Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Our Formation With Suarez & Carroll?

Read 18371 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Our Formation With Suarez & Carroll?
      Reply #115: Apr 03, 2011 02:37:20 pm
      Why would we sell to Chelsea, it is all about the players wishes these days
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #116: Apr 03, 2011 02:39:43 pm
      People keep mentioning Adam Johnson as a possibility. Why would Man City sell him to us, a team trying to knock them out of a CL position? They will only do so if they can rape us with an ugly price tag. At that point, surely there are better options for the money.

And InertObject, congrats on 2500 posts!  :champ:

Johnson is a possibility. He's 3rd or 4th in the pecking order now at City. A player with his potential needs games, and he knows that. He'll force a move if need be. ;)

And cheers mate, didn't even notice. Too busy posting. ;)
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #117: Apr 03, 2011 02:45:44 pm
      Johnson is a possibility. He's 3rd or 4th in the pecking order now at City. A player with his potential needs games, and he knows that. He'll force a move if need be. ;)

Even if Johnson wants to leave will City sell? They don't need the money and will defiantly not be forced to sell to a rival club.

Fantastic player who would love to join us but will City sell?
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #118: Apr 03, 2011 02:49:40 pm
      They'll sell or loan him out, but not to us. City don't need to sell anyone. We can't afford a sulking Torres in our team, City wouldn't care. Not like Johnson is a starter there to begin with. Big difference.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #119: Apr 03, 2011 02:55:19 pm
      Blaise Matuidi would be my choice mate.  Has the tackling abilty of Masch and the passing quality of Xabi.

Just looked him up there, sounds decent and Comolli has a link with him too. Has attracted interest from Arsenal and Milan before.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #120: Apr 03, 2011 03:32:17 pm
      Just looked him up there, sounds decent and Comolli has a link with him too. Has attracted interest from Arsenal and Milan before.

He does LL.  We would have the best of both worlds with him. 

The Arsenal and Milan interest was summer 2009 but his team slapped a 30m Euros price tag on his head to stop it all.  Not sure if that's what he will cost now though.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #121: Apr 03, 2011 03:39:20 pm
      He does LL.  We would have the best of both worlds with him. 

The Arsenal and Milan interest was summer 2009 but his team slapped a 30m Euros price tag on his head to stop it all.  Not sure if that's what he will cost now though.

Comolli was there then, he knew he would have the Liverpool job so kept him for us!! ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #122: Apr 03, 2011 03:41:15 pm
      Comolli was there then, he knew he would have the Liverpool job so kept him for us!! ;)

;)
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #123: Apr 03, 2011 03:54:29 pm
      With current personnel (if everyone is fully fit):

Gerrard            Lucas

Kuyt               Suarez             Cole

Carroll

By the end of the summer we have to be looking to get a better midfield partner for Gerrard and two new wingers:

Gerrard                Diarra

Young             Suarez              Johnson

Carroll

If you have two wingers like that second team then Carroll will be utilised properly and stretching teams out wide allows more space for Gerrard and Suarez to enjoy in the middle.

Currently everythings fu**ed up when Meireles is on the left and Kuyt is on the right. We're too narrow meaning Luis has to drift out wide but he doesn't want to cross it so there's no width and no service to Carroll.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #124: Apr 03, 2011 04:22:42 pm

Carroll

I doubt we will get Diarra. And Put Suarez up top with Carroll and that's good. Suarez is not a CAM or a winger, he is a striker.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #125: Apr 03, 2011 04:25:13 pm
      I doubt we will get Diarra. And Put Suarez up top with Carroll and that's good. Suarez is not a CAM or a winger, he is a striker.

But he's not an out and out striker, he's a player who likes to drops deep and pick the ball up. Look at how he played against the manc cu*ts, most of the dangerous work he did was actually out wide.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #126: Apr 03, 2011 04:29:49 pm
      But he's not an out and out striker, he's a player who likes to drops deep and pick the ball up. Look at how he played against the manc cu*ts, most of the dangerous work he did was actually out wide.

Not only that, I think there were a few times when he totally bossed when he came through the byline yesterday.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #127: Apr 03, 2011 04:32:30 pm

I think we could get Diarra. Not first choice for Madrid. Lass Diarra would be a quality addition to the team.

By the end of the summer we have to be looking to get a better midfield partner for Gerrard and two new wingers:

Carroll

There's no doubt that this attacking 6 is quality and would scare any team in the world. I doubt we could get Johnson.

I agree with Meireles, to lightweight for center midfield, not a proper winger and would prefer Suarez behind Carroll. Don't see a first team place for him IMO.

I would give him another season, a lot of players toughen up in their second season
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #128: Apr 03, 2011 04:34:58 pm

True, he does do most of his work outside. But the thought of having only Carroll in the striker position with the CM's we have (besides Gerrard) isn't really too much of a goal threat as of right now. And having only Carroll up top scares me as well because we don't know what he is capable yet and Suarez is proving his worth. We have no creativity, which is why i like Suarez in the middle because he is one of the only creative people we have. After the summer window, we should have (hopefully) 2 quality wingers. Then we should be able to put Suarez and Carroll up top together.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #129: Apr 03, 2011 04:37:43 pm
      True, he does do most of his work outside. But the thought of having only Carroll in the striker position with the CM's we have (besides Gerrard) isn't really too much of a goal threat as of right now. And having only Carroll up top scares me as well because we don't know what he is capable yet and Suarez is proving his worth. We have no creativity, which is why i like Suarez in the middle because he is one of the only creative people we have. After the summer window, we should have (hopefully) 2 quality wingers. Then we should be able to put Suarez and Carroll up top together.

Kenny knows what Carroll is capable of, thats why he is the King.

If you've seen Carroll before, you'll know he can play that role, he's big and can hold the ball up, trouble is he's not fully fit yet and having no proper wingers, means at the moment we're putting square pegs into round holes and having to make do.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #130: Apr 03, 2011 04:40:39 pm

Real Madrid usually have a summer clear out, wouldn't be surprised to see him replaced by a 'bigger name'.

And as for Suarez I put him just behind the front man but he can have a free role as far as I'm concerned. If we get players like Young then we are more versatile. If Suarez drifts to the right, Young can move in to the centre freely.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #131: Apr 03, 2011 04:41:11 pm
      Kenny knows what Carroll is capable of, thats why he is the King.

If you've seen Carroll before, you'll know he can play that role, he's big and can hold the ball up, trouble is he's not fully fit yet and having no proper wingers, means at the moment we're putting square pegs into round holes and having to make do.

What i meant was that we don't know what he is capable because he is just getting back to fitness. Look at torres he got hurt last year and hasn't been the same since. He lost his form. If Carroll regains his form, I would be happy to look at Suarez on the wing. But if he doesn't for a little while then we can't rely too much on him, hence putting Suarez as a striker.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #132: Apr 03, 2011 04:43:25 pm
      And as for Suarez I put him just behind the front man but he can have a free role as far as I'm concerned. If we get players like Young then we are more versatile. If Suarez drifts to the right, Young can move in to the centre freely.

I agree with that.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #133: Apr 14, 2011 04:02:14 pm
      I wonder has the 5-3-2 formation been dropped now with 4 at the back now played? The defensive formation could have just been played to put some confidence back in the team through clean sheets
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #134: Apr 14, 2011 04:23:37 pm
      These two should score plenty of goals between them next season. Especially when Carroll is fully fit.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #135: Apr 15, 2011 12:51:05 pm
      I wonder has the 5-3-2 formation been dropped now with 4 at the back now played? The defensive formation could have just been played to put some confidence back in the team through clean sheets

I think the formation has been dropped because of injuries, we were playing it against West Ham, and had to change when Kelly pulled up, now we've lost Agger and Johnson as well, we were so stretched we had to play Flanagan. We probably don't have enough defenders to play with 5 at the back.
      philh8
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #136: Apr 17, 2011 09:40:22 pm
      4-2-2-2
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #137: Apr 17, 2011 11:06:45 pm
      I'd say three positions might work well with us next year. 4-4-2, 4-4-2 (diamond), and a 4-2-3-1

Quick Reply