Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Owners Line up Dalglish as Hodgson faces a make or break clash with Bolton

Read 6875 times
      Mohammad Abdullah
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 478 posts | -7 
      Re: Owners Line up Dalglish as Hodgson faces a make or break clash with Bolton
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2010 11:45:26 am
      Kenny is a legend, leave him as he is. I want his footballing reputation to remain intact (Remember Maradona)
      Rafa is the best solution for now; he knows us (players, fans, PL, LFC), and loved by the majority of the fans. Still to get the job permanent, he has to come up with results on the pitch. Comolli is responsible for the signings, no one has to worry about us buying an injured player...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,655 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2010 12:04:45 pm
      Rijkaard and Kenny would be epic. . . Plus we would pay off Roy and not have to buy out another manager. Kenny can educate Rijkard in the way of the Scouse and pass and move would be back with a vengence
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2010 12:15:07 pm
      It dont make any difference now, even if we were to batter Bolton for 6 we all want the f**ker gone end of, he simply has to go, there is no turning things around, there is no more patience, there is no waiting to see who is brought in in January we want a new man in charge, we do not want this buffoon insulting our club anymore, he has blamed everything and everyone bar himself, he has lost all the  respect he ever had and he has lost the players too, Roy, get yourself to F**k away from our club, you are already down as the the worst manager of our club in the last 40 years, so please, just go and take your negative mediocre style with you and apply it to the level of football where you thrive, YOU ARE the weakest link, GOODBYE!!

If you had a reality check you would realize that you were only keeping the seat warm for Kenny anyway, so good riddance.

HODGSON OUT NOW!!
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2010 12:16:05 pm
      There may be a little bit of truth in every rumors, but i should wish that this is so much much more.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2010 12:17:45 pm
      Yes! For a very good reason, I want us to lose (if possible be trashed) for the first time. At least our opponent is not some Blueshite.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5033 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2010 12:30:01 pm
      Yes! For a very good reason, I want us to lose (if possible be trashed) for the first time. At least our opponent is not some Blueshite.
      No no no, i'm sorry to pull you on this one Ruthcity, but you never ever hope or wish that we lose, that is bang out of order, you should always baxk your team in whatever state they are in, the reason matters not a jot, whatever happens will happen, and we all want the same, Roy gone, but never ever wish to lose just justify the inevitable, shame on you, and all those who wish the same.  YNWA

HODGSON OUT    NOW!!
      bigbaz
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 389 posts |
      • A Proud Irish Scouser
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2010 12:31:55 pm
      The one good thing I would love to take from this is that Roy Hodgson's departure is iminent.
      TheDoc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts |
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2010 12:31:58 pm
      The owners are far too quiet for my liking. Heard Ray Houghton on Talk Sport yesterday and he intimated that they were showing signs of H&G's behaviour i.e., arriving with great fanfare and then going quiet when there's problems. I don't think that the two can be compared this early in NESV's tenure. However, they need to come out and actually sack or back Roy. Obviously we all want him out and I woulf be happy to see Kenny as caretaker and bring stablility to the club until we get a permanent manager.

Hopefully the silence from NESV means that they are working to sort it out asap. Nevertheless the silence is becoming deafening!!

Here's hoping...
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2010 12:36:56 pm
      I am not sure about King Kenny even though I'd love him to lead us. Yeah, he won the league with Blackburn and was in charge when we last won the league but what if things don't go the way we want it to under Kenny?

Will his reputation as a legend be tarnished or will we also jump on his back?
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2010 12:40:40 pm
      I am not sure about King Kenny even though I'd love him to lead us. Yeah, he won the league with Blackburn and was in charge when we last won the league but what if things don't go the way we want it to under Kenny?

Ok, Carra then. At least he is from the bootroom. Is he qualified yet?
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2010 12:54:14 pm

For me, neither hodgson, benitez or dalglish are what we need:

Hodgson -  for so many reasons, is out of his depth and doesn;t deserve to be discussed any further
      Benitez - left the club after finishing 7th and fell out with his bosses. An almost identical thing happened at Inter, so no thank you
      Dalglish - I really can't believe people think he is suitable after so long out of the game.  It's been 10 years since he last managed and he failed quite miserably in his last assignment to win the league with Celtic. So again, no what we need.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2010 12:55:59 pm
      Ok, Carra then. At least he is from the bootroom. Is he qualified yet?

Are you serious?  Is it not a little worrying that Carra had a lot to do with Roy arriving and feels comfortable with 'that' style of football?
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #35: Dec 31, 2010 01:01:18 pm
      Carheex,kenny hardly failed 'miserably' to win the league with Celtic. Barnes had a bad start to the season and Kenny took over till the end. Also that was against a very, very good Rangers team under Advocaat if I remember rightly and a team that went 9years in a row as champions.
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #36: Dec 31, 2010 01:25:44 pm
      Carheex,kenny hardly failed 'miserably' to win the league with Celtic. Barnes had a bad start to the season and Kenny took over till the end. Also that was against a very, very good Rangers team under Advocaat if I remember rightly and a team that went 9years in a row as champions.

I don't mean to be rude but that's bullshit. Martin O' Neill took over from Kenny and won Celtic the treble straight away, yet most people scoff at the idea of having MON in charge at LFC. If he's a joke candidate then Kenny clearly shouldn't even think about applying.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Dec 31, 2010 01:30:51 pm

kenny can do no wrong. his reputation will never be tarnished no matter how he performs.
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #38: Dec 31, 2010 01:39:26 pm
      I don't think Kenny risks tarnishing his reputation as I cannot see how he can do any worse than Hodgson. I don't see us getting relegated so a mid table finish (at worst) under Kenny would leave us where we currently are.
      Papa Joe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #39: Dec 31, 2010 01:44:16 pm
      Whatever they do, it needs to be done quickly.  If we are going to make some noise in the transfer window, we need a new boss in as soon as possible to get his type of players and to get rid of the lackluster signings.
      JFT96_LFC
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 619 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #40: Dec 31, 2010 02:42:28 pm
      About time this happened. I think the owners have known for around a month that Hodgson is not the man for the Liverpool job and having been biding their time. Now the time has come and King Kenny will come in after new year and take over I hope. Can't see us getting any more than a draw from the Bolton game anyway. Then I presume Rafa will come back in the summer and Dalglish will take a place on the club board.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #41: Dec 31, 2010 03:25:57 pm
      whatever the resut against Bolton, I'm sure John Henry sees that Woy is not the man for the job. I'msure they hoped he could steady things fora lot longer and may not be in a position to replace him immediately. What I do like is, they are doing things behind closed doors and not airing thier dirty washing in public.  That's a sign they are very proffesional. Only a matter of time.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #42: Dec 31, 2010 06:28:35 pm
      I don't mean to be rude but that's bullshit. Martin O' Neill took over from Kenny and won Celtic the treble straight away, yet most people scoff at the idea of having MON in charge at LFC. If he's a joke candidate then Kenny clearly shouldn't even think about applying.

You were rude but that was expected.

Kenny took over in Februrary through a season against a team that was established as the best on the in the league (Celtic only won the league something like 1 of the previous 10 seasons) I don't think ANY Celtic fans would have thought they'd have won the league when he came in so it cannot be viewed as a miserable failure.

If he had been there August to May maybe you could call it a miserable failure but filling in as caretaker in an already sh*te season however then not.

Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #43: Dec 31, 2010 06:50:23 pm

I can not imagine anything Kenny could do to harm his legendary status, even if he took charge and we were relegated Kenny would still be a hero for any real supporter of Liverpool FC
       Getting Kenny to take over for the time being does seem the obvious solution.

daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #44: Dec 31, 2010 07:08:04 pm
      if not kenny as caretaker what do we do in the mean time? keep this gobs***e,lose players,sign has beens,
      sell our youth? we shouldn't get a new man in until the end of the season&let whoever it is then let him
      build his team,tactic's&idea's. kenny is our talisman to save a season of carnage.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #45: Dec 31, 2010 07:11:19 pm
      I can not imagine anything Kenny could do to harm his legendary status, even if he took charge and we were relegated Kenny would still be a hero for any real supporter of Liverpool FC
       Getting Kenny to take over for the time being does seem the obvious solution.

Even after the debacle that was the Souness managerial reign, I've never lost respect for the player he was, as a manager, possibly, but I'll not forget his contributions to this club.  If Kenny was to take over now, things might go wrong, but the man already has legend status as a player, manager and as a man & it would take a lot more than relegation for him to lose that.  Don't think Kenny could do a worse job, even if he tried.

Quick Reply