Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. First game, what will it be?

Cracking win, here we go!
      60 (52.6%)
      That was close, but a win is a win!
      32 (28.1%)
      I'll take a draw, work in progress.
      10 (8.8%)
      A loss but the lads need time to gel.
      2 (1.8%)
      We need Messi!!
      10 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Guangdong 3-4 Liverpool - Post-match thoughts

Read 43709 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Guangdong v Liverpool 13 July 2011, KO: 13:00BST
      Reply #414: Jul 13, 2011 03:59:56 pm
      first half

4-2-3-1
      Guluci
      Kelly Rb
      Flanagan Lb
      Carra
      Wilson
      Spearing Dm
      Poulsen Dm
      Cole Rw
      Pacheco Lw
      Shelvey
      N'gog

second half
      4-2-3-1
      Jones (off 70 for Hanson)
      Wisdom rb
      Robinson lb
      Agger
      The greek
      Coady dm
      Adam Dm
      Kuyt Rw
      Maxi Lw
      Aquilani
      Carroll

Thanks mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #415: Jul 13, 2011 04:08:30 pm
      We did in our f**k let them play, we must of had something like 70% of possession I never saw them put more than 3 passes together in the second half.

Aquilani was playing in a advanced midfield role supporting Carroll if you have a problem with the time and space our midfield gave them then wouldn't it make more sense you complaining about the space given by Adam and Coady.(just like to say I myself had no problem with our midfield).

Your post makes f**k all sense if your saying Aquilani was poor yet Adam was good and then go on to talk about the space we gave them in midfield

Just talk to your self mate, you might have better luck convincing yourself of that.

Aquilani was playing in midfield, never challenged , never tackled, and after the first 15mins hardly made a pass. He floated about like he always does. Sometimes it comes off, but today it didn't.

Anyway there were a lot more players than Aquilani playing , I would prefer to talk about the positives rather than Aquilani.

LFCexiled
      Reply #416: Jul 13, 2011 04:10:29 pm
      we did well in spells, knocked around well.. in 30 degree heat which must be tough

first half, flanagan was excellent, kelly did well.. shelvey was decent but was sloppy with the ball a couple of occassions and didnt fight to get it back once he did.. cole was good, showed desire, hoping thats playing for his liverpool future rather than that he was in the shop window.. couple of lovely moves, pacheco unlucky with one he just put past the post following a 1-2 with cole.. n'gog was usual n'gog, lively just not quite up to it.. they scored the goal of the first half on the break but slighty disapointed with guluci with it as he could have cleaned it up with a puch if he had been quicker off the line

second half, 11 changes..   again decent in spells.. wisdom started well at rb ..robinson did well at lb..adam played well for the most part, his passing was as good as its been built up to be, aquilani did ok, some good passes too. coady did well. carroll grew into it as the game went on.. dirk and maxi looked a little off the pace
      then we switched off last 5 and probably missed carra organising at the back after we went 4-1 up

overall good workout..

Thank you, and..........

First game back.

30 Degree Heat.
      80% Humidity.

Score 4 goals.
      45 minutes of proper fitness levels worked on against a team that won 3-0 at the weekend and are at proper match fitness.

Job done.

No Gerrard, Suarez, Lucas, Raul, Skrtel, Henderson, Reina, and youngsters as fullbacks.

Wisdom you beast. Great goal Coady.

Bring on the next game.
      ............. Thank you ;)
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #417: Jul 13, 2011 04:12:52 pm
      Just got home and saw all the goals, really pleased that we got a win especially and pleased for Coady, concentration may have gone in the last few minutes but that's just rustiness.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #418: Jul 13, 2011 04:15:48 pm
      Very hard to debate with you when you can't see something extremely obvious tactically. Adam and Coady were playing deeper than Aquilani. That is not me saying it that is clearly what was happening and if you did indeed watch the match should have been able to see that for yourself.

If you had a problem with the space in midfield then you clearly had a problem with Adam and Coady
      CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #419: Jul 13, 2011 04:15:54 pm
      pre season is normally a walk about bore fest.
      today  was different and got to  say i  was pleasantly surprised and i enjoyed the game.
      1st  game of the "season" and was good.

kick off time (uk) for saturday please???
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #420: Jul 13, 2011 04:18:06 pm
      4-3! I didn't miss anything then! :o
      Brooklyn Red
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #421: Jul 13, 2011 04:21:17 pm
      kick off time (uk) for saturday please???

6am here, so 11am for you.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #422: Jul 13, 2011 04:22:05 pm
      Thank you, and..........
      ............. Thank you ;)

Reina

Johnson       Skrtel                First choice Left Back

Henderson      Gerrard        Lucas          New Winger

Raul

Suarez

So... On the presumption we are chasing Cissokho and Downing you could say we have another 10 players to come back, 9 if Raul is sold.

Early days yet folks

Kenny salutes debut boys
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-salutes-debut-boys
      13th Jul 2011 - Latest News

Kenny Dalglish was quick to praise debutants Charlie Adam and Conor Coady after they both impressed in the 4-3 win over Guangdong Sunray Cave.

The duo came on as second-half substitutes and each gave a good account of themselves, with 18-year-old Coady capping a dream night by adding the Reds' third strike of the contest.

Christian Poulsen, David Ngog and Andy Carroll were the other goalscorers, leaving Dalglish more than satisfied with the first run-out of pre-season.

The boss told his post-match press conference: "It was good to see Conor Coady score his first goal and for Charlie (Adam) to make his debut. To score four goals is obviously a bonus but it's only our first game and there's lots of work still to do."

He added: "It was a really good work out for us in very difficult conditions. We were disappointed to concede the goals at the end of both halves, but the main thing is that the lads got a run out and it's good that they all played 45 minutes without picking up any injuries."

The match concludes a hugely successful three day trip to China for Dalglish's men and the boss was quick to pay tribute to the incredible support they have received throughout their stay.

"We've had a fantastic reception in China," he added. "It's nice to come here and let fans get closer to Liverpool Football Club.

"It's important to keep doing it in the future because you could see tonight how much it meant to everyone in the stadium. The support was fantastic. Now we are looking forward to seeing the welcome we get when we arrive in Malaysia in the early hours."
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #423: Jul 13, 2011 04:26:17 pm
      No I didn't slate him, I said it how I saw it. First half we pressured them every time they had the ball, second half we let them play. Aquilani floated about didn't tackle didn't challenge. Adam did and played quite well.

First game of pre-season or last game of the season I try to tell it as I saw it..... not just to please you, or in this case upset you. 

I remember Aquilani making two or three challenges, even remember him going to ground for one, but I guess some people just see what they want to see.

CORNISH
      • Forum David Johnson

• 234 posts |
      Reply #424: Jul 13, 2011 04:32:44 pm

cheers BR.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #425: Jul 13, 2011 04:36:47 pm
      Didn't watch the game, but if Aqua played behind the front man, then I can't see how he can be blamed for our central midfield being bypassed. (If that even was the case)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #426: Jul 13, 2011 04:37:35 pm
      What the F**k is going on in here? Get back to the F***ing transfer board you wankers! ;)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #427: Jul 13, 2011 04:39:31 pm
      I remember Aquilani making two or three challenges, even remember him going to ground for one, but I guess some people just see what they want to see.

Or those who cannot see a " priest on a mountain of sugar "
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #428: Jul 13, 2011 04:39:54 pm

Nah mate, he went to ground but never got near enough to make a challenge for the ball. Maybe you should have gone to specsavers?  :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #429: Jul 13, 2011 04:40:01 pm
      Didn't watch the game, but if Aqua played behind the front man, then I can't see how he can be blamed for our central midfield being bypassed. (If that even was the case)

4-2-3-1
      Coady and Adam played deep.
      Aquilani in the hole.

Guangdong were excellent on the counter and to be fair we were lucky no to concede another goal in the first half when Spearing and Poulson were in the deeper roles
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #430: Jul 13, 2011 04:43:33 pm
      http://t.co/P5y4uq9

Highlights of match
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #431: Jul 13, 2011 04:44:50 pm
      4-2-3-1
      Coady and Adam played deep.
      Aquilani in the hole.

Guangdong were excellent on the counter and to be fair we were lucky no to concede another goal in the first half when Spearing and Poulson were in the deeper roles

Thanks man.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #432: Jul 13, 2011 04:44:59 pm
       I didn't get to see it myself, so thanks for the fella who posted up the goals. Some nice moves from both sides, and defensively all three of theirs left a bit for us to work on. For the first the keeper has to do a lot better, the right full back (Wisdom?) gets done too easy for the second, while the centre half (Agger?) gets strolled around for the third.

Nice to hear that some of the new guys did well though, as well as Joey Cole who one or two of us hadn't totally given up on. Good goal from Christian Poulsen too. If ever I'd like to see a player have a measure of success it's him after the way a section of our fans have treated him. 
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #433: Jul 13, 2011 04:46:22 pm
      Nah mate, he went to ground but never got near enough to make a challenge for the ball. Maybe you should have gone to specsavers?  :)

Don't need spec savers, he made a challenge, you said he never, perhaps you best book an appointment.

They do 2 for 1, be ideal for you and Mick.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #434: Jul 13, 2011 04:46:29 pm
      Jaysus Mick you have to have heard of Wisdom unless you've no knowledge of the club past the first team
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #435: Jul 13, 2011 04:48:32 pm
      I reckon that that Poulsen goal could add to his value in the transfer market. Reckon we will be looking at £2.55 now.

Jaysus Mick you have to have heard of Wisdom unless you've no knowledge of the club past the first team

Have you ever heard of Xavier Mascherano, Corbally?
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #436: Jul 13, 2011 04:49:21 pm

It says 10:45am on the offal.

Quick Reply