Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Steve Clarke leaves Liverpool FC

Read 24820 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Steve Clarke joins Liverpool FC
      Reply #69: Feb 07, 2011 10:00:12 pm
      He will prove to be Kenny's best signing I think.

Make the perfect blend these two IMO.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #70: Mar 22, 2011 04:47:29 pm
      According to SSN he has just being promoted to Assistant manager
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #71: Mar 22, 2011 04:50:45 pm
      According to SSN he has just being promoted to Assistant manager

SSN F**k up? Sammy Lee demoted or gone?
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #72: Mar 22, 2011 04:54:21 pm
      I've heard Kenny wants to hire a replacement for Sammy Lee. I don't know if that means he's been demoted, sacked or left.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #73: Mar 22, 2011 05:16:17 pm
      This is not an attempt to hijack the thread or start a further debate but doesn't anyone else find it strange that Steve Clarke commits to be Assistant Manager or coach or whatever without knowing exactly who he will be assisting? Or that Sammy Lee can be sacked or demoted by someone who (heaven forbid) may not be staying?
      I know the Liverpool way is to do things in private but does anyone else get the impression that things have already been done just not announced?
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #74: Mar 22, 2011 05:34:04 pm
      This is not an attempt to hijack the thread or start a further debate but doesn't anyone else find it strange that Steve Clarke commits to be Assistant Manager or coach or whatever without knowing exactly who he will be assisting? Or that Sammy Lee can be sacked or demoted by someone who (heaven forbid) may not be staying?
      I know the Liverpool way is to do things in private but does anyone else get the impression that things have already been done just not announced?

Very possible. With all the moves happening lately it seems as if it's for Kenny to be here for awhile. We'll see though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #75: Mar 22, 2011 05:34:58 pm

Yep most definitely mate but I don't understand why the announcements not been made yet.

The only thing I can think is the new CEO but now that's sorted it won't be long.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #76: Mar 22, 2011 06:05:02 pm
      Clarke is obviously doing something as along with Kenny things have improved no end with basically the same team.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #77: Mar 22, 2011 07:26:19 pm
      I'd say Steve Clarke has a very good idea what is going to happen
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #78: Mar 22, 2011 07:33:16 pm
      Clarke is obviously doing something as along with Kenny things have improved no end with basically the same team.

You could even argue that kenny's done better with an inferior team. He got rid of Torres and Babel and signed two replacements with the money, both of whom are only just starting to feature. Equally, he's had Gerrard injured for much of the time. The Dalglish/Clarke partnership have done unbelieveably well when you look at it really. 
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #79: Mar 22, 2011 07:33:29 pm
      Yep most definitely mate but I don't understand why the announcements not been made yet.

So it doesn't appear knee-jerk.  Look at Blackburn's new owners sacking Fat Sam - everyone knows it was the right decision but because they did it almost immediately it looked knee-jerk and not well calculated.  Add to that the fact they didn't really look for a successor and instead gave Kean a shot at it, just seemed a little amateur.  This way it appears like it's been well thought out and planned, they've obviously known for a while the direction they want to head in and this way they've got plenty of time to change their mind if they think they've fu**ed up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #80: Mar 22, 2011 09:49:05 pm
      Kenny and Clarke = deadly combo!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #81: Mar 22, 2011 09:57:47 pm
      I think we have to also give him credit for our change in form in the last 2 months.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #82: Mar 22, 2011 10:19:16 pm
      Deserves all the credit he gets. watched his interview this evening on lfctv and he speaks just as candid as kenny.
      a great part of the set up whatever his role or''title''
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #83: Jun 08, 2011 01:47:07 pm
      Heard form my friend he's Chelsea fan and also see in liverpoolfc.tv that Chelsea planed to take Clark back to the Bridge. Don't see a post of this here yet.

I just think it's never happen as he just signed a new contract, but if he decide to go back there anybody think we can have Thommo work with the king as in Clark's role ?
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #84: Sep 29, 2011 03:20:06 pm
      Steve Clarke's training insight
      29th Sep 2011 - Latest News

We spoke to first-team coach Steve Clarke this week and asked him for an insight into his daily work, what Kevin Keen has added to the club and who stays late after training...

First of all, Steve, talk us through a typical day for you and Kevin Keen and the other senior coaching staff?

We normally get in here about 8.30am, which is two hours before the players come in. I'll have half an idea in my head, or sometimes a full idea, of what we're going to do. If it's half an idea, we'll sit and discuss with Kevin how we can organise the session. We sit and chat for maybe 45 minutes, bedding down the session. Then the medical staff will come in and waste the whole thing by saying we don't have this player or that player! You have to adapt it, then we talk with Kenny, explain the session and ask him if there's anything he'd like to see in it. Then we work with the players.

How does a session normally go?

The breakdown changes from day to day but on a typical day you're looking at 20 minutes to warm the players up, then we'll do another 20 minutes more technical - maybe a passing drill or finishing. Different bits. Then we have the possession element. That can be an open possession, just working on the touch or ability to control the ball in tight areas, then at different stages of the week you shape together a formation you think might be useful at the weekend. Then normally at the end of every session we'll have a game with the goalkeepers.

Are you monitoring how much the players work in training?

I don't monitor them - I monitor them with my eyes. What we have is a fantastic back-up team who have the heart-rate monitors, the Pro-zone, the fitness stats. Kenny, Kevin and myself are quite old fashioned in that we look at it with our eyes, and it's nice if they come in after and show us the data and it ties in with what we thought.

You hear the players talking about how much they enjoy training - that must be pleasing to you?

Yes. That's part of our job. The one thing to remember is they can be happy with their training but they have to understand there are times when you have to work and bed down philosophies. It can't always be enjoyable. Training is all about preparing for the next match. If they're enjoying how we work then great because if anyone's happy in their work they are always going to give a bit more.

What kind of bunch do we have here? Are they good trainers? Are they wanting to stay behind afterwards?

The biggest problem we have sometimes is getting them to come off the training pitch. There are always five or six - different people on different days - who you're having to go up to and say 'We've done a really hard session and we need you to go in and rest.' Sometimes they have to realise that the rest period is also a very important part of training.

I know you don't like picking out individuals but who is the best, or worst if you like, for staying behind?

I can't pick out individuals but to be fair to Jordan (Henderson) since he came here, he's always hanging around with a ball at his feet. He wants to do some crosses or shooting. He's not alone in that, though.

Kevin Keen arrived as a coach in the summer. What kind of character is he and what's he added?

I knew Kevin from my time at West Ham, we worked together there. He's very level-headed, he's calm, and his philosophy on football is similar to mine and Kenny's. He fits in well and the players respect him - he has a good manner about him. I feel he's been a good addition to the staff.

What is that philosophy you share?

The philosophy is to pass the ball. To pass the ball, to move and find different positions, and also to work hard as a team. It's not something that's unique to us as a management group. A lot of people have it but there's a way to put it across and at the moment we seem to be doing a decent job - hopefully we can continue that into the future.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/steve-clarke-s-training-insight
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #85: May 16, 2012 11:19:17 pm
      And apparently has stepped down as a sign of loyalty to the King.

Probably an unsung hero and having worked for Chelsea, he actually has got us four wins against his former club (1-0 at the Bridge, 2-1 at the Bridge, 4-1 at Anfield and 2-0 in the League Cup at the Bridge) and only lost the FA Cup final.

Also, since his arrival last season on the 10th of January, we conceded 19 goals in 22 games in all competitions in 2010-2011 and we've got joint 3rd best defence in the league this season for a SUPER HORRENDOUS Premier League campaign by our standards.

Thanks for everything, Steve. You will be missed!!
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #86: May 17, 2012 12:21:16 am
      And apparently has stepped down as a sign of loyalty to the King.

Probably an unsung hero and having worked for Chelsea, he actually has got us four wins against his former club (1-0 at the Bridge, 2-1 at the Bridge, 4-1 at Anfield and 2-0 in the League Cup at the Bridge) and only lost the FA Cup final.

Also, since his arrival last season on the 10th of January, we conceded 19 goals in 22 games in all competitions in 2010-2011 and we've got joint 3rd best defence in the league this season for a SUPER HORRENDOUS Premier League campaign by our standards.

Thanks for everything, Steve. You will be missed!!

Seconded - good post!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #87: May 17, 2012 02:02:15 am
      Thanks for all your efforts Steve.

YNWA
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #88: May 17, 2012 02:23:14 am
      It's not confirmed yet, though.

The article I saw just says "This has been confirm by a reliable source" and his wikipedia says "However, rumours say that he has resigned from his position as assistant manager of Liverpool Football Club out of loyalty to Kenny Dalglish on 16 May. But reports are yet to confirm this."

But anyways, I appreciate what he has done for the club!
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #89: May 17, 2012 03:16:46 am
      I hope he stays :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #90: May 17, 2012 11:40:06 am
      More the fools us.
      Ayre has confimed Clarke is still at the club
      as things stand.
      @liam_tomkins
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #91: May 17, 2012 12:01:08 pm
      Ayre also said they'll talk to Clarke when he returns from holiday. They chose not to fire him but could still step down.

I feel for Steve at the moment. He could step down and walk away from the club, a massive decision to make. Or he could decide to stay and then a new manager wants a new backroom team.

The man has a family to support. How do you make that decision?

Quick Reply