked on here as they represent such a small minority of uneducated Liverpool fans.

Your posts on this topic show you either weren't following the club around the end of Houlliers time or you just haven't really got a clue.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #109: Dec 08, 2010 09:28:11 pm
      If you come on here looking only to get on peoples nerves then Gazza you have succeeded. This is the most open league for ages nobody is managing to string a lot of wins together and despite our  worst start ever we are still only 10 points of top spot and 7 of CL place.
      If that dosent indicate a  more open league then i dont know what does.Why do you always play the everybody hates me card when someone pins you down and you just resort to name calling.Stop putting Rafa digs in stop calling people names and try to answer peoples questions when they ask you them and we'll all get along with you just fine.Plenty of people on here have minority views but they dont go around trying to upset people all the time and they are respected for it regardless of the number of posts they make.
      This is the weakest league for sometime and despite that we are still 8th our best position so far.Rafa got 63 points last years finishing 7th and Gerard got 60 and finished 4th.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #110: Dec 08, 2010 09:29:01 pm
      Chelsea the same? They lost their best centre back to Madrid, without their best midfielder and centre backs for prolonged periods, Drogba was out, Essien has been out, they've had to play a left back in Zhirkov in the middle of the park along with a 17 year old McEachran, their back up in Yossi has been out. How is that the same?

Utd are weaker and have the same manager they've had for the past 15 years. Doesn't change the fact you admit they are weaker because the managerial position has no bearing on that if he has been there fore 15 years.

And i'm adding to debate. What's that got to do with modding? My position here doesn't take away the fact i can have an opinion.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #111: Dec 08, 2010 09:34:41 pm
      Gazza plain for everyone on here to see, I've been told by a lot via PMs to ignore you because they are as you are clearly a WUM.

But I just find some of your posts beyond belief and find it hard like the rest to ignore you and don't want your opinions to go unchecked on here as they represent such a small
      minority of uneducated Liverpool fans.

Your posts on this topic show you either weren't following the club around the end of Houlliers time or you just haven't really got a clue.

Rubbish, you Walton and a few others cannot get it through your tiny minds that a lt of match going Liverpool fans wanted Rafa out. Fact is majority of fans that wanted him to stay are actually quite young and don't know much history. To jump on the fowler gaff when I explained I was including him in his resigning is a joke even for you.

Now stop being a retard and try to argue your points without reverting to Wum or you a piss taker when you run out of things to say..

Not many people shouting Rafa Rafa at Milan and the voices where quieter on the Kop last year, there you go a sentence you can either try to make a good debate fr your king or just say I'm a Wum. I tend to know which one you will opt for, it's called ignorance.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #112: Dec 08, 2010 09:42:18 pm
      You didn't know when Fowler left the club says it f**king all really, if you want I'll give you a lend of his autobiography. What Rafa resigned him f**king wow he wasn't left him was he.

I'm following Liverpool 26 years I'm 30 years of age what age are you exactly Gazza because you keep making references to age. The majority of Liverpool young an old wanted Rafa to stay.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #113: Dec 08, 2010 09:45:01 pm
      Houlier got 60 points would have had him in 9th place last year Hmm. If these anti Rafa fans are people who associate with you then I doubt you go the game as you lot would stand out like a nun in a brothel. Do you take wine gums or midget gems with you to suck on.You are just a joker who just likes to wind people up.
      Its probably time for you to go back to your cell a padded one for sure care in the community has a lot to answer for.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #114: Dec 08, 2010 09:51:29 pm
      Corballyred- to think that this is the weakest Premiership in years is ridiculous!!
      I think the top teams dont look as good because there are so many other good teams that make it extremely hard to get a run of games.
      When Rafa took over there was the Big Four and it was unusual for that to be broken up.
      Like I said before, that Big Four has been broken with big spending teams like Spurs and especially Man City joining the party.
      The four English teams are safely through into the last 16 of Europe and I dont know many other countries who do that. All four will probably make the quarter finals too.
      The Premiership is without doubt the strongest league in Europe with higher competition. The 3rd best team in Spain would probably come 6th or 7th in England.

It is completely obvious that Houlliers squad is worse than the one Rafa left Hodgso imo but the competion also has to be taken into consideration and it is much more difficult for Liverpool to finish 4th now compared to 2004/2005 in Rafas first season.
      FACT!

Quick Reply