Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98802 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina)
      Reply #23: Jul 10, 2011 09:17:11 pm
      Was it someone who had been tipped off by LFCTransferSpec 4 days ago, who then told you a day later?.  ;)

Nah mate, I don't think so as far as I'm aware the person who told me doesn't use twitter.

Because Mascherano and Alonso seemed to do alright when they preferred to be somewhere else because they were professionals.  I've seen nothing that would indicate Aquilani is not much the same.  I also think it can be used to our advantage, if Aquilani wants a move to Italy - he'll give 120% from a professional point of view to make sure an Italian club signs him up this time next year.

Also to get selected for the Euro's.

I've used this anology before but Aquilani's situation is much like that of Alonso's.

Alonso wanted to return to Spain, he gave his best season in a reds shirt then went to the euro's with Spain and was sold.

Aquilani could possibly do the same.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #24: Jul 10, 2011 09:30:05 pm
      Because Mascherano and Alonso seemed to do alright when they preferred to be somewhere else because they were professionals.  I've seen nothing that would indicate Aquilani is not much the same.  I also think it can be used to our advantage, if Aquilani wants a move to Italy - he'll give 120% from a professional point of view to make sure an Italian club signs him up this time next year.

Totally unfair to bring Alonso into the debate as his situation was far removed from that of the Aquilani situation, worlds apart in fact. Mascherano had become disillusioned with the lack of investment and had family issues. Whether Aquilani has stated his reason as being his missus and kid?, then i can't comment as i haven't read any reports of this being the case so i am in no position to dispute the comment made by Blood.

Like i said, i'm not questioning Aquilani's professionalism, i'm questioning his commitment to Liverpool Football Club. Like you, i'm done already.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #25: Jul 10, 2011 09:30:48 pm
      Oh ffs someone on the wind up, this Fiorentina link is from may last year word for word, suggest someone claiming itk status is getting caught out yet again. I mean I could post the full article and claim I told you last may ffs.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Jul 10, 2011 09:51:18 pm
      Because Mascherano and Alonso seemed to do alright when they preferred to be somewhere else because they were professionals.  I've seen nothing that would indicate Aquilani is not much the same.  I also think it can be used to our advantage, if Aquilani wants a move to Italy - he'll give 120% from a professional point of view to make sure an Italian club signs him up this time next year.

edit: Yes, I am high - it's my day off.  I just can't fathom how people can't grasp this concept as it's mind-numbingly simple to me.  That's got nothing to do with being a professor, it's got everything to do with common sense.

Everyone can grasp your concept, do you think you're f**king Socrates or something?. Some fans don't want Aquilani back as we are clearly not his first choice, can you f**king grasp that?. Some fans do not want a player that doesn't show 100% commitment to the shirt, do you f**king grasp that concept?. Now how about you go over to the Jovanovic thread and put your case forward for how good a squad player he actually is, you already have?, oh f**k!, I forgot, I'm so simple, we let the pile of sh*t go for nothing and paid him off, can you grasp that f**king concept?.

I'm on the edge of a ban here, why?, because I can't grasp Socrates vitez' concepts because I'm so simple. Thank you vitez for enlightening me with your concepts and philosophies, even if you stated they were way too complicated for me.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #27: Jul 10, 2011 10:22:01 pm
      Everyone can grasp your concept, do you think you're f**king Socrates or something?. Some fans don't want Aquilani back as we are clearly not his first choice, can you f**king grasp that?. Some fans do not want a player that doesn't show 100% commitment to the shirt, do you f**king grasp that concept?. Now how about you go over to the Jovanovic thread and put your case forward for how good a squad player he actually is, you already have?, oh f**k!, I forgot, I'm so simple, we let the pile of sh*t go for nothing and paid him off, can you grasp that f**king concept?.

I'm on the edge of a ban here, why?, because I can't grasp Socrates vitez' concepts because I'm so simple. Thank you vitez for enlightening me with your concepts and philosophies, even if you stated they were way too complicated for me.

Us not being his first choice does not equate to him not wanting to be here.  Again, him not wanting to be here does not equal him not giving 100% commitment to the shirt because (your words not mine) "you're not questioning his professionalism".  Clearly, I was right about some people not being able to grasp the concept.  If you don't want Aquilani here, I have no problems with your conclusion.  The only thing I'd question is the logic you used to reach that conclusion - which is what I've done, no more and no less.

As for Jovanovic?  How is that in any way, shape or form related to Aquilani's possible loan move to Fiorentina?
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,245 posts | 1226 
      Reply #28: Jul 10, 2011 11:14:14 pm
      Like I said, I'm not questioning Aquilani's professionalism, I'm questioning his commitment to Liverpool Football Club.

A legitimate concern I think. It's one thing to go about your business in a professional manner as most players indeed do, and quite another to give your fullest commitment to the cause; something not attributable to a lot of players who nevertheless going about their business in a professional manner. If Aquilani truly would prefer to be back in his home country then it's fair enough to wonder whether that desire might detract from his performances for us. It could be a strong desire, or a preference on balance, we just don't know but the key is how he deals with it whilst he's still with us and here Socrates makes a good point. Far from detracting from his performances, that desire could motivate him to give it his all in order to increase his chances of a move at the end of the season, and his chances of playing for Italy at the Euros. In those circumstances, his motivation would be a selfish one, but from our point of view all that matters is that he would be giving it his all on the pitch.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #29: Jul 10, 2011 11:26:23 pm
      Really don't understand the questioning of him not wanting to be here.  Couldn't the same be said for Gerrard, at one point, he looked seriously at the Chelsea offer or Reina, who had an escape clause inserted in his contract, that smacks of not wanting to be here to me or the Mascherano saga etc.  Aquilani has said he was happy to come back, that's good enough for me.

If he leaves that's fine as well, it's a club decision, but I'd be disappointed if he did go.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #30: Jul 11, 2011 12:08:48 am
      Aquilani may prefer to have stayed in Italy but also that he would be happy to come back to Liverpool.

I read that as if a deal comes up for a move to Italy he would go but if it doesn't happen then he will do his best if he is here next season. He may prefer a move but does not necessarily mean he will not be committed while he is here.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Jul 11, 2011 06:17:11 am
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #32: Jul 11, 2011 07:04:01 am
      Really don't understand the questioning of him not wanting to be here.  Couldn't the same be said for Gerrard, at one point, he looked seriously at the Chelsea offer or Reina, who had an escape clause inserted in his contract, that smacks of not wanting to be here to me or the Mascherano saga etc.  Aquilani has said he was happy to come back, that's good enough for me.

If he leaves that's fine as well, it's a club decision, but I'd be disappointed if he did go.
      thats the thing i hate about Aquilani 's critics ,when he said he wants to stay in Italy,even didn't denied his Arrival at Liverpool ,
      All of them were biting his ass ,"we don't want unhappy player,he won't play with his heart..."
      but now they don't give F**k abt his latest statement in which he clearly stated he is returning with Enthusiasm ,
      "Ludicrous"
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: Jul 11, 2011 09:33:29 am
       I would not want to see Aquilani go out on loan again,the question lies with Kenny,does he want to keep him or get rid of him.I do not think you can blame him for going on loan last season as I do not think he had much choice in the matter.If Fiorentina or any other club want him then let them buy him as I cannot see us getting caught out with a loan/option  deal again.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #34: Jul 11, 2011 10:55:10 am
      Fiorentina will only loan Aquilani if Liverpool pay a third of his wages..... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #35: Jul 11, 2011 10:56:56 am
      Fiorentina can F**k off - Or give us Vargas in exchange!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #36: Jul 11, 2011 10:57:20 am
      Tell them to F**k off that is what you do
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #37: Jul 11, 2011 10:58:49 am
      Bit of a joke if he's getting loaned out again.

can only mean one thing for me and its that his attitude must stink and Kenny isnt impressed.

There has to be something more to this than meets the eye.  Maybe he genuinely does dislike the Premier League?

Hope its not the case because i've wanted this guy to come out and prove the doubters wrong.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #38: Jul 11, 2011 11:01:31 am
      To put this to bed tell any club intrested to put up the £'s or piss off,if aquilani wants his move or his agent thats pushing for a move then get the player to put in a shift and then look at a move in jan.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #39: Jul 11, 2011 11:08:26 am
      Aquilani will either be sold or kept he will not go on loan again. Pure horse sh*t media speculation
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #40: Jul 11, 2011 11:10:43 am
      I've never heard of a player signing for a club, not even playing half a season for them, and then going out to 2 different sides on loan over the next 2 seasons.

Surely it's time to either sell or make the decision that he's part of our squad now so we can get on with pre season.

I want him to stay because I hope Spearing and/or Shelvey go out on loan. The lad has such quality and with him being out last season, it would be like a new signing to see him play for us this season.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #41: Jul 11, 2011 12:43:51 pm
      BBC's Sportsday Live reporting that the Press Association say his agent has dismissed speculation linking Aquilani with Fiorentina. (11.27am)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/9534413.stm
      Volle
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts |
      • Champions 2019/20
      Reply #42: Jul 11, 2011 02:13:55 pm
      I said last season that i would love to see his developement under King Kenny. Now we have that opportunity :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: Jul 11, 2011 02:59:25 pm
      I'm interested to see how a fully fit Aquilani with a good pre season behind him will get on, both he and Adam can play the deep lying midfield role, it would be good competition for a place
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #44: Jul 11, 2011 05:09:48 pm
      Bit worried that Aquilani hasn't been issued a shirt number yet
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #45: Jul 11, 2011 06:48:35 pm
      Really hope we get to see a fully fit Aquilani with a full pre season behind him.
      I for one thought he showed enough in the few games he played to make me think I want to see more.
      I really hope we keep him and give him a chance to show what he can do.
      I think both he and the fans deserve that !!

Quick Reply