Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3047048 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #36110: Sep 24, 2015 01:53:25 pm
      I can defend what I said.  And I'll say it again.

Kenny Dalglish's 2011/12 season in charge was more enjoyable, to me, than the past 12 months have been.

Which bit of that do you disagree with - bearing in mind it's my opinion.

It's an opinion I and many others would agree with as well mate.

Last season was one of the most in enjoyable I can remember.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,496 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #36111: Sep 24, 2015 02:03:00 pm
      Mugdock is definitely a lot of things although I'm not sure he sniffs ball sacks. I'll be using that one though.

Will have come from somewhere that thoughe.

Cheers for the new lingo though. I've overused bollock licker.

Edit.  I actually tried to write Murdoch. Spell check win.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #36112: Sep 24, 2015 02:08:17 pm
      Mugdock is definitely a lot of things although I'm not sure he sniffs ball sacks. I'll be using that one though.

Will have come from somewhere that thoughe.

Cheers for the new lingo though. I've overused bollock licker.

Seems the Sun shills are censoring my posts here. Too vivid a description maybe. tomx is the one I was referring to as the undercarriage odour analyser.

Lmao @ mugdock
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36113: Sep 24, 2015 02:17:28 pm
      Agree completely. I can want a new manager without resorting to spite and bile. Regardless of how things are panning out this guy got LFC closer to winning the title than any other manager has managed in the previous 25 years and he presided over the most exciting Liverpool team I have ever watched, and I include the team of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge in 87 in that assessment.

So he deserves criticism but also some respect as well.

Post of the week so far.
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #36114: Sep 24, 2015 02:20:47 pm
      I was a massive Brendan fan a few seasons ago, but the back end of last season was horrendous, with the 6-1 tanking we got from Stoke.  he should of went then, but he decided to stay.

What i think is that he is to arrogant to go, so he will have to be sacked by FSG and they will have to pay compensation.

But ask yourself this.  They god rid of RH and KD quickly yet this guy is making the majority the Reds fans so pissed off its unreal.  But they have not sacked him yet.  Why??

Could it be there is something going on being closed doors to do with FSG and the club?  Could they be waiting to sell the club once the stadium is completed?  Sacking Brendan would mean paying compensation and then employing a new manager would mean having to let go of a massive amouint of money to buy new players that he would want!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36115: Sep 24, 2015 02:27:31 pm

But ask yourself this.  They god rid of RH and KD quickly yet this guy is making the majority the Reds fans so pissed off its unreal.  But they have not sacked him yet.  Why??

Could it be there is something going on being closed doors to do with FSG and the club?  Could they be waiting to sell the club once the stadium is completed?  Sacking Brendan would mean paying compensation and then employing a new manager would mean having to let go of a massive amouint of money to buy new players that he would want!

There may be more sense there in what you say Nick.
      Much depends on the Contract which is after all BR with FSG  exclusively.

There may be a "hidden away" clause that this contract ceases in validity when or if a new owner comes in.
      It would be up to that owner to take on Rodgers or not.

Who knows.
      All supposition but a good one as said Nick.

Lets hope it isnt whilst LFC self destructs around us
      « Last Edit: Sep 24, 2015 04:10:48 pm by JD »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #36116: Sep 24, 2015 02:39:21 pm
      I don't think you'd have to be "daft" to be a fan of Brendan. It will always remain for me an incredible achievement to get us from being perpetually 7th in the league to almost winning the title. To do that whilst playing some of the most attacking and exciting football in Europe will live long in the memory, and for that in my eyes at least, Brendan deserves respect in a way which is completely different to a Hodgson.

Sometimes though a manager loses the players or at least stops getting his message across, sometimes with that he loses his way. We've had successful managers before who'd done that IMHO, and we've got it again. It happens to the best of managers, and while Brendan might not yet be one of those he is a pretty decent one IMHO.

When it happens though you have to move on, both from the club and the managers point of view. We're at that time again I'm afraid.   
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #36117: Sep 24, 2015 02:46:36 pm
      Call me what you want but I've just been walking around town and now in Vincent which is over the road from the LFC offices and I've seen a good number of Sheikhs about sticking out like sore thumbs.

Never seen that before around here like.

Gossip munger.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #36118: Sep 24, 2015 03:06:13 pm
      Agree completely. I can want a new manager without resorting to spite and bile. Regardless of how things are panning out this guy got LFC closer to winning the title than any other manager has managed in the previous 25 years and he presided over the most exciting Liverpool team I have ever watched, and I include the team of Barnes, Beardsley and Aldridge in 87 in that assessment.

Maybe, but had he won the title Id still feel the same today! Bar a slip the title was won so for me it’s irrelevant… the football was great and it was a great journey… so I repsect him for being at helm during this amazing time

But he has now lost his way… he needs to go!
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #36119: Sep 24, 2015 03:10:29 pm
      Well, if we do change manager and it's looking likely, and it's also looking likely it is Klopp, let's hope he knows what the hell he is letting himself in for. We usually finish the season just outside the top four because that is how good our squad is, we finish just outside top four because our wage bill the fifth highest. So to improve our position,a new manager must first either improve the players, improve the system we play or improve the coaching assistants because he can't buy anyone till January (and even that's a tough window). He will have to do this while landing on the ground running. Big ask, not impossible but a big ask. We are where we are not solely because of the manager so to replace him now, in my opinion would be a bad move, if they want to replace him they should have done it end of last season and now they should wait until the end of this season.

really??? the season would be write off
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #36120: Sep 24, 2015 03:21:06 pm

. I appreciate the sentiment, but in the same vein FSG presided over the Club and funded the purchases of Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez, in many and my opinions, the main reason for our title tilt, but that hasn't stopped supporters spouting venom at them as owners. Just saying.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,187 posts | 4404 
      Reply #36121: Sep 24, 2015 03:29:22 pm
      So Klopp has basically said come and get me.

Only question is do FSG have the ambition?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #36122: Sep 24, 2015 03:44:13 pm
      . I appreciate the sentiment, but in the same vein FSG presided over the Club and funded the purchases of Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez, in many and my opinions, the main reason for our title tilt, but that hasn't stopped supporters spouting venom at them as owners. Just saying.

Monumental garbage in fairness. Just saying.

The FANS funded the whole thing. Most of these purchases were funded by sales of the stars and/or wage cuts.
      Fenway also freeloaded on huge new tv deals which they had no hand in creating either.

Shamway haven't even purchased the "club" (company!) outright. 128m debt on the club last yr. And God knows how much further up the chain of companies/arranged by RBS ... just as they did with G&H.

Fenway are nothing but confidence tricksters. What we're hearing is "give us 2 yrs" "give us 5 yrs" "give us another five years". Meanwhile they secretly try and hawk the club off to the next bunch of hedge fund parasites.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #36123: Sep 24, 2015 03:52:30 pm
      I was going to add that at OT under Hodgson, after being 2 down, the lads got it back to 2 all (only for some c**t to grab a winner). The point I'm making is, even then under RH, the boys showed some fight. Under Brendan, they show none. The players don't want to play for him anymore. He's lost the dressing room.
      If that is true, I can see why. Your boss has just set you up and instructed to play his way to no wins in six matches. Do you even trust what he says anymore? Keep drawing and losing and at some point this will get into the lads heads.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #36124: Sep 24, 2015 03:53:37 pm
      I was a massive Brendan fan a few seasons ago, but the back end of last season was horrendous, with the 6-1 tanking we got from Stoke.  he should of went then, but he decided to stay.

What i think is that he is to arrogant to go, so he will have to be sacked by FSG and they will have to pay compensation.

You may be on to something there Nick.

If things are afoot at LFC then FSG obviously would not want to pay millions off to BR & his staff (whom they employed only 3 months ago) and then pay some more millions to get the new manager and his staff. We are probably looking at the intial outlay of about £20 million.

On the positive side, I would much rather they god rid of Brendan and get SOD & GM as interim managers/coaches until Xmas or end of season. I am thinking at the moment anyone is better than BR (it looks as if he has lost the dressing room). As it is, this season is down the pan already - I know it is only 6 games). On the other hand, what difference would it make to the season if BR stayed? We would still finish 7-15. So no difference.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #36125: Sep 24, 2015 04:17:17 pm
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36126: Sep 24, 2015 04:28:56 pm
      I didn't mean literally empty just low attendance's.

Wasn't there a home game under Hodgson that was really poorly attended just before he got the push?

I think there were a few games, especially mid week ones, that were poorly attended. It's a fair point though mate, if the football remains so dire, then of course people stop attending.

I actually meant I don't think the football will remain like this for too long, I expect confidence and the football to return to normality sooner rather than later. Doesn't mean I want to keep faith him though.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #36127: Sep 24, 2015 04:29:31 pm
      Monumental garbage in fairness. Just saying.

The FANS funded the whole thing. Most of these purchases were funded by sales of the stars and/or wage cuts.
      Fenway also freeloaded on huge new tv deals which they had no hand in creating either.

Shamway haven't even purchased the "club" (company!) outright. 128m debt on the club last yr. And God knows how much further up the chain of companies/arranged by RBS ... just as they did with G&H.

Fenway are nothing but confidence tricksters. What we're hearing is "give us 2 yrs" "give us 5 yrs" "give us another five years". Meanwhile they secretly try and hawk the club off to the next bunch of hedge fund parasites.

Shuddappayourface

#jibberjabber
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #36128: Sep 24, 2015 04:31:07 pm
      So Klopp has basically said come and get me.

Only question is do FSG have the ambition?

Well if they looked at the footballing reasons for sacking Brendan and employing Klopp or Ancelotti then its a no brainer managers like them do not come along too often.
      the delay is all down to a financial reason nothing remotely to do with football.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #36129: Sep 24, 2015 04:51:39 pm
      I think the final nail in the coffin will be next Sunday if we get beat by the bitters. But another new manager with new ideas and the risk of not wanting some of the players, more transition to come me thinks😡😡
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #36130: Sep 24, 2015 04:59:25 pm
      Nothing against Brendan tbh, but think he has taken the side as far as he can. Did really well to achieve second spot, albeit with Suarez and Sturridge in great form. Think for the sake of the club and manager it is time he was replaced.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #36131: Sep 24, 2015 05:07:07 pm
      What hurt is that it was the Hillsborough anniversary and it would have been massive for Stevie.

When even Rodgers jumped on the  "that slip"  wave headed towards Steve.  instead of being man enough to admit both the Chelsea and Palace tactics were naive and all wrong ..... it showed me the coward and blame gamer in him.

No he hasnt any honour.

I still detest him no matter what I was called for saying it.

Well he didn't get the tactics wrong - just because you hate him doesn't mean you have to revise history. That's just revisionist bullshit.

I'm sure you were calling for us to play for a draw against Chelsea when we'd been battering teams right, left and centre beforehand....

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #36132: Sep 24, 2015 05:13:34 pm
      Well he didn't get the tactics wrong - just because you hate him doesn't mean you have to revise history. That's just revisionist bullshit.

I'm sure you were calling for us to play for a draw against Chelsea when we'd been battering teams right, left and centre beforehand....

He was of all insane things chasing the goal difference between us and City ! He admitted it.

We wouldn't have had a GD problem or come in 2nd if he had a defence .... that didn't let in 50 goals

Quick Reply