Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up

Read 9987 times
      LFC_Olly_91
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp
      • Started Topic

• 309 posts | 43 
      Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up
      Dec 31, 2012 09:47:49 am

After a comfortable win away at QPR I'm sure the lads will be up for this one, especially with Strurridge's arrival imminent.

I'd go for this side on Wednesday:

Reina

Johnson
      Skrtel
      Agger
      Downing

Lucas
      Allen

Sterling
      Gerrard
      Assaidi

Suarez

Subs; Jones; Wisdom, Carragher; Henderson, Sahin, Shelvey, Suso.

*Providing Jones and Henderson are ok to be in the squad. If not I'd put Gulacsi and Morgan/Sturridge (If available to play) on the bench.

The opposition

Sunderland have won 3 of there last 6, losing the other 3.

This is how they could line up:

Mignolet

Gardner
      Cuellar
      O'Shea (c)
      Bardsley

Johnson
      Larsson
      Colback
      McLean

Sessegnon

Fletcher

There main threats will come from there creative players - Johnson, Larsson and Sessegnon. And the obvious power of Fletcher up front.

I think if we score early, like we did against Fulham, we will run away with this game. I'm predicting a fashionable 3-1 win, with Suarez, Gerrard and Johnson scoring the goals for us, and Fletcher for them.

:kop5cf8koxp6:

*Admin I could only find the picture I've attached, If you could find a better one could you please put it in.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2013 04:30:21 pm by redkenny »
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Re: Liverpool v Sunderland, Wednesday 2nd January, KO: 19:45 Pre-match build up
      Reply #1: Dec 31, 2012 09:59:47 am

This is one of those games where we should keep our winning momentum up, but we cannot be complacent. They have some dangerous players, and I think Adam Johnson will cause problems. I think we should play Glen Johnson at left back, and the fact he's right footed will help us because whenever Adam Johnson is on his strong foot, Glen will be defending on his stronger foot.

Defensively we can exploit them. They have slow, and not very mobile defenders and Suarez will have chances to penetrate their defence. I'm not sure if Sturridge will be here, but I don't see why not. The paperwork should be done the day before, and I've seen transfers done in an hour. I don't see why this can't be done in a day.

If Sturridge is here, I'd play him straight away. He knows the league, and he can give us something we've lacked on that right. Pace, goals, and someone who is hungry to get in that box.

I imagine Lucas will play, but I hope we remain unchanged. Henderson looked good and I think it'd be unfair to get rid of him. If Lucas did come him I'd take out Allen but I don't see Rogers doing that.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #2: Dec 31, 2012 10:02:24 am
      Sadly " a comfortable win at QPR" means sweet F**k all at the minute in regard to the Sunderland game.
      We have to put the game to bed early 2 goals at least, if we don't we have to change things around at half time.

They are a decent team who have some good players back from niggly injuries recently McLean & Johnson (who we should have bought)

Fletcher up front is a good player who is due a goal it wont be easy at all. If we play like we played against Stoke forget about it we'll get
      battered.

Martin O'Neill is unlike some try to make out on here a very good manager who will defo have a game plan...

Hopefully we will have Sturridge available we do need him asap imo...

Good Luck Red Men....
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #3: Dec 31, 2012 10:06:55 am
      If Sturridge is available i,d put straight in to play down the middle. Suarez looked fantastic at QPR coming in from the right hand side which is where i,d play him. Then when Borini comes back put Borini wide left. At the moment if Assaidi is fit i,d put him out wide left. I think Hendo did enough to start again.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #4: Dec 31, 2012 10:38:46 am

This is one of those games where we should keep our winning momentum up, but we cannot be complacent. They have some dangerous players, and I think Adam Johnson will cause problems. I think we should play Glen Johnson at left back, and the fact he's right footed will help us because whenever Adam Johnson is on his strong foot, Glen will be defending on his stronger foot.

Defensively we can exploit them. They have slow, and not very mobile defenders and Suarez will have chances to penetrate their defence. I'm not sure if Sturridge will be here, but I don't see why not. The paperwork should be done the day before, and I've seen transfers done in an hour. I don't see why this can't be done in a day.

If Sturridge is here, I'd play him straight away. He knows the league, and he can give us something we've lacked on that right. Pace, goals, and someone who is hungry to get in that box.

I imagine Lucas will play, but I hope we remain unchanged. Henderson looked good and I think it'd be unfair to get rid of him. If Lucas did come him I'd take out Allen but I don't see Rogers doing that.
      I don't think Sturridge would be anywhere near match fit.
      This will be a tough game for us. We always struggled against pacey attackers. They will sit back and counter with number. Hope BR found a way to counter the 'counter threat' :D.
      Heart says 3-0
      Brain says  0-1 with we having 60% ball and double the number of shots.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Dec 31, 2012 10:41:39 am
      O'Neill has a good record against us so it will be tight, hopefully the boys will get over the shits...
                    Reina
      Wisdom  Skrtel  Agger   Johnson
               Lucas     Henderson
                    Gerrard
       Sterling  Suarez  Downing
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #6: Dec 31, 2012 10:42:38 am
      Sturridge hasn't played for months and is just returning to fitness from a hamstring injury and some want to throw him straight into the action ?

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #7: Dec 31, 2012 10:43:51 am
      Sturridge hasn't played for months and is just returning to fitness from a hamstring injury and some want to throw him straight into the action ?

I think some people would like to throw him a lot further than that !
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #8: Dec 31, 2012 10:47:21 am

He was in Chelsea's squad on the 16th, then after that had a medical with us. So if he's recovered from the injury, yes. I'd play him straight away.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #9: Dec 31, 2012 10:51:51 am
      He was in Chelsea's squad on the 16th, then after that had a medical with us. So if he's recovered from the injury, yes. I'd play him straight away.

I'm still hoping the deal falls through
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #10: Dec 31, 2012 10:59:32 am

Still there is chance for a Spurs hijack.  :D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #11: Dec 31, 2012 11:06:58 am
      I'd keep Hendo in, play Johnson at lb and Wisdom at RB. If Sturridge is fit I'd give him a go possibly at expense of Sterling but more realistically expect him on the bench....after all Llorente has to start surely  :cool-smiley-027:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,374 posts | 2821 
      Reply #12: Dec 31, 2012 11:13:00 am
      Hope the virus doesn't spread to anyone else in the squad, another must win game here.

Same team for me, just put Wisdom in at RB and shift Glen to the left. If Hendo isn't fit then I'd put Sahin in there.

Only watched Sunderland a few times this season. Not sure if I caught them on off days but they hardly offered any threat at all. Johnson's overrated and they look weak in the middle of the park.

3-0, Suarez x2 and Gerrard.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13: Dec 31, 2012 11:15:25 am

Why is that George?

Do you not have faith in Brendan; are you doubting his ability to chose the right player for the system?
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #14: Dec 31, 2012 11:21:50 am
      Why is that George?

Do you not have faith in Brendan; are you doubting his ability to chose the right player for the system?

I don't rate Sturridge and think there could easily be better players out there beyond the borders of our own country

I think he is another overrated British player

So yes I have worries about his signings and future signings at the moment
      Redangel

• 8,338 posts | 1010 
      Reply #15: Dec 31, 2012 11:23:19 am
      Feeling much more confident about this one after yesterday , don't know why , 'cos let's face it , it's a gamble which team turns up. Still , going for a win 2-0 to us.
      Oh , and a message for Brendan , please don't give them New Year's Day off .   :f_tongueincheek:

A very happy , successful and  peaceful New Year to one all .   :) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :)
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #16: Dec 31, 2012 11:48:45 am
      Another 3 points wouldn't go amiss....lets start 2013 with a home win
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #17: Dec 31, 2012 11:54:00 am
      If the 5 teams above us drop points and we take all 3 it narrows the gap further for us to push for 4th,but we have found ourselves on a couple of occcassions in this position but never made it count.

Hoping to smash these.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #18: Dec 31, 2012 12:17:49 pm
      I don't rate Sturridge and think there could easily be better players out there beyond the borders of our own country

Fair enough but why do you think Brendan's judgement shouldn't be trusted on this one?

Anyhows maybe that's for another thread; don't want to clutter this up with my curiosity.

Time to build on our points tally with this game.

Sure we have been erratic/inconsistent but the truth is that I would much rather have had the 12 points, over six games, (which included two defeats) than the pish-poor 10 from seven games Stoke through Swansea (in which we went unbeaten). Sunderland, at home, is the type of game that can give us a lift with two wins on the bounce.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #19: Dec 31, 2012 02:27:18 pm
                                   Reina

Wisdom         Skrtel        Agger       Johnson

Lucas        Sahin

Gerrard

Sterling                                Assaidi

Suarez
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #20: Dec 31, 2012 02:32:05 pm
      First off - lets forget how many points we are off 6th or 4th or even 2nd..!

Sunderland for me are a very physical side, who will no doubt counter quickly - and with power. This is exactly the side we dont want to face at this point in time, however they are easily beatable. I expect them to score at least one against us, they have managed this against City, Spurs, Utd and Newcastle so they are a danger.

In our last outing we had 20 shot against them, 9 on target and scored 1 goal. This is a problem I hope we have solved... It will be great to see how we compaire with the earlier game this season...

It is now time we can really look to see if there has been improvement - and how far we have come... Being at home I expect a win here - and we really need to start putting a streak together - not for anything more than pride and beleif.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #21: Dec 31, 2012 02:35:44 pm
      Just get the 3 points, don't matter how we get it. The roller coaster ride must stop and start winning. Have a good start in 2013!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #22: Dec 31, 2012 02:58:15 pm
      Wonder who we'll play at LB. Johnson? Downing? Agger? If it were me, I'd put Glen on the left because Adam Johnson is going to constantly cut in. With Glen being right-footed, he'll cut in onto Johnson's stronger foot.
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #23: Dec 31, 2012 03:36:35 pm
      if sturridge signs tomorrow can he play against sunderland?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #24: Dec 31, 2012 03:45:01 pm
      if sturridge signs tomorrow can he play against sunderland?

So long as the medical and everything goes ok then I don't see any reason why not
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Dec 31, 2012 04:02:28 pm
      Anyone who thinks Sturridge will play needs to stop playing FIFA.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #26: Dec 31, 2012 04:04:27 pm
      So long as the medical and everything goes ok then I don't see any reason why not
      I thought he had had his medical already?.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #27: Dec 31, 2012 04:14:39 pm

Could be on the bench though if everything like the paperwork passes through quickly, in fairness.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #28: Dec 31, 2012 04:18:20 pm
      ...if everything...passes through quickly..

Poor taste mate - given Gaffers condition
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #29: Dec 31, 2012 04:39:13 pm

I honestly expect him to be on the bench for us as long as he is fit and the paperwork has cleared.  We have no other striking reinforcements to back up Suarez if he were to be forced off through injury.  It will also be good for the lads confidence to see that he is part of the 1st team plans straight away. 
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #30: Dec 31, 2012 04:51:09 pm
      Poor taste mate - given Gaffers condition

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #31: Dec 31, 2012 11:31:53 pm
      O'Neill has a good record against us so it will be tight, hopefully the boys will get over the shits...
                    Reina
      Wisdom  Skrtel  Agger   Johnson
               Lucas     Henderson
                    Gerrard
       Sterling  Suarez  Downing

The above team selection for me.

Given the pattern lately, this will be an embarrassing loss.

Of course there's no reason we can't buck the trend. Need to see more from the midfield and I think Henderson has earned the start over Allen at this point, especially against this more physical team.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,538 posts | 1481 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #32: Dec 31, 2012 11:34:50 pm
      Reina
      Johnson Skrtel Agger Robinson
      Lucas Henderson
      Gerrard
      Downing Suarez Sterling

Assaidi sub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #33: Dec 31, 2012 11:41:52 pm
      Must win we need to catch up with the teams on 33 points to get into the mix.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 764 
      Reply #34: Dec 31, 2012 11:57:09 pm
      Need to keep the winning mentality going, tougher game altogether than at QPR. hopeful though of another 3 points.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #35: Jan 01, 2013 12:46:23 am
      Strugglig to find the thread/place so here will have to do.HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my Reds Fans brothers and sisters alike.YNWA and above us only sky.God bless and may all our troubles be low scoring WINS (hick).Remember!Don't post p*****d.  :f_whistle: xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Jan 01, 2013 04:32:04 am
      Reina

Johnson Skrtel Agger Downing

Sahin
      Henderson Gerrard

Sterling                     Suso
      Suarez

That is a mix of what I would like to see and what I think will happen, think it should be easy to realise which is which. Think we will make things hard for ourselves in this match to be honest and it'll be a hell of a close game. Both teams will no doubt score so my guess is either 2-2 or 2-1 to us.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #37: Jan 01, 2013 10:10:01 am
                      Pepe
      Wisdom  Skirt. Agger  Johnson
                 Lucas.  Hendo
                      Gerrard
      Downing   Suarez   Sterling

Consistency is key, apart from Jose & Allen I would field same 11, Sterling has to step up from the qpr game tho,
      If Sturbridge is signed I'd have him on the. Bench if fit, would rather have Falcao tho,

Don't fear black cats but that's not to say they won't cause problems, going for a 3-1 win with all around us F***ing things up.

IBWT     YNWA
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #38: Jan 01, 2013 12:25:46 pm
      Suarez to shine, again. 4-1.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #39: Jan 01, 2013 12:42:05 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow. I'd assume he'll be in the stands and might make an appearance against Mansfield on Sunday?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: Jan 01, 2013 12:47:21 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow. I'd assume he'll be in the stands and might make an appearance against Mansfield on Sunday?

Typical incompetent FA. Lets start the opening of the Transfer Window on a BANK HOLIDAY when we're CLOSED.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #41: Jan 01, 2013 12:49:49 pm
      Typical incompetent FA. Lets start the opening of the Transfer Window on a BANK HOLIDAY when we're CLOSED.

Funny only because it's true.

Get this funny mental picture of Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours, rubbing his hands and saying "right guys, we're open for business!", customers walking to go in and him standing firm at the door, "nope, sorry we're closed!"
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #42: Jan 01, 2013 02:37:11 pm
      Apparently because of the bank holiday the paper work for Sturridge won't be done in time for him to play tomorrow.
      Don't think he could of played because the round of games starts today - don't you have to sign on or before the same time to play either Sat/Sun games?

Anyway - don't like Sunderland (or MON) and hoping we can surely get the points.  Keep Fletcher quiet and I think you normally beat them this season.  We must owe them a good beating after recent games against them.

Agree with most selections but wouldn't be surprised to see Downing at left back.
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #43: Jan 01, 2013 06:01:48 pm
       :-\ Why is the transfer thread locked during the transfer month ? Any ideas ?
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #44: Jan 01, 2013 07:08:16 pm
      Going to this game tomorrow. Really excited since I haven't been the match for ages. With being away at uni and working at weekends, and now being in a different country, thought I may as well take this chance to go while I'm home for Christmas.

Was hoping we'd go into this game with a string of wins. Had we beat Villa and got at least a point from Stoke, that would have been very encouraging.

Nevertheless, another must win game and let's hope Everton drop points in their tricky away game.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,172 posts | 524 
      Reply #45: Jan 01, 2013 07:18:51 pm
      Lets hope this year gets off to a winning start against Sunderland,and I'm going for a edgy 2-1 win to the redmen.

Happy new year to everyone.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #46: Jan 01, 2013 07:21:05 pm
      :-\ Why is the transfer thread locked during the transfer month ? Any ideas ?

Click on Liverpool FC Forum and then it is in the page below 'The Kop'.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,342 posts | 1526 
      Reply #47: Jan 01, 2013 10:24:10 pm
      Thinking like most, tricky game this. capable of beating these but depends on which team turns up for both. They've been a bit less convincing than us, but have a couple of decent players retuning from injury so have looked a bit better last couple of games. Hope we get an early goal and continue with the urgency we showed against qpr first half. Just hope we have a better second half tomorrow. Few good results went in our favour today, just hope we can capitalise on them this time. Think the game will go................
        1 - 0         2 - 0       2 - 1      3 - 1   Suarez 2 Gerrard 1    With Martin 'Zebedee' Oneil leaping about like a man obsessed. With places threatened due to the threat of new signings coming in, should see everyone give 110 % .  Surely now we can start on the road to consistency...
      luciano-lfc
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 72 posts |
      Reply #48: Jan 02, 2013 01:00:09 am
      We play manure, norwich, arsenal and city next. I don't usually say this, but we ABSOLUTELY need to win this game. If our center backs don't have another off day, we can beat them, no problem. I'm going for 3-1, goals from Suarez, Gerrard and Skrtel.

And Happy New Year, everyone!!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #49: Jan 02, 2013 01:00:20 am
      Just a quick question, I'm travelling from Manchester for the game tomorrow and I am getting the train to Sandhills and I am hoping to get the Soccerbus to Anfield, does anybody know how often they are? Would be a big help, if not then no worries.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #50: Jan 02, 2013 02:25:17 am
      A lot of results went our way, so once again, like Stoke, getting points here is a must. 3 points would be pretty big heading into the FA Cup, then United away.

I'd go with this tomorrow:

Reina
      Skrtel     Agger
      Wisdom                  Johnson
      Allen   Sahin
      Gerrard
      Downing                    Assaidi
      Suarez

I think Glen should be at LB to combat Adam Johnson. He'll be cutting in on his left a lot and that will be onto Glen's stronger right foot.

Give Sahin a run out in midfield while pushing Stevie higher up the pitch. Leaving out Lucas so he can recover more. Ideally, he'd come on for about 25-30 minutes at the end, for either Joe or Nuri.

I'd also start Assaidi as Sterling was very good vs QPR and is still in need of rest.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #51: Jan 02, 2013 05:26:19 am
      Win one lose one.  Thas the way its been going for us.  But toss that its a New Year.  Star with a win.  Very important.  Sturridge's arrival imminent and a new Year everyone has to be positive and napalm sunderland too.  Ofcourse you're gonna get casualties by maybe surrendering some goals but toss that keep napalming them till they are wiped out.  Going for a win win.  Please REDMEN do em good.
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #52: Jan 02, 2013 10:26:51 am
      New Year - a new hope. Home win essential.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #53: Jan 02, 2013 11:53:36 am
      Hi all still here in India struggling to figure out time difference. How long till KO ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #54: Jan 02, 2013 11:54:43 am
      Hi all still here in India struggling to figure out time difference. How long till KO ?

Touch under 8 hours Aus...

Hope you're having a good time lad
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #55: Jan 02, 2013 12:02:21 pm
      Thanks Pd. yeah having a ball mate drinking heaps smoking heaps and smoking heaps  ;)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #56: Jan 02, 2013 12:32:21 pm
      yeah having a ball mate drinking heaps smoking heaps and smoking heaps

That's maybe why you're having diffs with the time difference mate... "time is immaterial man". Tho' as long as you don't end up smoking the beef (strong skunk/'convincing' trannies) you'll be alright Ian.

Five and a half hours in front should be 01:15 Ganja Ganges time.  8)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      Reply #57: Jan 02, 2013 12:46:19 pm
       :lmao:

Thanks BBB that means 7 hours to KO. Sweet go u Reds
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #58: Jan 02, 2013 12:56:46 pm
      KO at 1:15 IST.
       #INDlfc ;D
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 02, 2013 01:01:32 pm
      Just a quick question, I'm travelling from Manchester for the game tomorrow and I am getting the train to Sandhills and I am hoping to get the Soccerbus to Anfield, does anybody know how often they are? Would be a big help, if not then no worries.

Don't know the exact timing but they are very frequent.

Alternatively, if you dive off the train at Lime Street (presuming you are on the train) and walk down to the Marriott, direct buses and shared taxis run to the ground for £1.90 and come every 5 minutes.

Just so you know, if you are travelling back to Manchester by train after the game, it's rail replacement buses after 9pm.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #60: Jan 02, 2013 01:04:41 pm
      Aussie - I work a lot in India, they are currently 5:30 mins ahead of us.

Looking forward to this, a nice solid 3 points to give us any chance of mounting a sprint for the top 4.

Hoping Everton will stumble at Newcastle with all the pressure mounting on Pardew.

QPR to get something out of the chavs would be magnificent.

#Optimism
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #61: Jan 02, 2013 01:46:11 pm
      Nervous about this game - this season has me conditioned for a boot in the b#llocks tonight.

As ever my optimism prevails so its 2-0 LFC - Luis and wait for it..............Hendo.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Jan 02, 2013 02:43:19 pm
      I think we'll win comfortably here, 4-0.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #63: Jan 02, 2013 02:47:14 pm
      Fancy us against any team that just come and sit. Just have to make sure when they break we close down quickly and don't let them get any decent service to Fletcher. Remember the only reason we didn't win the first time was because of our love of hitting the woodwork.

Allen and Gerrard bossed the midfield in the first game, we'll see the same again with better results this time
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #64: Jan 02, 2013 02:47:52 pm

Hope so Mick,but i will take a 1-0 from a deflection if it meant 3 points bagged.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #65: Jan 02, 2013 02:55:23 pm

O god! Hope so but lets not go in thinking we have it won before we kick a ball like the villa game!! Sunderland have got better will be hard to break down and good on the break.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #66: Jan 02, 2013 02:58:40 pm
      On way to this one...! 4-0..
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #67: Jan 02, 2013 03:08:25 pm

Are you still bevvied from New Years big lad?
      I'll take 2-0 all day Suarez both probably
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #68: Jan 02, 2013 03:11:10 pm
      Touch under 8 hours Aus...

Hope you're having a good time lad

IF you are in India the match is at 1:10 am on ESPN.

Cheers,
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #69: Jan 02, 2013 03:14:27 pm
      Sturride deal announced of LFC.TV
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #70: Jan 02, 2013 03:17:59 pm
      Like most here I'm cautiously optimistic about tonight. This season has come back and kicked us in the balls too many times after a win for any over confidence.

Mignolet is in the form of his life for them so we're going to need more than Suarez threatening him. Much like us they rely heavily on one man for their goals, Fletcher. He got the opener against us at The Stadium of Light, which if memory serves me right was a sloppy goal to concede.

We should dominate at home. I can see them relying on the counter attack and packing the mid field. I think seeing as we'll be missing Enrique whoever comes in for him will be a target and I expect them to put Adam Johnson against Wisdom/Downing/Robinson and look to set up Fletcher.

They're starting XI against Spurs was; Mignolet, Gardner, O'Shea, Cuellar, Kilgallon, Johnson, Larson, Colback, McClean, Sessegnon, Fletcher

We should be well able to beat that team. The Defence is slow and a bit of a patch job, Suarez should give them nightmares. If he gets runners in support we should easily carve them open and create spaces for chances. They look like they'll pack the midfield but if our midfield performs as well as they did against QPR we should keep their supply short. McClean and Johnson look like the biggest threat for supplying Fletcher, so our wingers need to track back and support the full backs. No nonsense defending is needed from Skrtel and Agger to keep Fletcher quiet. He's not a flair player like Luis who'll create chances from nothing, but he is a grafter and will run all day to get a chance, if the ball id in the area clear it, no bollocking around.

I'd start with;

Basically the same as QPR except Wisdom and Suso come in. I'd pick Wisdom at RB instead of Downing at LB because as I say I think their supply will come from out wide and Wisdom is a defender first and foremost even though he adds to our attack, whereas Downing for me is there to add to the attack more so than the defence.

Suso starts over Downing as well because I think his creativity can open up space for Suarez. But he needs to be more adventurous and get into the box, just take a chance and he might get that first league goal, he just needs to get into the positions.

I'm going with the same midfield because I think they played very well against QPR but as well as that they are good at pressing and winning the ball back. Henderson has the legs to run all day, we need to utilise that to our advantage.

As I said I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The last time we played them at Anfield was the first game of last season, we bossed the game and should have run away with it. We drew 1-1 and that was the first of what is now an all to familiar outcome. Tonight we right the wrongs and get this year off to a flier. We tw*t these and work to strong second half of the season.

I'll say 2-0, Suarez brace. But I'd like to see Sterling or Suso chip in.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #71: Jan 02, 2013 05:01:31 pm
      Reina, Wisdom, Agger, Srktel, Johnson, Lucas, Hendo, Stevie, Sterling, Suarez, Downing.

A win is needed here, otherwise the win at QPR means nothing, esp with the upcoming fixtures we have too.
      zxZXzx
      • Forum John Toshack

• 254 posts |
      Reply #72: Jan 02, 2013 05:10:13 pm
      Cmon Liverpool!!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Jan 02, 2013 05:18:16 pm
      I would go with Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Allen, Sahin, Gerrard, Sterling, Suarez
      sonuxs
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 332 posts |
      Reply #74: Jan 02, 2013 05:22:55 pm
      IF downing doesnt start today it could well be assumed that there is no need to advertise him anymore . A bid must be in place. Else unfortunately he starts.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #75: Jan 02, 2013 05:29:06 pm
      I, along with God beleive this will be the starting 11 for tonights game.

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Henderson, Sterling, Suarez.

When I say God, you all know who I mean - it's what he thinks it will be tonight - and I would go with that too...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #76: Jan 02, 2013 05:37:30 pm

Reina; Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard; Henderson, Sterling, Suarez.

When I say God, you all know who I mean - it's what he thinks it will be tonight - and I would go with that too...
      Has Robbie Fowler had a word Dan?
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #77: Jan 02, 2013 05:41:37 pm
      Has Robbie Fowler had a word Dan?

wish God was playing.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #78: Jan 02, 2013 05:44:39 pm

Don't we all.  :)
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #79: Jan 02, 2013 05:46:48 pm

4 in midfield or Henderson RB or RW?
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #80: Jan 02, 2013 05:47:12 pm
      good cos i stand to make alot of money if Danny or Martin score if Luis scores i make my money back (just);D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,255 posts | 4932 
      Reply #81: Jan 02, 2013 05:55:53 pm
      Looking forward to this one and like our previous game a team we should be beating.

I think the boss will go with Downing LB so interesting to see who else is selected.

I'd leave midfield as it is for this one as I though the three played well against QPR.
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #82: Jan 02, 2013 06:04:24 pm
      good cos i stand to make alot of money if Danny or Martin score if Luis scores i make my money back (just);D

Pretty bold putting money on Danny scoring when the lad has just signed for us today!!   :f_tongueincheek:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #83: Jan 02, 2013 06:06:18 pm
      Pretty bold putting money on Danny scoring when the lad has just signed for us today!!   :f_tongueincheek:

Perhaps Danny Agger?
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      Reply #84: Jan 02, 2013 06:13:02 pm
      £5 on Glen Johnson for me 3-1 might throw a £10 on Luis to score anytime
      harrydunn08

• 5,921 posts | 964 
      Reply #85: Jan 02, 2013 06:14:13 pm

Apparently the sarcasm wasn't properly conveyed with the emoticon I chose....
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #86: Jan 02, 2013 06:44:25 pm
      I'm about to create an excuse to leave work earlier and get home in time to watch the match. Wish me luck.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #87: Jan 02, 2013 06:50:26 pm

It was Danny Welbeck we signed today wasnt it ?
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,637 posts | 130 
      Reply #88: Jan 02, 2013 06:53:04 pm
      The team in full is: Reina, Wisdom, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Downing, Sterling, Suarez. Subs: Jones, Sahin, Shelvey, Carragher, Robinson, Allen, Suso.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/lucas-starts-listen-live-1
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #89: Jan 02, 2013 06:56:16 pm
      Sahin is on the bench!
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #90: Jan 02, 2013 06:57:17 pm
      Good side that. Hope Downing continues his recent form.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #91: Jan 02, 2013 06:59:39 pm
      Good to see young Wisdom back in the team.  :gt-happyup:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,236 posts | 919 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #92: Jan 02, 2013 07:02:25 pm
      A win is needed tonight to keep up the pressure on all above, it is a game we should win easily but these days one never knows, come on reds
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1629 
      Reply #93: Jan 02, 2013 07:03:09 pm
      I'm about to create an excuse to leave work earlier and get home in time to watch the match. Wish me luck.
      All the best mate.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #94: Jan 02, 2013 07:21:05 pm
      Live thread here:

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,44177.0.html

This one is now locked.

Quick Reply