Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4282706 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #37835: Jan 04, 2019 10:11:21 pm
      Cahill going to Fulham isn’t he?

Anyone else not that arsed if we sign anyone else? I’m to the point now where I trust Klopp implicitly. If he thinks we don’t need anyone this window I’m good with that.

Gary? We should be all over him as cover for VVD and Joe or Trent if we move Joe to right back
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37836: Jan 04, 2019 10:25:07 pm
      Gary? We should be all over him as cover for VVD and Joe or Trent if we move Joe to right back

I rather we think big and go for De Ligt or Skriniar to challenge Gomez, and instead of moving Gomez to right back, we think even bigger and buy a more established natural right back, or maybe a young exceptional talent in, Wan Bissaka to challenge TAA :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #37837: Jan 04, 2019 10:32:42 pm
      I rather we think big and go for De Ligt or Skriniar to challenge Gomez, and instead of moving Gomez to right back, we think even bigger and buy a more established natural right back, or maybe a young exceptional talent in, Wan Bissaka to challenge TAA :D

Greedy git

;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #37838: Jan 04, 2019 10:33:53 pm

Wan Bissaka is a great talent, probably better defensively than Trent but not as good offensively.

He will probably move with greater assurance of a starting position.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 851 
      Reply #37839: Jan 04, 2019 11:25:09 pm
      No surprise.

Not a player we need anyway and comes with a questionable attitude.

yup, he is a douche bag alright.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,759 posts | 863 
      Reply #37840: Jan 04, 2019 11:30:49 pm
      Cahill going to Fulham isn’t he?

Anyone else not that arsed if we sign anyone else? I’m to the point now where I trust Klopp implicitly. If he thinks we don’t need anyone this window I’m good with that.
      Apart from what he could bring on the pitch, I think it would be nice to have another guy that has won it before in the dressing room.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #37841: Jan 05, 2019 01:29:23 am
      19M for Solanke? You'd think Edwards is putting roofies into AFC's drinks for getting that much money for Solanke after selling them Ibe for 15M a couple years back.
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #37842: Jan 05, 2019 01:30:57 am
      Solanke i am not surprised one bit. He is young and needs game time and this is a good career move for him. Best of luck to the kid. Clyne i am surprised by because he showed against United he still has a lot to offer and until Gomez comes back it's only Milner as the backup for Arnold. All in all, In Klopp I Trust
      CT_LFC

• 6,815 posts | 1407 
      Reply #37843: Jan 05, 2019 01:36:42 am
      Yea right.

Stu is 100% gonzo in the Summer.

As he should, especially if he can leave as a PL champion, meaning he'd have no sense of "unfinished business" to make him want to stay at Liverpool. The way he is currently used is wasteful of his talents for both team and player and if it's true that teams like Milan, Inter and Sevilla are interested, why wouldn't he leave?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37844: Jan 05, 2019 03:20:54 am
      Clyne i am surprised by because he showed against United he still has a lot to offer and until Gomez comes back it's only Milner as the backup for Arnold. All in all, In Klopp I Trust

Like I said, the injury situation changed nothing for him. He played 1 game (bar the odd minutes at the end of a game), I was expecting that game to be the FA Cup but turned out to be the Mancs, which in fairness to him, he did play well. I wasn’t trying to wind you up by saying the injuries were irrelevant as far as Clyne is concerned, it’s because it was clear as day that he simply isn’t in Klopp’s plans and doesn’t have a future with us, even in an injury crisis. He played against the Mancs but then was straight back out the team.

I don’t think it’s a complete lack of ability for him, he’s a decent enough player but he hasn’t really shown anything when he hasn’t been injured since Klopp came in. Or maybe he’s just really sh*t in training or some behind the scenes stuff we don’t know about. But I don’t see how a player who has done nothing at all and barely played in 2 years can be a loss. His career essentially came to an end with us at the start of last season.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #37845: Jan 05, 2019 07:57:25 am
      I hope so too. keep saying it He should have been sold two summers ago, along with Origi and Lallana

With his injury record and 150k salary he was never sellable.

I still can’t believe we got 19 million for Solanke! Bournemouth didn’t learn after paying 15 for Ibe!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37846: Jan 05, 2019 08:28:41 am
      19M for Solanke? You'd think Edwards is putting roofies into AFC's drinks for getting that much money for Solanke after selling them Ibe for 15M a couple years back.

Brad Smith for 6 was the best one. Hardly played a game. Not even sure he's still there.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      Reply #37847: Jan 05, 2019 08:38:54 am
      Brad Smith for 6 was the best one. Hardly played a game. Not even sure he's still there.

Our sales under Jürgen have been class as in getting top price. Pre Jürgen we were a joke
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #37848: Jan 05, 2019 10:17:34 am
      I have no problem with us selling Solanke, in fact its a great deal but I cannot understand letting Clyne go unless we have someone else lined up, or ready to be promoted form the academy. Clyne was good cover for both RB and LB positions. Really really hope this doesn't bite us in the arse.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37849: Jan 05, 2019 10:40:08 am
      With his injury record and 150k salary he was never sellable.

I still can’t believe we got 19 million for Solanke!
      Bournemouth didn’t learn after paying 15 for Ibe!

A even better steal than FSG getting Liverpool for £300 Mil  :f_whistle:

Edit:- This was a player that Klopp had to be "persuaded" to buy, and although we made a pretty penny on the deal, we wasted time with him when we could have been giving one of our young players the first team game time they needed.

Never thought that he looked like, or had the necessary tools to be a Liverpool player...

Go Luck all the same
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 12:06:38 pm by The Real Donavan Ried »
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 887 posts | 103 
      Reply #37850: Jan 05, 2019 11:47:40 am
      I dont like the Solanke big-business. We cried hard enough when Chelsea tried to get another few quid for him after his world cup showing and instead of developing the lad we flip him.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #37851: Jan 05, 2019 12:02:40 pm
      I have no problem with us selling Solanke, in fact its a great deal but I cannot understand letting Clyne go unless we have someone else lined up, or ready to be promoted form the academy. Clyne was good cover for both RB and LB positions. Really really hope this doesn't bite us in the arse.

Looks like Ki-Jana Hoever will be fast tracked in to the first team.

Also Milner and Fabinho can both play RB.
      « Last Edit: Jan 05, 2019 12:06:51 pm by bazspeedman »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #37852: Jan 05, 2019 01:02:00 pm
      About that Solanke money.... 🤔

Fekir...😘
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #37853: Jan 05, 2019 01:08:12 pm

Totally agree and I have a feeling it will bite us in the arse.

No sense without a proven player and I don't mean midfielders covering makes no sense to me at all.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #37854: Jan 05, 2019 01:11:18 pm

Fekir...😘

You rang sir?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #37855: Jan 05, 2019 01:25:58 pm

Fekir...😘

Can see Madrid snapping him up if Isco is moved on. Or probably Bayern if James Rodriguez is intent on leaving. He is not gonna cost a lot this summer and looks like Chelsea have cooled their interest too (if at all they had any), given their focus on Barella and Higuain for this window.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37856: Jan 05, 2019 01:58:52 pm
      I hope folk don’t think Salah is off to Madrid when he is left out of the squad in the FA cup on Monday.

jaysus mate, don't give them idea's.

I'm already bracing for the "Keita will want a transfer because he's being left out" posts, like the ones we had about Fabinho.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #37857: Jan 05, 2019 03:17:51 pm
      Totally agree and I have a feeling it will bite us in the arse.

No sense without a proven player and I don't mean midfielders covering makes no sense to me at all.

Fabinho is right back for Brazil , Milner was superb in the area when he covered a couple weeks ago - we are fine at Right Back - Klopp wouldn’t let him go if he thought there was an issue - remember Clyne was out for months and months and there wasn’t much call for a Right back

Quick Reply