Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest

Read 48048 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Newcastle 2-0 LFC: In game and Post Match inquest
      Reply #851: Apr 01, 2012 07:56:01 pm
      you want rafa but what if kenny goes and fsg dont want rafa tell me your alternatives

I like Klopp at Dortmund, Like Emery, like Bielsa. There just off the top of my head. And mate wont be taking advice off you who i support.
      keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #852: Apr 01, 2012 07:57:52 pm
      Oh so because he is a legend you cant criticise him. Mate im less of this wind up sh*te it is pathetic, go back and check my posts if you want to see what i want.

Mate just scrolled down the first few pages of your posts and could'nt be arsed going any further all one liners of you slagging a player off or moaning about something, not one positive quote. I know things are sh*te at the minute but you've still got to try and get behind the team and Kenny now more than ever.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #853: Apr 01, 2012 08:00:48 pm
      Get behind players that look like they cant be arsed, and then being told in interviews by Kenny how great they are. I'm off this thread as well appears if you dont think Kenny is the right man you cant be a Liverpool fan.

Lot of people finding out their not Liverpool fans tonight then
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #854: Apr 01, 2012 08:01:18 pm
      i cant think of one manager on the planet i would rather take us thru this important time this man would do anything for liverpool and the fans he came in 78 and since then he has lived and breathed liverpool get behind him or support citeh/chelsea or another quick fix club

The Lad is right.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #855: Apr 01, 2012 08:01:41 pm
      And what if Newcastle hadnt hit the post it would have being 3 nil down, mate if you cant see how gutless that was t5oday especially when we went 2-0 down dunno what to say to you.

Yeh they hit post, we hit the cross bar and Suarez missed an open goal, it could have been a very different game is all saying mate and I can't blame Kenny for the instances in the match that could have made the out come a lot different is what you can't seem to  grasp mate.

I'm not saying we wern't toothless as it was so obvious that a blind man on a galloping horse wearing a F***ing blindfold could see that much.

But lets be honest that wasn't Kenny's doing.

The team's confidence is shot to sh*t.

You seen it as soon as Newcastle scored the 1st goal our heads dropped and Newcastle got their tails up, then we started to play with a bit more confidence Newcastle got their second which was a hammer blow.

The point I was making is that Had Carroll Not Dived and The Ref had Awarded the Penalty, we could have been 2-0 up and coasting and  there would probably have been a different outcome.

As it transpired we/they didn't and we got our arses well and truly beaten, but can I blame Kenny for Carroll diving ?, can I blame Kenny for the Ref (who was a massive homer) for not awarding a penalty ?, can I blame Kenny  for Suarez not having the composure to stick it in an empty net ?

Nope I can't blame Kenny for any of the above, I could probably blame Kenny for leaving it too late with the subs as we were getting beat and never really looked like we were going to get back into it.

keithlfc
      • Forum John Toshack

• 281 posts |
      Reply #856: Apr 01, 2012 08:04:48 pm
      Yeh they hit post, we hit the cross bar and Suarez missed an open goal, it could have been a very different game is all saying mate and I can't blame Kenny for the instances in the match that could have made the out come a lot different is what you can't seem to  grasp mate.

I'm not saying we wern't toothless as it was so obvious that a blind man on a galloping horse wearing a f**king blindfold could see that much.

But lets be honest that wasn't Kenny's doing.

The team's confidence is shot to sh*t.

You seen it as soon as Newcastle scored the 1st goal our heads dropped and Newcastle got their tails up, then we started to play with a bit more confidence Newcastle got their second which was a hammer blow.

The point I was making is that Had Carroll Not Dived and The Ref had Awarded the Penalty, we could have been 2-0 up and coasting and  there would probably have been a different outcome.

As it transpired we/they didn't and we got our arses well and truly beaten, but can I blame Kenny for Carroll diving ?, can I blame Kenny for the Ref (who was a massive homer) for not awarding a penalty ?, can I blame Kenny  for Suarez not having the composure to stick it in an empty net ?

Nope I can't blame Kenny for any of the above, I could probably blame Kenny for leaving it too late with the subs as we were getting beat and never really looked like we were going to get back into it.

Is right.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #857: Apr 01, 2012 08:06:05 pm
      Mate at this stage luck is a really weak excuse, that only wolves are worse than us since january the 1st is inexcusable. Right defo out of this thread now
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #858: Apr 01, 2012 08:08:39 pm
      have you ever been a game you post more during matches than anyone ;D

Mate at this stage luck is a really weak excuse, that only wolves are worse than us since january the 1st is inexcusable. Right defo out of this thread now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #859: Apr 01, 2012 08:10:31 pm
      Very worried about tactics after today. On paper I looked at the team and fancied us but a mix of poor tactics and poor football from too many individuals didn't really give us a chance.

Enrique, Gerrard, Spearing and Bellamy were piss poor from the off, Suarez and Carroll started off okay then went with the rest and looked more and more clueless as the game went. Pepe was stupid at the end there. Yes the lad made a meal of it but as Danny Murphy said, the refs go round the training grounds telling players what they can and can't do so him even attempting to throw the head was stupid and may cost us although Doni will see it as an opportunity.

We know the league form is awful but I think something may lie deeper here. I don't know what but I do.

Pepe looks pissed off, not seeing the usual shouting and directing from Carragher, Gerrard looks out of form and dis-interested - we didn't have a leader today and Carroll can F**k off with that attitude. For him to be in a goal scoring position and come out with that today was a F***ing joke and to then F**k off down the tunnel should be a kick in the bollocks although Kenny has said he basically isn't arsed about it. I hope he is, because he needs to be as what that lad needs is a F***ing massive kick up the arse.

I really hope they are getting slaughtered behind closed doors because besides after the Bolton game I haven't seen too many reactions during this sh*t run we are currently on.

Is discipline a problem?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #860: Apr 01, 2012 08:14:01 pm

I'm  not stating it was luck mate.

I'm stating it was bad decisions.

Bad decisions from the Carroll for the dive, I'm sure he had a F***ing bet on a Newcastle win.

Bad decision from the Ref on the penalty appeal.

2 bad decisions right there that would have had us 2-0 up and the confidence that comes with it.

The ref was a homer mate, plain and simple Arfa dives no card, Carroll dives yellow card,  Perch was on a yellow slips a foot out and trips Reina, no card, Reina retaliates with i'm not even going to call it a headbutt as it didn't look like he made contact and he got a straight red.

Game could have been evened up right there, the ref bottled the big moments and so did Carrolll and Suarez, there is no getting away from it.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #861: Apr 01, 2012 08:16:48 pm
      Missed the game due to work and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

By all accounts another performance to forget and one not good enough for Liverpool Football Club which is a trend that needs to stop.

One thing I would like to say as I've seen a few mention it tonight is that just because myself and others are backing Kenny and wanting to give him time does not mean we think the results are acceptable.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #862: Apr 01, 2012 08:32:01 pm

;D. Yeah, I stopped playing the luck card long ago. It's been happening far too many times to be considered luck now.

Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa made a mickey out of our 'stars'. All these overpaid British prima donna players thinking they've made it now and that they can just turn up and win while Cisse probably worked his ass off when he was a kid to achieve his current dream.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #863: Apr 01, 2012 08:41:39 pm
      We look tired today to be honest & if we had quality replacements then im sure rotation would be key this season,however not adding to a weakened squad in january is showing in the last few games.

Since the cup win we have gone downhill and are lacking leaders on field,even our skipper looked disjointed today.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #864: Apr 01, 2012 09:04:40 pm
      Graham poll tweeted , lfc should appeal red card as there was no contact just aggression....

I think we should but the way the F.A treat us I dont see us getting the decision overturned !!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #865: Apr 01, 2012 09:20:26 pm
      We look tired today to be honest & if we had quality replacements then im sure rotation would be key this season,however not adding to a weakened squad in january is showing in the last few games.

Since the cup win we have gone downhill and are lacking leaders on field,even our skipper looked disjointed today.

Sorry Shabs, but TIRED!

Lets see,
      Monday 2 hours training
      Tuesday 2 hours training,
      Wednesday 2 hours training, and a 90 min game,
      Thursday 2 hours training,
      Friday, guess what 2 hours training,
      Saturday 90min game
      Sunday, Day off.

Now there may be some swapping of days, but that is 13 hour week, possibly an 18 day week if they train for 3 hours.

These players are as fit as hell, are payed a fortune, have personal trainers, physios, nutritionalists, etc at their beck and call.

Tired my arse.  >:(

Guess what, when it come to August, they will claim not to be match fit.

Please don't give me tired.  :mad:

Lazy bas**rds, there is no reason on god's earth they should ever be tired. If there was a night out on the piss they would be there.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #866: Apr 01, 2012 09:33:20 pm
      Sorry Shabs, but TIRED!

Lets see,
      Monday 2 hours training
      Saturday 90min game
      Sunday, Day off.

Now there may be some swapping of days, but that is 13 hour week, possibly an 18 day week if they train for 3 hours.

These players are as fit as hell, are payed a fortune, have personal trainers, physios, nutritionalists, etc at their beck and call.

Lazy bas**rds, there is no reason on god's earth they should ever be tired. If there was a night out on the piss they would be there.
      This all day mate really grinds my gears when i hear the excuse they are tired ,the only time you ever hear this excuse and it is an excuse is when a team is playing badly, when a team is playing well you never hear it and every player wants to play every game ,for fcks sake they are doing something they love doing ,and today they all looked like they couldnt be arsed and their summer hols were already booked ,totally inexcusable today they all need a size ten right up the sh*t pipe.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #867: Apr 01, 2012 09:33:30 pm
      Tired of "ifs", they can only be an excuse in a game or two, when it comes to being 9th in the league with 6 defeats in 7 games, there are no excuses. "If we scored", "if they didn't score", etc, it's not luck, if you can't score a decent amount of goals through the whole season it's a matter of quality and the obvious fact some of our players are just not good enough.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #868: Apr 01, 2012 09:38:44 pm
      Sorry Shabs, but TIRED!

Lets see,
      Monday 2 hours training
      Saturday 90min game
      Sunday, Day off.

Ffs.. When players and managers talk about players being tired, they're talking within terms of Premier league match fitness..  In other words they're too tired to compete at their "peak" level of fitness (for whatever reason) NOT that all our team are ale drinkers...

vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #869: Apr 01, 2012 09:45:22 pm
      You're grossly mistaken if you don't think that tiredness is a massive factor in performance.  We're paying the price for the combination of a paper-thin squad, failure to rotate and a lack of fitness training - we've got nobody to blame but ourselves.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #870: Apr 01, 2012 09:48:04 pm
      Ffs.. When players and managers talk about players being tired, they're talking within terms of Premier league match fitness..  In other words they're too tired to compete at their "peak" level of fitness (for whatever reason) NOT that all our team are ale drinkers...

As you put it, FFS, What I said was that they claim to be tired, or the Manager claims they were tired, but if they could go out on the piss, then they would not be too tired for that, not that they are all piss heads.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #871: Apr 01, 2012 09:54:58 pm
      I dont usually post on matchday, being a win, draw or defeat but I'm here now and like all Reds think that simply that our current form isnt good enough.

I love the man, Kenny is my footballing God but there is major issues with the way the team is set up and playing. There is no excuse for 6 defeats in our last 7 league matches, be it approach / tactics whatever.

You can accuse me of knee jerk or whatever but I will be at Blackburn and give 100% support as always but we must face facts, this current squad are not playing for the shirt or the manager. Anyone else bar Kenny and there would be uproar and I just cannot see us improving.

LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #872: Apr 01, 2012 10:01:00 pm
      Do you really need me to answer that. Our worst league performance in about 40 years aint good simple, no matter who is manager. If it was anyone but Kenny they wouldnt be getting the same support. His legendary status should not keep him in a job

I disagree totally... Kennys legendary status got him the job yes... But at the time he was entirely the right man for the job and the right man for the job should be given atleast 3 seasons! Simple, Woy wasnt the right man before you go down that road...

I believe KK is suffering a hangover from a very bad few years which Hicks and Gillette are the main ppl responsible..Yes this is a bad situation we are in but chopping and changing managers is not the answer.... KK will come good, hard decisions have to be made beforehand! Would like to see the majority of them made this summer but doubt they will, summer 13 I would hope to see an entirely different squad who are ready to challenge for the title again! Bar the last 3 games I 100% blame the players for not performing and not taking their chances which has forced KK into rash tactical decisions and 433 being one is simply not the way forward!... Sidetracked!

KK must stay and I for one will never call for his or another managers head before they have had their allocated time!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #873: Apr 01, 2012 10:02:19 pm
      Can't coment with too much authority as I didn't see the game today. Read most of the previous posts which don't paint a pretty picture. Seems we were decent for 15 mins or so and following 2 missed oportunities we went into free fall.

You can't blame Kenny for players attitudes and effort but he is responsible for selection and tactics, as well as subs and changes when things aren't going well. Seems Carroll has pressed the self destruct button by trashing the shirt, and Pepe lost a bit of discipline when he must have been aware by then that the ref was anti liverpool.

One thing Kenny is most definitely responsible for is the players he bought in who are clearly just not good enough, yet he continues to support them whatever.  Been over this before time and time again  Nothing changes in Kenny's loyalty to these players, so nothing will change on the pitch.

I'm afraid bad luck is a lame excuse as good luck usually goes hand in glove with  a never say die attitude and 100% commitment, not subbmission. I'm not a Kenny supporter or a supporter of any individual, I am a LIVERPOOL F. C. supporter, I care about the club over any single human being employed by the club.

I'm not sure we can overcome Everton at Wembley unless this form is completely turned around and I'll be amazed if that is possible. I therefore can't see J.W. Henry supporting Kenny after the close of the season, as I don't see him having confidence in him or Commoly spending untold amounts of money following the last purchases.

I think only Suarez and Enrique are of any credability form his buy's even though niether done well today. I'm not sure who they will be looking to if they decide not to keep Kenny on, but whatever happens on that score, we need to offload the consistent underperformers and get in some qualit proven players.

If this goes on much longer we will be unable to attract any players of credit so something needs to change urgently. I will never faulter in my support for the club, and the team on the pitch, as long as they are all prepared to give 100 %.  That is not what we have out there at the moment. I'm feeling a lot of pain recently, I can take the stick off the mancs and the arse, that doesnt worry me, but my heart silently bleeds for my club. 
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2012 10:31:54 pm by MsGerrard »

Quick Reply