Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4322601 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #16813: Aug 13, 2014 10:46:12 pm
      Posted in the Eto'o thread but I'll it here too:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/attracting-top-class-talent-summer-symbol-7610266

"The Reds have not made a contract offer to Samuel Eto’o. "
      "Liverpool are currently pursuing other more attractive options. They would only look to Eto’o in the closing days of the window if their striker search has been unsuccessful."

Happy guys?  ;D
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16814: Aug 13, 2014 10:50:28 pm
      Posted in the Eto'o thread but I'll it here too:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/attracting-top-class-talent-summer-symbol-7610266

"The Reds have not made a contract offer to Samuel Eto’o. "
      "Liverpool are currently pursuing other more attractive options. They would only look to Eto’o in the closing days of the window if their striker search has been unsuccessful."

Happy guys?  ;D

THANK YOU!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,445 posts | 6432 
      Reply #16815: Aug 14, 2014 12:14:09 am
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394282/Arsenal-Man-Utd-and-Liverpool-given-ANOTHER-boost-in-the-race-to-sign-Marco-Reus

Basically says the rumor is he was left out of their match against Bayern because of an expected bid from an unnamed EPL club.

Could it be us?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #16816: Aug 14, 2014 12:23:06 am
      http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/394282/Arsenal-Man-Utd-and-Liverpool-given-ANOTHER-boost-in-the-race-to-sign-Marco-Reus

Basically says the rumor is he was left out of their match against Bayern because of an expected bid from an unnamed EPL club.

Could it be us?

Or because his injured?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #16817: Aug 14, 2014 12:31:02 am

Yeah I thought he was out 6-8 weeks.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #16818: Aug 14, 2014 12:37:12 am
      Yeah I thought he was out 6-8 weeks.

Yeah, 6-7 weeks from Germanys match against Armenia, pre world cup.

Still not close to match fitness, aha the sh*t newspapers write these days.
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #16819: Aug 14, 2014 12:40:16 am
      That Tim Vickery thing quote is still with me.  He's not the type to gossip on transfers. I remain ever hopeful.
      raymondo92
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts |
      Reply #16820: Aug 14, 2014 01:11:49 am
      Rumours (from caught offside mind) that we may be in for Guiseppe Rossi for £20m-£25m.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #16821: Aug 14, 2014 02:59:41 am
      Rumours (from caught offside mind) that we may be in for Guiseppe Rossi for £20m-£25m.

Really hoping it is true, but caught offside make sh*t up so I am not going to take this seriously. Would be a great deal. Not sure I would spend 25M on him. If it was closer to 20M I would, due to his injuries.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16822: Aug 14, 2014 03:14:56 am

Would he cost that much?
      Not sure about his injury record but he's a talented player
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #16823: Aug 14, 2014 03:25:24 am
      Would he cost that much?
      Not sure about his injury record but he's a talented player

I think it would be closer to 20M, he was leading Serie A in goals before he got hurt. Had he finished the season healthy he would probably go for his release clause (35M euro) and have a lot more bidders. I think he is worth a punt at 20M. If you keep him healthy he is a definite starter with Sturridge up top. You could also play him on the wing. He is versatile and clinical and has pace. Only 27 too.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #16824: Aug 14, 2014 06:39:11 am
      people aren't just WUMs just because you disagree with them.

And I'm really sorry but filling the squad with a bunch of midtable players, hiring a mercenary tw*t like Eto'o etc, who is on ridiculous wages and couldn't give two shits about Liverpool Football Club---that is more "disrespectful" than anything I have ever said.

I want us to win.  And to do it the right way.  We are getting there with the likes of Sterling, Coutinho etc. 

But bringing in players who don't meet our standard, acting small time by taking players on loan, paying mercenary rent boy strikers on ridiculous wages---THAT is disrespectful to our club.  And no, I won't get behind that.  And you shouldn't either.  because if stuff like that doesn't bother you then you're supporting the wrong club.  We're better than that and really shouldn't settle for less.
      I understand the "want" of being like Real Madrid when it comes to transfers. But to say the players we brought in are all overpriced and hyped  "midtable mercenaries" is wrong. Lets be honest, the moves we made are not for a run at the CL Title. They are moves to win the EPL Title and Domestic silverware, while adding solid depth for a good CL showing. With these additions and the players from last season we currently have 5 of the top 12 in goals scored. 6 if we sign Eto'o. Add the dramatic overhaul of our back line, by adding 3 solid proven defenders, including Moreno who could be world class.

Secondly, how many times over the past 4-5 seasons did we complain about not being active in transfers.  This season were nothing but active and Rodgers is still looking to add 2 maybe 3 more including a striker to fill Suarez's void. Which is almost impossible unless we sign Messi or Ronaldo.

Give them a chance. Let them play and practice together and feel eachother out and learn their styles. Were in good shape. We have good owners who trust the coach and gave him money. I dont get it. Why all the negativity?  This is the start of a new era for Liverpool. Let it play out.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #16825: Aug 14, 2014 09:33:47 am
      To be a winning side you don't necessarily have to spend astronomical money, Yes it helps ,and very much, but you cannot call a bunch of mid-table players because you paid a 10/15/20M to get them and not 35/40/50M and more,

Liverpool paid 'only' 10M to get Coutinho---21M to get suarez-- 18M for Hendo---, You cannot call them midtable players because you paid less

who knows if Can,  markovic,  ,and all the under 25M players the club paid for this summer will turn into a coutinho or suarez or '''maybe'''  better

You can have flops too, see aspas for ex,  but this can happen even with a 50M or more player

Rodgers brought in 6/7 players this window, some maybe GREAT signings(hope all) but maybe 1  or 2 turn out an aspas ,  who knows , the club signed these  because they were doing very good at their previous clubs,

lets just give  them a chance to show what they can do, then we can criticize or praise them

YNWA........kuragg ( maltese expression for have faith, courage,hehe)
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #16826: Aug 14, 2014 10:16:22 am
      To be a winning side you don't necessarily have to spend astronomical money, Yes it helps ,and very much, but you cannot call a bunch of mid-table players because you paid a 10/15/20M to get them and not 35/40/50M and more,

Liverpool paid 'only' 10M to get Coutinho---21M to get suarez-- 18M for Hendo---, You cannot call them midtable players because you paid less

who knows if Can,  markovic,  ,and all the under 25M players the club paid for this summer will turn into a coutinho or suarez or '''maybe'''  better

You can have flops too, see aspas for ex,  but this can happen even with a 50M or more player

Rodgers brought in 6/7 players this window, some maybe GREAT signings(hope all) but maybe 1  or 2 turn out an aspas ,  who knows , the club signed these  because they were doing very good at their previous clubs,

lets just give  them a chance to show what they can do, then we can criticize or praise them

YNWA........kuragg ( maltese expression for have faith, courage,hehe)

Exactly, and also to note - we've come a long long way since BR has taken over. People will not want to hear that, for it seems like indirect criticism towards king Kenny - it's not, he was just unfortunate with the committee he was working with here.

Compare the pre-BR Liverpool side to the current Liverpool side. BR is the best coach we've had in a long time (dare I say better than Benitez) and being a great coach means you can spend less, as you have the ability to train young and current players to a standard they never thought possible.

Look at little Raheem. He even stated how he's has been coached to lift his head more and look for the pass opposed to just trying to beat his man. This'll make him more complete and thus mean that we will not have to pay big for those ready made players at other clubs.

The same goes for Jürgen Klopp. He's also a brilliant coach. All those players he has brought in from other clubs and the youth have ended up being world class (and sold to Bayern ;D). He took Dortmund from the bottom to the top on next to nothing. How much were Sturridge, Hendo, Coutinho and Sterling worth before Brendan arrived here? Now each of them would be valued at a minimum of £30m!
      rogni
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #16827: Aug 14, 2014 10:27:18 am
      Rossi and Shaqiri before the end of the window?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #16828: Aug 14, 2014 10:33:22 am
      Rossi and Shaqiri before the end of the window?

Obviously it's always a blow selling your best player but I'd take Shaqiri here. A decent young player with huge ambition. BR could coach him into a top top player. Don't think it'll happen though.

Rossi? The one who played for the mancs?!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #16829: Aug 14, 2014 10:40:19 am
      Exactly, and also to note - we've come a long long way since BR has taken over. People will not want to hear that, for it seems like indirect criticism towards king Kenny - it's not, he was just unfortunate with the committee he was working with here.

Compare the pre-BR Liverpool side to the current Liverpool side. BR is the best coach we've had in a long time (dare I say better than Benitez) and being a great coach means you can spend less, as you have the ability to train young and current players to a standard they never thought possible.

Look at little Raheem. He even stated how he's has been coached to lift his head more and look for the pass opposed to just trying to beat his man. This'll make him more complete and thus mean that we will not have to pay big for those ready made players at other clubs.

The same goes for Jürgen Klopp. He's also a brilliant coach. All those players he has brought in from other clubs and the youth have ended up being world class (and sold to Bayern ;D). He took Dortmund from the bottom to the top on next to nothing. How much were Sturridge, Hendo, Coutinho and Sterling worth before Brendan arrived here? Now each of them would be valued at a minimum of £30m!

Interesting point about Benitez, but Benitez is still the better coach for me.

BR has been a breath of fresh air, no doubt about it, but until he makes his mark on the European scene there is no comparison really.
      Rafa had us number 1 in Europe, won it once and was unfortunate not to win it a second time, and this was purely down to his mastery of tactics and meticulous preparation.
      When it comes to the Prem, there's no doubt that what BR achieved last season was remarkable and if I have a criticism of Rafa it's that he was a bit too cautious at times.
      In 08/09 when he let his team "off the leash", they were a stunning attacking force that swept nearly all before them, but they didn't just score goals for fun, they were also very tight at the back, and I think I'm right in saying they hold the club record for scoring 4 goals in a game the most consecutive times. We ended that season with 77 for and just 27 against, and I can't help feeling that if Rafa had been bolder earlier on in the season we would have won it that year.

In some ways, the jury is still out on BR until we know last season wasn't a one off.
      Rafa has shown time and time again that when it comes to tactics, he is second to none, but he also has that innate caution that holds him back from being truly great.
      I'm hoping that BR can surpass him, and so far the signs are good.
      How he molds his team this season and overcomes opposition tactics set out to stifle us will tell us a lot about him.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #16830: Aug 14, 2014 10:40:55 am

I think everyone on this board fully appreciates what a great coach Brendan is. He is certianly the reason why we fionished second last year. I suppose what frustrates me, as does many other is that he has to 'make do and mend' seemingly each window.

First year you had the Sigg and dempsey debacle (not saying that they should have been signed - and indicates the level of backing he was given!)

Last season - were crying out for reinforcements - but all we got were moses and Aly!

This season it will be having to repeat last seasons performance, without replacing a starting striker, with a starting striker. We have the money there,  I just cant understnad why we arnt using to try and capitalise on our position (and also the Scum missing CL for another season would be v.damaging for them  :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16831: Aug 14, 2014 10:43:27 am
      Rossi is a terrific player and one I wanted to sign earlier but he does have a few too many injuries. Just niggles here and there like Sturridge.

Quality player though. Can play deeper without any problems or lead the line. Lovely finisher, great touch, can play a pass and handy bit of pace.

Still remember his hat trick against Juventus to win the game last season. Quality.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #16832: Aug 14, 2014 10:53:44 am
      Rossi is a terrific player and one I wanted to sign earlier but he does have a few too many injuries. Just niggles here and there like Sturridge.

Quality player though. Can play deeper without any problems or lead the line. Lovely finisher, great touch, can play a pass and handy bit of pace.

Still remember his hat trick against Juventus to win the game last season. Quality.

Just niggles here and there? He was injured for two entire seasons!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16833: Aug 14, 2014 11:04:46 am
      Just niggles here and there? He was injured for two entire seasons!

Not his fault though. They're not reoccurring muscle injuries, they're from tackles in game.

I mean his other niggles. Might just be weak physically, which is bad for this league.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #16834: Aug 14, 2014 11:31:48 am
      Listening to Danny Murphy saying that Wellbeck and Sturridge are good friends and that he would make a great fit at Liverpool is making my skin cringe....please god nooooooooo.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #16835: Aug 14, 2014 11:40:21 am
      Listening to Danny Murphy saying that Wellbeck and Sturridge are good friends and that he would make a great fit at Liverpool is making my skin cringe....please god nooooooooo.

Danny Murphy is a moron.

Quick Reply