Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness

Read 60896 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Braga (0-1 on agg) Post match emptiness
      Reply #667: Mar 18, 2011 12:24:22 am
      I'm not quite sure what to say after that game as I'm not quite sure how we have went out against such an average side.

For us not to score in 180 minutes of football is not on and shows up the complete lack of creativity in the squad no matter what as think of the tactics used tonight.

As far as the game goes the usual failures where there for all to see. Cole and Maxi ineffective, Carra and Wilson hoofing all night, Dirk frustrating as ever and seems to have forgot the offside rule.

Midfield was also very poor and Lucas and Meireles didn't seem to want to have the responsibility to carry the ball and try and create, although the amount of times the ball just  sailed over their heads was ridiculous.

I really hope it is not a sign of things to come with the long ball up to Carroll as he offers a lot more than just a target man but without any decent wide players and lack of any real creativity we will always struggle to break teams down.

Very disappointing night and one to forget.
      ssr.w
      • Forum David Johnson

• 245 posts |
      • Liverbird tattoed in my heart!
      Reply #668: Mar 18, 2011 12:26:57 am
      worst footy I've ever seen ever..
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #669: Mar 18, 2011 12:33:51 am
      well our europa stats are appalling 5 games 2 goals we deserve to lose. 10 offsides to the reds none for braga. kuyt he just doesnt get the offside rule how many has he had this season,cole useless.why doesnt kenny play pacheo.we have about 6 average players on this team. carroll does try but doesnt have the skillsets of saurez. it might be sometime before we get back into europe. we need more quality to come in first
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #670: Mar 18, 2011 12:43:48 am
      Lets face it, if we don`t reach EU next season we are fu**ed.Mainly due most of ->decent/good/very good/world class players are horny only for 2 things:
      -Money(cant say we have tone of it for)
      -Eu comp.( most of players are dicks like Robben,they all want CL bla bla bla,and EL is like to fill their ambition a little bit.

Robben:“I cannot imagine that (playing in the Europa League),” Robben said.

“That is the worst that can happen. I think it is better if you don’t play in it at all.”

“Even winning the Europa League would not mean anything for me. That is not the title you want to win and it is not something I want.” sadly most of top players have same view about football today)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #671: Mar 18, 2011 12:47:07 am
      We rebuilt after Souness, We Rebuilt after Evans, We Rebuilt after Houllier and we'll rebuild again after the 4 horsemen of the Apocolypse, it was never going to be a rebuilding job in January, that time will come in the summer.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,556 posts | 246 
      Reply #672: Mar 18, 2011 12:55:56 am
      utter cack, I'd have rather watched us play some of our youngsters and give them some experience & got beat than watch that effort !
      I'm sure we put more crosses into the box before Carrol arrived ?
      another season hoping manure don't win anything
      bring on next season, new team, new hope
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #673: Mar 18, 2011 01:33:49 am
      That game in one word:

Hoof.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #674: Mar 18, 2011 01:38:00 am
      I said it at half time. Cole and Maxi offer nothing!!!

In fact, I've been saying it all season. They gave us no width, they have no pace and they did not deliver one decent cross into Carroll.

We made changes and looked a bit better but why did those changes take so long? What was Kenny waiting for?

We have been knocked out because of a clumsy Krygiakos tackle.

I could go on and on. This summer is massive. But we probably won't be able to offer ANY sort of European football now!
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #675: Mar 18, 2011 01:39:25 am
      No they didn't thats bollocks.

Thats also Bollocks.

That is also Bollocks they played us the final game of their title winning Season and they needed 3 points of us to guarantee the league title, we won the game and Blackburn needed Man United to draw or get beat from what I remember, which duly happened and they were crowned Champions.

Thats bollocks too, its like your saying they got lucky in every game they played to take them to a league title ?

U'm Ok.  :roll:

Complete loads of Bollocks Kenny and you know it, your just trying to bend the truth to make your argument look that little stronger.

Loads of hoofing eh.

Blackburn Rovers goals 1994-95

yeah, pick a goal 80's boy.

F**k off - you haven't got a F***ing clue about the modern game.

Keep playing those 80's and 90's tapes - who knows, maybe history will repeat the "engine room"
      nickykop
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 156 posts |
      Reply #676: Mar 18, 2011 02:38:25 am
      Your a F***ing idiot KiK. We played badly tonight, yes. KK had bad tactics tonight, yes. But who did he have to put on for plan b? Wilson was getting raped all night on the left, so he needed protection all night, so he couldn't risk the shape. It didn't help that Carra/Skrtle were in hoof mode as well.

Carra doing that is not a manager telling him to do that, thats what he has always F***ing done. He done it for Houllier, he done it for Rafa. I remember in the period of (probably) are best performing team for years when we beat Manc's 4-1 then several european games after (Madrid 4-0 I remember?) He did it all F***ing day. Luckily he had Agger next to him, who actually plays out of defence to pull wool over this fact.

We have no wingers, no width at all, no pace. What the F**k could Kenny could of done? Put on a shirt and do it himself? People on here moan about Pacheco not playing, have you not thought that maybe, he is F***ing sh*te, and the manager's who see him every F***ing day think that? Rafa didn't play him, Roy didn't play him, and now Kenny doesn't. Neil Mellor was a god in reserves, doesn't mean they become god's in first team.

Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #677: Mar 18, 2011 03:03:05 am
      Squad need a big overhaul in the summer.
      At least 50% of current first team gone.
      -Wilson not good enough comparing him to Kelly. Dunno about him at CB.
      -Cole, his pay check to performance ratio says it all.
      -Kuyt, still good on the bench
      -Agger too injury prone, see him as a squad rotating player.
      -Skytel, normal, but we can get better CB. thought his first season under Rafa was ok.
      -Maxi, I rather use suso pacheco etc
      -Merieles, i think he is ok. but not a playmaker.
      -lucas, we need to have another DM competing with him. He's prolly tired playing so many games.
      -Carra, i dunno
      -Gerrard, fine
      -Carroll, see how newcastle plays for him to be good.
      -Suarez, fine, but like Torres after his first season, defenders know him, and likely difficult to perform once prematch tactics tell defenders what to do. Likely in the next game at Sunderland under Steve Bruce.

etc

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #678: Mar 18, 2011 03:03:07 am
      yeah, pick a goal 80's boy.

F**k off - you haven't got a F***ing clue about the modern game.

Keep playing those 80's and 90's tapes - who knows, maybe history will repeat the "engine room"

You got proven wrong fella, no need for the childish insults.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #679: Mar 18, 2011 03:08:26 am
      Wish had a quid for every time "F**k off" got said in this topic tonight.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #680: Mar 18, 2011 03:08:50 am
      Lets face it, if we don`t reach EU next season we are fu**ed.Mainly due most of ->decent/good/very good/world class players are horny only for 2 things:
      -Money(cant say we have tone of it for)
      -Eu comp.( most of players are dicks like Robben,they all want CL bla bla bla,and EL is like to fill their ambition a little bit.

Robben:“I cannot imagine that (playing in the Europa League),” Robben said.

“That is the worst that can happen. I think it is better if you don’t play in it at all.”

“Even winning the Europa League would not mean anything for me. That is not the title you want to win and it is not something I want.” sadly most of top players have same view about football today)

yeah, thats my biggest worry aswell. everybody is saying we need to buy class players to replace the medicore ones we have but attracting the class player will prove to be difficult,
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #681: Mar 18, 2011 03:09:28 am
      Carragher should not be a regular starter. Skrtel should be sold. Wilson isn't a LB and not all youngsters are Kelly.
      We lack creativity because we play with 3 CM who lack creativity and ALL our wingers are past their best.
      bradders
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      • since I was knee high to a grasshopper!
      Reply #682: Mar 18, 2011 03:22:35 am
        :( Gutted that we're out.  Have recorded game due to being at work, and by the sound of things, I shouldn't bother watching it unless I want depressing any more than I already am.  I still hope that Kenny gets the gig, I think we need some stability now and the players must be wondering if someone new will come in and change things around again.  Also it's not Kenny's fault that some key players are unavailable at the moment.  At least those that are playing seem to really care now and seem to be striving to fight for a good result (obviously if that wasn't the case in tonight's game, I apologise, I can't comment on that until I've seen it).
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #683: Mar 18, 2011 03:23:53 am
      Your a f**king idiot KiK. We played badly tonight, yes. KK had bad tactics tonight, yes. But who did he have to put on for plan b? Wilson was getting raped all night on the left, so he needed protection all night, so he couldn't risk the shape. It didn't help that Carra/Skrtle were in hoof mode as well.

Carra doing that is not a manager telling him to do that, thats what he has always f**king done. He done it for Houllier, he done it for Rafa. I remember in the period of (probably) are best performing team for years when we beat Manc's 4-1 then several european games after (Madrid 4-0 I remember?) He did it all f**king day. Luckily he had Agger next to him, who actually plays out of defence to pull wool over this fact.

We have no wingers, no width at all, no pace. What the f**k could Kenny could of done? Put on a shirt and do it himself? People on here moan about Pacheco not playing, have you not thought that maybe, he is f**king sh*te, and the manager's who see him every f**king day think that? Rafa didn't play him, Roy didn't play him, and now Kenny doesn't. Neil Mellor was a god in reserves, doesn't mean they become god's in first team.

Get in son! Right on.
      archit
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 84 posts |
      Reply #684: Mar 18, 2011 04:51:14 am
      who wanted carra out? we would be diabolical defensively.I agree that the hoof ball tactic has been used only because we didnt have enough pace and creativity up front to break up a highly disciplined Braga side with protecting a 1-0 advantage.Fact that mereiles and lucas kept passing the ball back to the defense line rather than going forward proved that the gameplan was to use andy caroll as a target man and whip in long balls into the box.Its not something which carra decided to do based on his own judgement.
      The long ball strategy was not bad considering all this , but consistently relying on it throughout the 90 cost us the tie.
      sirignano
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 307 posts |
      Reply #685: Mar 18, 2011 07:35:35 am
      it can only get better i suppose? ajax went out aswell last night so suarez wont be thinking 'what if' or anything like that haha
      NorthernIrishRed
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 195 posts |
      Reply #686: Mar 18, 2011 08:14:09 am
      Last night we missed Kelly,Gerrard,Agger and Suarez!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #687: Mar 18, 2011 08:27:34 am
      Firstly, if KK had a fully fit squad with no cup-tied players I'm not even sure Carrol would have started ! but to give a new lad his first full 90 mins in Cup match was a mistake in my eyes, tactics had to be altered to suit Carrol and Carragher was the guy used to feed him, it didn't work so he's now getting the blame , just like he got the praise in Turkey !
      We're out now and there's F**k all we can do about it, Braga countered our tactics excellently, shouldn't they be given credit for that ?
      Kuyt's getting sh*t for the amount of offsides, but his role has changed since Torres left, he's not used to having to beat the trap, and again is a knockout match the palce try such a tactic ?

People are saying we performed better in Europe under Woy, WE DID but we played easier teams, when it gets to the knock out stages of any European Competition your playing the BEST it doesn't matter if you've never heard of them !

We're a club in transistion in every sense of the word, Owners, Debt, Manager, Players, competitions lad last but not least fans, SOME are so fickle they think a returning hero AFTER one tremendous win against the scum is gonna walk rough shod over everything in front of him with basically the same team that Woy Left him !

KK needs as much time as Rafa got and just as much patience from the fans, if it means a season or two with no European football then so be it !

Name me 1 English club who has achieved total domination of the English and European game without a manager being in charge for less than six years or having the foundations in place before he took over, we're trying to replicate the Success of the 70's and 80's (which began in '59 remember!) within six months of a take over,  FFS !

I very rarely comment on games as I'm not as tactically aware as most of you, by the time I've THOUGHT of what I want to type someones already posted it , but when it comes to being passionate I squeal like a banshee when we score and cry when we win or lose big finals and I'm 50 this year!

I'm gutted that we're out BUT I'm not blaming one person, be it a player or manager, all we can do now is deal with the rest of the season which means winning our remaining games starting this Sunday.

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #688: Mar 18, 2011 08:50:12 am
      Utter rubbish.

When we got Cole for free, we overpaid. I've seen more creativity in my two year old son than from that useless p***k.
      Thought the officials were poor, but we lacked spark, imagination but above all a plan b. It was working hoofing the ball in the area for Carroll (who was knocked about somthing ridiculous)

Still have complete faith in Kenny to turn things around, but we need some creative players - apart from Suarez
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #689: Mar 18, 2011 08:52:46 am
      While we continue to have too many average players, we will continue to have too many average performances. That is true now, as it was last week, and the week before. If we want to have a better team we are going to first need to have better players. Simple really.

Spot on Michael.

We have no wingers, no width at all, no pace.

And this also - been saying it for ages.

Look at the teams now in the last 8 of the CL and they all have wide players with pace and the ability to beat a man, we have no such players.

Quick Reply