Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Maxi (Newells Old Boys)

Read 23433 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Maxi (Newells Old Boys)
      Reply #23: Jun 15, 2011 01:18:48 pm
      We are talking about buying adam to make the squad stronger but we are talking about selling a lad that is an excellant squad player. His form towards the end of the season shoild not be dismissed it was his interchanging with raul kuyt suarez that made us look so good towards the end of the season when carroll played instead of football suffered a lot
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Jun 15, 2011 01:25:14 pm
      If Cole and Milan go before him, then fine. But as long as those blokes are here, we need Maxi to be the bench filler.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,494 posts | 2868 
      Reply #25: Jun 15, 2011 01:35:12 pm
      We're short enough on people who can play wide as it is.

Unless we plan to buy 3 wingers I really don't think we should tell him just yet.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Jun 15, 2011 01:36:15 pm
      We are talking about buying adam to make the squad stronger but we are talking about selling a lad that is an excellant squad player. His form towards the end of the season shoild not be dismissed it was his interchanging with raul kuyt suarez that made us look so good towards the end of the season when carroll played instead of football suffered a lot

The first part I agree with you definitely but why did you put carroll in this issue ??? Come on, he was not good in the last game but he was coming from an injure  :f_steam:
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #27: Jun 15, 2011 01:39:55 pm
      Wouldn't be sorry to see him go had 3 good games out of 30.
      Most games he was passenger doing absaloutely nothing half
      the time he didn't even want the ball.
      Dont think we'll get a bean for him personally.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #28: Jun 15, 2011 01:50:27 pm
      maxi is the type of player the kop gets extremely frustrated with because of his lack of work rate. If we are getting beat away to stoke 2-0 on a cold december morning with an hour left to play you can gurantee maxi will go missing and shy away from the game. Definately guranteed. Hes the type of player who doesnt want to know when the going gets tough.

If we are playing at home to swansea or somebody where it is a passing game, in the sun, then maxi all of a sudden comes to light and to be fair knocks it about/links up well at times.

He is way to inconsistent though and like others have mentioned 3-5 decent games towards the end of the season doesn't compensate some of the awful performances hes made in a red shirt. There have been more than enough games where i doubt maxi has even kicked the ball hes been that distant.

Hasn't really done anything in the prem, has he?

LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #29: Jun 15, 2011 02:01:26 pm
      maxi is the type of player the kop gets extremely frustrated with because of his lack of work rate. If we are getting beat away to stoke 2-0 on a cold december morning with an hour left to play you can gurantee maxi will go missing and shy away from the game. Definately guranteed. Hes the type of player who doesnt want to know when the going gets tough.

If we are playing at home to swansea or somebody where it is a passing game, in the sun, then maxi all of a sudden comes to light and to be fair knocks it about/links up well at times.

He is way to inconsistent though and like others have mentioned 3-5 decent games towards the end of the season doesn't compensate some of the awful performances hes made in a red shirt. There have been more than enough games where i doubt maxi has even kicked the ball hes been that distant.

Hasn't really done anything in the prem, has he?

WAY too many games where I forgot he was even playing. He's got good movement most of the time but he goes missing, he can't beat anyone off the dribble, slow as christmas.... some of you are saying keep him as a squad player, but if we're down 1-0 in the 70th and you see Maxi warming up who is thinking "this guy is an impact sub who can come on and change a game"? I certainly am not.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #30: Jun 15, 2011 03:22:04 pm
      Adam wants to go so should blackpool let him go free
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #31: Jun 15, 2011 03:24:37 pm
      Adam wants to go so should blackpool let him go free

Exactly, we are paying a premium for players, so Newells will have to offer us money that is befitting of his quality and in terms of how the transfer market is playing out.

Ā£5M is what I would value him at.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #32: Jun 15, 2011 03:26:26 pm
      I want him to stay.

I'm not saying that those few games when he couldn't stop scoring makes up for the rest of his career here, but like a few other players, I think Kenny is bringing the best out of him. I reckon his strong end to the season will continue into next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Jun 15, 2011 03:27:03 pm
      I reckon 7-8m. Cough it up, lads.

Thinking about not only his ability, but the whole scope of things, we would have to replace him as one of our only few wingers. That in itself would cost more than 5m. If they want him, they can help us fund a replacement or F**k off.
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #34: Jun 15, 2011 03:31:36 pm
      they don't have the money for that sort of deal i remember when they bought ortega about 5/6 years ago he had to pay sum sort of fee out of his own pocket for the move to happen
      hugh07
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #35: Jun 15, 2011 03:37:54 pm
      I want him to stay.

I'm not saying that those few games when he couldn't stop scoring makes up for the rest of his career here, but like a few other players, I think Kenny is bringing the best out of him. I reckon his strong end to the season will continue into next season.
      Agreed,Kenny had him starting in several games at the end of the season with good result.Some say that he had some bad games a few months back,but he wasnt the only one lads,the whole team were there.
      I would keep the bloke;a free its out of the discussion,a total joke.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Jun 15, 2011 03:42:48 pm
      If we let Maxi go we'd need to bring in at least three wingers this summer.

Juan Mata, Downing and someone to play on the right? Cazorla?
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #37: Jun 15, 2011 03:52:45 pm
      Don't want him to leave, clever techinical player, who works well in the free roaming system Kenny was playing with Maxi, Suarez and Dirk. There's no way we should let him 'loosen' his contract, why should we?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #38: Jun 15, 2011 04:27:30 pm
      Rodriguez departure will probably keep Meireles at Anfield.

If he goes - best of luck to him.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #39: Jun 15, 2011 04:38:54 pm
      I'll just say I think he should be moved on but for a price. He is a useful squad player but he is 30 and we want to start developing a squad as much as challenging.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #40: Jun 15, 2011 04:39:06 pm
      If he goes, I won't mind. He is decent backup as he is versatile and experienced, seems to be a great professional as well, but more often than not he's been totally invisible for us. The man scored a hat-trick in my first and so far only game at Anfield and for that I'll be eternally grateful, but I remember very well what I thought about him before this 7-goals streak and it hasn't really changed. If Kenny believes he can get this kind of performances out of him in a regular basis than fair enough, I just can't see it.

He is more suited to a 2nd striker position on this stage of his career IMO, where he can use his intelligence to link with the striker, but he's definitely not the man I'd use there, so just let him go if he wants. He has no pace to play on the wings and doesn't work not even half as hard as Kuyt. Even on his worst days, Kuyt will be showing up for the game, trying to get involved and helping defense if anything. Maxi on his worst days probably won't even be noticed. Yet, because he is an Argentine international and a player many people fancied for years before he came, he was still labeled 'creative'.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #41: Jun 15, 2011 04:43:51 pm
      It's frustrating that the players that are being linked with moves away are, thus far, the ones that were fairly successful last year, rather than the deadwood we actually need to get rid of.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #42: Jun 15, 2011 04:56:52 pm
      he was successful for all of three games really but wouldn't mind keeping him even though I question the logic of rafa even bringing him here in the first place
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #43: Jun 15, 2011 05:00:33 pm
      I question the logic of rafa even bringing him here in the first place

He was free thats why Rafa signed him
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #44: Jun 15, 2011 05:02:34 pm
      Let him go but not for free.

Thanks for Bolton away, Blackburn at home and the Brum and Fulham hattricks, that is about it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #45: Jun 15, 2011 05:10:19 pm
      Yeah, why would we want a wide attacking player that has scored more goals in the league than Nani, N'Zogbia, Walcott, Bale, Downing or Young last season ...

Proof, if ever proof was needed, that ā€œThere are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statisticsā€.     >:D

Quick Reply