Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Liverpool players and the fa

Read 10195 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Liverpool players and the fa
      Dec 21, 2011 09:19:15 am
      As the fall out continues from the fa's ban on Luis Suarez and teh club calling for full abcking and support of our playerhow should Liverpool's England contingent react?

Gerrard, Downing, Carroll, Johnson and u21s Kelly and Shelvey are all valuable members of the England squads. In support of Suarez should they now withdraw from any future England squads if the ban is not overturned? How can any one want to play for a team representing the fa?

I know it might sound simplistic as a non english man but if were going to fully support him surely it starts with his teammates
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: Liverpool players and the fa
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2011 09:20:54 am
      As the fall out continues from the fa's ban on Luis Suarez and teh club calling for full abcking and support of our playerhow should Liverpool's England contingent react?

Gerrard, Downing, Carroll, Johnson and u21s Kelly and Shelvey are all valuable members of the England squads. In support of Suarez should they now withdraw from any future England squads if the ban is not overturned? How can any one want to play for a team representing the fa?

I know it might sound simplistic as a non english man but if were going to fully support him surely it starts with his teammates

Unfortunately, this will never happen.

The most I expect now is the club to be charged with comments against the FA, and this to rumble on for some time.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2011 09:39:23 am
      I think a few petitions and some strong protests are needed. We can't let the lad take this one
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2011 09:52:28 am
      I think a few petitions and some strong protests are needed. We can't let the lad take this one

Exactly, we have to be strong and stick together, No doubt there will be a wave of typical hypocrisy and endless bullshit being spoken by knuckle draggers and ignorant people who do not know the facts of the case. The club will come under attack from all sides so we need to rally round and stick a middle finger (metaphorically and literally) to all who criticise us for sticking by Luis.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2011 09:53:24 am
      lets all register with the FA and start making complaints against Ferguson and Rooney lets face it will not take long to gather evidence
      onecoolcookie
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | 10 
      • YNWA JFT96
      Reply #5: Dec 21, 2011 09:58:51 am
      I appreciate your point of view but It's up to Suarez and the club to hire the best people available and lodge an appeal, we all know he'll get it reduced at the worst. Withdrawing players from England squads only makes a bigger issue out of the whole episode.

As tough as it is we have to wait it out; next step is the reasoning behind the panel's decision. Our only consolation is that the appeal period is 14days from the publication of the decision which backs into the transfer window, we should be out there now looking at a bit of fire power to help big AC out
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #6: Dec 21, 2011 10:20:12 am
      Even if the 'threat' of not playing for England gets out there - not from the players - but from unnamed sources, I think the FA would drop a brick.  But I'm not sure it would happen.

Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #7: Dec 21, 2011 11:41:34 am
      Even if the 'threat' of not playing for England gets out there - not from the players - but from unnamed sources, I think the FA would drop a brick.  But I'm not sure it would happen.

Add the that the real threat of any Liverpool fan refusing to buy the england kits, attending games ect, they'd soon take notice.

I usually get at least one England kit every b-day, I think I'll do without this year.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Dec 21, 2011 11:48:02 am

Add the that the real threat of any Liverpool fan refusing to buy the england kits, attending games ect, they'd soon take notice.

I usually get at least one England kit every b-day, I think I'll do without this year.

Seriously mate I wouldn't of wiped my arse on any England memorabilla before this so there is absolutely no chance now.

F**k England and the FA.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #9: Dec 21, 2011 12:38:10 pm
      Asking our players to withdraw from England duty is not feasible,i'm %100 sure all LFC players are behind Luis anyway, they have to just get on with things and let the club lawyers and Luis's representatives deal with the appeal and then see what happens, personaly i think the ban will be reduced to 5 games but then the 'finger' incident will add another 1 game ban making it 6 altogether,

i'm still hopeful the FA have seriously fu**ed this up and that the club lawyers & co will take them to task and drag them thru the courts for charging and sentencing Luis without sufficient evidence,

I'm with the idea that Liverpool's England fans don't buy any England paraphernalia or go to any games, even after this debacle has been resolved, and why not introduce other clubs fans into it, for the principal of the FA incapable of running the game we all love, properly, and without bias,or having member clubs chairmen on their board,

if that Kunt of a man Evra gets away with yet again, whats to stop him doing it to other players/clubs,

having petitions dont have much of an effect especially in cases of this importance, voting with our feet, showing banners for the world's media to see,will,
       lets once again show the world who are the best fans on the planet and get behind Luis and the club, and if we can incorporate other clubs fans to, who knows,maybe we can together f**k the FA off altogether and have a board of ex-professional footballers run the game for the good of the game instead of these f***in corrupt, money grabbing, lets rob the fans again baffoons, lets kick these inept idiots out of football.   YNWA
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2011 12:48:28 pm by billythered »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #10: Dec 21, 2011 12:38:59 pm
      WE'RE SCOUSE, NOT ENGLISH!!

Never more appropriate than today.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #11: Dec 21, 2011 01:59:01 pm

My new mantra

Said this for years ;)

But as you said, never more appropriate :D
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #12: Dec 21, 2011 03:07:19 pm
      The FA has just lost the sales of 30-jerseys from me and my buddies, more to come worldwide, it's picking - up momentum.
      Kieranlfc88
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #13: Dec 21, 2011 04:22:41 pm
      Instead of looking outwards we should be looking inwards
      If I walked up to an unknown black man and used the term 'negreto' multiple times, as well as a sore nose I could well expect to be locked up
      I abhore the sentiment that because Suarez is our best player he is immune from criticism. LFC are much bigger than Luis Suarez and if he cannot behave in line with the traditions of the club then au revoir
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #14: Dec 21, 2011 04:49:37 pm
      If I walked up to an unknown black man and used the term 'negreto' multiple times, as well as a sore nose I could well expect to be locked up
      I abhore the sentiment that because Suarez is our best player he is immune from criticism. LFC are much bigger than Luis Suarez and if he cannot behave in line with the traditions of the club then au revoir

Are you serious mate? How can you not be behind Suarez and the Club?? This is a witch hunt by the corrupt fa.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #15: Dec 21, 2011 04:51:48 pm

Fookin 'ell lad, you're on one today aren't you?
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,279 posts | 802 
      Reply #16: Dec 21, 2011 05:01:31 pm

Jesus, don't let bubby see this or he'll explode.
      AW00D
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #17: Dec 21, 2011 05:08:44 pm
      Jesus, don't let bubby see this or he'll explode.

i hope he does so he can teach a certain someone some manners ;)
      Kieranlfc88
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #18: Dec 22, 2011 05:16:23 pm
      Are you serious mate? How can you not be behind Suarez and the Club?? This is a witch hunt by the corrupt fa.

Is it f**k
      The panel that found him guilty (how could they not - he admitted to using the said term) where independent of the FA
      The clubs reaction to this stinks
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8671 
      Reply #19: Dec 22, 2011 05:29:45 pm

If you walked up to a black man and called him Negrito, you are nothing more than a F***ing tit.

It is not an English word, so why the F**k would you use it?

Ever thought Evra is a lying c**t?

No, you've just listened to the knobhead press and believe everything they have said, how about listening to what Kenny has said, it is nothing to do with Luis being our best player and all to do with the fact the term he used is not regarded as racist in Spanish

F***ing Simples!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #20: Dec 22, 2011 05:31:19 pm
      You are badly misinformed, the word used in it's CORRECT context is a familiar informal response that can be used when speaking to family, friends, or strangers as indicated in an encounter in a shop as quoted in an earlier article in another thread, people in Uraguay are shocked by this interpretation of an inoffensive part of their language.
      I suggest you carry out some research if there is anyone about who can read to you and if you can grasp the fundamentals get back and leave the F***ing sh*t out.

The article spoken of is posted by RedLFCBlood in the FA Charge Luis Suarez thread.
      « Last Edit: Dec 22, 2011 05:57:10 pm by stuey »
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #21: Dec 22, 2011 05:52:41 pm
      McGrath on Talksport earlier: 'If I was Johnson, I’d have thrown the Suarez shirt to the floor'
      ...and the answer came soon:
      @glen_johnson Glen Johnson
      I will support who i want when i want!!! There are a lot of reasons why I'm standing by Luis Suarez!!!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #22: Dec 22, 2011 05:59:32 pm

Fair enough.

I'd accept his ban and charge if there was evidence. Anyways, maybe there is some evidence but then, I expect the same treatment towards others - Evra insulting Suarez's family or any Man United players who have shown obscene gestures and all that.

Quick Reply