Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4318591 times
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #6279: Jul 30, 2013 07:48:14 am
      Summer spending so far - sorry the picture's massive - click the link at the bottom.

http://infogr.am/Premier-League-Net-Transfer-Spend-Summer-2013

Top illustration that. You know youre in trouble when your being outspent by the bitters and Norwich! Maybe Delia can bake us a few cakes for a transfer fund bake sale!
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #6280: Jul 30, 2013 08:01:39 am
      It's clear as day the spending isn't good enough especially now that money is finally available from the deals

If we keep going this way I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Swansea overtook us this year

I feel far more optimistic based upon our form in the second half of last season, the preseason and players brought into compete for a starting position than i have done for quite a while.

I think it's a massive mistake to base our hopes on last years 2nd half form, teams were safe and relaxed against us at the end,both Luis and sturridge will be missing at the start of this season and all those teams we beat have improved their squads massively.. I don't believe we have.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #6281: Jul 30, 2013 08:29:56 am
      Mignolet and Toure ARE 'top four signings' Alberto may very well be too. Aspas could also prove to be quite a signing. Writing off our players and categorising them to suit your agenda is stupid.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6282: Jul 30, 2013 08:35:45 am
      Has Johno been linked with a move away?  I scrolled through some of the posts, but for the most part all I can see is bickering.... 

I can't see BR selling him if I'm honest.  He fits his system perfectly, and he can cover LB very well when needed.

Although I agree, it all depends on how much say Brendan actually has on these matters. From a purely business point of view, you could argue that now is the prime time to sell. As fans, we want too keep such players and push on but I'm not convinced FSG see things the same way.
      As for the actual rumour, I haven't seen much more than whispers between fans, personally.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #6283: Jul 30, 2013 08:53:06 am
      Mignolet and Toure ARE 'top four signings' Alberto may very well be too. Aspas could also prove to be quite a signing. Writing off our players and categorising them to suit your agenda is stupid.

Even in the best case scenario mignolet and toure are top 4 players but so were reina and carra so no change at best.

Carroll cost 35m and we still got 17.5m for him, shelvey was potentially decent. To swap these 2 again at best would be an equal swap imo

SO we have exchanged players of similar qualities while not actually adding to our squad or imo improving by any amount.

This level of team got us 7th last year. I believe teams around us are making better progress in the transfer market than we are. They are buying a better quality of player and/or adding to what they have not just exchanging.

My point wasnt to slate players we brought in but more to shed light on the fact that even in the best case scenario its an equal/slight improvement. Not nearly enough for top 4 imo mostly because the teams around us are growing in size and quality.

Unless this scenario changes I would think 7th would be another good return under the circumstances.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6284: Jul 30, 2013 09:23:13 am
       If it was the end of the transfer window at 10 o clock this morning, I'd be banging the drum with the gang. As it is though we've got a few weeks yet, so I'm happy to see what happens.

It will be interesting though if our NET spend does stay somewhere near where it is to see how people judge Brendan the first time we don't win 6-0. I know many would feel more comfortable if we had a manager whose name started with an R or a K, but unless you are prepared to at least pay lip service to competing with your competitors you are asking a lot to expect us to vault up the league.

Typically given how much I rate the manager and some of our recruits, I actually think that if we keep Suarez and don't sign anyone whatsoever we'll still go really well.   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6285: Jul 30, 2013 09:24:45 am
      Even in the best case scenario mignolet and toure are top 4 players but so were reina and carra so no change at best.

Carroll cost 35m and we still got 17.5m for him, shelvey was potentially decent. To swap these 2 again at best would be an equal swap imo

SO we have exchanged players of similar qualities while not actually adding to our squad or imo improving by any amount.

This level of team got us 7th last year. I believe teams around us are making better progress in the transfer market than we are. They are buying a better quality of player and/or adding to what they have not just exchanging.

My point wasnt to slate players we brought in but more to shed light on the fact that even in the best case scenario its an equal/slight improvement. Not nearly enough for top 4 imo mostly because the teams around us are growing in size and quality.

Unless this scenario changes I would think 7th would be another good return under the circumstances.

Don't know about "good return" Lee, but for sure I wouldn't be slamming the manager if it happened and we haven't spent any money. Hopefully though if we say finish fifth under the same circumstances, people will accept that he hasn't done too bad at all really.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,541 posts | 3472 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6286: Jul 30, 2013 09:59:32 am
      Skrtel to Napoli seems to have reared it's head again. looks like stronger than it did before, can we stop this Glen Johnson to spain rubbish now, he is learning the language but there is nowhere in spain really for him to go to as his wages would stop anyone outside the big 2 or 3 who have enough rightbacks as it is..
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #6287: Jul 30, 2013 10:05:35 am
      Don't know about "good return" Lee, but for sure I wouldn't be slamming the manager if it happened and we haven't spent any money. Hopefully though if we say finish fifth under the same circumstances, people will accept that he hasn't done too bad at all really.

Yeh think thats fair mick. I think hes a good manager too.

I just think not investing gives too many excuses about the place rather than aiming high and seeing what happens.

Top 6 if things stay the same would be a great achievement for Brendan similar to rafa getting top 4 under his circumstances

On topic Sanchez from Barca, Turan Atletico 2 to players i think we could get.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6288: Jul 30, 2013 10:29:06 am
      /snip/I know many would feel more comfortable if we had a manager whose name started with an R or a K,

Roy? :)
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6289: Jul 30, 2013 10:40:26 am

I know many would feel more comfortable if we had a manager whose name started with an R or a K,

Can't we have both and make everyony happy, I'm sure Roy Keane would love the job.  :P
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6290: Jul 30, 2013 10:48:12 am

I know many would feel more comfortable if we had a manager whose name started with an R or a K, but unless you are prepared to at least pay lip service to competing with your competitors you are asking a lot to expect us to vault up the league.

Mick,Robert Paisley didnt do too bad,I would willingly accept someone of his calibre irrespective of what their name began with.
      Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #6291: Jul 30, 2013 11:05:22 am
      I am getting a bit worried by tottenham again. While we continue to be linked to loan deals and players at the lower end of the spectrum, they seem to be going out and spending upwards of 50m. Remember they are our biggest competition this year and yet in terms of net spending they seem to be pulling away from us. There is an argument to say they already had a better squad but the big spending worries me even more....is it just me being paranoid?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #6292: Jul 30, 2013 11:25:39 am
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 2h
      Rumours coming from Italy today, Skrtel close to join Napoli and Borini offered to Juventus for Matri
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6293: Jul 30, 2013 11:30:03 am
      many would feel more comfortable if we had a manager whose name started with an R or a K,
      What, like Roy Hodgson?

I seem to remember that you liked Roy, didn't you Mick?   ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6294: Jul 30, 2013 12:08:02 pm
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6295: Jul 30, 2013 12:09:03 pm
      What, like Roy Hodgson?

I seem to remember that you liked Roy, didn't you Mick?   ;D

No mate but I was prepared to give him a go more than most were. Of course unfortunately for my credibility/the clubs potential for success he proved to be an even bigger c*nt than people were labelling him.
      Carlos Qiqabal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,119 posts | 56 
      Reply #6296: Jul 30, 2013 12:14:26 pm
      Not saying this is true but I know the brother of the girl who supplies the Suarez household with Farleys Rusks.

According to her Suarez's daughter is named after Anfield (her name is an anagram) however the regular order for the rusks has been cancelled this week.

No new orders have been placed for babyfood, sippy cups or pacifiers. Things might change after the player gets back from holiday but as yet - nothing. Looks ominous.

Following up from this tip - I saw my "contact" and he told me that a new order had come in LAST week for for a Mclaren transporter and a portable potty with wet wipes plus a fair amount of toddler food - all of it in easy to transport vaccuum jars and pouches. There was also a cotton sun hat in the order.

Unfortunately he had been away on a lad's holiday in Ibiza so i only just found out now.
      RED YOS 23
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #6297: Jul 30, 2013 12:50:26 pm
      My sister has a rabbit called luis because of its teeth and it keeps trying to leave his hutch. Things are looking ominous.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6298: Jul 30, 2013 01:18:02 pm
      LFCTS ‏@LFCTS 2h
      Rumours coming from Italy today, Skrtel close to join Napoli and Borini offered to Juventus for Matri

Oh god, Please, I rather wish we are after Quagliarella, despite his age!!

And why would Juve want ANOTHER striker if they are looking to offload the ones they already have?
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #6299: Jul 30, 2013 01:40:32 pm
      Oh god, Please, I rather wish we are after Quagliarella, despite his age!!

And why would Juve want ANOTHER striker if they are looking to offload the ones they already have?

This^^^
       I follow skyItaly regularly  on transfers,, Juve wants offload one of Matri  and Quagliarella ,They already sold Giaccherini to sunderland  after they signed Tevez and Llorente so NO new striker for Juve, , and they are asking good money for each(matri and Quagliarella),  about borini Lazio and Fiorentina were somehow interested, but his agent dismissed these rumours
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #6300: Jul 30, 2013 02:06:02 pm
      Id love to get rid of borini havent seen anything of him to suggest he will cut it at liverpool.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6301: Jul 30, 2013 02:12:07 pm
      No mate but I was prepared to give him a go more than most were. Of course unfortunately for my credibility/the
      I was only yanking your chain mate but I guess you know that.  ;D

Like you I have a 'feeling' Brendan will surprise a few people and, like you (I think), he'll do it despite FSG not because of them. Let's be honest here; having to fight off the likes of Everton, Newcastle and Sunderland, like he's shopping at the 'clearance rail' in TK Maxx, in the hope of a cut-price gem (which everyone else has missed), can't be nice.  :-\

Quick Reply