Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Reina
      (0%)
      Skrtel
      (5.3%)
      Johnson
      (3.5%)
      Spearing
      (7.9%)
      Cole
      (5.3%)
      Kuyt
      (3.5%)
      Carroll
      (63.2%)
      Meireles
      (8.8%)
      Carragher
      (2.6%)

Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance

Read 42158 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Braga 1-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match Annoyance
      Reply #391: Mar 10, 2011 09:42:03 pm
      "Engine room" is nothing more than a soundbite bandied around by people who don't know what the F**k they're talking about.

The whole team is the engine room ffs, and if one part isn't working, it affects the rest of the team.

"Engine Room" is the heart beat of anyside aka the central midfield pairing, they are there to protect their back 4 in defence and win the ball, then launch the team and join in into attacks.

Like a certain Mr Dalglish said.

“For me the biggest change is the elevation in status of the game itself, through the evolution of the Premier League, and when things get bigger you obviously get more of the media coming in with greater interest,” says Dalglish.

“That’s the biggest change for me – the things that happen in and around the game not the game actually itself, and not the playing of the game or not the working towards the playing of the game.

“The story of the game itself isn’t that different, it’s still 11 aside, still more or less the same rules and the ball is still the same shape. So I don’t think the game itself is too different.

thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #392: Mar 10, 2011 09:42:42 pm
      Our worst match in 2011, the worst under the King. Very very bad Poulsen, Meireles, Kyrgiakos, Cole, too much work for Kuyt but nothing special. Andy Car a breath of fresh air. I didn't understand why KK didn't change the formation at half time, when Andy is came we have played a bit better (not at our standards at all). After victory against Manchester we thought to come from the moon, today Braga has brought us back to earth. Now we need a bath of humility - and Gerrard, Aurelio, Kelly, Agger -. But now they have to come in Anfield, and we mustn't let them to score goal. Or we can if we score 3 or more goal. I think we can do it. But the true spirit is needed.
      Definetely not our worst game in 2011, that's Blackburn hands down, worst I've ever seen us play.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #393: Mar 10, 2011 09:43:42 pm
      we are turning into blueshite the way the players can up there game for united and chelsea but as soon as we play average teams like wigan,braga,west ham,blackpool ,wolves we go missing over and over again and if you cant see it then you need to go a match or two  :roll:
      Braga are more than an average team at home in europe.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #394: Mar 10, 2011 09:44:33 pm
      No mate engine room is what makes a F***ing team tick and anyone that played the F***ing game would be aware of the phrase and knows it refers to the midfield but then your whole argument seems is 90% to revolve around how great Lucas.

He is a F***ing squad player at best. Poulsen was sh*te tonight so was Lucas, I keep hearing he has great attacking ability isn't it about time he shows it after 3 F***ing years here.

He would if he didn't have to keep covering for others F**k ups, and played in a position that allowed him to.

It's called tactical discipline - and the fact that he covers for the full backs who can't defend says it all.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #395: Mar 10, 2011 09:44:55 pm
      I don't think we should be too unhappy tonight, we were bad in the first half but after Carroll came on the game changed completely and we looked dangerous, Kaka should have gone aswell by the way.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #396: Mar 10, 2011 09:45:49 pm
      we are turning into blueshite the way the players can up there game for united and chelsea but as soon as we play average teams like wigan,braga,west ham,blackpool ,wolves we go missing over and over again and if you cant see it then you need to go a match or two  :roll:

It's been like that for twenty years though getting up for the big games you mean, i mean who gives a F**k about Chelsea, stop trying to claim them as our F***ing rivals, they're not and never have been.

danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #397: Mar 10, 2011 09:46:42 pm
      City being 2-0 down makes me feel a bit better.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #398: Mar 10, 2011 09:47:35 pm
      "Engine Room" is the heart beat of anyside aka the central midfield pairing, they are there to protect their back 4 in defence and win the ball, then launch the team and join in into attacks.

Like a certain Mr Dalglish said.

“For me the biggest change is the elevation in status of the game itself, through the evolution of the Premier League, and when things get bigger you obviously get more of the media coming in with greater interest,” says Dalglish.

“That’s the biggest change for me – the things that happen in and around the game not the game actually itself, and not the playing of the game or not the working towards the playing of the game.

“The story of the game itself isn’t that different, it’s still 11 aside, still more or less the same rules and the ball is still the same shape. So I don’t think the game itself is too different.

More bullshit - highlighting something doesn't make it more relevant...

here's a quote for you:
      “Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

That's what Lucas does - F**k your "engine room" and all the rest of the bollocks you pick up from the SS (sly sports) Shanks got it spot on.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #399: Mar 10, 2011 09:48:12 pm
      No mate engine room is what makes a f**king team tick and anyone that played the f**king game would be aware of the phrase and knows it refers to the midfield but then your whole argument seems is 90% to revolve around how great Lucas.

He is a f**king squad player at best. Poulsen was sh*te tonight so was Lucas, I keep hearing he has great attacking ability isn't it about time he shows it after 3 f**king years here.
      You don't know whether Lucas was topld to hold his position and not go forward much.
      5fingersOFfowler
      • Banned

• 28 posts |
      Reply #400: Mar 10, 2011 09:48:52 pm
      Braga are more than an average team at home in europe.
      really is that why there sh##e in there own league ?, lets be honnest here if we had half the desire and skill on the pitch as we did against united we could of easily beat that team tonight, the players only turn up when we play a top side and in my view are cheating the club and the fans.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #401: Mar 10, 2011 09:50:31 pm
      If Djimi Traore was still playing for us things would have been different

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #402: Mar 10, 2011 09:50:42 pm
      Kenny wake up man what exactly was Lucas job tonight, was he the defensive midfielder or was Poulsen or do you think Kenny gave them instructions to sit it the centre circle all game and neither of them was to get forward, where was the F***ing drive, both of them looked asleep. I'm forever hearing excuses off you for the lad
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #403: Mar 10, 2011 09:51:03 pm
      really is that why there sh##e in there own league ?, lets be honnest here if we had half the desire and skill on the pitch as we did against united we could of easily beat that team tonight, the players only turn up when we play a top side and in my view are cheating the club and the fans.

You are the weakest link.

goodbye.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #404: Mar 10, 2011 09:51:38 pm
      One of the worst midfield performances in terms of creativity Ive witnessed for a while. The King knows more than me, but Spearing on the right was never going to work. Poulsen is still in contention for being one of the worst players to ever put on a LFC shirt.

Caroll was the only shining light in drab alround performance.

That being said, we'll stuff them at Anfield.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #405: Mar 10, 2011 09:53:38 pm
      Kenny wake up man what exactly was Lucas job tonight

Ha Ha.

Here we go again....
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #406: Mar 10, 2011 09:53:53 pm
      Kenny wake up man what exactly was Lucas job tonight, was he the defensive midfielder or was Poulsen or do you think Kenny gave them instructions to sit it the centre circle all game and neither of them was to get forward, where was the F***ing drive, both of them looked asleep. I'm forever hearing excuses off you for the lad

It's not excuses - Lucas stuck to his zone, and played the ball nicely, he broke up their play and got stuck in, he held the ball and brought others into the game.
      If poulsen was getting in the way, blame the people who gave them their instructions - Lucas stuck to the same zone and didn't alter his play all night.
      He plays to instructions, and he does it well.

If your precious johnson did half the things that Lucas does he wouldn't get slated.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #407: Mar 10, 2011 09:54:27 pm
      So Kenny told Poulsen and Lucas to sit there and not get forward under any circumstances even though we only had 1 up front, strange tactics from Kenny
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #408: Mar 10, 2011 09:55:37 pm
      More bullshit - highlighting something doesn't make it more relevant...

here's a quote for you:
      “Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

That's what Lucas does - F**k your "engine room" and all the rest of the bollocks you pick up from the SS (sly sports) Shanks got it spot on.

Sky Sports ?

Your having a laugh mate I'm 33 and I was around and using that term long before Sky Sports was even aired in Britain.

You need to chillax a little KIK and stop taking everything so personally and ignore my posts and treat them with the contempt they deserve.  :roll:

Seriously though most managers in the English game from the grass roots up use the term "Engine Room", to describe their central midfield so seriously grow the F**k up.

danwarb
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #409: Mar 10, 2011 09:55:53 pm
      You don't know whether Lucas was topld to hold his position and not go forward much.
      He did manage to get forward on occasion, but I don't think anyone's claiming that our holding midfielder has "great attacking ability." That's not his area of expertise.
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #410: Mar 10, 2011 09:56:03 pm
      Europe I don't care about their own league, they have beaten Arsenal and Celtic well at home this season and played well tonight.
      5fingersOFfowler
      • Banned

• 28 posts |
      Reply #411: Mar 10, 2011 09:57:48 pm
      One of the worst midfield performances in terms of creativity Ive witnessed for a while. The King knows more than me, but Spearing on the right was never going to work. Poulsen is still in contention for being one of the worst players to ever put on a LFC shirt.

Caroll was the only shining light in drab alround performance.

That being said, we'll stuff them at Anfield.

agree lucas and poulson are so poor its unreal and speering isnt any better but at least he shows passion like kuyt were as the othere two are like dumb and dumber.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #412: Mar 10, 2011 10:01:12 pm
      Sky Sports ?

Your having a laugh mate I'm 33 and I was around and using that term long before Sky Sports was even aired in Britain.

You need to chillax a little KIK and stop taking everything so personally and ignore my posts and treat them with the contempt they deserve.  :roll:

Seriously though most managers in the English game from the grass roots up use the term "Engine Room", to describe their central midfield so seriously grow the F**k up.

I don't give a F**k how old you are - you've bought into the bullshit spouted by the press and soundbite managers hook, line and sinker.

Read some Rinus Michels, and then address the quote from Shanks.

I have NEVER heard a Liverpool manager talk about the "engine room" with the exception of hodgson - the whole team is the engine.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #413: Mar 10, 2011 10:04:30 pm
      If your precious johnson did half the things that Lucas does he wouldn't get slated.

Ha ha ha bit below the belt that one mate :)

I thought Lucas was easily the best of our midfield player today....... not that its saying much unfortunately.

Quick Reply