Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Top 4 will be stronger next season.

Read 15966 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Top 4 will be stronger next season.
      Reply #138: Feb 22, 2011 04:09:29 pm
      Thats how several of you sound to me. I just cringe of hearing 'the league is ours next season' its so annoying. I also cringe hearing reds over praise the team and its squad. Face facts and come down to reality and accept there are 5 teams in the league which are all better than ours.

Everybodys entitled to there opinions but personally I count 6 world class/stars in the side. Theres then 3-4 good players who can be part of the squad and play some sort of role through the season. Your kuyts, your joe coles, your skrtels, your lucas's etc.

That leaves 4-5 places to fill to make a decent squad. Thats the amount of players we need in my opinion. That will cost money.

The youth is jarg. How can you assess somebody by watching young lads playing football against young lads. Or f**king reserves playing reserves. Put them up against Vidic or Terry and they wouldn't get a sniff.

In the next 5 seasons Racer Im more than happy to bet you that less than 3 players make the step up and to be a success. I'll be suprised if theres even 1.

Reality is that since Kenny took over we have been one of the best squad's in the league, while that does not mean we have the best collection of player's nobody ever said you need to have a squad made up entirely of world class players as you many times now have suggested. Chemistry, Manager, grit and determination can have as much to do with success; not saying that alone would see us to the top but those attributes seem to be quite undervalued.

You continually back track on yourself you say that we have 6 world class players on our squad and we need 4-5 more world class players?....so what you mean is we need a team full of Messi's....LFC have never been about that nor will it ever need to buy it's way to the top. You wonder why people give you crap about supporting other clubs.  Do we need improvements YES we do, especially on the wings...but do we need to pick up 4-5 world class players to compete for the title? Unequivocally NO.

I did not know that Arsenal, Spurs, Scum and Chelski played they're reserves against the starting 11 of they're competition..how the hell do you think Arsne or Fergie judge they're youth? the judge them as they compete against players of the same age and experience, in that context having real skill will make certain players shine above the rest and move forward....You are making it sound as though our kid's play the local weekend clubs while Arsenal sends they're reserves to play against Barca's starting 11.

Oh and gratz to you for being on this board the last 15 years discussing the academy system, most impressive seeing as you started at 8 years of age...well done.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #139: Feb 22, 2011 04:28:13 pm
      Face facts and come down to reality and accept there are 5 teams in the league which are all better than ours.

How are they better? Not on current form. League position? Surely, as a Red, you can accept that Hodgson handicapped us in that regard. Squad? With exception of Man City (maybe), it can be argued successfully that each and every one of the teams that are currently above us need to strengthen.

That makes them no different to us and (when you remove the Hodgson effect) we are as good as any, whether you like it or not C9.

When it comes to cringing at fellow Reds - that says more about your continual, sour, negative, outlook on the team you purport to follow than I or anyone else can.

The top four will be stronger next season no doubt and we'll be on top of 'it' - which will make it all the more pleasing. C'mon you Redmen.

« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2011 06:27:11 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #140: Feb 22, 2011 04:30:57 pm
      I do cringe aswel when people talk about winning the league.

Why F***ing cringe then you spoon-bait?  >:D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #141: Feb 22, 2011 04:45:59 pm
      Why f**king cringe then you spoon-bait?  >:D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,178 posts | 265 
      Reply #142: Feb 22, 2011 06:31:13 pm
      No doubt IMO next season EPL (for us to finish in top 4) will be harder than this season. All current top 5 teams will strengthen their squad of course but no way anyone can say we will never compete for top 4, even winning the title !

We all knew we need reinforcement, and the big ones needed, I think. My opinions are as following.

Our world class quality players we have ...
      -Reina : still possible of him leaving this summer.
      -Gerrard : problem is his injuries, and I can't see better situation because his style of play.

Our spine players with are proved in EPL we have ...
      -Agger  : injury problem to be consider.
      -Carragher : his age and lost of pace.
      -Johnson : best if we play wingback, but if play him RB/LB it's nightmare as he can't defend.
      -Lucas : must improve in passing, his best position is still not clear (at least for me :D), he's still not good DM.
      -Meireles : if play him CM he need improve in defense.

Players still need to proof in EPL but I confident they're good enough...
      -Carroll, Suarez : they were expected to be key players from next season.

Yougsters still unproven but I also believe they have potential and to be a good backup...
      -Kelly, Shelvey, Wilson : especially Kelly he played very good as RB, but he's no suit for wingback I think.

So to improve our squad I think firstly we must keep Reina, losing him is a big trouble I believed. Then we need one quality CB in Agger or Carragher's caliber, the like of Neven Subotić I think. I don't think LB is now the first priority as GJ/Kelly/Agger/Wilson can play there, and we have youngsters for backup if need. But I never say I don't want quality LB, just use money on other position which is critically shortage, that is a real quality wing forward, Ashley Young as many preferred :). I don't think we need the 2 out and out wingers but more versatile wing forward/striker like Suarez will give more options of attacking. Most important this players must be a lightening speed and has skills to beat defenders one as now we lack this kind of attack. I think with 4-3-3 Suarez can play on one side of wing forward and nobody do not want to see Sterling get some game as backup when need. And I think we still need the real quality DM who can support attack well and can protect our defense, the like of Alonso or De Rossi. The last one we need the quality backup striker for Andy Carrol, must be a proved quality in EPL, the like of Craig Bellamy for backup is OK I think.

red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #143: Feb 22, 2011 06:54:16 pm
      The top 4 will be stronger next season ,why? because we'll be leading them ! if we had played the first part of the season with the commitment and trust we are showing now we would have been in the top 4, let's face it ! this season not one team has been outstanding despite all their wealth and players ,Mancs have stuttered and somehow got points,Spurs are having ( what i believe to be ) a one-off season ,Man City may lose players like Tevez next season,....can't wait !
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #144: Feb 22, 2011 11:05:47 pm
      As Kenny said, noones bigger than the club, no other squad in the top 6 other than LFC has squad players that think like that.

Only ones close are manure and the players that do think like that are about to retire :D We will def be top challengers next season in my opinion.

LFC/Gunners/Citee is the title race in my opinion for 11/12

I cant see Manure strengthening - they wont have a keeper
      Chelski - all getting older - Drogba this season a fine example of their squad
      Spurs - their back line cant cut the mustard

With 2 preferably 3 decent signings we will be the team strengthening the most in the summer without a doubt

Quick Reply