Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4318985 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Re: General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #45195: Jul 14, 2021 06:32:51 pm
      https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1415360541305024512

Think we all knew this anyway.

Means Nat will probably stay? Think we need 5 this season given one's Matip and two are coming back from serious injury.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45196: Jul 14, 2021 07:31:07 pm
      https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1415360541305024512

Think we all knew this anyway.

Means Nat will probably stay? Think we need 5 this season given one's Matip and two are coming back from serious injury.

Yea it makes no sense now to sign Kabak. Only for Nat performing so well last season we may well have. But as it stands we have 4 top class CB's and three decent backups in Nat, Rhys, and Ben.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #45197: Jul 14, 2021 08:16:03 pm
      Don't see us signing Tielemans, not at £60m or whatever it would likely cost. I think the only scenario we sign him this summer is if we were to somehow persuade Leicester to take Keita or Ox or if another club fancies a punt -- not looking likely at this stage.

My feeling is if we do sign a midfielder it will be £30m max with plenty of installments and add-ons, sufficiently cheap wages, lots of potential etc.

I would settle for a cheaper younger player with potential if it meant we could add more firepower up front. I'm more concerned about injuries and fatigue in this area than anywhere else and I think we need to start thinking about the next generation.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45198: Jul 14, 2021 08:40:21 pm
      Yea it makes no sense now to sign Kabak. Only for Nat performing so well last season we may well have. But as it stands we have 4 top class CB's and three decent backups in Nat, Rhys, and Ben.

Makes sense to me 8.5 m for an international CB with time on his side
      harrydunn08

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #45199: Jul 14, 2021 09:07:44 pm
      Makes sense to me 8.5 m for an international CB with time on his side

8.5M for a 5th choice CB who would likely not even make the bench in most games when we've got more pressing areas that need investment?  Pass.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #45200: Jul 14, 2021 09:53:33 pm
      It's a big price but i would love us to sign Tielmans, he's a fantastic player and was also excellent as a full-back until Rodgers moved him to midfield. If we could move Keita on for a solid fee i would love to see this happen. It would be a top quality addition to the team (not just the squad)
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45201: Jul 14, 2021 09:59:22 pm
      8.5M for a 5th choice CB who would likely not even make the bench in most games when we've got more pressing areas that need investment?  Pass.

Happy to keep Davies though doing same job and Phillips makes sense
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45202: Jul 14, 2021 10:01:38 pm
      It's a big price but i would love us to sign Tielmans, he's a fantastic player and was also excellent as a full-back until Rodgers moved him to midfield. If we could move Keita on for a solid fee i would love to see this happen. It would be a top quality addition to the team (not just the squad)

Agreed, Tielamens should be our absolute top priority this Summer.

Only 2 years left on his Leicester contract and we would at least double his current salary,

Surely we can negotiate a lower fee if he has no desire to sign a new contract with Leicester and expresses his desire to join us?
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45203: Jul 14, 2021 10:07:02 pm
      Agreed, Tielamens should be our absolute top priority this Summer.

Only 2 years left on his Leicester contract and we would at least double his current salary,

Surely we can negotiate a lower fee if he has no desire to sign a new contract with Leicester and expresses his desire to join us?

Far to much quoted price . Priority is  a striker be surprised if we had any interest
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #45204: Jul 14, 2021 10:15:50 pm
      I said demoted not sold. Utter stupidity to think the guy that's struggled to score goals for two years is going to suddenly become Robbie Fowler. We compensated for his lack of goals with Sadio but he had a stinker and you might be willing to risk another stinker but I'm not.

You appear to think Firmino is a "traditional" central striker.
      He is not.

Klopp's not worried about the number of goals he scores, because he gives us so much in other areas.
      That's good enough for me, and it should be good enough for every fan.

You can't say "In Klopp we trust" on the one hand, then completely contradict what he says on the other.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45205: Jul 14, 2021 10:20:13 pm
      I said demoted not sold. Utter stupidity to think the guy that's struggled to score goals for two years is going to suddenly become Robbie Fowler. We compensated for his lack of goals with Sadio but he had a stinker and you might be willing to risk another stinker but I'm not.

Welcome back...  ;)
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,265 posts | 3503 
      Reply #45206: Jul 14, 2021 10:22:22 pm
      Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox

We won’t Imo be looking at a CM unless one leaves
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45207: Jul 14, 2021 10:27:20 pm
      Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox

Milner also.  Absolutely no way we are spending big money on a midfielder
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45208: Jul 14, 2021 10:29:19 pm
      Berardi being mentioned decent return last season 17 goals and 7 assists in an average side
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45209: Jul 14, 2021 10:43:26 pm
      Far to much quoted price . Priority is  a striker be surprised if we had any interest

I'd say we have an interest alright just not a £64 million one.

A new striker will be very tricky this Summer, and even more expensive for a top one, which are on the scarce side.

Not sure we'll sign a new striker until we sell one of our front 3.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #45210: Jul 14, 2021 10:45:33 pm
      Berardi being mentioned decent return last season 17 goals and 7 assists in an average side

Not bad at all considering he plays mostly on the right wing.

Klopp would definitely fancy his versatility.
      rossyred

• 9,317 posts | 1672 
      Reply #45211: Jul 14, 2021 10:55:57 pm
      I'd say we have an interest alright just not a £64 million one.

A new striker will be very tricky this Summer, and even more expensive for a top one, which are on the scarce side.

As mentioned with Berardi sorry meant a forward player who can play in front 3 Afcon as well to consider
      CT_LFC

• 6,816 posts | 1407 
      Reply #45212: Jul 14, 2021 11:47:55 pm

As it should be. You already have the front 3 plus Jota, so a player capable of being top 3 up front isn’t going to come here to play 5th spot minutes. Those scarce minutes can go to Elliott to help further his development.

When another top striker arrives it will be to refresh the top 3 towards the next generation.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #45213: Jul 15, 2021 12:45:05 am
      Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox

We should be though.

The issue is reliability and that as much as anything is what we'll lose from Gini.

Chamberlain and Keita are huge gambles to rely on and even Hendo and Fabinho have injury concerns as well.

Personally I think we need a midfielder and a forward this summer.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,990 posts | 5047 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #45214: Jul 15, 2021 01:20:36 am
      Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox

We should always be looking for better than we already have mate, it's how we improve and progress as a team, those you quoted have/are serving us well when fit, but injuries take their eventual toll and old father time has a habit of doing the rest.

Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #45215: Jul 15, 2021 12:47:25 pm
      Fabinho
      Henderson
      Thiago
      Jones
      Keita
      Ox

I think there is a good chance one of them does leave. Gini was a mainstay of the team, was very rarely injured and a terrific player. You can almost write off Keita and Ox as reliable options. I'd happily sell both if solid deals could be arranged.

Tielmans would make my summer. Terrific player, only 24. great passer, has Klopp workrate, can strike a ball better than all our lads and would prefer excellent back up at Full Back.

Failing that I really like Bassouma at Brighton. More of a Gini type player and would fit right in immediately. I 100% believe we will replace Gini and it won't be from the current crop of players.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #45216: Jul 15, 2021 12:50:22 pm
      We should be though.

The issue is reliability and that as much as anything is what we'll lose from Gini.

Chamberlain and Keita are huge gambles to rely on and even Hendo and Fabinho have injury concerns as well.

Personally I think we need a midfielder and a forward this summer.

Absolutely, the lad missed very few games. I don' think for a minute Klopp will gamble on the Keita/Ox being fit or having to rely on Milner's 34 year old legs week in week out. Similarly Jones has not yet elevated his game to full time starter yet and he is still a bit of a tweener or can play further forward.

I think Bassouma is ready made for us but will keep dreaming about Tielmans!

Thiago had a decent last 6 weeks of the seaosn but he needs runners in there with him, Bassouma is a momo sissoko with skill.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,271 posts | 283 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #45217: Jul 15, 2021 01:22:00 pm
      Absolutely, the lad missed very few games. I don' think for a minute Klopp will gamble on the Keita/Ox being fit or having to rely on Milner's 34 year old legs week in week out. Similarly Jones has not yet elevated his game to full time starter yet and he is still a bit of a tweener or can play further forward.

I think Bassouma is ready made for us but will keep dreaming about Tielmans!

Thiago had a decent last 6 weeks of the seaosn but he needs runners in there with him, Bassouma is a momo sissoko with skill.

Agree with you. Got a feeling we’re going to have an out of the blue signing first of all though, then another 1 or 2 more expected types 🤞🏻

Quick Reply