Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4282948 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #39790: Jun 30, 2019 12:17:08 pm
      We have to keep adding quality to the squad, we cannot sit still and think we are the finished article.

I think the only players that we will find very difficult to upgrade on are, Alisson, Robertson, TAA, VVD, Firmino, Salah and Mane.

Edit: Would add Wijnaldum to this list!
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019 12:42:49 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39791: Jun 30, 2019 12:20:13 pm
      I think the only players that we will find very difficult to upgrade on are, Alisson, Robertson, TAA, VVD, Firmino, Salah and Mane.

Not a questioning of upgrading. Adding one or two of similar quality
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #39792: Jun 30, 2019 12:31:17 pm
      Not a questioning of upgrading. Adding one or two of similar quality

Yep, but was more suggesting we are definitely not the finished article.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #39793: Jun 30, 2019 01:11:31 pm
      Saw the article by that Maddock fella, saying this.

The truth is, none of them know, they are just guessing.

And that's how it should be.

There some cases where hints are given. Not in a political leaking way, but fkr effect. I think Gorst, Reddy and Maddock received similar information around the same time.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #39794: Jun 30, 2019 01:23:08 pm
      There some cases where hints are given. Not in a political leaking way, but fkr effect. I think Gorst, Reddy and Maddock received similar information around the same time.

Point is, the journo's only know what the club wants them to know.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39795: Jun 30, 2019 01:55:53 pm
      Yep, but was more suggesting we are definitely not the finished article.

Of course we aren't.  We have a great base and we are in the position where any additions have a high bar to match
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 320 posts | 81 
      Reply #39796: Jun 30, 2019 06:03:26 pm
      In my prior posts, I hammered home truths that LFC's lack of goal scoring during stretches allowed MNC back into the race after XMas. Simply put, the team can't earn more than one point in a match if LFC can't score even 1 goal. Too many ties.

Today, I'll emphasize this point by looking at a different set of matches: Matches vs Top 6 teams.....MNC, MU, Tot, Chelsea, Arsenal....10 matches

MNC vs Top 6: 8-1-1......25/30 points
      LFC vs Top 6: 5-1-4..........19/30 points

MNC: 20 goals scored / 5 conceded
      LFC: 17 goals scored / 7 conceded

In the 5 "Top 6" matches when LFC went 0-1-4 .....4/15 points...LFC scored 3 goals

Given MNC's dominance against the PL's big money Top 6 squads, it is bizarre how MNC managed to lose games vs traditionally lower tiered teams.

Can we assume MNC, with all its firepower, will continue to get picked off by lessers?
      Can we project LFC will elevate their goal totals without an injection of additional quality on their front line?

What were MNC's issues pre XMas? Mid field injuries?
      How did MNC play with a healthy roster? 14 game winning streak.

My question: Can "LFC status quo" beat healthy MNC perfection?
      The task at hand is daunting: Near perfection is required.

The truths as of today: MNC's offense is superior and MNC's defense is level with LFC.

Simply put, LFC needs another certified goal scorer to help turn 1 point matches into 3 points. (7 draws in 2018-19)

The trick is convincing a legit goal scoring piece to share playing time.
      Fat paychecks can sway many.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2019 06:35:47 pm by Borg »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39797: Jun 30, 2019 06:47:26 pm
      In my prior posts, I hammered home truths that LFC's lack of goal scoring during stretches allowed MNC back into the race after XMas. Simply put, the team can't earn more than one point in a match if LFC can't score even 1 goal. Too many ties.

Today, I'll emphasize this point by looking at a different set of matches: Matches vs Top 6 teams.....MNC, MU, Tot, Chelsea, Arsenal....10 matches

MNC vs Top 6: 8-1-1......25/30 points
      LFC vs Top 6: 5-1-4..........19/30 points

MNC: 20 goals scored / 5 conceded
      LFC: 17 goals scored / 7 conceded

In the 5 "Top 6" matches when LFC went 0-1-4 .....4/15 points...LFC scored 3 goals

Given MNC's dominance against the PL's big money Top 6 squads, it is bizarre how MNC managed to lose games vs traditionally lower tiered teams.

Can we assume MNC, with all its firepower, will continue to get picked off by lessers?
      Can we project LFC will elevate their goal totals without an injection of additional quality on their front line?

What were MNC's issues pre XMas? Mid field injuries?
      How did MNC play with a healthy roster? 14 game winning streak.

My question: Can "LFC status quo" beat healthy MNC perfection?
      The task at hand is daunting: Near perfection is required.

The truths as of today: MNC's offense is superior and MNC's defense is level with LFC.

Simply put, LFC needs another certified goal scorer to help turn 1 point matches into 3 points. (7 draws in 2018-19)

The trick is convincing a legit goal scoring piece to share playing time.
      Fat paychecks can sway many.

Interesting analysis but I think we will be better next season whilst City will be slightly weaker.

The reason for our increase is 2 fold, firstly new signings being fully integrated now, ie Fabinho and Keita and secondly the return of the Ox plus potentially Brewster, also Origi should also offer a bit more, although I'd still like to see us sign one more top forward to boost our firepower.

The reason for City decreasing slightly are the loss of Kompany and Silva, plus Ageuro and Fernandinho being 1 year older.

I really think that if we can have a relatively injury free season then we should be able to win the league.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #39798: Jun 30, 2019 06:49:34 pm
      Interesting analysis but I think we will be better next season whilst City will be slightly weaker.

The reason for our increase is 2 fold, firstly new signings being fully integrated now, ie Fabinho and Keita and secondly the return of the Ox plus potentially Brewster, also Origi should also offer a bit more, although I'd still like to see us sign one more top forward to boost our firepower.

The reason for City decreasing slightly are the loss of Kompany and Silva, plus Ageuro and Fernandinho being 1 year older.

I really think that if we can have a relatively injury free season then we should be able to win the league.

I didn't know they were losing Silva
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #39799: Jun 30, 2019 07:30:04 pm

Silva isn’t leaving this summer
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39800: Jun 30, 2019 08:45:34 pm
      Silva isn’t leaving this summer

I'm sure They lost someone else besides Kompany.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,245 posts | 3496 
      Reply #39801: Jun 30, 2019 09:01:16 pm
      I'm sure They lost someone else besides Kompany.

No one from the first team
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 970 
      Reply #39802: Jul 01, 2019 12:11:52 am

Sorry mate, but this feels like clutching at straws.... 

The only player City are losing is Kompany -- a veteran CB who didn't make their best 11 when everyone was fit. 

Aguero and Fernandinho will be 1 year older,  but so will young players like Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Stones, Laporte, and Bernardo.  While the two former players may regress a little, the rest of that group could easily get even better. 

It's possible that Fab and Keita improve this season as they are more settled now, but the same could easily be said of Mahrez.

City played most of last season without arguably their best player (KDB) who spent most of the season coming back from various injuries.  Just as Ox will improve us, KDB will improve them. 

City are peobably going to earn 95+ points again this season.  In order to win the title we are going to need to be damn near perfect.  We can absolutely do it, but we shouldn't underestimate the quality of our primary rival....
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #39803: Jul 01, 2019 01:24:39 am
      I didn't know they were losing Silva

That's not until after this coming season. He has been made captain for what will be his 10th season at City (we're talking David here). Not sure if he is outright retiring or going to China/USA for a final payday.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39804: Jul 01, 2019 10:47:05 am
      That's not until after this coming season. He has been made captain for what will be his 10th season at City (we're talking David here). Not sure if he is outright retiring or going to China/USA for a final payday.

yeah my bad, but I still think we will be slightly stronger than last season and that City will be ever so slightly weaker, it might be just enough to tilt it in our favour but it won't be easy.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #39805: Jul 01, 2019 03:28:05 pm
      Grujic leaves on another season long loan to Hertha Berlin. 2 million fee.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #39806: Jul 01, 2019 06:01:15 pm
      IIngs completed move to southampton for 20mil. im starting to believe that we are signing someone, just offloading first, then going for signings. atleast i hope so
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #39807: Jul 01, 2019 07:04:22 pm
      Arsenal bid 40 million for zaha . Should we not bid for him ? I would say definitely.  Thoughts?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #39808: Jul 01, 2019 07:21:22 pm
      Arsenal bid 40 million for zaha . Should we not bid for him ? I would say definitely.  Thoughts?

No way he goes that low.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #39809: Jul 01, 2019 07:33:19 pm

Aren’t they reportedly looking for 100 mill!? There is a 25% sellin due to the Mancs within that
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,626 posts | 761 
      Reply #39810: Jul 01, 2019 08:02:00 pm
      Danny Ings gone for 20 mil
      https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48831514

We should put in a bid for Zaha ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #39811: Jul 01, 2019 08:07:35 pm
      IIngs completed move to southampton for 20mil. im starting to believe that we are signing someone, just offloading first, then going for signings. atleast i hope so

Why? This deal was wrapped up a year ago.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #39812: Jul 01, 2019 08:19:35 pm
      Aren’t they reportedly looking for 100 mill!? There is a 25% sellin due to the Mancs within that

Yeah heard 100 mill but its on sly sports news 40 mill . I think he would be awesome for us

Quick Reply