Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Dreams

Read 56849 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Dreams
      Reply #92: Feb 12, 2009 04:14:25 pm
      I always get that! I sort of think I know this is a dream. When I was even younger I used to think I could wake myself up from a dream as well if it was particularly scary. I had quite a funny one (not at the time) where I was swimming through murky water and a massive shark came out of nowhere, I clearly remember thinking "F**k it, it's only a dream" and waking up just as he ate me. :D

Scariest one I've had was when I was having a nightmare as a kid, and thought I'd woken up. I was in my bed and everything, the only difference being there was a pile of stacked cans at the foot of my bed (which I didn't notice, it being a dream and all ;)). Suddenly this massive bat-monster-thing burst through the window and through the cans toward me. Woke up and I swear I my eyes didn't leave my window for hours, I was too bloody scared! :D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #93: Feb 12, 2009 04:39:42 pm
      I think lucid dreaming is where you're in the middle of your dream and you realise its a dream so you can do whatever you want, even wake yourself up if you wish.  I get them all the time, and I'm even aware that I've had the same dream before and know what's going to happen next.  So I can avoid scary things or warn others of impending danger ;)

Does anybody else ever dream about jumping down the stairs?  And you kind of go in slow motion in mid-jump and think you're going to die, but land softly at the bottom.  Or another one I have is where you're trying to run but you're so tired that you can't, and you feel your legs collapsing so you start to crawl.

I had the weirdest dream last night where I was in this big room, which was my bedroom I think, and I was watching sky sports news on a big cinema screen TV.  I was only in my boxers and waiting to have a shower but someone was already in it so I had to wait.  I walked out of the room and realised I needed a clean pair of boxers so I went down to the end of the room and found them on the production line of a factory.  As I tried to reach them they moved down the line and I chased them but they kept moving and moving, and I realised they were going to be baked in the pies on the line.  I started shouting and the people stopped the machine so I could get my boxers out of the pie.  Then I realised I couldn't wear them because they were covered in pie.  Thats when I woke up.  Dreams are so weird.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #94: Feb 12, 2009 04:45:21 pm
      Does anybody else ever dream about jumping down the stairs?  And you kind of go in slow motion in mid-jump and think you're going to die, but land softly at the bottom.  Or another one I have is where you're trying to run but you're so tired that you can't, and you feel your legs collapsing so you start to crawl.

I don't get the lucid dreaming thing unfortunately, I understand the idea, but when I'm in my dream everything seems real, I don't realise that it's a dream.

But the two things I quoted, I often have both. The first one, it's not necessarily stairs, I remember having one where I was bunny-hopping on a BMX, but I was getting really good at it. Then it started getting silly, and I was able to bunny-hop the bike about 10-15 metres in the air, but I was always landing really softly! I remember being freaked out in the dream, but loving it too! :D

The second one, I often have dreams where I can't run fast enough. I try to run harder and harder, but just seem to be going really slowly. I can't understand it in the dream, I think I must be able to go faster, but I can't.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #95: Feb 12, 2009 05:00:12 pm
      I get what you mean with the running ayrton! It seems like your trying to sprint but end up moving slow motion or something. :D

Weird huh...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #96: Feb 12, 2009 05:52:34 pm
      I woke up, or dreamed I did, to find a incredibly tall man standing at the end of my bed. I can still see his face today, full of evil intention! Anyway, he then started leaning towards me over the bed, and I screamed and rushed under the covers in fright - childish reaction, but I was terrified. Eventually coming out, obviously there was no-one there.

That sounds more like sleep paraylsis that mate. That's one of the most common experiences of it.

I'm sure we've had this conversation before, too?
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #97: Feb 12, 2009 05:55:16 pm
      Or another one I have is where you're trying to run but you're so tired that you can't, and you feel your legs collapsing so you start to crawl.

I get that dream quite regularly. I hate it because i can feel the pain in my legs that's stopping me from walking. And when i wake up i just check to make sure my legs are there and that i can walk.  :D

Another dream i get regularly is me falling off a cliff but i wake up just before i hit the sea.  :-\

And then i get random dreams like when I'm in chocolate land.  :D
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #98: Feb 12, 2009 06:00:40 pm
      I dreamt last night that we lost 3-1 to Pompey on Saturday. When i woke up, i was all depressed and then i remembered and shouted "YEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #99: Feb 12, 2009 06:15:41 pm
      I get that dream quite regularly. I hate it because I can feel the pain in my legs that's stopping me from walking. And when I wake up I just check to make sure my legs are there and that I can walk.  :D

I know what you mean about the pain in your legs.  Its a horrible feeling actually not being able to run in your dream and the tiredness in your legs makes it very painful.  Alot of the time though I can wake myself up if I'm trying to run away from something and I'm aware its a dream.

I also get dreams that seem real and when I wake up I'm so pissed off if its a good dream.  Its weird because I dream every single night and always remember them quite vividly, especially after I've just woke up.  Sometimes I forget them after a while but alot of people I talk to about dreams don't have them every night and can't remember them if they do.  I don't think I experience a dreamless sleep very often, which I'm glad of because I look forward to dreams :D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #100: Feb 12, 2009 07:10:45 pm
      That sounds more like sleep paraylsis that mate. That's one of the most common experiences of it.

I'm sure we've had this conversation before, too?

Yeah, I have had that, and remember talking about it, but this one was different because I was able to move, so didn't think it was related.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #101: Mar 09, 2009 10:31:15 am
      Ok i have this frequent dream about playing for the reds, i know its gotta be a common dream on this board, so go on admit it who else actually dreams of playing for the reds.

I have always been a very decent player, but i realise the realities of making it big time are probably small without massive amounts of effort, so maybe dreams are our fantasies brought to life for our own comfort. I did feel revitalised the next day though, Today i will be thinking of Claudi sheifer hoping that this influences tonights dreams, could be better than last night.

oh yes Gerrard promised me tickets to the Man U game, so i suppose i wont get them now, Damn!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #102: Mar 11, 2009 07:05:19 pm
      Bad one last night in the dressing room with Ronaldo having a laugh!!!!F**king Hell :f_wah:.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #103: Mar 11, 2009 07:32:40 pm
      in the dressing room with Ronaldo

Backs to the wall, lads! ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #104: Mar 11, 2009 07:34:40 pm

Tip...Never take soap, only shower gel.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #105: Mar 11, 2009 07:38:34 pm
      Tip...Never take soap, only shower gel.

Soap on a rope would be ok, though! :D

Jeeez, just looked on Google images for soap on a rope, look what I found: Jimmy Saville soap on a rope!  :lmao:

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #106: Mar 11, 2009 07:55:12 pm
      I had the weirdest and funniest dream last night.

I was playng for Man City against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and Chelsea were on the attack, although there was an obvious foul on my teammate Richard Dunne in the build-up which the referee (Mike Riely) missed. Anyway, the attack continued and Chelsea won a corner. I then confronted Riely and asked him why a free kick wasn't given for the foul on Dunne. He replied "Only 20 people saw it" :lmao:. I then said "Mike, 30000 people saw it"! At this point the ref took out a piece of bread, some Lurpak butter and a knife. He spread the butter over the bread and then engraved my name into it using the knife, so it basically meant I was booked.  :lmao: Mental stuff!
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      Reply #107: Mar 11, 2009 08:02:33 pm
      I had the weirdest and funniest dream last night.

I was playng for Man City against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, and Chelsea were on the attack, although there was an obvious foul on my teammate Richard Dunne in the build-up which the referee (Mike Riely) missed. Anyway, the attack continued and Chelsea won a corner. I then confronted Riely and asked him why a free kick wasn't given for the foul on Dunne. He replied "Only 20 people saw it" :lmao:. I then said "Mike, 30000 people saw it"! At this point the ref took out a piece of bread, some Lurpak butter and a knife. He spread the butter over the bread and then engraved my name into it using the knife, so it basically meant I was booked.  :lmao: Mental stuff!
      )

Had you been smokin the funny stuff  ;) :cool-smiley-027: :lmao:.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #108: Jun 22, 2009 05:52:16 pm
      Had the most bizarre dream last night.

I went to Hungry Jacks (burger king) and it had poker machines outside and Barack Obama was on one and then I went inside and there was a notice up saying we'd sold aurelio.

I think someone must have put something in my food or something because that was weird.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #109: Jun 23, 2009 09:54:55 am
      Or another one I have is where you're trying to run but you're so tired that you can't, and you feel your legs collapsing so you start to crawl.
      I get that one a lot. For some reason, it always occurs in my first primary school. Then there is also the dream that I'm naked and attend school (again my first school) like that.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #110: Jun 23, 2009 12:26:32 pm
      I get that one a lot. For some reason, it always occurs in my first primary school. Then there is also the dream that I'm naked and attend school (again my first school) like that.

I used to dream that. Horrible. Then I'd always find my trousers in a toilet cubicle and the relief was immense! :D
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #111: Jun 23, 2009 12:38:53 pm

Haha I get that one too while I'm at my primary school.  I remember one where I was lining up to get the bus and I realised I was only wearing a vest and underpants(you sort of stop wearing underpants when you leave primary school, don't you? :D) It was scary.  But as Ross says, when you find your clothes there is relief all round.

I dreamt last night about going to some place that made sandwiches, kind of like Subway but more posh.  But I decided to step behind the counter and make my own sandwich which is frowned upon but I didn't care.  Then they charged me £17 for my chicken sandwich so I blew smoke in their faces and went for fish and chips instead....weird.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #112: Jun 25, 2009 12:31:54 pm
      Last night i dreamt i was being attacked by Snails. I think i have a phobia of snails or something. For the past two days, i have woken up getting ready for school with great enthusiasm to find snail slime all over my shoes. I then found a snail in my shoe. How do people eat those things?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #113: Jun 25, 2009 01:07:21 pm
      I had a dream once.....Sigh  :f_wah:

I then found a snail in my shoe. How do people eat those things?

I wouldn't bother with just the one if I was you, but its normally with a little garlic and butter  :f_whistle:
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #114: Jun 28, 2009 08:08:53 am
      I just had a dream last night that Rafa was down on one knee in an old church, asking Isabella Swan from the Twilight book/film to marry him! :lmao:

He was dressed in some cheesy old tuxedo, red rose in his lapel, shiny black shoes, the works! :D Not sure what Montse would have to say about that! He was very sincere though, and the size of the stone on the ring, it looked like a rock!

Quick Reply