Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Ryan Giggs

Read 9769 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Ryan Giggs
      Jan 22, 2011 05:25:23 pm
      I think its fair to say that Im as Liverpool through an through as anyone but I have to give fair credit to Giggs

Hes a gem of a player. At the age hes at to have such an effect on his team is huge credit to him. He controlled the game for them today

Add to that hes a quiet fella not in the paper every day about this and that I have to say he has huge respect from me. Fantastic footballer with a fantastic brain and great skills

Rob Jones owned him though
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2011 10:51:57 am by Brian78 »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Ryan Giggs
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2011 12:16:57 am
      Fantastic player but he's a c**t.

Move him to the c**t thread.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2011 12:24:16 am
      Well, I second that, Brian.

I usually hate most of the Manc players but I have respect for Ryan Giggs. He's spent more than half of his life at Old Trafford and I respect him for that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2011 12:25:09 am
      I have to agree Brian as I have a begrudging respect for Giggs.

An excellent player who just gets on with playing football and now he is getting on a bit he still is quality on the pitch.

Still think his Footballer of the year award was a sympathy vote as he was probably overlooked when he was in his prime. Never should have won it that year.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2011 12:36:11 am
      Yeah, I have big respect for Giggs, but like a lot of people fail to understand how he won player of the year and sports personality of the year awards, when he wasn't even utd player of the year that year, in fact he barely played.

Still though, a modern day great.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2011 10:12:28 am
      No respect from me.

Above average player I'll give you that.

Never been linked to another club, why?

Took the easy option and chose Wales instead of England, OK he may be Welsh and and can not stand England, but the times he has been "injured" on a Tuesday so he can not play for his country on Wednesday, but is fit to play on the following Saturday. Yeh. Really wants to play for his country.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2011 10:15:48 am
      He's a manc.

Therefore he can go F**k himself. That's about as much respect as im willing to give right now.

gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2011 12:46:45 pm
      Total respect from me, he's more loyal to his club than his country yes, and is a manc, but as far as i'm concerned he's a true pro.
      And never been linked to another club, Carra springs to mind, LOYAL.
      angusmccoatup
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts | 12 
      Reply #8: Jan 24, 2011 01:42:01 am

No respect from me.

Took the easy option and chose Wales instead of England, OK he may be Welsh and and can not stand England, but the times he has been "injured" on a Tuesday so he can not play for his country on Wednesday, but is fit to play on the following Saturday. Yeh. Really wants to play for his country.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.

Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

Factually incorrect as well - Giggs was heavily linked with Juve in the 90's and chose Wales as a consequence of his parents divorce. 
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2011 01:48:19 am by angusmccoatup, Reason: Messed up quotes »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9: Jan 24, 2011 01:50:12 am
      Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

Factually incorrect as well - Giggs was heavily linked with Juve in the 90's and chose Wales as a consequence of his parents divorce. 

Yup.

To still be playing in his position at his age at the highest level at a title chasing side, - without being patronising, is deserving of respect in itself. He is still in tip top condition. Could easily play till 40.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10: Jan 24, 2011 02:48:46 am
      Respect is a two way street. He's talked about our club in a negative fashion, and his club puts down our achievements and current/past players.

Good on him for what he's achieved but that is all.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #11: Jan 24, 2011 05:49:37 am
      Pretty blinkered post Red Puppy and one I complete disagree with. Giggs represents all that is best about the modern player - decent player who lives a respectable lifestyle, shown commendable loyalty and never makes headlines for the wrong reasons.  Give me a few like this at Anfield anyday.

He's still a F***ing manc. And has no respect for us.

Course he F***ing stayed at man united as well, they have been good the whole time. If they had gone downhill when he was in his prime, he woulda fu**ed off as well im sure.

People are painting him as a saint. F**k, hes had a good career ill give him that. But he also got lucky that he ended up at united rather than somewhere else.

Manc = scum. Thats how i see it. I'm over being a good sport, i hate the F***ing lot of them and they can all rot in hell as far as im concerned.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #12: Jan 25, 2011 11:03:37 pm

Blinkered! I'm a Liverpool supporter, what do you expect?

You too are factually incorrect. Giggs chose Wales, as he is Welsh. :lmao: And could not have played for England.

Still no respect. Manc.

PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #13: Jan 25, 2011 11:10:29 pm
      Respect him but just can't like him!

He has won 11 leagues and 2 European Cups with United so I can't like him!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Jan 25, 2011 11:11:44 pm

Manc = scum. Thats how i see it. I'm over being a good sport, i hate the F***ing lot of them and they can all rot in hell as far as im concerned.

Well Keith aint gonna come back now is he? :P
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15: Jan 26, 2011 12:49:03 am
      Well Keith aint gonna come back now is he? :P

If he keeps up his 'Mancs wanting respect' campaign then he can stay the F**k away in my opinion.

I liked Keith, but he was being F***ing retarded if he thinks we are gonna bend over and lick scum ass just because his sorry secret-Liverpool-loving ass was on this forum. Seriously, Mancs piss me off with their sense of entitlement and Keith did well for awhile and then ruined it when he tried to be a manc moderating a Liverpool forum. WTF.

Giggs, well done on what you have 'achieved' with your whiskey sniffing fucktard of a manager. Any other team at any other time he would not have achieved that miuch. And i simply downright hate the man. ANy person who could put up with Alex Fergsicum for that long must be equally a c**t, in my honest opinion.

Well done. Now go F**k yourself you rotten peice of sh*t.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #16: Jan 26, 2011 01:54:11 am
      I hate him cause he had Dani Behr. One of my first teenage crushes.
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      • He who laughs last didn't get it.
      Reply #17: Jan 26, 2011 02:06:57 am
      No respect from me.

Always in the Refs face.

Plays for the scum.

No respect.

He was regularly linked to a few teams in Italy Inter I think being the main one.
      He was born in Cardiff and didn't move to England untill he was 8 or 9
      i would also argue the easy option would have been choosing England over Wales
      The welsh FA could not afford to pay the insurance most off the time and would say he was injured as an excuse for not playing him.

fantastic player would probably like him if he played at any other club, I just struggle to like a player who is/has been a manc, especially if it's under whisky nose
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 26, 2011 09:18:18 pm
      If he keeps up his 'Mancs wanting respect' campaign then he can stay the f**k away in my opinion.

I liked Keith, but he was being f**king retarded if he thinks we are gonna bend over and lick scum ass just because his sorry secret-Liverpool-loving ass was on this forum. Seriously, Mancs piss me off with their sense of entitlement and Keith did well for awhile and then ruined it when he tried to be a manc moderating a Liverpool forum. WTF.

Giggs, well done on what you have 'achieved' with your whiskey sniffing fucktard of a manager. Any other team at any other time he would not have achieved that miuch. And I simply downright hate the man. ANy person who could put up with Alex Fergsicum for that long must be equally a c**t, in my honest opinion.

Well done. Now go f**k yourself you rotten peice of sh*t.

So lets get this straight:

-You hate him because he is from Manchester.
      -You hate him because he stayed with the same employer.
      -You hate him because he was successful.

Sounds to me like you are jealous. At least that most fans here are sane and accept he is a pro. You just sound like you need to grow up. Have you even got a job?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #19: Jan 26, 2011 11:00:46 pm
      Well I'd rather not answer such a pr**k of a post, but I should answer your questions.

1- yes, any manc player I hate. Not that uncommon, no?
      2- yeah, I hate fergie and being biased like any true fan has some of, I hate him for having put up with such a c**t for so long. Very biased I know, I accept it.
      3- did I say I hate him because of success? No, I said I think he got lucky to be part of some great teams and thus is the reason for all of his success. If he had been here over that time he wouldn't have it, so I'm not gonna say I respect him just cos he has a bunch of medals. I accept he is a good player, doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm not jealous at all. I have a shirt on right now with 8 Gerrard on the back, that's a man I love and respect. Why would I be jealous? I'm a Liverpool supporter, I have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. I love my club.

Oh, and I'm 23 and at college, getting good grades. Before college I worked hard on the family farm for 3 years, making a decent living. 

Just thought I'd clarify that before you call me some jealous, childish, jobless bum again.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Jan 26, 2011 11:10:42 pm
      You just sound like you need to grow up. Have you even got a job?

You sound like someone who's not going to last long on here.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #21: Jan 26, 2011 11:12:54 pm

:lmao: Ms Gerrard likes this  ;)
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #22: Jan 26, 2011 11:49:30 pm
      Well I'd rather not answer such a pr**k of a post, but I should answer your questions.

1- yes, any manc player I hate. Not that uncommon, no?
      2- yeah, I hate fergie and being biased like any true fan has some of, I hate him for having put up with such a c**t for so long. Very biased I know, I accept it.
      3- did I say I hate him because of success? No, I said I think he got lucky to be part of some great teams and thus is the reason for all of his success. If he had been here over that time he wouldn't have it, so I'm not gonna say I respect him just cos he has a bunch of medals. I accept he is a good player, doesn't mean I have to respect him.

I'm not jealous at all. I have a shirt on right now with 8 Gerrard on the back, that's a man I love and respect. Why would I be jealous? I'm a Liverpool supporter, I have absolutely nothing to be jealous of. I love my club.

Oh, and I'm 23 and at college, getting good grades. Before college I worked hard on the family farm for 3 years, making a decent living. 

Just thought I'd clarify that before you call me some jealous, childish, jobless bum again.

You clearly implied ANYONE from manchester you hate:
      He's a manc.

Therefore he can go f**k himself. That's about as much respect as im willing to give right now.

Thats why I was confused. Of course I would understand you disliking a manchester United player. But you didn't say that at all.

2. Okay you hate Fergie. Your entitled to. But my point was that how can you hate someone else for playing under him? Seems quite strange to me. Liverpool have had a few managers. You can't have liked all of them. Did you suddenly stop liking your players because you didn't like the manager? I don't think so.

I couldn't care less about what you have done in your life. But the way you conducted yourself over the internet, just because you have some anonymity, was silly. All the other comments were at least reasonable from Liverpool fans which is why I only responded to yours. And yes, you are being childish.

With regards to Gerrard, yes he is a great player, but how you can respect him I don't know, because I remember he wanted to leave for Chelsea. Maybe its because it was a few years ago and time heals though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2011 12:09:02 am

:lmao:

You clearly implied ANYONE from manchester you hate:
      Thats why I was confused. Of course I would understand you disliking a manchester United player. But you didn't say that at all.

2. Okay you hate Fergie. Your entitled to. But my point was that how can you hate someone else for playing under him? Seems quite strange to me. Liverpool have had a few managers. You can't have liked all of them. Did you suddenly stop liking your players because you didn't like the manager? I don't think so.

I couldn't care less about what you have done in your life. But the way you conducted yourself over the internet, just because you have some anonymity, was silly. All the other comments were at least reasonable from Liverpool fans which is why I only responded to yours. And yes, you are being childish.

With regards to Gerrard, yes he is a great player, but how you can respect him I don't know, because I remember he wanted to leave for Chelsea. Maybe its because it was a few years ago and time heals though.

Oh did i hurt your little manc feelings by saying i hate your precious little Giggsy? Oh don't like me saying he's a manc w**ker or something? Oh are you gonna cry now little manc because you saw someone slag that man you hold so dear to your heart? Oh what a c**t Giggs is, he can go F**k himself. I hate him blah blah F***ing blah.

That's me being childish.

It wasn't silly. I'm a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum, and i am biased. I try not to be too biased, but i have gotten sick of getting sh*t from mancs over the years, all over the world, and it has made me hate them even more and i do struggle to have any respect for that organization at all.

I have liked most of our managers, only one i haven't is Hodgson. And funny.. i don't really like Konchesky or Poulsen. But more simply because of the fact they are average at best.

My best mate since i was 8 years old is a passionate manure fan as well.

Oh and by the way - if you don't care less what i have done with my life then why ask? Oh, because you were trying to put me down? Thanks. Oh, the irony of being called childish by someone doing just that.

Why are you even here?
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #24: Jan 27, 2011 12:13:27 am
      :lmao: Don't f*ck with Bigv.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #25: Jan 27, 2011 12:15:14 am
      :lmao:

Oh did I hurt your little manc feelings by saying I hate your precious little Giggsy? Oh don't like me saying he's a manc w**ker or something? Oh are you gonna cry now little manc because you saw someone slag that man you hold so dear to your heart? Oh what a c**t Giggs is, he can go f**k himself. I hate him blah blah f**king blah.

That's me being childish.

It wasn't silly. I'm a Liverpool fan on a Liverpool forum, and I am biased. I try not to be too biased, but I have gotten sick of getting sh*t from mancs over the years, all over the world, and it has made me hate them even more and I do struggle to have any respect for that organization at all.

I have liked most of our managers, only one I haven't is Hodgson. And funny.. I don't really like Konchesky or Poulsen. But more simply because of the fact they are average at best.

My best mate since I was 8 years old is a passionate manure fan as well.

Oh and by the way - if you don't care less what I have done with my life then why ask? Oh, because you were trying to put me down? Thanks. Oh, the irony of being called childish by someone doing just that.

Why are you even here?

Nah you didn't offend me at all. The ironic thing is that some of you fans live closer to Manchester then they do to Liverpool, so you are actually insulting them too. I came here to respond to you and your childish behaviour. Like I said, you can say our players are sh*t, but why be childish and say everyone from Manchester is a "c**t"?

When I said I couldn't care less I was referring to the fact that, yes, you may be successful outside, you may be a tw*t, you may be saint, regardless, you have acted silly here though.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #26: Jan 27, 2011 12:18:35 am
      Nah you didn't offend me at all. The ironic thing is that some of you fans live closer to Manchester then they do to Liverpool, so you are actually insulting them too. I came here to respond to you and your childish behaviour. Like I said, you can say our players are sh*t, but why be childish and say everyone from Manchester is a "c**t"?

When I said I couldn't care less I was referring to the fact that, yes, you may be successful outside, you may be a tw*t, you may be saint, regardless, you have acted silly here though.

I didn't F***ing say everyone from Manchester is a c**t, you just took it that way because you are soft and read into sh*t too much.

Who's the silly one? The manc trying to defend mancs (Oh sorry, Manc players and manc staff, just to clarify that for you softie) on a Liverpool forum is what i would deem 'silly'

Now jog on, childish one.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #27: Jan 27, 2011 12:20:01 am

Cause all Man U fans are from Manchester?  Making yourself look a bit of an idiot saying that.  What did you expect from a Liverpool forum, we'd all be pro Manc?  Have you really such a limited capacity for thinking?  

And before you moan, if you come here and respect we are a Liverpool site, we'd not have a problem, but you can't come here expecting rapport, the dislike is long standing and mutual.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 27, 2011 12:24:51 am
      Cause all Man U fans are from Manchester?  Making yourself look a bit of an idiot saying that.  What did you expect from a Liverpool forum, we'd all be pro Manc?  Have you really such a limited capacity for thinking? 

And before you moan, if you come here and respect we are a Liverpool site, we'd not have a problem, but you can't come here expecting rapport, the dislike is long standing and mutual.

Respect? Did I comment how other people mentioned they didn't like the player? No. I only commented on the fool that is acting childish.

I didn't f**king say everyone from Manchester is a c**t, you just took it that way because you are soft and read into sh*t too much.

Who's the silly one? The manc trying to defend mancs (Oh sorry, Manc players and manc staff, just to clarify that for you softie) on a Liverpool forum is what I would deem 'silly'

Now jog on, childish one.

I'm not defending any player. I am just pointing out your childish behaviour. Okay, I am soft. You can call me that. But remember fans come of all ages. Not everyone understands your terminology of putting things. All you have done is used profanity when I pointed out a minor fault in what you said.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #29: Jan 27, 2011 12:34:14 am
      Pointed out a minor fault by putting me down, thats what you did. Don't suddenly act like you're a saint now.

And you have just gone and called me a fool? Again, the F***ing irony. Seriously, why are you here? What reason did you sign up here?
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #30: Jan 27, 2011 12:36:45 am
      Pointed out a minor fault by putting me down, thats what you did. Don't suddenly act like you're a saint now.

And you have just gone and called me a fool? Again, the f**king irony. Seriously, why are you here? What reason did you sign up here?

Why does it bother you why I signed up here.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Jan 27, 2011 12:39:19 am
      Why does it bother you why I signed up here.

It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the first thing you did was have a go at me. Doesn't seem like good reason to sign up. And if you think im targeting just cos you're a manc, you're wrong because we had another manc here who i got along quite well with most of the time.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #32: Jan 27, 2011 12:43:33 am
      It doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the first thing you did was have a go at me. Doesn't seem like good reason to sign up. And if you think im targeting just cos you're a manc, you're wrong because we had another manc here who I got along quite well with most of the time.

No. I apologise if it seems that way. I came here because I am curious about various opinions in football.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #33: Jan 27, 2011 12:47:04 am
      No. I apologise if it seems that way. I came here because I am curious about various opinions in football.

Well then respect my opinion then and don't call me a child just because you don't like what i say. I'm a brash guy with my opinions sometimes, so just deal with it and don't get ya knickers in a twist next time. You'll last longer here if you don't piss us off by attacking any anti-manc sentiment you see.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #34: Jan 27, 2011 12:50:03 am
      Well then respect my opinion then and don't call me a child just because you don't like what I say. I'm a brash guy with my opinions sometimes, so just deal with it and don't get ya knickers in a twist next time. You'll last longer here if you don't piss us off by attacking any anti-manc sentiment you see.

Okay but bear in mind, I've only attacked yours because I misinterpreted it. If I had said (which I don't believe at all) "all scouse are cu*ts" then you probably (and rightfully) would have assumed the worst too.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #35: Jan 27, 2011 02:23:52 am
      Giggs is a fantastic player and a role model to younger players.

Having said that, I was in stitches when I saw the advert for his new fitness DVD.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #36: Jan 27, 2011 02:26:56 am
      Okay but bear in mind, I've only attacked yours because I misinterpreted it. If I had said (which I don't believe at all) "all scouse are cu*ts" then you probably (and rightfully) would have assumed the worst too.

No worries, point taken. Now lets get this back on to the topic of that manc w**ker, Giggs ;)

Giggs is a fantastic player and a role model to younger players.

How is a manc a role model?!

;)

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #37: Jan 27, 2011 02:39:06 am

:D

I just mean he is 36 and still playing at the highest level. He never seems to be in the media spouting toss, dicking about on twitter, spitting his dummy out when he isn't playing or getting substituted etc.

One thing I do hate about him though is he always seems to be in the referees face. But then so does Scholes, Ferdinand, Rooney, Neville, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, O'Shea, Vidic, Rafael and the rest of that lot.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #38: Jan 27, 2011 03:09:34 am
      Keith is that you?  :f_tongueincheek:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #39: Jan 27, 2011 03:18:28 am
      Giggs is a United legend and I respect him as a player but F**k this thread for complementing him!

But you can guarantee, there are F**k all United fans who will respect Gerrard who has it a lot more rough than Stevie.

Has Giggs carried a team on his back? Has Giggs ever been in an under-achieving side where his loyalty has been tested?
      Has Giggs ever single-handedly won United trophies?

All the above answers are no and a yes for Gerrard but I bet no manc will respect that.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jan 27, 2011 06:37:28 am
      Here here PG. I think Giggs was a class player in his time, and is a professional. But because he's played under Whiskey Nose for so long he expects every official to pull out the wet naps and wipe his bottom for him. And for that I lose respect. One heck of a player though.

And agreed, doubt any Mancs will acknowledge Gerrard, even though he has thrown the entire squad on his back at times. I can remember one Giggs wonder goal, and in 2005-2006 alone I can remember a few for our beloved Stevie G.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #41: Jan 27, 2011 06:48:11 am
      :D

I just mean he is 36 and still playing at the highest level. He never seems to be in the media spouting toss, dicking about on twitter, spitting his dummy out when he isn't playing or getting substituted etc.

One thing I do hate about him though is he always seems to be in the referees face. But then so does Scholes, Ferdinand, Rooney, Neville, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani, Berbatov, O'Shea, Vidic, Rafael and the rest of that lot.

Well okay.. he's the best of a bad bunch then ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #42: Jan 27, 2011 09:17:33 am

Was gonna say the same. Welcome back Keith  ;)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #43: Jan 27, 2011 11:42:09 am
      Blinkered! I'm a Liverpool supporter, what do you expect?

You too are factually incorrect. Giggs chose Wales, as he is Welsh. :lmao: And could not have played for England.

Still no respect. Manc.

He has actually played for and captained England at school boy level!
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #44: Jan 27, 2011 12:15:05 pm
      Should this not be joined with the c**t thread?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #45: Jan 27, 2011 12:33:14 pm
      Should this not be joined with the c**t thread?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #46: Jan 27, 2011 03:58:12 pm
      Giggs is a United legend and I respect him as a player but F**k this thread for complementing him!

But you can guarantee, there are F**k all United fans who will respect Gerrard who has it a lot more rough than Stevie.

Has Giggs carried a team on his back? Has Giggs ever been in an under-achieving side where his loyalty has been tested?

All the above answers are no and a yes for Gerrard but I bet no manc will respect that.

And that is why we have a reputation for being the most knowledgeable fans.  We can except when some one is a good player no matter who they play for.

the rule for playing at school boy level is that you have to attend school in that country not your nationality.

am i right i thinking that whisky nose signed him after he scored a hatrick for Liverpool at u13 against the manc bas**rds?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8567 
      Reply #47: Jan 27, 2011 04:50:57 pm

How many miles between Liverpool and Manchester?

Not that many and yeah to be honest you will find more fans walking around Manchester with a Liverpool shirt on than you will find fans walking around Liverpool with a manc shirt on.

So lets get this straight:

-You hate him because he is from Manchester.
      -You hate him because he stayed with the same employer.
      -You hate him because he was successful.

Sounds to me like you are jealous. At least that most fans here are sane and accept he is a pro. You just sound like you need to grow up. Have you even got a job?

So we're jealous, remind me again about this c**t Giggs and none of you manc cu*ts ever mention he's also been known to slap women about?

Disagree, lets ask the girl from Hollyoaks who he was going out with who he slapped in a club.

Giggs is not even that good a winger, he kicks ahead of him about twenty yards then just runs after it.

Not a patch on John Barnes!!

What the F**k do you mean by asking the lad if he's got a job, you inbred sister shagging c**t.

See we can do stereotypes too!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8567 
      Reply #48: Jan 27, 2011 04:56:14 pm
      am i right i thinking that whisky nose signed him after he scored a hatrick for Liverpool at u13 against the manc bas**rds?

Let's tell the truth on these manc tw*ts, Giggs was originally with Man City and Utd saw him playing there and convinced him to sign for them, the same way they tried unsuccessfully to sign Michael Owen when he was about 15 and had been playing boss in a European youth tournament for us.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2011 05:03:46 pm by HUYTON RED »
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #49: Jan 27, 2011 05:31:37 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED link=topic=35924.msg903055#msg903055 date=129614705

he's also been known to slap women about?

[/quote

i didn't know this story we seem to produce a few of these in cardiff bellamy for example

Let's tell the truth on these manc tw*ts, Giggs was originally with Man City and Utd saw him playing there and convinced him to sign for them, the same way they tried unsuccessfully to sign Michael Owen when he was about 15 and had been playing boss in a European youth tournament for us.

looks like i may have made something up then  :roll:
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: Jan 27, 2011 05:40:53 pm
      That has got to be one of the worst attempts at quoting ive ever seen! No offense at all, just think its funny :D

Ps loved that post up there Huyton!
      Harry_Beadles
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 27, 2011 06:27:25 pm
      i no i fu**ed it up a touch
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #52: Jan 27, 2011 06:34:50 pm
      That has got to be one of the worst attempts at quoting ive ever seen! No offense at all, just think its funny :D

Ps loved that post up there Huyton!
      I find getting two quotes hard too.

F**k this technology :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #53: Jan 27, 2011 11:29:11 pm

That is horrible.

I find getting two quotes hard too.

F**k this technology :)

Just put a couple lines space between them mate.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 27, 2011 11:42:27 pm
      How many miles between Liverpool and Manchester?

So we're jealous, remind me again about this c**t Giggs and none of you manc cu*ts ever mention he's also been known to slap women about?

Disagree, lets ask the girl from Hollyoaks who he was going out with who he slapped in a club.

Giggs is not even that good a winger, he kicks ahead of him about twenty yards then just runs after it.

Not a patch on John Barnes!!

What the f**k do you mean by asking the lad if he's got a job, you inbred sister shagging c**t.

See we can do stereotypes too!!

Firstly, I didn't say you were all jealous, and your referring to my quote without knowing any of the context.

Giggs is a not "even a good winger". Well many of your fans seem to disagree with that. I have no sister either. Sorry to disappoint your fantasy  :D

Giggs is a United legend and I respect him as a player but f**k this thread for complementing him!

But you can guarantee, there are f**k all United fans who will respect Gerrard who has it a lot more rough than Stevie.

- What about carrying the team back against Arsenal in 1999 FA Cup?
      - What about laying the pass on for Owen to score against City?
      - What about Giggs' winning goal against West Ham in 2009?
      - You could argue Man United has 4 barren years without winning the PL. (still won FA Cup and the League cup). Many pundits saw the sale of Ruud Van Nistelrooy and only signing Carrick as a mark of decline for the club.
      - His loyalty was tested in 2001 when Inter Milan were seriously interested in buying him:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/2800087.stm
      - Giggs has single handedly won United trophies. In my eyes, the FA Cup goal helped us win the FA Cup.
      -He also scored against Juventus in the champions league semi-final in the 92nd minute to get a valuable 1-1 draw to take to turin on the way to the treble.

And regarding loyalty:
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4651003.stm

Gerrard was going to move after you had just won the European cup. Most, if not all players can be unsettled. Don't get me wrong, Gerrard is loyal, but you can't question Giggs' loyalty either.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #55: Jan 28, 2011 08:01:06 pm

Indeed he did, but as he was a school boy living in England he could, but he could only play for Wales as a senior.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #56: Jan 28, 2011 09:30:50 pm
      Hey we have Jamie Carragher.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #57: Jan 29, 2011 01:02:24 am
      Well this thread is F***ing boring.

Respect for being a one club man. That's about all I have to say on him really couldn't give a F**k about him.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #58: Jan 29, 2011 11:30:37 am
      Compared to John Barnes, not even close.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,233 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #59: Jan 29, 2011 01:04:04 pm
      Deep deep down you have to admire him
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #60: Jan 29, 2011 05:29:35 pm
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #61: Feb 06, 2011 02:50:30 am
      could'nt lace Barnseys F***ing boots good player but as with a lot of manc cu*ts overrated too death along with the piss head Robson the arrogant c**t Cantona and the granny shagger
      sergio tachini
      • Banned

• 156 posts |
      Reply #62: Feb 06, 2011 02:56:02 am
      The only thing you can admire about him is the fact he played professionally til about 40, but he only managed this by playing for a joke of a national team like wales.
      Completly over-rated.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #63: Feb 10, 2011 04:12:10 pm
      The only thing you can admire about him is the fact he played professionally til about 40, but he only managed this by playing for a joke of a national team like wales.
      Completly over-rated.
      I know Wales have not got a good international side but I take them remarks as an insult, Sergio Tachini.
      Alastair
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,414 posts |
      • Biggidy Biggidy Boom!
      Reply #64: Feb 10, 2011 04:21:24 pm
      I know Wales have not got a good international side but I take them remarks as an insult, Sergio Tachini.

As do I Gar. We may not have a great squad but the fact that Giggs is still plying his trade, top flight, in a team that is nailed on for the title speaks volumes.

A few years ago he would be in anyone, and i mean ANYONEs top teams. A team without experience, guile and the craft that Giggs brings wont win nowt.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #65: Feb 10, 2011 04:32:12 pm
      Anyone remember that season he was attached to Dani Behr?  Used to come on the pitch like an old man and could hardly run.  She must have 'taken' all his energy!!!

I know I'm exaggerating, but there were rumours at the time his time at Utd was limited.
      djpailo
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 79 posts |
      Reply #66: Feb 11, 2011 04:55:49 am
      Anyone remember that season he was attached to Dani Behr?  Used to come on the pitch like an old man and could hardly run.  She must have 'taken' all his energy!!!

I know I'm exaggerating, but there were rumours at the time his time at Utd was limited.

Yeah he was linked to Inter Milan at one stage, though he never wanted to leave.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: May 23, 2011 08:31:28 pm
      Soooo....

Anyone still have any respect for him? ;D
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #68: May 23, 2011 08:51:37 pm
      I'm F***ing delighted the scumbag has been outed, wait for the snow storm Ryan. Only a matter of time before that injuction is completely lifted
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #69: May 23, 2011 08:54:04 pm
      Giggs. Looks after himself, lives right, commited family man. His name is never in the papers for the wrong reasons. Top pro, top man.  :f_whistle:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,208 posts | 8567 
      Reply #70: May 23, 2011 09:00:54 pm
      Soooo....

Anyone still have any respect for him? ;D

Always thought he was a shifty welsh c**t.

Oh well there goes his knighthood.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      Reply #71: May 23, 2011 09:07:16 pm
      Good time to retire? :roll:
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #72: May 23, 2011 09:17:09 pm
      Ha ha ha thats a smack in the belly with a wet fish.Perfect time to retire to spain or Italy.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #73: May 23, 2011 09:19:41 pm
      Giggs. Looks after himself, lives right, commited family man. His name is never in the papers for the wrong reasons. Top pro, top man.  :f_whistle:

Still the same, I respect him as a player, not as a man.  Some rumours of his dodginess of the pitch have floated around for years. 
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #74: May 24, 2011 01:35:09 am
      Oh well there goes his knighthood.

The Labor MPs are still coming out and backing him so don't say never!
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,868 posts | 165 
      Reply #75: May 24, 2011 12:50:43 pm
      So the hairy weasel's been outed, bit more sh*t to put on the fergie not so rosy garden.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #76: May 24, 2011 12:58:13 pm
      The Labor MPs are still coming out and backing him so don't say never!

Who?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #77: May 24, 2011 01:25:35 pm
      Wrong board. Wrong thread.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #79: May 24, 2011 03:04:30 pm
      Ryan Giggs admits to feeling a bit homesick at time but, although he enjoys Manchester, he does miss Wales from time to time.

But, I don't blame Ryan. If I was him, I would have had a super ejaculation as well.

;D

Quick Reply