Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

January 2012 Transfer Window.. Where Do LFC Need To Strengthen?

Read 62724 times
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Re: January 2012 Transfer Window.. Where Do LFC Need To Strengthen?
      Reply #46: Nov 24, 2011 05:26:39 pm
      cl footy is meant to be worth about 20/30m a year so to spend a little tgo get cl footy seems a good idea to me
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #47: Nov 24, 2011 05:27:35 pm
      We don't need anyone. We just need to make the goals at Melwood 3 inches smaller all-round. Then when it comes to matches, we would kill teams off instead of hitting the woodwork so often.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #48: Nov 24, 2011 05:29:11 pm
      more like 3 foot ;D
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #49: Nov 24, 2011 05:30:27 pm
      We don't need anyone. We just need to make the goals at Melwood 3 inches smaller all-round. Then when it comes to matches, we would kill teams off instead of hitting the woodwork so often.
      Why does that actually seem like a good idea to me?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #50: Nov 24, 2011 05:32:03 pm
      CL footy is not only worth the extra income, but is absolutely essential to attract the quality of players we need to build this project that FSG is at the moment. Without CL football it will basically set our project back another year and for that reason alone I can see us at least bringing in one creative midfielder because it's the position on the pitch that we have the least strength in depth due to the unexpected Meireles depature.

Who this will be is anyone's guess but let's not leave it until the last minute also.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #51: Nov 24, 2011 05:38:55 pm
      Quote from PGlynn91
      Why does that actually seem like a good idea to me?

Without checking, I believe we've hit the woodwork 11 or 12 times already this season, more than anyone else. Convert those to goals and our points tally could be very different.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #52: Nov 24, 2011 05:41:13 pm
      CL footy is not only worth the extra income, but is absolutely essential to attract the quality of players we need to build this project that FSG is at the moment. Without CL football it will basically set our project back another year and for that reason alone I can see us at least bringing in one creative midfielder because it's the position on the pitch that we have the least strength in depth due to the unexpected Meireles depature.

Who this will be is anyone's guess but let's not leave it until the last minute also.
      Well, I would definitely explore this option ...

De Rossi keeps Roma on edge

Wednesday November 23 2011

Daniele De Rossi is keeping Roma fans on edge with his contract negotiations and revealed his row with Francesco Totti.

The ‘Future Captain’ could well leave his hometown club on a free transfer, as his deal expires in June 2012 and no deal has yet been reached.

“Will I reassure fans on my future? But the heart is made to palpitate...” was his cryptic response on Radio2 Rai.

“I have fun in my work and what’s more earn incredible wages. I know that I am lucky, but I’m not ashamed of how much I earn. The market sets the prices and football moves stratospheric figures now, so it’s only normal these wages come along with them.

“As for that nickname, the only captain is Francesco Totti. I will only take the armband when the current captain, or rather the captain of any era, retires.

“We are very different people in more or less every aspect of our personalities, but we have always got along well. Francesco is your classic Roman and seems almost from another era, as he is so confident, almost arrogant and brings a light within him.

“He represents something unique in this city. It’s true he can get offended a little easily and we have argued in the past. We didn’t talk for a while. The reason? I can’t even remember, it was a long time ago...”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/13133
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #53: Nov 24, 2011 05:54:13 pm
      It would be foolish if we were not to strengthen in Jan, but Jan is not the best time to find who you want, especially if your building for the future, we need a quality midfielder preferably right sided or a out and out winger, and a goal getter, i like the lad Albrighton, he could be the answer for the right but if he dont make it he still has  good sale on value being so young, and i would go get Defoe from Spuds, for goals, he's quick, has a low centre of gravity, good in the air and he can read the game,

he would relish working with Suarez and having plenty of chances to score, and looking at the future, Hairy Kneecap will either be in the scrubs or in the sh*t with England,either way Spuds wont be playing CL footie next season and we will, so if you were Jermaine Defoe, sitting on yet another Spuds bench, for the umpteenth week,ask yourself this, how long do i have to sit here week after week with the odd token 10 mins here and there,i wish i could have at least a wee chance of getting a game, then WHAM!,
      Damien Comoli, enquires if ÂŁ12m would do the job ??
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: Nov 24, 2011 06:11:35 pm
      De Rossi wont leave in my opinion but would be a decent addition for sure. Not a fan of Defoe at all, need someone from a class above his if we're to move big Andy aside. Defoe is not getting younger and relies on his pace a lot, sure he has 2 decent feet and on his day can score a good goal but I think he's just below real top class, hence why he's not making the spuds first team at the moment. I really don't think we'll see another striker coming in this January at all to be honest.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #55: Nov 24, 2011 06:11:38 pm
      Like the look of Hoilett, would mind Defoe but don't think its likely.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #56: Nov 24, 2011 06:16:45 pm
      For the times we are to play 4-4-2: two wingers, a box to box midfielder and (perhaps) another striker. Who? F**k knows.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #57: Nov 24, 2011 07:00:57 pm

Here is one player that I would really like to get on a 6-month loan deal in January ...

Kaka linked with ÂŁ30m Chelsea move

Published 22:31 23/11/11
      By John Cross

Real Madrid may be about to offload Brazilian superstar Kaka - and are ready to sound out Chelsea about signing him.

The Spanish giants could be tempted to sell for around ÂŁ30million, even though the former European and World Footballer of the Year's fortunes at Real have recently improved, helping him win back his place in the Brazil side.

Agents are putting out feelers to see if clubs are interested in the 29-year-old midfielder and believe Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich may be tempted.

Kaka's mother suggested in a tweet in May that he could be on his way to London and, despite his ÂŁ59m move from AC Milan two years ago, he is not guaranteed a place in the Jose Mourinho line-up.

Chelsea denied interest at the time, but a big-name signing would boost morale and confidence at the club.

The big-spending Blues are keen to improve their squad after their worst start to a season since Abramovich took over - although it is believed boss Andre Villas-Boas sees his forward line as top priority.

Chelsea are ready to offload striker Nicolas Anelka in January and may yet go back for Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric.

But after being knocked back for the Croatian playmaker in the summer, they may be forced to look at other options.

Few mega-deals are done in the winter transfer window but Real, with Kaka on around ÂŁ8m-a-year, may buck the trend if the deal is right.

Manchester City tried to buy Kaka from Milan in January 2009, but six months later he went to Real.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Chelsea-transfer-gossip-Real-Madrid-superstar-Kaka-linked-with-30m-January-move-to-Blues-article834056.html
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #58: Nov 24, 2011 10:18:10 pm

And another one ...

Gignac sent to reserves
      Striker demoted by l'OM after Deschamps fall-out

Last Updated: November 24, 2011 9:29pm

Marseille have dropped striker Andre-Pierre Gignac to their reserve team following a row with coach Didier Deschamps.

The 25-year-old France international was not happy after coming off the bench in the club's 1-0 UEFA Champions League defeat to Olympiakos on Wednesday.

Gignac was reportedly angry for not winning enough playing time, leading to a heated exchange during a training session on Thursday morning after which the striker refused to speak to Deschamps.

The argument is believed to have escalated in the changing room, a series of events that have led the club to demote the striker to the reserves ahead of their first-team game with PSG.

"Due to the inappropriate reaction of Andre-Pierre Gignac towards Didier Deschamps during the announcement of the team before the OM-Olympiakos Champions League match, the Marseille management have decided to leave the striker at the disposal of the reserve team until next Tuesday," read a statement on the club's official website.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7331622/Gignac-sent-to-reserves
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #59: Nov 24, 2011 10:35:06 pm
      We could do with strengthening the anfield crowd. ;)
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2011 10:51:13 pm
      I'd rather start bringing the youth through. If we need players get young ones. Let Madrid and City buy the league. It would leave a sour taste in my mouth. We have plenty of time to get it right.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #61: Nov 24, 2011 10:53:01 pm
      Clone Suarez x3 for the wings and a back up striker sorted???

On a serious note we need aright winger that can get by players and supply a decent crosses,and a creative midfielder would not go a miss!!
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #62: Nov 25, 2011 05:49:39 am
      Here is who I would want although they might be unlikely
      Eden Hazard - Pay whatever is takes and then play Downing on the right.
      Marek Hamsik - A creative box to box midfielder.
      Edinson Cavani - Just poach the good players from Napoli.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #63: Nov 25, 2011 10:32:33 am
      Here is who I would want although they might be unlikely
      Eden Hazard - Pay whatever is takes and then play Downing on the right.
      Marek Hamsik - A creative box to box midfielder.
      Edinson Cavani - Just poach the good players from Napoli.

Marek Hamsik- is there a more overrated player in the world ?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #64: Nov 25, 2011 10:57:43 am
      Marek Hamsik- is there a more overrated player in the world ?

Well, most of the English players fit the criteria ...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,506 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #65: Nov 25, 2011 11:02:00 am
      Well, most of the English players fit the criteria ...

English players are overrated and overpriced.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #66: Nov 25, 2011 11:25:52 am
      I find the 'english player' paradox hilarious. "All english players are overrated" scream the majority of football fans, in itself proving they cannot be overrated.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #67: Nov 25, 2011 11:39:50 am
      I find the 'english player' paradox hilarious. "All english players are overrated" scream the majority of football fans, in itself proving they cannot be overrated.

The fact that we never win anything and that we have no English players at the top level in any major Europian league makes me think that the majority are rated higher over here then anywhere else...
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #68: Nov 25, 2011 12:04:30 pm
      pretty much all english players are over rated. for me the most over rated player is rooney. dont get me wrong his a good or even a very good player but when the english press write about him you would think his messi. they often ( havent heard for a little while to be fair)  mention him being world class and near the level of messi and ronaldo. for me his at least 2 levels below them too.

another over rated player is Ferdinand

Quick Reply